PDA

View Full Version : Question about Family

TOBEE86
01-03-2008, 01:33 AM
Does your Famiy accept you and the choices you have made?

TheOne1
01-03-2008, 03:00 AM
pretty much... I live in their converted garage, my mom still makes my bed and does my laundry, and I have no job

BabyFirefly42481
01-10-2008, 01:14 AM
I don't feel my family accepts me , but they more or less tolerate me. I know my family loves me on some level I suppose. My cousins and siblings are much more understanding then the older people in my family. I guess its just the time we are brought up in. I mean back in the day there were still trans girls but they really werent talked about. As time went on I think we just got sick of hiding. No matter what my family and friends think of me I will still continue be me. I care what they think don't get me wrong, but my happiness is more important then their feelings of shame or imbarrasment

crayons
01-10-2008, 01:17 AM
Since I'm normal, my family is very proud of me.

Legend
01-10-2008, 01:48 AM
Since I'm normal

Understatement of the Century!

Quinn
01-10-2008, 02:26 AM
I turned my back on my family a long time ago (not too many years after my father died). It has been years since I’ve talked to any of them. At this point, I neither desire nor do I anticipate any change in the status quo.

-Quinn

scroller
01-10-2008, 07:54 AM
Hell no. Moving to New York and not getting married was unimaginable for them.

El Nino
01-10-2008, 07:58 AM
HEY CRAYONS... "Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

SarahG
01-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Does your Famiy accept you and the choices you have made?

I dunno, a couple family members excommunicated me for that one time I was registered as a libertarian.

KiraHarden
01-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Yes, My family accepts and supports my choices.

justatransgirl
01-10-2008, 10:19 AM
pretty much... I live in their converted garage, my mom still makes my bed and does my laundry, and I have no job

Giggle, my Mother lives in my ex-house, along with my ex-cat - which I do not live in, because she is in it, and tonight I had to drive 3 hours round trip to bring her groceries, and make her bed and carry her laundry out to the garage, and she has no job either.

And I have to pay for her weekend condo in San Deigo. (Along with Jessica's college.) If anyone wonders why I am always promoting my ass and occupation... :-)

But she's 80... and she only called me "he" in front of Jessica three or four times today - even though I stuck my boobies right under her nose a couple of times. No she does not accept me. She has a shrine to me before I transitioned, complete with a cross hanging from a portait of me as a guy about 15 years ago.

Sigh,
TS Jamie :-)

thx1138
01-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Well, when one has no future one becomes fixated on the past.

dreamer
01-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Well, when one has no future one becomes fixated on the past.

awesome ---I've never heard it worded quite like that --

GIA LOVES RON
01-10-2008, 06:41 PM
My family has alwaysbeen accepting of my choices in life. They might not agree entirely but nevertheless they love me in/out. I am very blessed with a very good support system which makes my life more easier. I did have to go through lots of pain to get where I want to go in life. I'm stil in the process of soul searching and hopefully my family will be fine with my sex reassignment surgery! I commend the girls that had problems with their family and peers, I admire all of your braveness and positive attitude towards this matter. I hope you all the best girls!

SarahG
01-10-2008, 09:07 PM

Giggle, my Mother lives in my ex-house, along with my ex-cat - which I do not live in, because she is in it, and tonight I had to drive 3 hours round trip to bring her groceries, and make her bed and carry her laundry out to the garage, and she has no job either.

And I have to pay for her weekend condo in San Deigo. (Along with Jessica's college.) If anyone wonders why I am always promoting my ass and occupation... :-)

But she's 80... and she only called me "he" in front of Jessica three or four times today - even though I stuck my boobies right under her nose a couple of times. No she does not accept me. She has a shrine to me before I transitioned, complete with a cross hanging from a portait of me as a guy about 15 years ago.

Sigh,
TS Jamie :-)

Why do you even bother helping her?