PDA

View Full Version : Vote for President

DCGuy343
02-07-2008, 11:09 PM
What is the mood outside of the beltway here in DC?

Out of the reamining candidates who would you like to see win?

What is you spin on the race for the Presidency?

CORVETTEDUDE
02-07-2008, 11:15 PM
Sorry peeps, but John McCain is the only one on that list with integrity, and the background to be "Commander in Chief" of this nations military.

trish
02-07-2008, 11:37 PM
John McCain has integrity! That's a laugh. Just last summer he visited a market in Baghdad wearing a Kevlar vest and surrounded by security. He then lied directly into the cameras telling the world how safe it was there in Baghdad. He compared it to a outdoor farmer's market in the Midwest! All the while security was checking out everything that moved. The very next day the market was hit by terrorists and about a dozen Iraqi civilians died needlessly and more were painfully maimed. Why? Because John McCain had a fleeting political need to falsely advertise how well the war going in Iraq. Of course his actions only served to focus the violence of the insurgents on the very market he chose as his political backdrop. Did he later admit he was wrong about the safety of Baghdad market places? Did he later apologize for focusing if not catalyzing the violence that brought havoc to that market? No. He showed the same integrity that he showed when he joined the Keating Five in the biggest campaign finance scandal of the 80's; i.e. none.

LIYankees
02-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Sorry peeps, but John McCain is the only one on that list with integrity, and the background to be "Commander in Chief" of this nations military.

Not to mention he is then only candidate to stick to his convictions since the pre 9-11 years. People like to write him off as a war monger, but he clearly expressed his doubts about entering Iraq before it happened (something hillary did NOT do although she claims otherwise). After America already entered the war, he had to change up plans due to different circumstances, and realizes that you cant just pull out of the war now. Anyone who believes any different is either naive or blinded by hope.

I understand Romney would not be a popular choice on these boards, but he was most likely the best option for turning the economy around. Ron Paul is a great candidate in these regards as well, I absolutely agree with this policies on the Fed. I dont necessarily agree that that Fed needs to be completely changed, considering that it was worked well in the past. The European Union has modeled its banking system around ours because it works. However, we definately need a new head.

I believe the economy is the most important problem we need to fix, even over the war. I understand that you will come in with arguments saying that we need to pull out and people are losing lives, not to mention the tremendous costs of the war, but the quicker we pull the economy around the quicker we can get out of debt. We are constantly borrowing from China at an incredibly high interest rate. Inflation is at an all time high, and when it comes time to paying them back, the real value of money we will have to pay them will greatly outweigh the nominal value that we borrowed currently.

The major problem with fixing the economy at this time, is that a large part revolves around lowering taxes which would increase the velocity of money as well as GDP. With the war now and its excessive costs, I don't see how we can depend on borrowing more money for the war; I don't think we can afford to lower taxes unfortunately.

At this point I like McCain and hate Clinton, who is the most dishonest candidate, as long as the biggest flip flopper.

ALSO: May I suggest people backing up their views instead of just voting? I think this does two things. One is that it shows that people actually know why they're voting for a candidate and not just blindly following a majority or a popular name. Also, it can generate a decent discussion and we can all come out learning something.

CORVETTEDUDE
02-07-2008, 11:52 PM
John McCain has integrity! That's a laugh. Just last summer he visited a market in Baghdad wearing a Kevlar vest and surrounded by security. He then lied directly into the cameras telling the world how safe it was there in Baghdad. He compared it to a outdoor farmer's market in the Midwest! All the while security was checking out everything that moved. The very next day the market was hit by terrorists and about a dozen Iraqi civilians died needlessly and more were painfully maimed. Why? Because John McCain had a fleeting political need to falsely advertise how well the war going in Iraq. Of course his actions only served to focus the violence of the insurgents on the very market he chose as his political backdrop. Did he later admit he was wrong about the safety of Baghdad market places? Did he later apologize for focusing if not catalyzing the violence that brought havoc to that market? No. He showed the same integrity that he showed when he joined the Keating Five in the biggest campaign finance scandal of the 80's; i.e. none.

trish...because of his stature, security measures such as those are going to be taken, even if he's in your house. Get a grip!

OEMEnemyNum1
02-08-2008, 12:00 AM
The McCain supporters are the most vocal here.

