PDA

View Full Version : Sedoparking... virus problem?

Larry_Toronto
01-19-2008, 03:18 AM
Sorry to interupt everyone's favourite discussions, but I am having a computer problem which I am hoping that someone else has already solved.

I am having difficulty accessing the Hungangels site. When I type www.hungangels.com into the Address I am taken to a site that LOOKS like hungangels has parked their domain there.

I WAS virused for a short while and have cleaned the virus off of my machine. However, this problem had arisen prior to that virus.

After doing some research online, I have determined that I can get to the main welcome page for hungangels.com if i use the IP address in the Address bar, rather than typing "www.hungangels.com". However, if I click on any link from their, I am redirected to the "fake" page.

Just a few minutes ago, I managed to get into the forums by clicking on a google-searched link that took me to an interior forum page. From here, some of the buttons/links take me to other internal pages, and some take me to the sedoparking fake page.

Interestingly, of all the websites I want to go to, only hungangels is giving me this problem.

From further google hunting and researching, it appears that somehow my request to go to the hungangels page is being redirected by a fake nameserver (though I might be wrong about that).

I have done various searches of my registry to see if I can find something in there that is giving me this problem, but no luck.

Thankfully, I found my way back in here so that I can post this message and ask - has anyone else had this problem, and solved it?

Thanks,
Larry_Toronto

Larry_Toronto
01-23-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm bumping this message up to the top again in case anyone who might be able to help has not seen it.

I will not bump it again, so as not to distract folks from the true reasons for this forum.

Unfortunately, if I do not get this problem solved, I will not be here,

Larry_Toronto

BeardedOne
01-23-2008, 05:02 PM
What browser are you using? I've found that accessing HA via AOL is near impossible. Firefox is best, but MSIE has better luck with some of the links.

Never encountered the parked page before, but I have been linked in since gawd was a pup, so it may be a result of some recent upgrades that I'm not aware of.

Hank147
01-23-2008, 05:37 PM
It sounds like you had you DNS redirected. Call your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and find out what the DNS IP address should be, and make sure your matches.

There is a great program called Spybot Search and Destroy that can purge your system of whatever is making the DNS redirect. Spybot S & D is free at www.safernetworking.org or filehippo.com

Avoid clicking just any spyware killer software as many are actually spyware themselves.

Good luck

sexxes
01-23-2008, 07:42 PM
I think you should check your hostfile. It's located in:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC
And it's called simply "HOSTS" (it might be a hidden and/or system file).

Open it with notepad and check whether there is a line containing hungangels.com and remove that line.

If you want to know more about the hostfile (you should know what you're doing when messing with it), check this website:
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hostsfaq.htm

Good luck !