PDA

View Full Version : What they don't want you know about Hawaii.

GroobySteven
12-27-2007, 12:31 PM
http://starbulletin.com/2007/12/19/news/story02.html

jayevil
12-27-2007, 12:42 PM
I know a few chinese restaurants that did that kind of stuff too.

omghi2u
12-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Is this like a normal thing over there? I hear theres alot of racism towards mainlanders, maybe the hawaiins thought that the hawaiin guy marrying the white lady was disrespectful and the only way he could pay them back was to eat their dog?

Jericho
12-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Caddy was an 8-month-old, 50-pound German shepherd-Labrador mix.

If you cut the head, tail and hoofs off, that's still what, 15/20 pound of dog each, to get through? :?

Night Rider
12-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Is this like a normal thing over there? I hear theres alot of racism towards mainlanders, maybe the hawaiins thought that the hawaiin guy marrying the white lady was disrespectful and the only way he could pay them back was to eat their dog?

I could be wrong but I don't think it's the normal thing for Hawaiinans to eat dogs, that's more oriental. When you order your sweet & sour pork out of the chinese takeaway, you could well be getting sweet & sour poodle. You're right about the racism towards mainlanders but I think there would be other ways to get them back without having to resort to crispy fried dog.

CORVETTEDUDE
12-27-2007, 11:14 PM
I've eaten alot of things, some of which I had no idea what it was, or had been. I do know, however, dog wasn't the worst of it. Not that I condone it...I'm just sayin'.

KiraHarden
12-27-2007, 11:16 PM
I've eaten alot of things, some of which I had no idea what it was, or had been. I do know, however, dog wasn't the worst of it. Not that I condone it...I'm just sayin'.
WOW! You ate dog what does it taste like?

CORVETTEDUDE
12-27-2007, 11:21 PM

It was served as "Monkey Meat", dipped in a Teriyaki sauce....and, I was too frickin' wasted to remember the taste. I didn't throw it up, though.

KiraHarden
12-27-2007, 11:26 PM

It was served as "Monkey Meat", dipped in a Teriyaki sauce....and, I was too frickin' wasted to remember the taste. I didn't throw it up, though.
Couldnt have been that bad then.

GroobySteven
12-27-2007, 11:54 PM
I specifically went to a dog restaurant in China. I've no problems with eating dog.
I've a problem with two (Filipino) groundsmen taking someone's pet - butchering it and then eating it AND the state trying to hush it up a bit as it's bad for business (tourism).

You'd never get dog in Chinese food unless you ordered it, it's a completely different type of meat. Human is like pork though.

RawNY
12-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Newest bistro on the main island

jayevil
12-28-2007, 12:00 AM
You'd never get dog in Chinese food unless you ordered it, it's a completely different type of meat. Human is like pork though.

So does human meat taste like pork? Or does it taste like pussy?

xrey
12-28-2007, 12:02 AM
After living in Hawaii for many years eating dog is not as common as it was although the filipino community is stereotyped as the culprits ... black dog.

You are wrong about the racism towards mainlanders ... not sure where you are getting your information but that is also a stereotype.

Hawaii is a muliti-cultural community like many others with it's share societal problems.

Night Rider
12-28-2007, 12:07 AM
Yeah, human meat is supposed to taste pretty good. There are human meat butchers in some markets in different parts of asia that I heard about.....not that I'm into that sort of shit!

GroobySteven
12-28-2007, 12:22 AM
Yeah, human meat is supposed to taste pretty good. There are human meat butchers in some markets in different parts of asia that I heard about.....not that I'm into that sort of shit!

"heard about" - it's crap. Don't believe everything you here and don't feel the need to reprint it.

Night Rider
12-28-2007, 12:27 AM

"heard about" - it's crap. Don't believe everything you here and don't feel the need to reprint it.

Thought it might be bullshit but it was worth a mention.

GroobySteven
12-28-2007, 12:39 AM
Although it's well documented that the Hawaiian's did eat "long pig" until quite recently- it's another bit of a coverup that they don't like talking about. Good old Capt.Cook had his body shared among chiefs - although that was a sign of reverence as they were horrified to have killed him.
Revered King Kamehmeha sacrificed many Hawaiian's and you can still see the sacrificial stones.

Mr_Choc69
12-28-2007, 07:16 PM
So are these dog killers going to prison?

ottorocket
12-28-2007, 07:40 PM
So are these dog killers going to prison? They should and they can share the cell with Sick Vick.

Night Rider
12-28-2007, 07:42 PM
..and share poppers before each shower visit (just incase)

Mr_Choc69
12-28-2007, 07:44 PM
So are these dog killers going to prison? They should and they can share the cell with Sick Vick.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they will not do any time. I will keep an eye on this for good measure.