Seems to be that the people best suited to be president, don't want to be. lol

Quinn
02-08-2008, 12:28 AM
If it's Clinton vs. McCain, I'll take McCain (ABB Hillary). If it's Obama vs. McCain, I'll more than likely choose Obama.

-Quinn

trish
02-08-2008, 01:28 AM
trish...because of his stature, security measures such as those are going to be taken, even if he's in your house. Get a grip!

oh so it's your contention that the market was perfectly safe... as safe as my own living room... and McCain's little show didn't endanger anyone, in spite of the fact that people died?

dbev
02-08-2008, 01:31 AM
As far as I understand the situation, the only real new face is Obama.

Hillary could be seen a novelty, but she has that surname that tells people that, if she win, there could be 24 years of only two families guiding the US. Otherwise, a woman as a president is a good choice.

Edwards was the only candidate who didn't accept funding from the lobbies... and we know how he ended.

Republicans (conservatises) are not up to the task of understanding the modern world nor to shape a world where everybody is welcome and can live, and it's the same all over the world.

OEMEnemyNum1
02-08-2008, 01:34 AM
All I can say is Check My Sig....... I don't think it matters either way at this point. No ones gonna save the world.

CORVETTEDUDE
02-08-2008, 01:38 AM

oh so it's your contention that the market was perfectly safe... as safe as my own living room... and McCain's little show didn't endanger anyone, in spite of the fact that people died?

Well, trish, that is not at all, what I was implying. However, if you so literally take the media slant, maybe you should get your butt over there and find out for yourself. I have 2 nephews there and a step daughter heading over. I myself served 2 tours in Nam, the raid on Tehran, Granada, Panama, Desert Shield and numerous operations I can't divluge. I know a leader when I see one.

What is your background, if I may ask?

ed_jaxon
02-08-2008, 01:38 AM
Hillary could be seen a novelty, but she has that surname that tells people that, if she win, there could be 24 years of only two families guiding the US. Otherwise, a woman as a president is a good choice.

I am for Obama for selfish reasons as he is out of my hood but even if he wins, the last 24 years will have been governed by Ivy League leadership.

Just something to chew on.

trish
02-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Well, trish, that is not at all, what I was implying. However, if you so literally take the media slant, maybe you should get your butt over there and find out for yourself. I have 2 nephews there and a step daughter heading over. I myself served 2 tours in Nam, the raid on Tehran, Granada, Panama, Desert Shield and numerous operations I can't divluge. I know a leader when I see one.

there's not a single refutation or rebuttal of any of my points in that post. whether you got family there or friends (and i have both) is irrelevant to question "was McCain just putting on a lying show?"

so we should take your word for it that you can recognize a leader. maybe so. but where is he going to lead us is the more important question. history is replete with leaders who took their nations and empires down the drain.

saifan
02-08-2008, 01:57 AM
I went with Ron Paul who won't even be able to be a spoiler in this election. Unimpressed with just about everyone else Paul at least seems to have ideas about where we are going wrong, and where we have lost sight of what our founding fathers planned for this country.

CORVETTEDUDE
02-08-2008, 01:57 AM

there's not a single refutation or rebuttal of any of my points in that post. whether you got family there or friends (and i have both) is irrelevant to question "was McCain just putting on a lying show?"

so we should take your word for it that you can recognize a leader. maybe so. but where is he going to lead us is the more important question. history is replete with leaders who took their nations and empires down the drain.

And, I take it, you think the "Savior" of the American way, is in the group, save McCain? I didn't say he was perfect Trish, merely the most qualified. If you're looking for the one that's never told a lie...your search is far from over.

trish
02-08-2008, 02:04 AM
you said he was the only one with integrity. a comment that i couldn't leave unchallenged. are you saying now that one can lie and keep their integrity?

beany06795
02-08-2008, 02:24 AM
For Unity and hope - Obama
For Competency- Clinton
For Integrity - McCain

Perosnally, I'd if I had the vote. I'd go for Obama. The US more than ever needs a moral leader, an Abraham Lincoln or a FDR figure who can restore trust in the presidency. Failing, that McCain is someone who would think twice before committing your boys to a conflict based on false pretences. Clinton will do and say almost anything to get elected.

CORVETTEDUDE
02-08-2008, 02:27 AM
you said he was the only one with integrity. a comment that i couldn't leave unchallenged. are you saying now that one can lie and keep their integrity?

