PDA

View Full Version : Hasta la Vista™

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-29-2007, 07:19 PM
No I'm not leaving.
But Windows Vista is leaving my pc.

I've had it. I gave it a shot, defended it when others told me it sucked. I gave it the benefit of the doubt. LOL, I guess you could say I treated it like I treat some transgendered women I've associated in the past with that other dudes told me were unstable but I said "no............she's just misunderstood." LMAO
Vista is quite like an unstable tranny.

Vista without standard updates is like a tranny without hormones and Nair hair remover; it becomes sketchy and will develop mood swings such as blue screens of death.

Vista with Service Pack 1 is like a tranny with a bad boob job. Sure you can get the botched work fixed, but you still have to deal with the botched work for some time until you can get back to the surgeon, and that might take some time.

So as I spend the next 20 minutes kicking Vista's ass out, I just want to say one thing: many of you were right, and I WAS WRONG.

I'm man enough to admit that.

On the upswing my Sony PS3 is fucking awesome. Not only do I have Ubuntu running off of it, but if you download the latest winamp and install their Orb software you can play music from your pc on the PS3 wherever the fuck it is in the house, as long as its on your network via the router. I'm sure the 360 does this also, as well as the Wii.

Anyways I'm off to reinstall a stable platform: XP Pro
bbl

MrsKellyPierce
12-29-2007, 07:20 PM
You bitch I hate mine! NO FAIR!

Ecstatic
12-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Love the topic title, JW. Perfect!

flabbybody
12-29-2007, 08:16 PM
hard to imagine that Vista is going on its third year and MSFT has been unable to rectify its flaws. Most salespeople at J&R, BestBuy, etc pull u aside and just tell u to get your new pc's with standard XP version, which must be a nightmare for MSFT's marketing people. And Dell made the mistake of packaging their new PC with Vista pre-installed. It won't work with any other OS. so basically, it won't work.

makes me think how smart Jobs is and how Apple is taking over the world. Can the pc go the way of the floppy?

fhsjazztrumpet2
12-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Damn, wish I could change my PC order. I went with Vista for the DX10 support. Also, since I get a free upgrade to Vista Ultimate 32 bit through my work.

memyself
12-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Ive herd vista has software & hardware issues, plus its an incredable system hog.
The ppl at ms are going to stop shiping xp to oems early next year in an atept to force ppl to take up the mofo vista os, so ive ordered a dell inspiron 530 grunter with xp pre-installed :D (older os + up to date puter = lightning speed system).
Eagerly awaiting 3rd of jan arivel, ive alredy got an upgrade sitting here for it --- serial ATA parallel ATA combo PCI card so I can plug in my old sys ide hdd to transfer many gigs o stuff :D (stuff...everyone needs stuff!)

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-29-2007, 10:59 PM
I love my macs and I've gained a new appreciation for XP Pro. This machine is flying right now.

Tomfurbs
12-29-2007, 11:24 PM
JWBL said:

'Vista is quite like an unstable tranny'

there's a sig if ever i heard one..

Jakovasaur
12-30-2007, 02:52 AM
Without Vista, I.T. guys would have nothing to do.

the_corner
12-30-2007, 02:58 AM
I have one word for you.... LEOPARD.... and for those odd times that you really really need some windows app on your mac.... parallels.....

I've reduced the time I spend troubleshooting by using mac to almost none compared against windows.... so I have more time to be more productive, and/or to read HA more constantly :)

wjcdiver
12-30-2007, 03:34 AM
I bought a new laptop in June that came with Vista installed. In early November I got totally fed up. I got a new copy of XP, saved all my files, reformatted my hardrive and executed Vista.

I got back 30+ Gigabytes of my hard drive. It loads faster, all hardware installs and it crashes a lot less.

If you have Vista I suggest you too say

Hasta la Vista.

It sucks.

(Btw my next computer will be a Mac.)

diver

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-30-2007, 03:41 AM
Macs simplicity is overwhelming
thank goodness for bootcamp
i can have a simple platform with xp or vista for pirating (hehe)

tgirlzoe
12-30-2007, 05:08 AM
you funny windows people. I've been a Debian girl for the past decade. Linux and Free Software in general has made fascinating improvements since then. Windows is stuck. If they can't fix Vista, people will just keep using XP, which is growing quite old. I couldn't imagine running an old Linux 2.2 system with Gnome 1.4 or KDE 1.x and such today. That is essentially what's happening with Windows.

People are using a 7 year old system because the whole giant upgrade every few years thing. OS X upgrades every year or two incrementally. I update my Linux box at least once a week because I like to keep up on new software, partially because I depend on some for my own software and partially because it's just interesting.

Sure we had the jump to Nautilus with Gnome, the HIG and spatial file management arguments but most people transitioned slowly. Throwing a new system out there is almost destined to fail. It worked with Windows 95 though but I think people are less adventurous than the were 12-13 years ago.

Also, Linux people love Linux. Mac people love Macs. Most people grudgingly put up with Windows because it came with their PC or they want to play games (nearly all of which are Windows exclusive). Such a mess!

peggygee
12-30-2007, 05:32 AM
JWBL said:

'Vista is quite like an unstable tranny'

there's a sig if ever i heard one..

Vista without standard updates is like a tranny without hormones and Nair hair remover; it becomes sketchy and will develop mood swings such as blue screens of death.

Vista with Service Pack 1 is like a tranny with a bad boob job. Sure you can get the botched work fixed, but you still have to deal with the botched work for some time until you can get back to the surgeon, and that might take some time.

Truly worthy of a signature. :lol:

I've got a number of puters en mi casa, and I run a few different OSs
depending on what I need to do.

I've got XP Pro, Vista, Server 2003, Mac, and Linux.

Keeping with your tranny metaphor, I guess you could say I've got the
best of both worlds. :wink:

Ecstatic
12-30-2007, 07:05 AM
Pre-op, post-op, non-op, natal....sounds like you have every type, Peggy, as do I: Vista Ultimate, XP Pro, Winders 98, OS X, Red Hat Linux....

DJ_Asia
12-30-2007, 07:09 AM
Had a PC built for my studio in BKK a few months ago and had the option of installing Vista or XP...Funny I recalled the thread you made RE" Vista and how you were defending it from its detractors and thought to myself,if it has so many detractors theres gotta be a reason....went with XP.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Had a PC built for my studio in BKK a few months ago and had the option of installing Vista or XP...Funny I recalled the thread you made RE" Vista and how you were defending it from its detractors and thought to myself,if it has so many detractors theres gotta be a reason....went with XP.

Asia glad you made the right choice

slinky
12-31-2007, 03:25 AM
Can anyone say "Windows Millennium"?

Jericho
12-31-2007, 04:16 AM
Can anyone say "Windows Millennium"?

Not without laughing! :lol:

CORVETTEDUDE
12-31-2007, 04:23 AM
Vista is, and always have been a POS, from day1.

glenntinnyc
12-31-2007, 04:29 PM
i have vista at work or should say had it at work brutal