PDA

View Full Version : A Question From a Lonely Soldier

SUPPLY42
01-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey all you beautiful ladies over there in the land of the free. Just a quick question from a lonely soldier. How many of you have consideed becoming pen (or email) pal with a lonely soldier deployed a long way from home? I myself would welcome an occasional email from one of the lovely ladies on this site. I would love to post my pic, but, there are rules on my job and I don't want to get in trouble. Hard enough sneaking online time. Lets hear it from all of the nice ladies out there. :( :( :(

SUPPLY42
01-24-2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks Cheri. I just emailed ya.

tgirlzoe
01-25-2008, 06:58 AM
Two of my cousins are infantrymen. One got home from Iraq for the holidays, I didn't get to see him though. He was also in Afghanistan before that. It's truly scary, especially when they're on the front lines. My grandfathers were in World War II, one was in Korea, my uncle was in Vietnam.

I've not been in war, either as a soldier or as a civilian in a ravaged country. Still, I've seen broken bodies, broken minds and broken spirits of my family members. There is tragedy there on both sides.

So if you ever see people like me in anti-war marches, don't think of us only as ungrateful hippies ignorant of your sacrifices. Many have been there themselves or have had friends and family members in active duty.

I don't want to make this a political post. I just want to say that my heart goes out to you and you are free to message me any time.

God bless!
~ Zoe

SUPPLY42
01-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks Zoe. Wish most of the politicians and newspapers at home there spoke and thought as you do.