I'm saying everyone has lied, at one level or another. That includes you and I. I don't believe in lies of varying shades of gray, but I also don't believe an indiviuals integrity and esprit de corps isn't defined by whether or not they have lied. Rather, the gravity and extint they may have done so, as well as other factors. I have every respect for you and believe you to have the utmost integrity, for I have no reason to question it, as I hope you do me.

You, obviously, must be guided by your particular set of principles, way your options and, make your best decision, given the information you have available to you. I am not attempting to sway your opinion, nor affect your decision. Consider all the information available, and not just what is available from the media. Feeling as strongly as you do about the statement McCain made, I suggest you question his motives by addressing him directly. Although the answer may not be directly from him, you will get an answer, and based on that response, then form you opinion. I know the man personally, and proudly say so.

thx1138
02-08-2008, 02:57 AM
With the ship of state foundering like the Titanic will a Paul (or possibly an Obama) be able to reverse the immense damage caused by the houses of Bush and Clinton? My guess is : "NO" The power brokers that profit from continual warfare are too firmly entrnched. The country is bankrupt. The powerful and a large part of the electorate are morally bereft. All we wait for now is the final dissolution of the US. It will be very painful for all involved.

Realgirls4me
02-08-2008, 03:17 AM
Given the state of this country, particularly its gloomy future, how can anyone -- ANYONE -- sans the rabid far-right, who wouldn't switch their political positions and ideology even if Bill Clinton demonstrated to them in person that he could indeed walk on water, even consider voting Republican? Have you been asleep these past eight years? Jesus. Did you miss the moron-in-charge invade a country that had did nothing to us all the while damaging our credibility and reputation worldwide, adding to this country's debt, and killing tens of thousands of people (right to life?)? Did you read the moron's budget proposal? Do you expect this country to improve under another Republican? Really? Reagan gave us our present debt and this moron added to it and some of you want to continue the insanity? ... I don't know where to begin? Sheesh.

If I were a Republican I'd hide my head in shame at this juncture in history.

CORVETTEDUDE
02-08-2008, 03:17 AM
With the ship of state foundering like the Titanic will a Paul (or possibly an Obama) be able to reverse the immense damage caused by the houses of Bush and Clinton? My guess is : "NO" The power brokers that profit from continual warfare are too firmly entrnched. The country is bankrupt. The powerful and a large part of the electorate are morally bereft. All we wait for now is the final dissolution of the US. It will be very painful for all involved.

You may not be as far off as you may think, unless 'Ship's Company' revolts, in the near future!

thx1138
02-08-2008, 03:43 AM
"A billion$, a billion$ there, after a while you're talking real money." turn on speakers: http://www.gotomyvideo.com/Billions-V2/player.html

PatrickFromNYC
02-08-2008, 03:49 AM
You forgot to include Romney. Not my guy at all, but you left him out. IMO the GOP nomination fight is between Johnny Mc and Mitty.

What is the mood outside of the beltway here in DC?

Out of the reamining candidates who would you like to see win?

What is you spin on the race for the Presidency?

Romney dropped out today

DCGuy343
02-08-2008, 03:50 AM
We left him (Romney) out because he dropped out of the race today.

Realgirls4me
02-08-2008, 04:07 AM
They're all the same: Appeal to the many ignorant, paranoid citizens among us on the safety and security front while coddling defense contractors, allow their rich friends to get richer, run roughshod over the concerns of our world allies, charge it all on one giant credit card to be paid for by future generations, and obviously just keep this country heading directly down the toilet. The scary part is that the lesser of the right-wings -- the Democrats -- allow it, and that they don't even try to hide their greed, hubris, and incompetence anymore. ...Patriotism? What's that?

thx1138
02-08-2008, 04:16 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN0655798320080206 & http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=8021 articles like these convince me the end is very near.

El Nino
02-08-2008, 04:58 AM
Obama and his message of "Change" is a joke.

See: http://www.truthnews.us/?p=1887

Legend
02-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Obama and his message of "Change" is a joke.

See: http://www.truthnews.us/?p=1887

As oppose to any of your boy ron paul's messages,face it the easter bunny had a better chance at the white house then ron paul.

BTW they should change the url from truthnews to truthtoronpaulloonaticsnews.

"Paul came close to embarrassing McCain for second place, which Paul also won in the Louisiana and Nevada caucuses"

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chefmike
02-08-2008, 06:25 AM
I'll hold my nose (like I always do when voting) and push the button for the Democrat. Lesser of two evils.

