PDA

View Full Version : Ford Focus

Willie Escalade
01-18-2008, 03:39 AM
In America, we get the grey sedan, which is basically a radically reworked older model. In Europe, you folks get the all-new orange hatchback. It's decisions like this that shows why Ford is in trouble, and this is why I drive a Toyota. :x

Amped4TS
01-18-2008, 04:03 AM
So what rockin' Toyota do you drive since that F.O.R.D. isn't available? :roll:

Mr_Choc69
01-18-2008, 04:07 AM
Another Poor Choice By Ford.

TrueBeauty TS
01-18-2008, 04:08 AM
Hey Willie,

You going to get a Smart Car???

:D

CORVETTEDUDE
01-18-2008, 04:15 AM
Hey, Willie....Buy this gray car instead!!!

TrueBeauty TS
01-18-2008, 04:22 AM
Actually, I think I can see Willie pulling up in the Yukon parking lot getting all the chicks with THIS car!!!

:P

sucka4chix
01-18-2008, 04:47 AM
Ford has problems because they make shitty cars--- their expertise is
trucks! Ask 'em, they'll tell you that.

ottorocket
01-18-2008, 05:48 AM
THe big three design cars in America for the dumbest consumer. They treat every buyer here like we have 8th grade educations and we should just live with their shitty designs.

jamesb121
01-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Smart cars are superb, i used to have one back in the day, brilliant in town, easy to park and 60mpg. See in Paris and Rome you cant move for them. NYC will catch on eventually......

OEMEnemyNum1
01-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Price for price, it's hard to compete with the imports. I hate to say it, the imports can compete because of the unions. If we weren't paying every person in that factory an average of 28-30 dollars an hour plus full benefits, you could get a cheaper car. For the big 3 just think 2500 of that car is extra just for the union.

Gillian
01-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Unfortunately the world's moved on from leaf spring suspension ... ;)

Chicago Guy
01-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Unfortunately the world's moved on from leaf spring suspension ... ;)

The plain Z06 beat the Ferrari F430 and Porsche 911 Turbo around Nurembring. Maybe the world should go back to leaf spring suspension...

Willie Escalade
01-19-2008, 07:20 AM
So what rockin' Toyota do you drive since that F.O.R.D. isn't available? :roll:
I drive a Camry and a Corolla; the Camry is twelve years older than the Corolla. Both have been rock solid so far.

If I could afford that ZR1 (or a Corvette in general), there would have been one in my driveway yesterday.

As for the smart car, I'd actually roll one of those for the commute. When I go to clubs and other social events though, I'd roll my regular ride.

quad4
01-19-2008, 08:17 AM
I had a 2005 SVT Focus 5-door...the first and last year for the 5-door SVT because they disco'd the SVT after that model year. Mine was #486 out of 1200 or so production run. Fun car but I traded it in for a Nissan XTerra a little over a year later so I could have more room for gear when camping.

Followed some of the Focus sites while I owned one. Everyone was jonesing for the ST and bemoaning the fact that Ford would never bring it over.

Ford and GM need to wake up and bring some of their Euro market vehicles over here...they'd retake some market share. The Big-3 are too busy catering to the American appetite for bigger and bigger SUVs and trucks when they should be going down the road of better gas mileage and, gasp, smaller and smaller cars.

Ford tried this in the 80's with the Mercury Merkur XR4Ti which didn't do so well...it's time to try again.

wombat33
01-19-2008, 09:32 PM
In America, we get the grey sedan, which is basically a radically reworked older model. In Europe, you folks get the all-new orange hatchback. It's decisions like this that shows why Ford is in trouble, and this is why I drive a Toyota. :x

I think the grey is WAY nicer than the orange (yuk!)

Willie Escalade
01-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Ford and GM need to wake up and bring some of their Euro market vehicles over here...they'd retake some market share.
GM does...in a way. Saturns are all basically Opels. Google the Saturn Sky and Opel GT to see what I mean.

They apparently did this to cut down on costs to produce the vehicles. Plus the build quality has improved as well. Check out the Saturn Vetra and Opel Vetra...they're the same car.

Now, when GM brings over the Chinese market only Buick Park Avenue...

YorkDefender
01-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Ah, BUT, you guys don't have the same fuel costs as we do
An imperial Gallon (8 Pints) at UK £4.75 costs roughly US $9.27 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on a price of UK £ 1.04/litre

CORVETTEDUDE
01-22-2008, 03:40 PM

There is no doubt, your fuel costs are criminally high, and always have been, by my recollection, compared to ours(which are also CRIMINALLY HIGH). However, all of us keep paying it, so they'll keep raising it!!! Kinda like a squirrel in a cage!

Mr_Choc69
01-22-2008, 04:39 PM

Yikes. We should be right there with you in the near future!!

katieftv
01-22-2008, 07:13 PM
I had a 2005 SVT Focus 5-door...the first and last year for the 5-door SVT because they disco'd the SVT after that model year. Mine was #486 out of 1200 or so production run. Fun car but I traded it in for a Nissan XTerra a little over a year later so I could have more room for gear when camping.

Followed some of the Focus sites while I owned one. Everyone was jonesing for the ST and bemoaning the fact that Ford would never bring it over.

Ford and GM need to wake up and bring some of their Euro market vehicles over here...they'd retake some market share. The Big-3 are too busy catering to the American appetite for bigger and bigger SUVs and trucks when they should be going down the road of better gas mileage and, gasp, smaller and smaller cars.

Ford tried this in the 80's with the Mercury Merkur XR4Ti which didn't do so well...it's time to try again.

You just wouldnt pay the prices Ford charge us in the UK for their cars its as simple as that. Most of what you buy in the USA is far cheaper than what we pay in the UK just check out our petrol prices for instance. :o Come on get real you guys have got it easy. :roll:

T Oracle
01-22-2008, 08:47 PM
You could ask Ford to relaunch a classic.

FIAT has just relaunched the FIAT 500 fifty years on from the original.

stukaz29
01-24-2008, 01:32 AM
The new FIAT 500 is different from the 40 years ago model

stukaz29
01-24-2008, 01:38 AM
Fiat 500, car of the year 2007 in Europe..

jamesb121
01-24-2008, 03:13 AM
ive just driven the new 500, what a rubbish little car that is especially for £9000 ($18000) before you add anything......

Its a MINI wannabe, just without BMW know how and traditional FIAT build quality. It is in essence a rebodied panda, which will do in a head gasket in 20k miles.

Avoid at all costs......

dderek123
01-24-2008, 04:27 AM
Why don't you save a little money and get a Tata Nano. It is going to be sold for $2500 american (100,000 rupees)! It will be the worlds cheapest car.

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/10/tata-nano-the-worlds-cheapest-car/

The four-door Nano is a little over 10 feet long and nearly 5 feet wide. It is powered by a 623cc two-cylinder engine at the back of the car. With 33 horsepower, the Nano is capable of 65 miles an hour. Its four small wheels are at the absolute corners of the car to improve handling. There is a small trunk, big enough for a duffel bag.

No AC, no power windows, no power steering. But those things are available on "higher models". The car is very lightweight, as it is made from mostly sheet metal and plastic.

It truly is a peoples car, and something tells me the traffic is about to get a lot worse in Asia. If I lived in India I would buy one, it would only take one paycheck to buy it cash in hand! Prices may go up after Apple sues them for using the name Nano.