PDA

View Full Version : anyone know of surgeons that offer orchiectomies without

nicoleneuman24
12-28-2007, 01:16 AM
xox

SXFX
12-28-2007, 03:41 AM
Why hun, you look gorgeous!
And hay some of us guys like a girl with a full easter basket :-)

wjcdiver
12-28-2007, 06:37 AM
My suggestion is that you go through the counseling and the process before you take any irreversible action. The process of going through the counseling means that you will know in your mind why you made the decisions you have made. If for any reason you regret them later you will know that you did all the right things to make the decision.

No good surgeon is going do such a procedure without full evaluations. If you can find a surgeon willing to short cut the process, I know I would not let him/her near my body with a knife.

I hope you have a very Happy and Healthy 2008 and many years beyond.

diver

UptownGirl92381
12-28-2007, 10:07 AM
There are a lot of doctors who will...I don't have my two letters and I had an orchiectomy performed by a local doctor. It's all about establishing a good raport with the doctor.

justatransgirl
12-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Jessica and I are going for ours in a couple of weeks. (So boys if you want to play with my balls - time's running out...).

BUT we've both followed the SOC and have had multiple surgery evaulations. I STRONGLY recommend this avenue.

I do not agree with going forward with genital surgeries without undergoing a profesisonal evaluation, and an extensive period of personal introspection and ESPECIALLY education. Even if you are certain of your course of action.

BUT I also believe that an otherwise sane adult should be allowed to do whatever they wish with their body.

So far as it goes the reason we are doing ours is because we've both been on high does hormones about three years and it will be at least next summer and probably another year or two before we have a time window for SRS and recovery and we (and our doctor) feel it's necessary to reduce our hormone intake to female levels.

Orchi is not a highly difficult proceedure. But I would still go to a quality surgeon, though there are girls on HA who've done otherwise with no problems.

I also heard of one girl who used a hoist and dropped an anvil on her balls then went to the ER...

OUCHY !!!!

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

KiraHarden
12-28-2007, 03:55 PM
I would recommend seeing a Theripist and Dr to get your two letters. Its not that difficult if your sincere about why you want that procedure and transition. I had my Orchiectomy in Feb 05, It has been one of the best things I have done in my transition.

There is a Dr Bruce Neal (GreenBay) that performed my Orchie. Im not sure what prices are for other surgeons but his rates where $1650.00 in 2005. You do require 2 letters.

I did see a few Surgeons that did not require letters when I goggled a few yrs ago, but I think you may have to be on hormones and possible live fulltime... I forget

KiraHarden
12-28-2007, 04:06 PM
This is about the what the girl wants for her transition, not because a few tranny chassing squirrels need a nut

muhmuh
12-28-2007, 07:42 PM
probably a stupid uninformed question but dont these procedures somewhat reduce the amount of skin available for srs at a later date?

KiraHarden
12-29-2007, 12:17 AM
This is about the what the girl wants for her transition, not because a few tranny chassing squirrels need a nutA bilateral orchiectomy amounts to having your testicles removed, and nothing else. A surgeon will use everything that remains, including the scrotum, for a future vaginoplasty.
Yes! I had bilateral orchiectomy.

MrsKellyPierce
12-29-2007, 03:25 AM
I also agree, Nicole you have been living as a woman most of your life. It should be easy for you to just walk into the therapist look at you, talk to you and give you your letters of reccomadation the same day.

justatransgirl
12-29-2007, 05:59 AM
I agree with Kelly, it's not a big deal to get a letter, IF you are not dealing with other issues.

Here's a couple of stories - it's kind of long, sorry.

There are people who are in therapy for long periods trying to understand "if" they are trans or what. I know of one person who's been flipping back and forth since I've known him. (I say "he" because after extensive FFS he's gone back to being a man for about the fourth time in 5 years.) Obviously no therapist would provide an approval without considerable counseling.

These are the kind of people who cause the "gatekeeper" mentality of medical professionals. Because the doctors do have a responsibility to try to protect such people from themselves.