Ditto.

chefmike
02-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Letterman is doing some hilarious material on Romney right now.

trish
02-08-2008, 07:38 AM

I'm saying everyone has lied, at one level or another. That includes you and I. I don't believe in lies of varying shades of gray, but I also don't believe an indiviuals integrity and esprit de corps isn't defined by whether or not they have lied. Rather, the gravity and extint they may have done so, as well as other factors. I have every respect for you and believe you to have the utmost integrity, for I have no reason to question it, as I hope you do me.

You, obviously, must be guided by your particular set of principles, way your options and, make your best decision, given the information you have available to you. I am not attempting to sway your opinion, nor affect your decision. Consider all the information available, and not just what is available from the media. Feeling as strongly as you do about the statement McCain made, I suggest you question his motives by addressing him directly. Although the answer may not be directly from him, you will get an answer, and based on that response, then form you opinion. I know the man personally, and proudly say so.

Sure I've lied at "one level or another" and I take your word for it that you have too. But I haven't lied on a level that got dozens of other people killed. Nor have I signed legislation that got American soldiers killed by the thousands, caused a civil war and got Iraqi civilians murdered by the tens of thousands and then with deliberate intent lied for my own political benefit about the success of the policies implemented by that legislation. There are lies and then there are lies. Maybe you can lie and keep your integrity. But McCain's lies just don't fall into that category.

chefmike
02-08-2008, 07:58 AM
CORVETTE, you know that I have a great deal of respect for you as a fellow vet and also a fellow sailor. Not to mention our mutual ties to the Old Dominion. I also have a great deal of respect for John McCain and his service and devotion to this country. But I gotta go with trish on this one, shipmate. McCain has really disappointed me in the last few years, although if he's elected I'll feel a lot more comfortable than I would have with Romney, and at the very least shrubya will finally be gone.

CORVETTEDUDE
02-08-2008, 08:42 AM
I respect everyones opinion...I have mine and, I'm stickin' with it. I'm not votin' for some twit that is just gonna yank everybody out of Iraq, leave it vulnerable to infiltration by any and all terrorist organization on the planet and, disrespect the ultimate sacrifice of those fine Soldiers, Sailors and Marines killed and wounded there, as well as Afghanistan.
That solution is not an option.

chefmike
02-08-2008, 08:44 AM
Go piss in your wig, you carny troll. This discussion is not for frivolous trainwrecks like yourself. So go peddle your skank ass or something...

OEMEnemyNum1
02-08-2008, 09:54 AM
This war is Iraq was a joke. I just wish people would come out and do what needs to be done...... Make Iraq the 51st State, and take all the oil. There I said it.

I think Iraq could be the worlds largest parking lot. If we just leveled it, it would be cheaper than invading.

CORVETTEDUDE
02-08-2008, 09:59 AM
This war is Iraq was a joke. I just wish people would come out and do what needs to be done...... Make Iraq the 51st State, and take all the oil. There I said it.

I think Iraq could be the worlds largest parking lot. If we just leveled it, it would be cheaper than invading.

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda. That's all very nice, but impractical, so think of something constructive.

Cuchulain
02-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Hillary Clinton? Definitely a lesser evil. I'll vote for her if she is the nominee.
Obama? I was an Edwards supporter, but Obama is my choice atm. although I like Hillary's health plan better.
Crazy John McCain? The wheels fell off the 'straight talk express' when he decided he would say anything to be President. Iraq for 100 years....Btw, he was the only senator to not show up for the economic stimulus package vote Wednesday and one vote decided it.
Huckelberry? He doesn't believe in evolution and thinks the planet is only 6000 years old. Need I say more?
Ron Paul? Nutjob...and still the best Republican in the race.

jimjamcan
02-08-2008, 11:21 AM
vote for none....have a civil war.....they are all the same the world over

thx1138
02-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Top Cop Says McCain Was Never Tortured
Former Vietnam vet with top secret clearance - Republican frontrunner is "a lying skunk"
Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Thursday, February 7th, 2008

A former Vietnam veteran with top secret clearance says he has personally spoken to numerous POW's who dispute John McCain's claim that he refused to provide information after he was captured and tortured in Hanoi, saying that in fact McCain's code-name was "Songbird" because of his willingness to tell all to avoid torture.

Jack McLamb served nine years in secret operations in Cambodia and other nations before going on to become one of the most highly decorated police officer's in Phoenix history, winning police officer of the year twice before taking a role as a hostage negotiator for the FBI.

