PDA

View Full Version : So How Did Y'all Mitigate Those HA Withdrawal Pangs ???

Realgirls4me
02-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Welcome back, everyone. It's good to see that NYCe and the striking hampsters employed at this site have finally reached a tentative agreement and that the strike here won't mirror the length of the writers strike going on currently in the TV industry ... that's the reason/rumor I was given for its hiatus, by the way. True, right?

Okay, so how -- HOW -- did you regulars in here assuage those pangs? Go to other sites? Take up gardening? Hang out at Userplane? Tune up all your battery operated toys? Lose yourself in some drug laden haze while frequently murmuring,"HungAngels, Hung Angels, Hung Angels ..." ? Get your taxes done?

What?

... I actually found out I had an extra room in this place. I used the time off from here to paint it. ;)

justatransgirl
02-07-2008, 10:40 AM
As I mentioned on the other thread, when the DT's got really bad and my fingers were shaking too hard to type I found Vicki's site and hung out there untill my "giggles" were banned.

And of course my alma mater - TER... :-)

So I'm back here in the land of free expression, where we are all free to make asses of ourselves if and or when we choose.

Edit - ooops, spoke too soon, suddenly a thread is missing... hummm. Maybe it's better to just save the typing effort...

Night, night kids.

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

Hara_Juku Tgirl
02-07-2008, 10:41 AM
I hung out at the Userplane chatroom just to have some communication with a few people from here. And we had al lot of fun. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

Realgirls4me
02-07-2008, 10:46 AM
JATG,

"Giggles" -- GIGGLES -- are a banned substance at certain sites? Surely you jest? :)

Hara,

You just take care of the dress and your health (flu), and I'll handle the catering, limo, deejay, hall rental, invites, etc. :)

Hara_Juku Tgirl
02-07-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm actually feeling better from the 4 day flu virus! Yay! I also went to my yoga class earlier and a late mass near USC.

When's the wedding? LOL ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

Realgirls4me
02-07-2008, 10:58 AM

~Kisses.

HTG

Well, dang, if you don't know? ;)

I'm glad to see you are better. Flus are the quintessential bitch. There's something going around here that is taking people down for the count. We had six sick calls the other day.

I heard a song a little while ago while driving home from a basketball game that reminded me of you. It sounded like New Order, but it wasn't.

:)

Hara_Juku Tgirl
02-07-2008, 11:02 AM

~Kisses.

HTG

Well, dang, if you don't know? ;)

I'm glad to see you are better. Flus are the quintessential bitch. There's something going around here that is taking people down for the count. We had six sick calls the other day.

I heard a song a little while ago while driving home from a basketball game that reminded me of you. It sounded like New Order, but it wasn't.

Could it wait til my rents come here in the summer?!? ROFL And what's your budget for my dress? :lol:

And what song was that?!? Hmm.. :?

~Kisses.

HTG

Realgirls4me
02-07-2008, 11:08 AM
LOL! Sorry, hun, but we're going to have to go lean on the dress. Most of the money is being allocated toward the the deejay and limo (We's got to look good on the dance floor and street, girl).

Let me see, if Youtube has that song.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
02-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Surely I can't wear drapes to a wedding?!? LOL We also gotta look FAB in the pictures for safekeeping! :lol:

~Kisses.

HTG

Realgirls4me
02-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Surely I can't wear drapes to a wedding?!? LOL We also gotta look FAB in the pictures for safekeeping! :lol:

~Kisses.

HTG

Sure you can, woman. I've been to weddings where the dress looks like a comforter straight out of a Days Inn. No one will know, and think of all the money we'll save? We'll photoshop the pictures,'kay? See, you really are getting one resourceful husband ... if not a cheap one. :)

Ack! I can't find that song, nor do I know the artist. Let me research some. Time to go out to my vehicle and get the CD.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
02-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Hell Noooooooo!!! The wedding is off. LOL :lol:

~Kisses.

HTG

Realgirls4me
02-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Hell Noooooooo!!! The wedding is off. LOL :lol:

~Kisses.

HTG

But

But

But

Are you really going to drop me over a comforter, er, I mean dress!? Just when you think you know someone?! Sheesh!

By the way, here is the song. I had the group and song all wrong so no wonder I could not find it. Definitely '80s. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Micc6sG60

Beautiful melody.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
02-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Well, I've never been married so If I will be I want a decent dress. I don't care if it's a small Vegas chapel wedding or if it's a civil wedding..the dress must be presentable for me at least so I could pose in it! LOL

Oh and I like that song..where the heck do you find these? English?

~Kisses.

HTG

Realgirls4me
02-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Well, I've never been married so If I will be I want a decent dress. I don't care if it's a small Vegas chapel wedding or if it's a civil wedding..the dress must be presentable for me at least so I could pose in it! LOL

Oh and I like that song..where the heck do you find these? English?

~Kisses.

HTG

Well, can't you play seamstress this once and make a dress ala Molly Ringwald in Pretty In Pink ??? I'll get hold of a comforter, er, I mean, fabric, for it, okay? Just think about how much more limo we'll get out of it? Photoshop will handle all the rest. ...Trust me, girl. :)

On the song, I knew New Order must have played some role in it, but I didn't realize who else was in it (Marr, Tennant,etc). As one commented on Youtube, this band was The Traveling Wilburys of its genre. Look at who comprised the band (I knew Tennant's voice sounded familiar). I heard this song on the radio the day my dad was buried a couple of years ago, and its hook is something I wish I could have said to my dad while he was alive. I think about him when I hear this song.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:09fyxqq5ldfe~T1

Wombat
02-07-2008, 02:48 PM
I went back to Abby Winters... :wink:

PS: Glad to see the site back. 8)

Willie Escalade
02-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Joined tgirltalk.

Continued to go to Bob's members' forum.

Redid my Myspace page(s).

Went to work.

I basically did other things. :roll:

youcancallmeclaire
02-08-2008, 12:12 AM
I actually answered some of the myspace messages that people have sent me. Haha.

I changed my page too. It looks wicked super rad now. :)

...and I discovered a couple other forums, but have yet to register with them. :?

Arc-Angel
02-08-2008, 12:15 AM
one word , REHAB!

Tomfurbs
02-08-2008, 12:15 AM
I had a wank.

All the forum drama had been keeping me from that activity, ironically.

tsmandy
02-08-2008, 01:05 AM
Well....

I created a blog (the looks of it is not so good, but it got me writing, which was fun)

Tried to learn the sheet music to Tom Wait's Beautiful Maladies on the piano. I'm at 25-30 out of 48 pieces, so not bad. Decided to relearn a couple Chopin and Beethoven pieces that I've not played since I was a teenager.

Yoga, tgirl talk, ran around in the snow, went to the movies, hung out with friends.

All in all, pretty productive time actually.

But I blame it less on HA being down and more on me quitting the reefer.

CORVETTEDUDE
02-08-2008, 01:15 AM
I was practicin' beatin' my head against the wall..... :banghead :banghead :banghead

Tomfurbs
02-08-2008, 01:16 AM
I was practicin' bettin' my head against the wall..... :banghead :banghead :banghead

what were the odds?

CORVETTEDUDE
02-08-2008, 01:28 AM
Point taken...fixed!