On the other hand, as Kelly said, if you are living as a girl, if you are on, or wish to go on hormones under medical supervision, if you ARE a girl, you aren't going to have any trouble at all.

It's mainly for the surgeons malpractice liability, and to ensure you are capable of making an "informed consent." So you don't wake up after the operation and say, "Ooops, I changed my mind doc."

Most people get totally stressed out over it. I did. It's no big deal. Go read the SOC, tell the doc you're a girl, don't go looking like a drag queen, don't tell them about the "black helicopters" that shoot lasers into your brain, and you'll be just fine. :-) Giggle.

Jessica has one letter, she just went to the GLBT Center's psychologist and said she needed a letter. Any idiot can see she's a girl. He mailed it to her a couple of weeks later. When we nail down an SRS date I'll send her to my doctor for an endorsement.

In my case I have three letters. My primary letter was from a lesbian therapist who had never met a transssexual before me and had no clue what the SOC or who the hell Harry Benjamin was. So I actually wrote my own letter and she signed it.

My 2nd endorsement letter - I met with a Phd psychologist (an FtoM TS) for one hour, once. My letter is maybe three sentences. Says roughly, "I met with Jamie on XXX date. I agree with everything the other therapist says. And Jamie is obviously a girl and should have SRS so her panties will fit better." Giggle. (That's NOT the exact wording...)

I personally had a lot of opposition from family and friends and to please everybody I went to an MD Psychaitrist who is also an Endocrinologist and is actually a MEMBER of the HBIGDA association. (Or whatever they call it now.) I asked her for a completely independent evaluation. She talked to my other thearapists, my Endo, friends, reviewed my medical and blood history, etc. and wrote me probably the best SRS evaulation letter I've ever seen. She did an amazingly extensive evaluation - for which she charged me I think it was $150. I met with her twice for an hour each time.

Don't necessairly go to the first therapist in the phone book. Therapists make their living by stringing you along and digging stuff up in your brain. If they can drag you out for 10 years of threapy they are going to make more $$ than if they meet you once and write a letter.

ASK them questions about their qualifications and requirements. And save your $$ until you find one that is an advocate, and stick to the point.

Hugs,
TS Jamie :-)

SXFX
12-29-2007, 06:13 AM
This is about the what the girl wants for her transition, not because a few tranny chassing squirrels need a nut
Ok here is where you can call me stupid!
I didn't know what it was! Total DDDDDUUUUUUUHHHHH on my part!
For some reason I thought it was some sort of facial work! I should have googled it first
Yes, totally my bad! I guess it was a long day.
Will you ever forgive me?

tsmandy
12-29-2007, 10:24 PM
It should be no trouble for you to get letters, especially if you find a couple of trans-friendly docs. Both of the doctors that I saw in Portland wrote me a letter with only one session, now either I'm very persuasive, or its common. Then again, one of my doctors was an FTM and the other one was a partner of a trans-man, so they thought the letters were bullshit anyways. They do come in handy later on down the line when you are dealing with other surgeries anyways, so you might as well get them.

I'm really glad I got my orchiectomy when I did (very early in my transition) and I would definitely reccomend it to other girls. Best of luck to you.

xoxo
mandy

nicoleneuman
12-31-2007, 06:39 AM
sorry

whatislove
12-31-2007, 06:44 AM
1st post! rock on!

Supai
01-05-2008, 07:15 AM
I also agree, Nicole you have been living as a woman most of your life. It should be easy for you to just walk into the therapist look at you, talk to you and give you your letters of reccomadation the same day.I would hope so.

yep, we can hope but its still as much knowing the right people, or having them near you, nomatter how well pass.

Even living in the Bay Area, this has been a major problem for me as I live in its backward armpit, a hells drive from anyone with "transgendered" or "Gender Issues" anywhere in their job description.

Some therapist are motivated as much by money as patient welfare and regular non-gender issue shrinks will gladly take a TS on a wild goose chase just to get money out of them.