"I know a lot of Vietnam veterans and a few POW's and all the POW's that I've talked to over the years say that John McCain is a lying skunk," McLamb told the Alex Jones Show.

"He never was tortured - they were there in the camp with him and then when he came in....he immediately started spilling his guts about everything because he didn't want to get tortured," said McLamb, contradicting the official story that McCain only offered his name, rank, serial number, and date of birth.

"The Vietnamese Communists called him the Songbird, that's his code name, Songbird McCain, because he just came into the camp singing and telling them everything they wanted to know," said McLamb.

McLamb said the POW's told him that McCain had sustained two broken arms and a leg injury from not pulling his arms in when he bailed out of his A-4 Skyhawk that was shot down over the Truc Bach Lake in Hanoi.

The POW's said that McCain made 32 propaganda videos for the communist North Vietnamese in which he denounced America for what they were doing in Vietnam.

"They have these sealed now, our government has these sealed, we can't get to it, they have it classified," said McLamb, adding that in truth "the POW's hate John McCain."

It is commonly accepted that McCain was treated better than other POW's and afforded medical care immediately after the North Vietnamese discovered that his father was a top admiral.

Several Vietnam veterans groups do solely exist to expose McCain's abandonment of veteran's interests as well as his lies about being tortured, including Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain and U.S. Veteran Dispatch.

Doubts over McCain's alleged war hero status and his support to curtail efforts to look for missing POW's contributed to torpedoing his presidential campaign in 2000 and those same questions will undoubtedly surface again should the Senator win the Republican nomination.

DJ_Asia
02-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Obama? I was an Edwards supporter, but Obama is my choice atm. although I like Hillary's health plan better.

If any American actually believes there will be a viable universal health plan anytime in the next 4-8 years is sadly fooling themselves.

The country is so far in debt that there is ZERO chance that all these hollow campaign promises of a health plan will ever add up to anything more than just what they are...bullshit lies to sucker your vote.

guyone
02-08-2008, 08:04 PM
DRAFT DICK CHANEY FOR PRESIDENT!!!

The only real choice!

chefmike
02-08-2008, 10:42 PM
I believe it's spelled Cheney, gump...and surely you must be aware that the dick received six draft deferments...so good luck drafting that chickenhawk piece of shit for anything.

I just hope that his next heart attack does the trick for the dick....

DCGuy343
02-09-2008, 05:24 AM
Definitely looks like a three person race from here.

volta
02-09-2008, 08:10 AM
remove

hippifried
02-09-2008, 11:24 AM
What cracks me up is that it's usually the republicans that complain about the Supreme Court, but the majority of the court has been republican appointees for the last 50 years or so.

trish
02-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Consider the billions of dollars we pour into Iraq. Consider the loss of American lives. Consider the diminution of our military even here at home where the National Guard can no longer adequately respond to disasters. Consider our plummeting reputation and influence and around the world. By invading Iraq without provocation or reason and remaining there (on the excuse that we’re spreading democracy) we have and are causing ourselves more damage than any al Qaeda fanatic could’ve dreamed of causing. It’s impossible to get out too soon. It’s time to relearn the lesson that democracy is not peanut-butter and it can’t be spread over the world with a butter-knife.

El Nino
02-11-2008, 01:35 AM
New World Order Quotations

A collection of quotations from elite figures, media heads, government officials, persons from history, authors and more on the subject of the move toward a new world order under a one world government and a reduced human population.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is not my intention to doubt that the doctrine of the Illuminati and the principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more satisfied of this fact than I am.
George Washington

"Today the path of total dictatorship in the United States can be laid by strictly legal means, unseen and unheard by the Congress, the President, or the people. Outwardly we have a Constitutional government. We have operating within our government and political system, another body representing another form of government - a bureaucratic elite."
Senator William Jenner, 1954

"The Trilateral Commission is intended to be the vehicle for multinational consolidation of the commercial and banking interests by seizing control of the political government of the United States. The Trilateral Commission represents a skillful, coordinated effort to seize control and consolidate the four centers of power political, monetary, intellectual and ecclesiastical. What the Trilateral Commission intends is to create a worldwide economic power superior to the political governments of the nationstates involved. As managers and creators of the system, they will rule the future."
U.S. Senator Barry Goldwater in his l964 book: With No Apologies.

