PDA

View Full Version : We Americans still love our full-sized trucks...

Willie Escalade
12-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Just got through reading the Truck of the Year article in the latest Motor Trend. The Ford F-450 Super Duty King Ranch Edition was one of the "contestants." Not a bad truck...but an as-tested price over $62,000?? What the fuck.....?!

So all of you eco-nuts know, it was pushing a diesel engine. :wink:

Realgirls4me
12-26-2007, 09:38 AM
I love trucks, particularly the ones hailing from Dearborn, but dang, that 450 is just too much truck. I don't need to pull a 747. :)

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-26-2007, 09:53 AM
yo Willz

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/06/f150svt04.jpg

gimme that in NYC, problem solved, no tailgating, no road rage, nothing, the minute I growl that engine at a red light folks would ease off a pedal faster than tranny easing off a client's cock right after an orgasm

Willie Escalade
12-26-2007, 09:54 AM
That's kewl, but I'm actually a Chevy/GMC guy. :wink:

Realgirls4me
12-26-2007, 09:57 AM
That's kewl, but I'm actually a Chevy/GMC guy. :wink:

Uuuuuuuuuuh ... that's okay.

You're forgiven.

;)

TJT
12-26-2007, 12:48 PM
I wanna ride in my Bigfoot Truck
Japanese cars Ima gonna smush.
Me an' Baby do the Hucklebuck
Ridin' around in my Bigfoot Truck.

ILuvGurls
12-26-2007, 03:58 PM
i do love my f-150....

CORVETTEDUDE
12-26-2007, 05:12 PM
My new one......

DJ_Asia
12-26-2007, 05:15 PM
yo Willz

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/06/f150svt04.jpg

gimme that in NYC, problem solved, no tailgating, no road rage, nothing, the minute I growl that engine at a red light folks would ease off a pedal faster than tranny easing off a client's cock right after an orgasm

I also used to have an SVT Lightning,which I traded in on my Vette...not a bad truck,but not fast enough for my tastes

Night Rider
12-26-2007, 05:37 PM
We Brits like em too...

Willie Escalade
12-27-2007, 10:18 AM
My new one......
Yehyah! http://otola.net/thumbsup.gif

I'd use one of these babies to haul my trailer holding my Yenko Camaro.

I do still like the King Ranch editions of the blue oval's trucks. Do they still even have Eddie Bauer editions? :?

And so everyone knows, among the other contestants in the Motor Trend TOY competition was the Chevy Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD, the GMC Sierra 2500HD and 3500HD, the Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duties (no Dodges this year). The last contestant is the winner: The Toyota Tundra. Go figure.

DJ_Asia
12-27-2007, 10:21 AM
My new one......
Yehyah! http://otola.net/thumbsup.gif

I'd use one of these babies to haul my trailer holding my Yenko Camaro.

I do still like the King Ranch editions of the blue oval's trucks. Do they still even have Eddie Bauer editions? :?

And so everyone knows, among the other contestants in the Motor Trend TOY competition was the Chevy Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD, the GMC Sierra 2500HD and 3500HD, the Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duties (no Dodges this year). The last contestant is the winner: The Toyota Tundra. Go figure.

No offense Willie but I aint buying the "My Yenko Camaro" story

OEMEnemyNum1
12-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Just got through reading the Truck of the Year article in the latest Motor Trend. The Ford F-450 Super Duty King Ranch Edition was one of the "contestants." Not a bad truck...but an as-tested price over $62,000?? What the fuck.....?!

So all of you eco-nuts know, it was pushing a diesel engine. :wink:

Yo Willie that's my truck man... I drive the 450 now. Got a bad ass 6.4L Twin Turbo Powerstroke in it baby. What I love about it is that it rides 100% better than the new Chevy's.

OEMEnemyNum1
12-27-2007, 10:28 AM
I hate tooting my own horn in this topic, but It's one that I've got a lot of experience in. I'm very intimate with all of these trucks, been driving the 6.4L with VIN series 67 before they went full production with them. The Kelderman truck that was on Spike TV was in my garage for a few months before it went on that show. I'd give the best new truck this year to the Ford hands down. I haven't blown one up yet so far, can't really say that about the new "mighty" cummins, or duramax. I got a couple kills on those puppies already.

Willie Escalade
12-27-2007, 10:58 AM
No offense Willie but I aint buying the "My Yenko Camaro" story
None taken! The only Yenko Camaro I have is that one by Ertl that was on "2 Fast 2 Furious". :lol:

Now if I can find a mint '69, I'd make my own. It would be a Rally Sport first off. Also, instead of sourcing the real engine, I'd drop in an LS3 drivetrain from the current ZO6. Either way, it's still a 427!

DJ_Asia
12-27-2007, 11:03 AM
a few years back there was (is?) a classic car shop down in San Juan Capistrano,forget the name but a Google might turn it up.They had a Yenko in there for sale...didnt really catch my eye...was too busy drewling over the 3 67 GT500's they had(...and let me drive!)

When they told me I was approved for the financing on the GT500 I almost shit my pants...however in retrospect it was a wise choice to walk away.

jjjohnson
12-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Oh to be in America and get to drive a full size truck.

Over here in the UK an F150 looks immense. I saw an imported Dually on a motorway a few weeks back and I couldn't believe how huge it looked compared to everything.

Someone in Wolverhampton has a red Ram SRT10 which is really nice but must be a real pain to live with on our tiny roads and over taxed fuel.

Something I would like to own at some time is an 80's Syclone, I still think these look great. I know it's perhaps a bit of a cliche but I'd also really like the long wheel base Lightening Harley Davidson edition which is about as big as you can get away with around here. Failing that the Australian Falcon XR8 ute would suffice!

Realgirls4me
12-28-2007, 09:13 AM
On my first visits to Europe, I was somewhat taken aback as to how few -- if any -- pick-ups there are over there on their roads -- of any make. I saw a few small ones, which would be more at home on a golf course over here in the states, but nothing like we are accustomed to seeing on our roads.

... Just where do those Europeans hide their phallic symbols over there? ;)

mikejones
12-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Yea, the big trucks are cool, but you need to live in an area that can accomodate them. They can be a pain in really dense urban areas. The higher end models are very comfortable though, and the view over the traffic is awesome.

Mr_Choc69
12-28-2007, 07:13 PM
62k for a Pick Up? Overkill. It is a great truck but that is way overpriced.

ottorocket
12-28-2007, 07:17 PM
this is my idea of a perfect truck...the rattier the better

Mr_Choc69
12-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Love this one:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l291/Chevette88/Ram.jpg

muhmuh
12-28-2007, 07:51 PM
... Just where do those Europeans hide their phallic symbols over there? ;)

in our pants where they belong
plus we generally prefer out phalli to handle well instead of finding them sobbing in a corner hugging their legs at the mere sight of a corner

ottorocket
12-28-2007, 07:59 PM
I gotta gits me one of them Big Horn Cummin's Power Stroke Dually's...

Cuz i got a small pee pee.

JK...i have to laugh at the obvious attempt by the manufactures to name these trucks with such sexually laden innuendo...

I want the Enzyte edition whenever that comes out.

ottorocket
12-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Love this one:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l291/Chevette88/Ram.jpg

THat is the ubiquitous "Bear" edition lol

eggbert
12-28-2007, 08:50 PM
I drive a new F250 diesel with ladder racks. It's a great work truck. Takes a lot of abuse and pulls a 16' trailer with no problems. I took it up to NYC one day and had a hell of a time finding a lot to park in. I ended up having to slip the attendant an extra $20.