PDA

View Full Version : "I really like him alot"

BabyFirefly42481
01-24-2008, 08:49 AM
You know....We have been datein for 2 months and I really thought things were goin good. Sure we had a little tiff here and there but thats to be exspected. I really like him alot and I know he likes me too. His self esteam is jus very low. I don't know what to do. He brings up my past and doesn't trust me around any man. We see each other almost every day and always talk on the phone, but he feels when ever he is away from me I am wanting, thinking or planning to cheat on him. I live with 2 other girls and there are alot of guyz that hang out. I guess the issue here is that there is no trust. I'm not sure what this post is really for. Just venting and thinking. I told him I need three days to get my thoughts in order and have some space to think about our relationship. I have such strong feeling for him. I'm just not sure he is feeling it from me. Its true it is hard for me to show my emotions. I have been hurt so many times in the past and have set up walls to protect myself.Well I think I'm done for know with this post. Untill next time my Angels.

Kisses,
Jennifer Angela

yodajazz
02-15-2008, 01:12 AM
I am a person that likes to think the best about people. But the more I think about your situation, I believe that you are right to cool things out with your friend, Lack of trust is a very bad sign in a relationship. It often can signal worse behaviors down the road, like physical abuse. As you lead your life you are likely to meet a lot more people, especially if you obtain and measure of success. So it would be more difficult with jealously issues as you go about your life.

I think all relationships have control issues: how much say does the partner have over the other person’s behavior. But ultimately letting one’s partner live their life without a lot of control, shows that the other person is secure within themselves. The most secure people of all will think; “let them meet someone else. And run off with them. I’ll find somebody better.”

Best of luck to you in finding fulfillment.

BabyFirefly42481
02-16-2008, 07:48 AM
I am a person that likes to think the best about people. But the more I think about your situation, I believe that you are right to cool things out with your friend, Lack of trust is a very bad sign in a relationship. It often can signal worse behaviors down the road, like physical abuse. As you lead your life you are likely to meet a lot more people, especially if you obtain and measure of success. So it would be more difficult with jealously issues as you go about your life.

I think all relationships have control issues: how much say does the partner have over the other person’s behavior. But ultimately letting one’s partner live their life without a lot of control, shows that the other person is secure within themselves. The most secure people of all will think; “let them meet someone else. And run off with them. I’ll find somebody better.”

Best of luck to you in finding fulfillment.

Thanks for the insight but we worked out our problems for the most part....I told him how it is and he finaly sees things for what they really are...I think things will work out jus fine between us....relationships are all bout communication, trust and compromise.

yodajazz
02-17-2008, 01:26 AM
I'm glad that things are working out for you. Sometimes we all forget that people can learn and grow from their issues. You are right about about communication, trust and compromise.

I was going to say that it helps people if they can recognize and name thier own emotions, such as jealousy or even lust. They can better control them when they recoginze them for what they are.

The other thing is, that many people don't realize how important it can be to let your partner know that you trust them. In my case it helped to keep me faithful, because I wanted to live up to my parnter's expectations.