"The case for government by elites is irrefutable."
Senator William Fulbright, Former chairman of the US Senate Foreign
Relations Committee, stated at a 1963 symposium entitled: The Elite and the Electorate - Is Government by the People Possible?

"The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the larger centers has owned the Government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson."
A letter written by FDR to Colonel House, November 21st, l933

"The depression was the calculated 'shearing' of the public by the World Money powers, triggered by the planned sudden shortage of supply of call money in the New York money market....The One World Government leaders and their ever close bankers have now acquired full control of the money and credit machinery of the U.S. via the creation of the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank."
Curtis Dall, FDR's son-in-law as quoted in his book, My Exploited Father-in-Law

"The United States must stay involved in the world and we must lead. Today there is a strange coalition at work in Washington and across the country consisting of people on the political right and the political left coming together to keep us from staying involved. Big labor and liberal Democrats are joining some Republicans on the right in calling for America to come home, (saying) we have done our part and that it's time for others to do the heavy lifting on international leadership. And we must not listen to that siren's call of protection and isolation. "
Former President George Bush
Addressing Duke University Graduates May 17, 1998
USA Today May 29, 1998

"Rarely have Americans lived through so much change, in so many ways, in so short a time. Quietly, but with gathering force, the ground has shifted beneath our feet as we have moved into an Information Age, a global economy, a truly new world."
President William Clinton State of the Union Address 1998

"...all of us here at the policy-making level have had experience with directives...from the White House.... The substance of them is that we shall use our grant-making power so as to alter our life in the United States that we can be comfortably merged with the Soviet Union."
H. Rowan Gaither, Jr., President - Ford Foundation (as told to Norman Dodd, Congressional Reese Commission 1954)

"The New Deal is plainly an attempt to achieve a working socialism and avert a social collapse in America; it is extraordinarily parallel to the successive 'policies' and 'Plans' of the Russian experiment. Americans shirk the word 'socialism', but what else can one call it?"
H.G. Wells The New World Order 1939

"Our job is to give people not what they want, but what we decide they ought to have."
Richard Salent, former president, CBS News

"Ultimately, our objective is to welcome the Soviet Union back into the world order. Perhaps the world order of the future will truly be a family of nations."
President George Bush Texas A&M University 1989

"We will succeed in the Gulf. And when we do, the world community will have sent an enduring warning to any dictator or despot, present or future, who contemplates outlaw aggression. The world can therefore seize this opportunity to fufill the long-held promise of a new world order - where brutality will go unrewarded, and aggression will meet collective resistance."
President George Bush State of the Union Address 1991

"Under Socialism you would not be allowed to be poor. You would be forcibly fed, clothed, lodged, taught, and employed whether you liked it or not. If it were discovered that you had not the character and industry enough to be worth all this trouble, you might possibly be executed in a kindly manner. . . ." [This is compassionate liberalism.]
Fabian Socialist Bernard Shaw in his Intelligent Woman's Guide to Socialism and Capitalism, 1928.

"Since March 9, 1933, the United states has been in a state of national emergency. A majority of the people of the United States have their lives under emergency rule. For 40 years (now 72 years) freedoms and governmental procedures, guaranteed by the Constitution have, in varying degrees, been abridged by laws brought forth by states of national emergency."
Senate Report 93-549 (1973).

"Even though it is quite true that any radical eugenic policy will be for many years politically and psychologically impossible, it will be important for UNESCO to see that the eugenic problem is examined with the greatest care, and that the public mind is informed of the issues at stake so that much that now is unthinkable may at least become thinkable."
Sir Julian Huxley, first Director General of UNESCO, 1946-1948.

"The most merciful thing that the large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it."
Margaret Sanger, outspoken atheist and socialist, founder of the Voluntary Parenthood League in 1914, and responsible for opening the first birth control clinic in the United States in New York City.

"We live in a dirty and dangerous world. There are some things the general public does not need to know and shouldn't. I believe democracy flourishes when the government can take legitimate steps to keep its secrets, and when the press can decide whether to print what it knows."
Katherine Graham, Washington Post publisher and CFR member.

qeuqheeg222
02-12-2008, 09:14 AM
yeah dj asia i think healthcare needs to be fixed but can anyone do it -hell no the medical industry aint about to go out like that.....

flabbybody
02-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Isn't Hillary's stance that we have to wait until March (Texas and Ohio) for her next victories starting to sound like Rudy's desperate rant about Florida when his candidacy was sinking into oblivion during the early primaries?

