PDA

View Full Version : Happy solstice

tsmandy
12-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Well today is a day for celebration, tonight is the longest night of the year around these parts, and that means that the sun is on its way back.

Anyone else mark the solstice? I'll be going to a celebration and play party this evening.

xoxo

ed_jaxon
12-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Thanks for reminding us Mandy that this rough winter is half over.

Days start getting longer now.

MacShreach
12-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Well today is a day for celebration, tonight is the longest night of the year around these parts, and that means that the sun is on its way back.

Anyone else mark the solstice? I'll be going to a celebration and play party this evening.

xoxo

Yes! Happy Yule!

Night Rider
12-21-2007, 09:38 PM

haven't heard of it :?

have a good one anyway :mrgreen:

Tomfurbs
12-21-2007, 09:44 PM
I used to live in Edinburgh, which has a pretty big pagan scene, what with the Beltane festival and all. I have a few friends who take it pretty seriously, and are celibrating the solstice.

Me, I'll stick with the fat bloke in a flaming red suit and rampant consumerism. Thats the true meaning of the season. :)

Who reckons Santa is a tranny Chaser?
I mean, he's been 'married' to Mrs Claus for a long time and they haven't had any children, just a lot of adopted elves. Mrs Claus is blatantly a HA.

trish
12-21-2007, 10:01 PM

xoxo

more time for doing the hot and nasty with my lover.

have a good one mandy.

tsmandy
12-22-2007, 05:23 AM
My fav is the Vernal Equinox how about you?

I've never really thought about seasons like that. I've had some really important moments on winter solstice's of previous years, and its such a comforting notion, that the days are going to be longer.

ILuvGurls
12-22-2007, 06:33 AM
Thanks for reminding us Mandy that this rough winter is half over.

Days start getting longer now.

this day is the start of winter......but you are right the days do start getting longer.

ps---must say Mandy your new avatar is top notch.

Ecstatic
12-22-2007, 06:42 AM
Happy Solstice...Yule...Christmas...Chanukah...Bodhi Day...Mithra's Birthday...it's a great time of year for celebrations!!

Felicia Katt
12-22-2007, 07:31 AM
what I love is that from here on until June, every day has just a little bit more daylight. I hate these bleak, short barren days.

FK

CORVETTEDUDE
12-22-2007, 08:53 AM
Happy Solstice!!!! It's also my sons birthday....

justatransgirl
12-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Hi Mandy - I'm with you - mark it on my calendar every year. Summer and Winter.

And happy birthday to your son Corvettedude. I STILL want you to bend me over that car!

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

CORVETTEDUDE
12-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Hi Mandy - I'm with you - mark it on my calendar every year. Summer and Winter.

And happy birthday to your son Corvettedude. I STILL want you to bend me over that car!

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

Jamie...Consider it a date, but you may have to wait for this one to show up....