PDA

View Full Version : Would You Eat/Buy a Cloned Cow Product

Legend
01-18-2008, 05:51 AM
Because the FDA has declared it ok to sale cloned animal product.

http://www.newsday.com/news/health/ny-hsclon0117,0,2289029.story

tgirlzoe
01-18-2008, 05:53 AM
No way.

Even if I ate cows, I would eat decent, local, organic cows, not industrial cloned ones.

urscapegoat
01-18-2008, 06:19 AM
Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die....Just kidding.

I might try it. Why not trust them. The Dept Ag can identify one cow w Mad Cow Disease among millions and millions of cows in the States but we have no clue where the millions of illegal immigrants and terrorists are located. Maybe we should put the Dept Ag in charge of Immigration and Homeland Security. :wink:

GroobySteven
01-18-2008, 06:37 AM
No problem as long as it was cloned from a good organic cow. It will be safer than most of the meat on the market.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
01-18-2008, 06:44 AM
I'm sure this craze will catch on in some 10 years time. By then, it be fucking COOL, HOT and IN to eat one! LOL ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

Trogdor
01-18-2008, 06:51 AM
*pictures cows in Mandalorian armor and carrying blaster rifles*

Legend
01-18-2008, 06:58 AM
No way.

Even if I ate cows, I would eat decent, local, organic cows, not industrial cloned ones.

From what it sounds like i don't think companies would have to put some type of clone label/warning on their product.So we would probably be eating it whether we want to or not but like you i chose to not eat that clone stuff.

Legend
01-18-2008, 07:00 AM
I'm sure this craze will catch on in some 10 years time. By then, it be fucking COOL, HOT and IN to eat one! LOL ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

LOL

tg4me
01-18-2008, 07:09 AM
Yes. But I would need some salt.

El Nino
01-18-2008, 07:29 AM
Cloned species exhibit Genetic instability at the molecular level. The DNA behaves differently in terms of replication, lifespan and integrity. This is not safe and will have repercussions that will be covered up, because the beef industry will make quick money off it and buy medical studies to their own favor. Americans are poorly educated though, they'll buy it and not think twice about what there putting inside of their bodies. Whopper please

Nowhere
01-18-2008, 07:36 AM
Sure, i've got no problem with it.

I can't wait until they can bypass the animal altogether, and are able to grow steaks in the lab, therefore not having to actually kill animals to feed the world...

Oli
01-18-2008, 07:49 AM
Because the fcc has declared it ok to sale cloned animal product.

Let's see if I've got this right...the Federal Communications Commission has passed judgment on the safety of cloned animal products? Those fuckers can't even figure out what 'Family Hour' is on TV, now they're jumping into this debate?

Seriously, no products will hit the shelves without a large sticker telling you the product came from a cloned source. And from what I understand, it is going to be milk first.

Quinn
01-18-2008, 07:55 AM

Let's see if I've got this right...the Federal Communications Commission has passed judgment on the safety of cloned animal products? Those fuckers can't even figure out what 'Family Hour' is on TV, now they're jumping into this debate?

Seriously, no products will hit the shelves without a large sticker telling you the product came from a cloned source. And from what I understand, it is going to be milk first.

I'm glad someone said something on that note. Legend, don't you mean the FDA, rather than the FCC?

-Quinn

EyeCumInPiece
01-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Im sure ive consumed worse on many occasion.

El Nino
01-18-2008, 07:59 AM
The "FCC" would probably do a better Job! LOL

trish
01-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Would you eat hamburger made from a cow which had a twin? How about a pumpkin pie made from a pumpkin that came from a vine to which other pumpkins were attached. There's absolutely nothing about cloning per se one needs to be worried about. What you have to worry about is why was the cow cloned. Some agricultural products have been genetically altered to produce their own insecticides. Cloning is procedure used to create and reproduce the seeds for these products. Some products have been altered so that they do not produce seeds forcing farmers to buy seeds every season instead of producing and planting their own. Cows are genetically altered to make their meat leaner.

Almost all livestock produced in America these days, whether cloned or not, is massed produced in cramped and unsanitary conditions. To keep the livestock alive, they are pumped with vast amounts of antibodies, steroids and other hormones. Not only are consumers exposed to these steroids, but the overuse of vaccines on livestock is creating dangerous resistent strains of tuberculosis, staph and other infectious agents.

chefmike
01-18-2008, 08:26 AM
I've cooked and eaten pretty much anything that walks, crawls, flies, or swims...I ain't scared.

Legend
01-18-2008, 08:28 AM

I'm glad someone said something on that note. Legend, don't you mean the FDA, rather than the FCC?

-Quinn

Yes that was a typo.

hippifried
01-18-2008, 09:01 AM
Direct genetic manipulation is just faster & maybe more accurate than breeding in the traits you want. I'm not all that worried about it really, but I would like to know more about why the clone was done. It's not like the cartoons where they take one critter & "poof", there's 2. But what the hell. I don't what's in a Jack taco either, but I eat the hell out of them.

Que sera' sera'. The food industry does all kinds of things that the general public knows nothing about. All i ask from the meat guys is that the butchers try to keep the fecal matter out of the meat, & don't mix any offal back into the feed.

Dino Velvet
01-18-2008, 09:14 AM
I'm worried my turds will have 2 heads.

Trogdor
01-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Never trusted what the FDA ever said to begin with. :P

sucka4chix
01-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Never trusted what the FDA ever said to begin with. :P
That's a good thing. They have their own agenda that's mostly about
money, just like everyone else. They don't do what they do to protect
the people, like they're supposed to.
Fuck no I wouldn't eat cloned animal meat IF I KNEW ABOUT IT! But the
government says it's ok to give me that shit w/o telling me, and that's
fucked up. At the very least I should be able to choose if I want to eat
that crap. Just like you should tell me you have neo-pussy, you should tell me you got neo-beef.

Mr_Choc69
01-19-2008, 12:51 AM
Sure Would!

TheOne1
01-19-2008, 12:56 AM
yes. id eat anything that goes against nature

marissaazts
01-19-2008, 03:18 AM
if it tastes good sure whynot

RevolveR.
01-19-2008, 03:30 PM
If it's a clone then it should taste exactly the same, so yeah I'd eat it. And more importantly, it's probably cheaper!