If Barack is ahead in pledged delegates when all the primaries are done, I don't see how these so-called "superdelegates" will overturn the decision of the real voters. Especially if the polls continue to show Barack is stronger head to head vs McCain in the general. If Barack is denied, Hillary and Bill will look like they stole the nomination with some backroom trickery.

El Nino
02-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Google, "Clinton Chronicles".

You will never EVER look at the Clinton's the same, ever again... I am not bullshitting here.

trish
02-12-2008, 11:46 PM
On the other hand, I may never EVER again underestimate your capacity for credulity.

hippifried
02-13-2008, 12:07 AM
Butt it's all true! Just ask Alex Jones.

TSCURIOUS
02-13-2008, 01:18 AM
Hillary as President? - Think about it - she's not getting any and has BUTTON in front of her.

qeuqheeg222
02-13-2008, 10:31 AM
yeah this superdelgate thing kinda smells like scalia handing the election to bush vs gore....all about the bluebloods preservin the oligarchy....bushclintonclintonbushbushclinton?for 24 or so years?? somebody please cook the rich so i can have a plate?

SkyTwo
02-23-2008, 09:18 AM

Your head just turned into a giant sucker.

q1a2z3
02-24-2008, 08:44 AM
What a revolting development!

McCain wants to keep the Haliburton meal deal going. Hey McCain, what's wrong with nuking the enemy and getting the "war" over? It's not really a war it's like having a hornets nest in my backyard. You don't go to war with hornets, you simply spray them and exterminate them.

Hey McCain, McCain-Finegold is an attack on the first amendment. You even filed a brief against a pro-life group to keep them from being able to campaign against the pro-death (aka pro-abortion) morons. So much for being pro-life. You are only pro-McCain.

Hey McCain the people will build a fence to keep illegals out of our America. You are on the wrong side of history and fence - move to Mexico dude!

Hey McCain, the government should not spend tax money on stem cell research. Private companies can do this just fine by themselves.

Hey McCain, you will appoint judges to the supreme court who will side with McCain-Finegold, which is the same kind of judge who will side with Ruth (Buzy) Ginsburg. Conservatives get nothing from you being elected. You are a liberal.

Hillary and Obama are cut from the same cloth - communism.

Huckabee is another evangelical idiot like Bush. We don't need illegals in America. We need to turn off the entitlement programs in America. If America was like it was in 1930 then a lot of people who get a check from the government would either get a job or die. Social programs are nothing but pyramid schemes.
The only thing Huckabee has going for him is his anti-gay position. He understands the difference between a lifestyle and a hobby. But being an evangelical do-gooder he lacks the guts to take the necessary steps to stop the gay mafia.

Ron Paul is on the right side of God, guns and gays. He would end foreign aid period! No more American money going to foreigners who are jealous of America and no more American money being funneled into the hands of muslem scum. No more American money fighting AIDS in Africa. American needs to let the death rate in the rest of the world over take their birth rate thus helping to solve the hate America problem.

Yes, it does look like four years of Obama. The good thing is the Republican party will hopefully learn a good lesson (as in Ned Beatty in Deliverance) and no longer try to keep conservatives on the "plantation" like the Democrats have done with blacks for years. Hillary may steal the nomination at the convention, which will lead to riots just like 1968.

trish
02-24-2008, 09:06 PM
McCain wants to keep the Haliburton meal deal going.

Don’t be an idiot, that’s what the war in Iraq was all about. We invaded a secular nation that was anti-taliban and anti-al-Qaeda at Haliburton’s bidding. It was all about transferring money from government coffers to Haliburton. Of course we’re not going to nuke the future Haliburtonstan.

You even filed a brief against a pro-life group

Please don’t tell me Mr. Nukem is pro-life!!!

…move to Mexico dude

Good idea, q1a2z3, do it.

Ron Paul is on the right side of God, guns and gays.

If you haven’t heard the GOOD NEWS, God made a NEW COVENANT. GAYS ARE IN, GUNS ARE OUT. It’s call the NEW TESTEMENT.

no more American money being funneled into the hands of muslem scum.

Oh. If you haven’t heard, God made an even newer covenant. It’s called the QUR’AN. If you haven’t converted, there’s no room in heaven for you.

No more American money fighting AIDS in Africa.

