PDA

View Full Version : Roy Jones- Felix Trinidad

vegasboy
12-27-2007, 02:27 AM
Who wins? In their primes, I'd say Roy easily. It's interesting since Roy has slipped much more than Trinidad but I have to expect Tito to be made to order for Roy.

For all his power, Tito has never been great at handling speed, and I haven't seen anyone in their prime faster than Roy.

So Roy Jones TKO 9

blckhaze
12-27-2007, 03:18 AM
in prime, trinidad. roy jones chin has alwys been softer than glass. Him ans Mayweather use the same style, only mayweather is faster, smarter, and better conditioned. Trinidad was one of the baddest punchers of his time. i expect the fight to be a dud as neither of them hae ben really active, but trinidad should win.

Night Rider
12-27-2007, 03:21 AM
Tough call, I'll go with Roy Jones by points

vegasboy
12-27-2007, 04:18 AM
in prime, trinidad. roy jones chin has alwys been softer than glass. Him ans Mayweather use the same style, only mayweather is faster, smarter, and better conditioned. Trinidad was one of the baddest punchers of his time. i expect the fight to be a dud as neither of them hae ben really active, but trinidad should win.
Almost everything you say is true. I'd say Mayweather was better technically than RJ and therefore smarter. I've also never seen him tire. But I think Roy was faster and the better puncher p4p.

Trinidad has always been a great puncher. No doubt about it. And he is very determined.

We'll see how this pans out. RJ's chin looked bad of late, and Lou Del Valle dropped him in 99 or something. But the vulnerability was against really big guys in Glen Johnson and Tarver. But yeah, I don't have much confidence in Roy's chin and Tito's a puncher.

But still gotta go with Roy.

blckhaze
12-27-2007, 07:23 AM
*note NR shouldnt make any avatar bets* plz with out adblock on firefox, i couldnt take those avatars past day one.

Night Rider
12-27-2007, 03:39 PM
By the sounds of things HA is shutting down, but if that doesn't happen then bring on the bets haze!!! Let's see how much confidence you have in Trinidad :mrgreen:

phats
01-04-2008, 02:36 PM
As much as I would like Roy to win I think its going to be Felix who will be victorious!

Quinn
01-06-2008, 05:41 PM

I totally agree with your assessment, haze. I think Trinidad will take it as well.

-Quinn

partlycloudy
01-06-2008, 09:00 PM

I totally agree with your assessment, haze. I think Trinidad will take it as well.

-Quinn

either of you (blckhaze, quinn) wanna bet your avatar on this? i'll take rjj.

:popcorn

Quinn
01-11-2008, 05:30 PM

-Quinn

either of you (blckhaze, quinn) wanna bet your avatar on this? i'll take rjj.

:popcorn

Let me think on that one a little bit, Partly.

-Quinn

RevolveR.
01-12-2008, 04:00 AM
Roy Jones Jr is going to school Trinidad, it will be close but I can see RJJ knocking him out down the stretch.

Quinn
01-16-2008, 06:27 AM
I gave this some thought, and I'm not willing to put my avatar on it. Frankly, though I'm calling for Trinidad, I'm not even putting money on it, which is rare for me when it comes to fights.

-Quinn

partlycloudy
01-18-2008, 01:34 AM
I gave this some thought, and I'm not willing to put my avatar on it. Frankly, though I'm calling for Trinidad, I'm not even putting money on it, which is rare for me when it comes to fights.

-Quinn
:(

wombat33
01-19-2008, 11:09 PM
Who wins? In their primes, I'd say Roy easily. It's interesting since Roy has slipped much more than Trinidad but I have to expect Tito to be made to order for Roy.

For all his power, Tito has never been great at handling speed, and I haven't seen anyone in their prime faster than Roy.

So Roy Jones TKO 9

WHO CARES? BOXING SUCKS EVER SINCE THE 80'S

IT IS A CRIME HOW THEY TRY TO COMPARE THIS WITH THE ALI-FRASIER FIGHTS IN THIER ADVERTISING.

A ROTTEN SHAME

RevolveR.
01-20-2008, 03:17 AM
Boxing is on the rise again, my friend. I'll agree that it had turned sour for a while but this last year put it back on the map. I'm pretty sure there will be good fights this year too, Mayweather V Cotto is the one that I'd most like to see happen.

partlycloudy
01-22-2008, 09:02 PM
there was talk of de la hoya vs cotto but that fell through. now i'm seeing talk of de la hoya vs mayweather 2 for later this year. cotto is gonna fight some reality show guy.

RevolveR.
01-22-2008, 09:32 PM
I'd rather see De la Hoya V Mayweather, he deserves a rematch. I'd like to see Mayweather V Cotto somewhere down the line aswell if Mayweather manages to beat Oscar again. (I'm not convinced he will)

partlycloudy
01-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Do you see a possible avatar bet on the horizon, partlycloudy? :D
possibly.

:mrgreen:

RevolveR.
01-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Avatar bet? What are the terms & conditions of the bets? Sounds like fun.

Quinn
01-24-2008, 07:36 PM

Generally speaking, the winner gets to pick the loser's avatar (and, on occasion, his sig) for a mutually agreed period of time. It can make for some great laughs (Legend's avatar after he lost to M77, Night Rider’s avatar after he lost to Partly, etc.).

-Quinn

RevolveR.
01-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the info, Quinn. That does sound pretty funny, I haven't came across any of the loser's avatars yet but I can imagine they're nothing to be proud of!

partlycloudy, if you're interested in the Calzaghe V Hopkins fight in April, let me know. I'll take Calzaghe. If you don't want it, it's open to anyone else that wants it.

:D

partlycloudy
01-24-2008, 09:54 PM
april is still a while away so ask again when the time comes. i'm interested in this fight but anything can happen from now til then (training mishap, etc.) so i'm gonna hold off on locking it until about a week before the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtB0gD6O_Ak

bernard 'i will never let a white boy beat me' hopkins :lol:

february is right around the corner if anybody is interested in these:

(my picks in bold)

ufc 81 feb. 2
tim sylvia vs antonio rodrigo nogueira

hbo boxing feb. 16
jermain taylor vs kelly pavlik 2

RevolveR.
01-24-2008, 11:49 PM
OK, I'll ask you again close to the fight. That's the first I've seen that clip, that was pretty funny! I don't know enough about UFC to bet, and I'm backing Talyor to take back his belt.

wombat33
02-08-2008, 03:31 AM

I'll let Mr partlycloudy explain that one, if and when the time comes.

GIANTS