PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding ingrown hairs in the nether regions

tsmandy
02-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Ok pro's, sluts, and primp masters....Advice sought.

When shaving the intimate regions, or removing hair: What tricks have you learned to avoid those painful ingrown hairs? Special razors? Special soap?

Come on, help me out folks.

xoxo
Mandy

youcancallmeclaire
02-08-2008, 12:07 AM
I have a really pale complexion like you.
I stopped getting them when I switched to those razors with the wire guards over them. Like... I think the ones I have are Shick Quattro for Women?

They're way more expensive than most disposables, and don't last too long, but no more ingrown hairs or red spots or whatever.

*shrug* It worked for me.

MrsKellyPierce
02-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Mandy do you first soak in the bathtub in hotwater for at least 20 to 30 minutes? To soften the hairs up. I use an exfoliant then I take shaving cream and shave in the direction of the hair.

I then soak another 10 minutes, then immediately put on Pink body lotion from VS allowing that to soak in. Then I dry off with a towel.

I also use what she uses ^^^^^

Tomfurbs
02-08-2008, 12:12 AM
MY ex sweared by Babyliss :

MichelleRose
02-08-2008, 12:46 AM
Well, I wax. It lasts longer and after a while, the hairs start growing back finer and finer. I'm at the point now where I shave my legs about once every other week and it's just for touch up around the tight corners, so to speak. Other areas: hmm, aloe vera gel or oil works really well, IMHO. Walgreens and Rite Aid carry the gel. But if you've got a really nasty ingrown hair or three, the only way to get 'em is dig 'em out with tweezers. Ouch. It really depends on the razor and gel/cream you're using. I had the same problem on my tummy until I started waxing.
Michelle Rose

tsmandy
02-08-2008, 01:09 AM
Mandy do you first soak in the bathtub in hotwater for at least 20 to 30 minutes? To soften the hairs up. I use an exfoliant then I take shaving cream and shave in the direction of the hair.

I then soak another 10 minutes, then immediately put on Pink body lotion from VS allowing that to soak in. Then I dry off with a towel.

I also use what she uses ^^^^^

I do use an exfoliant, but I don't generally soak in the tub more than 5 minutes without getting dizzy, so I tend to shave while showering, I will give that a shot.

tsmandy
02-08-2008, 01:11 AM
Well, I wax. It lasts longer and after a while, the hairs start growing back finer and finer. I'm at the point now where I shave my legs about once every other week and it's just for touch up around the tight corners, so to speak. Other areas: hmm, aloe vera gel or oil works really well, IMHO. Walgreens and Rite Aid carry the gel. But if you've got a really nasty ingrown hair or three, the only way to get 'em is dig 'em out with tweezers. Ouch. It really depends on the razor and gel/cream you're using. I had the same problem on my tummy until I started waxing.
Michelle Rose

I'm a pain slut, its true. But not that much of a pain slut. I was plucking all my pube's for a while, but that just takes to much time.

tsmandy
02-08-2008, 01:13 AM
MY ex sweared by Babyliss :

I will have to check this out, a couple hookers in town used to swear by something similar, but I forgot what....Thanks

fittslover
02-08-2008, 02:50 AM
I have used a product called hibiclens after shaving. it is an antiseptic and antimicrobial. it is a general skin cleanser but also used by those participating in surgical procedures. it doesnt stink, feels like soap, and it does a pretty good job keeping bacteria away that can cause ingrown hairs.

justatransgirl
02-08-2008, 06:27 AM
When I used to shave, I just made sure to do it every day in the shower under running water. Maybe my skins thicker. Jessica has to be carefull. She oils down with baby oil first.

I had full body laser about 2-3 years ago. Best investment ever!

I have virtually no body or pubic hair. Just a little on my scrotum where my laser lady coudn't turn the machine up high enough.

Mandy - you like pain, you will LOVE laser. Think having a heavy rubber band stretched about two feet back and snapped on your genitals.

But it works, if you can find a reasonably priced place.

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

kukm4
02-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Video, girl says that conditioner works well.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/591702/girl_shaving_in_tub_tips_for_girls_and_guys/

youcancallmeclaire
02-08-2008, 03:45 PM
I had full body laser about 2-3 years ago. Best investment ever!

That sounds painfully expensive... how much did it cost you?

dbev
02-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Wax: 8 years so far, it causes much less trouble.

BuffyFan
02-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Use warm Petroleum jelly.
It works real well.It's a little messy cleaning up though.

NYTSJulie
02-10-2008, 11:09 PM
When I shave my "junk" I do it in the bath. I put some bubbles, bath salt and oil in the water. I use Oil of Olay soap (been using it for years) with a 3 blade razor. I have no razor burn.

Str8mlover4TS
02-16-2008, 05:09 PM
When I shave my "junk" I do it in the bath. I put some bubbles, bath salt and oil in the water. I use Oil of Olay soap (been using it for years) with a 3 blade razor. I have no razor burn.

I'd love to get in the bath with you Julie and shave you down. I have some special cream I can rub all over your sexy body when we're done. :D

kiss-kiss

Onvia
02-22-2008, 01:59 AM
Shaving seems to always leave unwanted nicks (especially tender on the jewels!), and Nair & others never seems to get all the hair.

I prefer epilators instead. The first few times it is a little painful because the hair root ball is large, but after that it's not bad at all. And the hairs grow in finer and are not prickly when they grow out.

I've tried the Braun Silk Epil, and it's good, but it becomes painful when you first use it since it grabs a lot of hair at once to pull out.

I absolutely love the Emjoi. It's a small, battery powered epilator that grabs only one or two hairs at a time.

Make sure that when you use it you go from an area of no hair to an area of hair to minimize the number of hairs it grabs at a time.