PDA

View Full Version : CSI or Law & Order

xrey
12-22-2007, 10:27 AM
I am partial to CSI - Las Vegas but New York is coming on strong.

Realgirls4me
12-22-2007, 10:37 AM
I think many watch those shows for the glam and glitz ... I know it's a TV series, but I can't suspend belief for that long a time on a drama as such. They take way too many liberties and shortcuts. Verdict: Forensic Files.

Hee-hee. :D

mbf
12-22-2007, 12:50 PM
CSI whatever is one of the most sensationalist, shallow, effect-ridden, wits-lacking, on-behalf-of-bushism, unrealistic time-wasters known to mankind of the last couple of years in our so unimaginative "noughties" decade, I would suffer from.

If I watched much TV anyways.

MacShreach
12-22-2007, 03:29 PM
CSI whatever is one of the most sensationalist, shallow, effect-ridden, wits-lacking, on-behalf-of-bushism, unrealistic time-wasters known to mankind of the last couple of years in our so unimaginative "noughties" decade, I would suffer from.

I wish you wouldn't take the words out of my mouth like that. I would just add the cardboard-cut-out acting and frankly dismal direction do nothing to help the chronic plot scenarios and the other items you have already mentioned. The only one I like is Miami and that's only because if the references it makes to Miami Vice.....(Michael Mann fan here.)

Having nothing more to add re CSI, Criminal Minds rates a mention and of course Without a Trace if only because it has the most exquisitely gorgeous woman on TV just now, Rosalyn Sanchez.....

BiCuriousGeorge
12-22-2007, 03:49 PM
I watch all the CSI's and Law and Orders. I also like NCIS. I think CSI Vegas is the best out of them. CSI Miami is good too but I can't stand Horatio always looking at the floor when talking to someone. Are his lines on the floor because he can't memorize them? Plus why does he always tilt his head to the side when he actually does look up? I think one of those shows need a Hung Angel as a CSI investigator. Imagine Yasmin Lee taking Sara Sidle's spot on CSI Vegas!

MacShreach
12-22-2007, 04:05 PM
I can't stand Horatio always looking at the floor when talking to someone. Are his lines on the floor because he can't memorize them? Plus why does he always tilt his head to the side when he actually does look up?

I thought for a while he'd been doing some study and was trying to portray a typically shifty mid-rank cop (long-term observers of the scene in real life know the only difference between the cops and the robbers is who's paying them) but that doesn't fit the "Jim Square but Fair" character, so I think he's just hamming it.

MacShreach
12-22-2007, 04:12 PM
NCIS.

I've watched that a few times and while it's a stock cop show with very a minor twist, it has some genuinely great acting and it's well directed. There's not a weak player in that cast, which makes up for the sometimes pretty foregone-conclusion plots.

OKAY--while on this subject, NCIS, what was the actor who plays Dr Mallard formerly the man from? (And where does he come from? :lol:) C'mon, you fuckerz, it's Christmas, time for the trivia quizzes.

iloveshemales77
12-22-2007, 04:19 PM
U.N.C.L.E.!!!

had me a toy gun as a kid, just like the one the dynamic duo had on TV :) :)

MacShreach
12-22-2007, 04:20 PM
U.N.C.L.E.!!!

Give that man a coconut!

EDIT to add pix

iloveshemales77
12-22-2007, 04:31 PM
Ahh, heres one: What does U.N.C.L.E. stand for?
(btw, I.K. came from Russia or the Soviet Union as it was then)

MacShreach
12-22-2007, 04:38 PM
(btw, I.K. came from Russia or the Soviet Union as it was then)

I gonna give them a coupla mins 'fore I answer that q :lol:

You're right in that Illya Kuryakin was from the USSR but David McCallum, the actor, is actually from Glasgow. We get everywhere.... :D

It was considered quite risque to have a Soviet lead character at the time, at the height of the Cold War, but in fact it was a huge success. I was a bit surprised the first time I met some real Russians that they didn't have that Kelvinside accent. (J/K)

MacShreach
12-22-2007, 04:42 PM

Nobody else playing?

IIRC it stands for "United Network Command for Law Enforcement."

Where was the HQ?

iloveshemales77
12-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Seems like we're the only people old enough here to remember that TV show. :-(

I didn't know that David McCallum hailed from Glasgow, thanks for that snippet of trivia Mac.
As to the HQ...city begins with a G as well I think.

timxxx
12-22-2007, 04:53 PM

+1

People grow up and watch The Wire

iloveshemales77
12-22-2007, 04:58 PM
same HQ as my erstwhile favourite show: "The Champions" with the delectable Alexandra Bastedo!
GENEVA!

Trogdor
12-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Never cared for crime shows, court shows, law shows, doctor show, and so on.

Fuck, each Saturday night 1 at AM until 3 months ago, I could catch some Star Trek Remastered to enjoy on ABC, and they replaced it with 'The Shield' one of the few times I switch on the TV these days got messed up with yet another stupid police show.

Hard to find any good sci-fi on TV that's not on cable. >_<;

Dino Velvet
12-23-2007, 12:28 AM
1) Law & Order: SVU
2) Law & Order: CI(Mainly when D'Ornofrio/Erbe on)
3) Law & Order(Back This January on NBC w/CI)
4) CSI: Las Vegas
5) CSI: NY
6) CSI: Miami(Cheesier than the cheesiest cheese!)

