someone playing with a picture then publishing it
basically the same type of photo editing that gets done here on HA @ Otto

LMAO

ottorocket
01-24-2008, 02:44 AM
Actually the pic is authentic from Nasa's web archive

hondarobot
01-24-2008, 02:50 AM
It appears to be a two inch high Dr. Cornelius The Ape, demonstrating his pimp walk for the mars rover.

trish
01-24-2008, 02:55 AM
8)

ottorocket
01-24-2008, 02:59 AM
8)

Did you make that?? Lol...talent

trish
01-24-2008, 03:02 AM
:oops: twas i :oops:

ottorocket
01-24-2008, 03:03 AM
:oops: twas i :oops:

Did you have an etch a sketch as a kid?? hehe good humor trish

trish
01-24-2008, 03:06 AM
on boring rainy days i would work the knobs back and forth and make that tiny moving point clear the entire screen. otherwise i wasn't very good at it.

4star4
01-24-2008, 03:20 AM
8)

Trish, Is that "Meatloaf," on the right side of the picture? The one hit wonder that sang "I would do anything for love.....bla bla bla? I always wondered what happened to that guy! :lol:

SXFX
01-24-2008, 03:20 AM
meatloaf! I'm so there!

the_corner
01-24-2008, 04:23 AM
Maybe the global warming pushed poor Bigfoot to move elsewhere :lol:

trish
01-24-2008, 05:02 AM
8)

Trish, Is that "Meatloaf," on the right side of the picture? The one hit wonder that sang "I would do anything for love.....bla bla bla? I always wondered what happened to that guy! :lol:

actually, i believe he was murdered quite some time ago by a chainsaw wielding transvestite named Frankie Horror from the planet Transylvania.

Coroner
01-24-2008, 05:23 AM
:lol: @trish

I think trish read my mind.

Alien my ass.

thx1138
01-24-2008, 09:36 AM
Meatloaf played in a pro am golf tourment in Palm Springs 2 weeks ago. Seems to have lost a bit of weight unless he's some else named "meatloaf".

johnb
01-24-2008, 09:40 AM
does this have anything to do with Obama being a Muslim?

Trogdor
01-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Let's get back to UFO's & ET's before the thread goes to hell, mmmmkay?

FREEFALLL666
01-24-2008, 01:26 PM
:lol: @trish

I think trish read my mind.

Alien my ass.Tentacle Rape, or Anal Probing?

Balcanoid
01-24-2008, 01:30 PM
actually, i believe he was murdered quite some time ago by a chainsaw wielding transvestite named Frankie Horror from the planet Transylvania.

Transylvania is a region next door where I stand. So, where the hell is Earth then? :crazy

trish
01-24-2008, 04:51 PM
respectful of Trogdor's wishes, i'll address the serious side of my original post:

the details (no doubt known to NASA) are not given in the linked article.

1) in particular we have no idea of the scale of what we're seeing. the "strider" could be the size of the Sears Tower or the size of a leggo.

2) the human mind creates images and patterns in the chaos of strewn rock and rubble. we don't have (though i'm sure they're available through NASA if we knew more about the posted pic) the same view from different vantage points at different times of the Martian day. if the "strider" were in the same place and in the same position three hours later that would speak against it's being a Martian lifeform with locomotive abilities. often just a different perspective or different lighting can break the illusion of a pattern or thing that isn't really there.

Trogdor
01-25-2008, 12:54 AM
Well, I look at other sources than Nasa for 2 simple words.....Brookings Report.

I'll stick to the independent sources myself.

trish
01-25-2008, 03:52 AM
Hi Trogdor.

What I mean to imply in the above post is that the Mars Explorer must’ve taken many more pictures of that same scene as it rode past. Your link only posted that one. And it didn’t give us a specific source for that pic. If we knew exactly when and where that photo was taken we could just asked NASA for the whole batch. Seeing the same scene from different perspectives, at even slightly different times and lighting might easily settle the issue as to whether some dude is walking across the landscape in that frame.

By all means we should look at independent sources. But I see no reason to neglect or suspect the findings of NASA investigations as well.

The Brookings Institute, forty six years ago, suggested that were artifacts of extraterrestrial origin ever to be found on the moon or the other planets their existence might alter remarkably the tenants of scientific and also religious practices. The Brookings Institute did not suggest that such artifacts were already known to exist and it did not suggest the government cover up such discoveries were they to be found. The Brookings Report suggested that such discoveries might have a profound effect on science and on our religious understanding. A government’s reaction to such a suggestion might be to suppress such discoveries, if they are ever made. I tend to think suppression is a policy that’s difficult to practice. Here’s why:

1) There’s no effective mechanism in place for policing the findings of NASA.
2) There’s no motive for the actual researchers, their private or public institutions, or NASA to withhold scientific information from the public.
3) The paradigm of science (to which NASA and its associated researchers subscribe) is the free exchange and open testing of ideas and data.
4) There’s been no viable evidence that NASA has ever withheld or obfuscated scientific data. (Not to be confused with the obfuscation of safety investigations).

One has to realize that many small teams of nearly independent scientists work under NASA funding. For the purposes of argument, let say a team at Stanford discovers within the data of the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe a coded message from an extragalactic source. That team has no interest in keeping a lid on their discovery. Talk show appearances, academic prizes, fame and money are just one email message away. There’s no government policeman looking over them to enforce their silence. Stanford has no interest in keeping a lid on it. If Sanford can announce the discovery of the millennium, no threatened cutoff of government funding is going to stop them. NASA itself has no interest in keeping a lid on the discovery. Announcement of such a discovery would create so much public excitement the government wouldn’t dare cut NASA’s budget. Just the opposite, the government would have to put major money into the NASA for the investigation the discovery. If word leaks out from just one respectable source the discovery will be independently checked by every major institution in the world because the WMAP data is public. You can access it right now on the internet. It’s chocked full of information about the early universe and scientists around the world sift through it daily. This is the case with the data from all NASA projects (sometimes for a fee).

Ecstatic
01-25-2008, 04:04 AM
OK, I ran the photo through image enhancement and here's the result....

trish
01-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Actually his name was Dr. Frank N. Furter

i can't believe i got that wrong. it's obviously time for me to take in a midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

ottorocket
01-25-2008, 09:30 PM
OK, I ran the photo through image enhancement and here's the result....

THat actually would be a huge accomplishment for this administration...which is why i can't believe this photo...lol