PDA

View Full Version : Toys We Missed at $-mas

BeardedOne
01-01-2008, 12:45 AM
Tesco

"Mom, Kelsey's hogging the stripper pole again!"

"Unleash the sex kitten inside ... soon you'll be flaunting it to the world and earning a fortune in Peekaboo Dance Dollars."

- From a product listing by $75 billion British retailer Tesco, plugging the $100 Peekaboo Pole Dancing Kit - which includes an 8.5-foot chrome pole, a "sexy dance garter," and play money for stuffing into said garter - in the Toys & Games section of its website.

After complaints from parent groups, Tesco decides to keep selling the item as a "fitness accessory" but agrees to remove the listing from the toy section.

BeardedOne
01-01-2008, 12:54 AM
Spin Master

Customers who bought the Peekaboo Pole Dancing Kit also purchased this item...

Customers who bought the Peekaboo Pole Dancing Kit also purchased this item...Toymaker Spin Master releases the I-Tattoo, a $15 kit for kids ages 6 and up that features a "realistic, vibrating tattoo pen" and instructs youngsters to "get ready to 'get inked.'"

BeardedOne
01-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Hasbro

Customers who bought the Peekaboo Pole Dancing Kit and the I-Tattoo probably would've been clueless enough to buy this one too...

To compete with the spectacularly successful Bratz doll phenomenon, Hasbro unveils plans to launch the Pussycat Dolls, aimed at girls as young as 8 years old and modeled after the risqué, burlesque-inspired pop group of the same name.

(Yes, the "Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me" Pussycat Dolls.)

After protests by parent groups, Hasbro nixes the line.

BeardedOne
01-01-2008, 12:59 AM
The above entries were gleaned from Business 2.0's online piece about marketing blunders of the year.

I thought they might have a special place in the hearts of some of our HA clan. :twisted:

I read 2.0 from time to time, but am often depressed when I see pix and articles about people I know in it (And none of them are me). :(