I've always liked all the Law & Orders except the Trial by Jury one. I've stuck through all of the casting changes and never miss an episode even with CI hidden on USA Network. I've always been partial to the Law & Orders to the CSIs which I feel are style over substance. I also like Criminal Minds better than any of the CSIs.

Who out there can defend their liking of CSI: Miami unless it's a so bad it's good kind of way? David Caruso does to drama what Pauly Shore does to comedy.

Best Cop Show On Television: THE SHIELD

Trogdor
12-23-2007, 01:00 AM
Best Cop Show On Television: THE SHIELD

:crap

loSTdoLLbaBY
12-23-2007, 01:20 AM
I like CSI barbeque flavor (Miami)

something about the shots of the city with the wonderful golden filters they must use- oh and how the red head guy ask questions with his head all cocked waaaaay to the side while dramaticly removing his sunglasses...

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o294/BadHatHarry15/CaineH1-1.jpg

Dino Velvet
12-23-2007, 01:44 AM
I like CSI barbeque flavor (Miami)

Then you are going to love this, my friend.

CSI Miami - Endless Caruso One Liners
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sarYH0z948

http://davidcarusorevealed.blogspot.com/

loSTdoLLbaBY
12-23-2007, 01:59 AM
Thank you so much Dino, that was.....

*puts on sunglasses*

fantastic!

" Yaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! "

Dino Velvet
12-23-2007, 05:40 AM
Thank you so much Dino, that was.....

*puts on sunglasses*

fantastic!

" Yaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! "

Not a problem Mr. loSTdoLLbaBY. It's.....

*puts on sunglasses*

.....what I do.

" Yaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! "

xrey
12-23-2007, 05:43 AM
Which opening music sequence do you enjoy - the CSI / The Who or the Law & Order Orignal Music?

BBaggins06
12-23-2007, 06:40 AM
Never watched any CSI on CBS due to a longstanding boycott. I've caught a few on SpikeTV aka CSITV. Long time L & O guy and the Criminal Intent version was always my favorite until this season on cable. The quality of writing went right into the toilet when they went to USA. SVU is OK and the original is my second favorite. Mahalo

Matt

TheOne1
12-23-2007, 07:43 AM
L&O...only cause i think the one detective on there is hot, only since i saw her on the show, otherwise i prolly wouldnt even think so..

http://forum.connpost.com/societyscene/27chmhpic.jpg

Dino Velvet
12-23-2007, 07:51 AM
Which opening music sequence do you enjoy - the CSI / The Who or the Law & Order Orignal Music?

As a lifetime fan of classic/hard rock n roll, I like Sabbath, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Stones, and The Doors but I never liked The Who for some reason. When I watch CSI, I always fast-forward through the theme music. So I guess my vote goes to the 3 slightly different Law & Order themes.

Ever see Will Arnett playing air guitar and flute for the Law & Order theme when he was on Conan O'Brien? Classic TV.

alpha2117
12-23-2007, 07:54 AM
SVU is the best of the shows nominated - the characterisation and acting is stronger than the others (no slight on the others).

loSTdoLLbaBY
12-23-2007, 10:24 AM
I am not a Mr.

(dino that was mean)

mbf
12-23-2007, 01:03 PM
The only one I like is Miami and that's only because if the references it makes to Miami Vice.....(Michael Mann fan here.)

Michael Mann is doing good stuff.

"Heat" was great,

so was "Red Dragon"

and "Collateral"

mtbazz
12-23-2007, 03:01 PM
"CSI whatever is one of the most sensationalist, shallow, effect-ridden, wits-lacking, on-behalf-of-bushism"

ok, i can understand not liking the show, but how exactly does george bush figure into it...

Im pretty much into all the CSI shows, they are pure entertainment, not documentaries after all.

mbf
12-23-2007, 03:22 PM
"CSI whatever is one of the most sensationalist, shallow, effect-ridden, wits-lacking, on-behalf-of-bushism"

ok, i can understand not liking the show, but how exactly does george bush figure into it...

Because it pretty easily de-sensitzes YOU to all the surveillance BS technologies that Bush and his buddies do like so much.

mtbazz
12-23-2007, 06:27 PM
I find that kind of a stretch, but I can see how the weak minded and uneducated in society could be influenced by shows like that.

xrey
12-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Entertainment ... remember, the shows are entertainment and not political pulpits, documentaries, or a form of education. Folks really need to lighten up a bit and chill. Smoke a joint, have a drink, jack off, whatever the cure for everyone's uptight bitchy mightier than thou perspectives on this form.

CORVETTEDUDE
12-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Law & Order / SVU....I say no more!

Leverage87
12-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Law & Order SVU is my favorite, although Criminal Intent is pretty good too.

Dino Velvet
12-23-2007, 11:35 PM
I am not a Mr.

(dino that was mean)

Sorry, ma'am, no harm intended. I couldn't tell by your user name.

loSTdoLLbaBY
12-24-2007, 08:10 AM
I am not a Mr.

(dino that was mean)

Sorry, ma'am, no harm intended. I couldn't tell by your user name.

you're forgiven- but FYI that's my picture in my avatar- that's me

(the other morning with my cameraphone)