If you do that, you might also want to quarantine all future flights and trade with Africa. Gotta keep those new mutations of the virus out of American soil you know…even if it would conflict with the freedom to travel that American’s currently enjoy.

American needs to let the death rate in the rest of the world over take their birth rate thus helping to solve the hate America problem.

Or Americans like you could just stop being so hateful.

q1a2z3
02-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Bush was stupid for invading Iraq. This is obvious. He should have nuked saudi arabia , mecca and afghanistan.

The QUR’AN is the book of a false prophet and a false god. islam is a cult. allah is the moon god of the bedouin tribes.

Christ came to fulfill the law not to destroy it so the sodomites are still back at square one.

Turning off the AIDS money does not mean Americans can't travel to other countries - but they might want to keep tabs on where their offices are and possibly what's in them.

Hateful? I'm tired of these nut job fringe groups who are screwing up my country with their hate. They hate the unborn, they hate Christians, they hate marriage - defined by God, they hate the fact they are not normal and want everyone else to be as screwed up as they are. They barge into churches and parade around like they are on drugs in the middle of a service - that's a good example of hate. They hate God being taught in the classroom. They hate "mom" and "dad" being used in school because their poor adopted children have a picture of two moms or two dads and turkey baster on the mantel. This hate on the part of the fringe for the majority will most likely lead to the next civil war.

El Nino
02-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Investigate 911

LoadedRevolver66
02-24-2008, 11:15 PM
Christ came to fulfill the law not to destroy it so the sodomites are still back at square one.

Hateful? I'm tired of these nut job fringe groups who are screwing up my country with their hate. They hate the unborn, they hate Christians, they hate marriage - defined by God, they hate the fact they are not normal and want everyone else to be as screwed up as they are. They barge into churches and parade around like they are on drugs in the middle of a service - that's a good example of hate. They hate God being taught in the classroom. They hate "mom" and "dad" being used in school because their poor adopted children have a picture of two moms or two dads and turkey baster on the mantel. This hate on the part of the fringe for the majority will most likely lead to the next civil war.

And you realize that most Christians consider sex with a t-girl to be gay sex, ri-i-ight?

Face it, you're a closet case with a fetish, and you probably hate yourself. Have a nice day, moron!

trish
02-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Hateful?

Yes, this

Bush...should have nuked saudi arabia , mecca and afghanistan.

among other things, is hateful.

QUR’AN is the book of a false prophet and a false god.

and how would you know? Are you one of those nuts with a direct line to almighty? You just know somehow? It's in the Bible? But it's also in the Qur'an? You better watch out. What makes you think you can speak for God? You're gonna wind up in Hell you pathetic little winkie whacker. The very fact that you're so stupid, malicious and morally deficient is a good indication God hasn't been speaking to you lately.

I'm tired of these nut job fringe groups who are screwing up my country with their hate.

Finally we agree on something. I'm fucking tired of Neo-cons and fundamentalist christians perverting the democratic enlightenment ideals upon which this country is founded and without which it will flounder.

chefmike
02-25-2008, 12:00 AM
This hate on the part of the fringe for the majority will most likely lead to the next civil war.
Sounds like wishful thinking on your part, pilgrim. I'd be willing to bet that 'The Turner Diaries' is a favorite book of yours.

chefmike
02-25-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm fucking tired of Neo-cons and fundamentalist christians perverting the democratic enlightenment ideals upon which this country is founded and without which it will flounder.

You and me both.

Actually you and me and a lot of other citizens who are going to make sure that we don't have another repug prez for a good long time!

hippifried
02-26-2008, 10:15 AM
Are you one of those nuts with a direct line to almighty?
Anyone can get to the direct line. Just dial ecum spiri two two oh.

thx1138
02-27-2008, 03:17 PM
LOL

DCGuy343
05-16-2008, 11:50 PM
Looks like McCain has no chance.... :?:

JelenaCD
05-17-2008, 05:57 AM
i have to go old war man McCain , he is not that great just like Bush before him yet better then any dem ,

trish
05-17-2008, 04:09 PM
i have to go old war man McCain , he is not that great just like Bush before him yet better then any dem ,

wow!! great argument. i never thought of that before. i'm thoroughly convinced. convinced republicans still don't know how to think past their gut feelings. After umpteen stumbles McCain still doesn't know the difference between Shia and Sunni. He wants to continue the Bush policy in Iraq which is bleeding us dry (figuratively and literally).