PDA

View Full Version : LADIES: Do any of you have children?

ShadowMaster
01-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Do any of you have children adopted or otherwise from previous pre-transitional relationships? And if so what do you tell them about yourself?

KiraHarden
01-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Yes, I have a Son from my ex wife, we were already divorced before I decided to transition.

I think this is repost thread as well??

ShadowMaster
01-14-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm pretty sure this has been done before but thank you Kira for participating anyway. I can only imagine that must have been difficult. May I ask how your relationship is now with your son?

KiraHarden
01-14-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm pretty sure this has been done before but thank you Kira for participating anyway. I can only imagine that must have been difficult. May I ask how your relationship is now with your son?
Its really good. I wont get into much more :)

ShadowMaster
01-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Again Kira thank you for participating.

drock
01-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Yes, I have a Son from my ex wife, we were already divorced before I decided to transition.

I didn't know you were married before. I guess I just assumed that you were always into men?

KiraHarden
01-16-2008, 01:51 PM

I didn't know you were married before. I guess I just assumed that you were always into men?
Yes, I use to only be into woman. I didnt have any attraction to men until a few Yrs into HRT.

drock
01-16-2008, 01:55 PM
That's very intresting Kira; thanks for sharing.

KiraHarden
01-16-2008, 02:48 PM
I just expected to be a lesbian. I wasnt aware at the start of HRT that I could become attracted to men. It caught me off guard when I flipped.

drock
01-16-2008, 03:17 PM
I just expected to be a lesbian. I wasnt aware at the start of HRT that I could become attracted to men. It caught me off guard when I flipped.

LOL at the lesbian thing. Well I don't know what happened there but i'm glad you flipped.

tgirlzoe
01-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Interesting.

One of my IRL FTM friends has a ~10yo son from a former boyfriend. The kid's biological dad still sees him but hasn't really dealt with the fact that his former girlfriend is now a chubby hairy man with a beard ("Does that make me gay?... " LOL) :-/

I want kids at some point before I'm 30. Probably adoption or possibily surrogacy (maybe my sister will have our baby for us, that'd rock!). But all of the information about transsexuals and children have to do with people who already had kids before transition, not about laws and coming out to them once you've already transitioned.

For example, if I adopted a baby in 5 years. At what point do I tell he or she that I used to be a boy? I mean, like a boyfriend/husband, even if you're post-op, you gotta tell them at some point to be honest with them. But you don't want them to get ridiculed at school if word gets out. How do you deal with your daughter starting her period if you don't have one? I feel like I'm in uncharted waters with transition a lot...

One of my friends, who is young and very attractive, said that she was only interested in women pre-transition (the difference pre-transition to now is jaw-dropping) but that now she is only into men because she likes the contrast. Weeeeellll... she met another tgirl at a club and they became lovers and now they have a triad with their boyfriend. Good times!

tsmandy
01-16-2008, 10:19 PM
When I had my orchiectomy I thought I would never want to have a child (save for the bizarre dream where I was pregnant), then I fell in love with my partner only 3 months after the operation and then things felt different.

We talk about it alot, and my partner desperately wants to have a child, soon. Now we deal with the same problems that any Lesbian couple has trying to conceive and financially support a child.

It is going to be a real challenge, I want to have SRS before we have a kid, but might have to compromise on that.

A friend of mine who is FTM transitioned when his kid was just starting kindergarten. His son is totally awesome. I think the younger someone is exposed to trans stuff, the easier it is for them to get it.

I really respect trans folks that are raising children.