PDA

View Full Version : Pets...

Leverage87
01-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Well, I'll start off by saying last night my dog died, he was 13. Ziggy was a german shepherd-huskey mix, and he had been sick for a few weeks.

Anyways, after talking to a buddy of mine from High School, we realized we knew all of 2 people who didn't have a dog or a cat.

So, I was just wondering, who all here has a pet? Please show us a picture of your animal companion.

Heres my buddy, Ziggy, one from New Years, and one from Christmas.

Gmanfromthechi
01-10-2008, 05:23 PM
This is Kitty. I just lost him a week an ahalf b4 this past christmas. He was my buddy for 19 years.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h31/getdowngary/DSCN0327.jpg

I also had a dauchsound named Snapper who I lost about a year ago. She was 17 years old. As of now, I have no pets anymore for the first time in my life, and damnit I miss the companionship.

Im sorry to hear about yer loss leverage. If yer anythin like me, its completely devestating to deal with.How are you holdin up? Btw Ziggy looks pretty funny in that first pic hehe.

Leverage87
01-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Yeah my dog was a goon, but we all loved him, a great dog, always friendly and happy. We were expecting it though, 13 is really damn old for a german shepherd, he had tumors and bad hips.

Gmanfromthechi
01-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Aww. Yea I was lucky to have snapper as long as I did. Everyone tells me 17 is the oldest they ever heard of a dog livin. She had congestive heart failure. I bet the house isn't the same huh

Leverage87
01-10-2008, 05:42 PM
No its weird, I sat there watching TV late last night, and I reached over to pet him like I always did, and it was just weird touching the couch instead.

BeardedOne
01-10-2008, 08:44 PM
No its weird, I sat there watching TV late last night, and I reached over to pet him like I always did, and it was just weird touching the couch instead.

Yah, they leave 'ghosts' behind. :( My tiger, a stray that moved in after having had kittens on my porch about three years ago, died in her sleep a couple of weeks before $-mas. A few nights later, I reached back to pet a cat that wasn't there when I thought I felt her against my back while I was sleeping.

Back in the 1950's my dad had a small dog that used to lie at the foot of the chair when my dad was reading or watching teevee. He would swing his foot back and forth to stroke the dog. Fast forward to the 1970's and a family cat used to squeeze into the chair beside him and my dad would absently scratch the cat's back with his fingers. Years after the dog had died and the cat moved out with me my dad continued to sway his foot and wiggle his fingers out of habit, as though both animals were still there.

Leverage87
01-10-2008, 08:51 PM
It just feels so strange... now I know for certain hes gone, my dad just got back from having him cremated, and he tells me "Hey, they gave us the collar" so now I know for sure its not just a dream.

crayons
01-10-2008, 08:56 PM
I have a pet Iguana named Murdock- but I don't trust posting pictures here incase some of you guys think it would make a hot tranny. You guys masturbate to anything.

ed_jaxon
01-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Deepest sympathies Leverage

ottorocket
01-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Sorry for your loss bud...that sux

ossumpeiEIEIO
01-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Here's my dog Rockie. I have such a good time with him and will feel terrible when he passes, in several years hopefully.
I sleep easier because I know he's on duty 24/7.

chefmike
01-10-2008, 11:46 PM
Sorry about your dog. I know that it hits me pretty damn hard when any of mine have passed away. I've owned dogs my entire life, my first pet was a beautiful collie that we got when I was three years old. His name was Prince and he lived to be 13. I have also fostered several dogs until they could be placed with an owner, otherwise they would have been put down. These foster dog programs are everywhere, if anyone is interested. Here is a hound named Cicely that I am currently fostering, and next is my main man Chester aka Shorty..and yes I know that they're well fed, what did you expect?

Sorry, but I didn't have time to resize.

PS: Please help stamp out puppy mills by adopting dogs that need a good home.

KiraHarden
01-11-2008, 12:25 AM
My Kittie Indy

Sephaus
01-11-2008, 12:43 AM
My cat, Robyn. She's 10.
My cat, Thunder. he is also 10 years old.
.My dog, Otto. He's two years old.

Quinn
01-11-2008, 01:03 AM
This would be my wife's cat aka Chomper (among other names), mid-yawn.

-Quinn

SarahG
01-11-2008, 04:16 AM
I have a pet Iguana named Murdock- but I don't trust posting pictures here incase some of you guys think it would make a hot tranny. You guys masturbate to anything.

LMAO.

If yours is a male, do you find that it gets possessive of you? Some friends of mine had an Iguana from years but one day it developed this habit where it would get VERY hostile to any guy that would come anywhere near the girls in the house, thinking they were his. They ended up having to keep it in a spare bedroom the thing would get so mean to guys stopping by. If he was loose he'd attack any guy that even started to head towards the bedroom if a girl was in there (or going in there).

stillies77
01-11-2008, 05:21 AM
aw man im sorry to hear about that...we had to put my last dog down when he was 14 so i had him for 14 out of my 23 years...he was my best bud...this is my new dog Duffy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cceZmZ9bkr8