PDA

View Full Version : Allow me to introduce myself..

Schmidtty
12-27-2007, 10:49 AM
I guess I should say hello and a little bit about myself, maybe or something... uhm...

I don't remember how I found this site, and I registered a while back, but never lurked or anything. I was bored tonight and checking my emails and saw one from here... so... yeah.

I'm 24, I go to college, I work, I write, and I enjoy many generic hobbies such as listening to music and watching movies. I also have insomnia.

I live in Texas, I wasn't born here and for the most part I don't really like it. There are a lot of evangelicals and bigots.

I'm a cancer survivor. I've had it for 8 years, but was only diagnosed 5 years ago. I get a check-up once a year to make sure it isn't spreading.

I'm not very good at soliciting information about myself.

MrsKellyPierce
12-27-2007, 10:59 AM
wow you are long winded, but Hi

thx1138
12-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Don't be surprised if you get shit thrown your way.

lust4ts
12-27-2007, 11:14 AM
All the best with the Cancer! Something like that most people can only imagine having to live with…..

I hope one day you beat it completely, even if you don't staying strong minded and positive is something that I'm sure you will do!

Of course I could say, "Don't worry man”, it's all going be alright" but that would be patronising as I have no understanding of the concept of all the varied and difficult obstacles and emotions that you face everyday.

All I can say is welcome and good luck, I wish you the best, oh and have fun here at HA. :)

MrsKellyPierce
12-27-2007, 11:15 AM
All the best with the Cancer! Something like that most people can only imagine having to live with…..

I hope one day you beat it completely, even if you don't staying strong minded and positive is something that I'm sure you will do!

Of course I could say, "Don't worry man”, it's all going be alright" but that would be patronising as I have no understanding of the concept of all the varied and difficult obstacles and emotions that you face everyday.

All I can say is welcome and good luck, I wish you the best, oh and have fun here at HA. :) you too long winded

lust4ts
12-27-2007, 11:17 AM

All I can say is welcome and good luck, I wish you the best, oh and have fun here at HA. :) you too long winded

I'm an Author kel, what to you expect? Words are my thing!

omghi2u
12-27-2007, 12:46 PM
my name is HOV

TsJennifer
12-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Welcome to the board!

CORVETTEDUDE
12-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Here's hoping two things....

1. HA lasts long enough for you to enjoy it, to include but not limited to, contributing, expression of ideas, and on occasion, having your lunch handed to you, and...

2. The complete and total disappearance of any cancerous cells in your body. God Bless, and best of luck.

Oh yea...Welcome! :rock2

Night Rider
12-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Welcome to HA.....

Coroner
12-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Welcome to the board and it´s nice to read that you survived cancer. I wish you the best.

Quinn
12-28-2007, 12:39 AM
I guess I should say hello and a little bit about myself, maybe or something... uhm...

I don't remember how I found this site, and I registered a while back, but never lurked or anything. I was bored tonight and checking my emails and saw one from here... so... yeah.

I'm 24, I go to college, I work, I write, and I enjoy many generic hobbies such as listening to music and watching movies. I also have insomnia.

I live in Texas, I wasn't born here and for the most part I don't really like it. There are a lot of evangelicals and bigots.

I'm a cancer survivor. I've had it for 8 years, but was only diagnosed 5 years ago. I get a check-up once a year to make sure it isn't spreading.

I'm not very good at soliciting information about myself.

Welcome to the forum, Schmidtty. Kudos on a fine introduction. It's nice to see another insomniac on the forum (I occasionally go days without sleep). Oh, and congrat's on beating the cancer. Anyway, enjoy the forum. It can, on occasion, get a little rough, but there are many cool people here.

-Quinn

Schmidtty
12-28-2007, 12:53 AM

1. HA lasts long enough for you to enjoy it, to include but not limited to, contributing, expression of ideas, and on occasion, having your lunch handed to you, and...

2. The complete and total disappearance of any cancerous cells in your body. God Bless, and best of luck.

1. Yeah, I just read that. My luck is funny, I finally get around to participating and now I don't know how long it will last.

2. While I'm hoping they won't spread, the cells won't be disappearing... well, unless they removed my brain, but I think that could have some adverse side-effects.

I've been a member of some rough boards before, so I think I can handle myself.

Sorry if I'm too long-winded. I'll try to work on that.

CORVETTEDUDE
12-28-2007, 09:20 AM

1. Yeah, I just read that. My luck is funny, I finally get around to participating and now I don't know how long it will last.

2. While I'm hoping they won't spread, the cells won't be disappearing... well, unless they removed my brain, but I think that could have some adverse side-effects.

I've been a member of some rough boards before, so I think I can handle myself.

Sorry if I'm too long-winded. I'll try to work on that.

Well, it appears you lucked out. It seems NYCe is going to keep the store open. So, go nutz!!!

The brain thing don't sound kool. I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal labotomy. Fight back pissed off!!!!

Schmidtty
12-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Well, it appears you lucked out. It seems NYCe is going to keep the store open. So, go nutz!!!

The brain thing don't sound kool. I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal labotomy. Fight back pissed off!!!!
Yup, great news. Gives me a chance to get to know people and hopefully not piss anyone off.

Don't worry, I'm fighting hard. After the tumor was removed, I got a piece of it.

Falrune
12-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Hello

May your remission be permanent :D