PDA

View Full Version : Oversize Photos

justatransgirl
01-21-2008, 11:18 AM
People can we PLEASE resize the photos you post and your SIGNATURE photos so they aren't 3 feet wide.

It's wearing my wrist out pulling the screen back and forth to read threads. And I've got TWO 22" monitors...

Thanks.

Hugs,
TS Jamie :-)

TrueBeauty TS
01-21-2008, 11:43 AM
I know. Don't you hate that. .

muhmuh
01-21-2008, 05:33 PM
+1
and the mods should delete avatars that are too wide for 1024

T Oracle
01-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Even better, the mods could set on the software facility that automatically shrinks oversize avatars to fit. That way Dr. Girlfriend would resize without effort.

And the mods could turn on the sofware facility that automatically displays a cut down version of oversize pics. This has lots of benefits. Cuts out the need to scroll 2 ways to read posts as required. Cuts the bandwith. Gives those people who want only a smaller size photo precisely that, directly from the thread. And for those who want the big pic, the software allows users to click to download the full size pic if they choose. All with no need for every user to do anything, cos the software can do it all. The best of all worlds.

Another vote for scroll in one direction only.

justatransgirl
01-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Yes - it's the avatars mostly - I'd say if your avatar is 4-6" wide then it's too damm big...

Sheesh,

Legend
01-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Just get opera and all you have to do is right click the avatar and you don't have to see it any more.

http://www.opera.com/

justatransgirl
01-22-2008, 10:12 AM
wrists are hurting huh??? ;O)

Giggle - only my right one...

Actually - problem solved - I forgot I have adblocker - same thing - right click it and the oversize avatar goes away.

If anyone needs it - it's free on the Firefox add on download site.

FYI the two main culprits I discovered are Mimi's avatars and JWBL's chatroom banner.

And I don't see either of them changing anything anytime soon...

Giggle,

hwbs
01-22-2008, 10:21 AM
i just use adblock.....i found its the only alternative

Realgirls4me
01-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Why would you want to shrink them? A woman's facial pores can reveal so much, and tree trunk-like hair follicles can be so sexy.