PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Pet Peeves While Driving

Dino Velvet
12-21-2007, 10:59 AM
When you are driving in your car, what irritates you the most about the people you share the traffic with?

Here's my list.
1) Old People - they insist on driving even though they know they shouldn't. When they hurt or kill someone with their gigantic sedan, they accept as little responsibilty as possible and say the gas pedal got stuck.
2) People talking on cell phones or intentionally distracting themselves with other tasks instead of paying attention to the road.
3) For some reason, people that get paid to do nothing other than just drive(bus drivers, cabbies, tow truck drivers, chauffers) are the worst drivers. If I had a dime for everytime an MTA bus cut me off I'd be rich.
4) Obnoxious drivers who pull blatantly rude shit. When you pull next to them at the red light and glare, they put as much energy as they can muster to pretend not to see you.
5) Mothers, since they have kids, feeling it's legal for them to double park at the school to pick up their little rugrats.
6) Not drivers, but people who look like they don't have a legal right to be in this country, directing traffic in the middle of the street so a truck can back up. If I get into an accident, do I forward my bills to Felipe Calderón?

Hypothesis
12-21-2007, 11:05 AM
I have to agree with everything you wrote but have to add one thing from the nyc side. People that stand in the middle of the street trying to hail a cab and get mad at me driving down the lane and beeping at them so as I dont run them over and get hit with manslaughter charge while driving to work.....

Dino Velvet
12-21-2007, 11:09 AM
I have to agree with everything you wrote but have to add one thing from the nyc side. People that stand in the middle of the street trying to hail a cab and get mad at me driving down the lane and beeping at them so as I dont run them over and get hit with manslaughter charge while driving to work.....

I think I saw on the news that hailing a cab is actually illegal in Los Angeles.

justatransgirl
12-21-2007, 11:15 AM
HEY - so what's so wrong about talking on the cell - a girls gotta make a date... and since I'm always late to my dates, I have to dry my fingernails out the window while using my knees to steer and applying mascarra with the other hand .

And because I'm usually distracted by the GPS, DVD, Cell phone, applying makeup, etc - I often have to cross 6 lanes of freeway traffic in 300 feet so I don't miss my exit and or make a left turn from the right lane.

Hey - blame it on the hormones...

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

PS - Can I get a handicapped parking tag for being transsexual?

Dino Velvet
12-21-2007, 11:29 AM
HEY - so what's so wrong about talking on the cell - a girls gotta make a date... and since I'm always late to my dates, I have to dry my fingernails out the window while using my knees to steer and applying mascarra with the other hand.

My ex-girfriend was addicted to that damn cell phone. She would have all of these facinating conversations with her bubblehead friends and seemed confused what all that activity was in front of her windshield. I took my life in my hands every time I got in the car with her.

We broke up a couple of years ago but still have remained friends. She has gotten into several accidents since then. She would call to tell me about it and after I found out she wasn't hurt, I'd ask, "You weren't on the cell phone, were you?" She'd reply, "Shut up!" She just never learns.

KiraHarden
12-21-2007, 12:35 PM
People who smoke weed and thinks its a forever red lite.

The fool who knows walks in front of you on porpose and walks like a turtle and pretends he doesnt see you. :x

People in a hurry driving 60 in a 35 and you catch them at the red light anyway... Idiots :lol:

OH and the guys who drive bye, and beep horn and hang out window as if they never saw boobs before.. I had a moron check me out and then he hit a car on a left hand turn.. :roll:

They just passed a law in Wisconsin that if you get in a accident they will run your cell phone records to see if you were on phone at time of accident, if so a hefty fine, and if someone is killed or seriously hurt... Jail time...

Trogdor
12-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Old folks driving cars the size of tanks....and seeing nothing but knuckles and blue hair over the dashboard.

Police breaking every traffic rule there is......they want us to follow the laws....they gotta do the same smeggin's shit.

Michigan's infamous for terrible roads.....the roads here look like as if it's Mars....the cratored side, anyhow.

People do not seem to either stop at astop sign, or turn left. Outta put break lights on the front of the car to see if they even stop at that son of a bitch :P

Caff_Racer
12-21-2007, 01:23 PM
1) People talking on mobile phones. Get a fucking hands-free system fitted to your bloody car!

2) People sending text messages or playing games on their mobile while driving.

3) People who, on seeing that the bit of fast lane adjacent to their cage is occupied by a motorbike, move out anyway and force said motorcycle up against the cetral partition while looking at you in the eye with a smug and superior look on their face. Last time someone did that to me their car shed a door mirror (having carbon-fibre knuckle protections on yer gloves is wonderful... :D ) and developed a rather large dent in the rear wing...

4) People at intersections who, on seeing that a bike is approaching, wait until THE LAST FUCKING MINUTE to pull out and cut across your bows.

5) People who turn a) without using their indicators or b) use the opposite indicator (left turn/right-hand-side indicator).

6) People who suddenly pull a hefty u-turn without looking to see if anyone is coming up behind them and without using the approriate indicator.

7) People who'll rather have their knackers shrive lup and drop off than be passed by a motorbike. They wait until you're level with their rear wing/door and then pull out aggressively to try to run you off the road...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'll stop for now, but the list is endless when you're a bikie...

cheers!

Wombat
12-21-2007, 03:52 PM
I've got a V8, so straight up I hate speed limits.

Dickheads that attempt to make an extra lane in city traffic where no lane exists.

When people pass you when you are doing the speed limit then slow down after they have done so.

NYTSJulie
12-21-2007, 04:10 PM
People not passing in the left hand lane. I left hand lane was designer to pass people on the right, not just an extra lane for you to go at your own pace.

Night Rider
12-21-2007, 04:12 PM
women drivers...end of story

especially the ones that continue to fix their make-up when the lights have turned green

NYTSJulie
12-21-2007, 04:20 PM

especially the ones that continue to fix their make-up when the lights have turned green

I can drive a car while having 2 cells phones going one on each ear, smoking a cig, drinking a cup of coffee fixing my make-up all at the same time while driving 75mph on the LIE.

Night Rider
12-21-2007, 04:23 PM

I can drive a car while having 2 cells phones going one on each ear, smoking a cig, drinking a cup of coffee fixing my make-up all at the same time while driving 75mph on the LIE.

Now that is multi-tasking :P

Quinn
12-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Driving is one of the few things that can really get me nuts these days, particularly when it relates to the following:

1) People who don't understand that the left lane is the passing lane. If I have to pass you on the right, it's because you're going too fucking slow and don't understand the rules of the road. Pull the fuck over to the right lane when you see me coming up behind you in the left lane. Better yet, run yourself into a tree and save everyone the trouble of having to deal with your chromosomally defective ass (huge problem here in Georgia).

2) People who jump into your lane, cutting you off close to the bumper, without so much as a blinker flash to warn you. If you’re interested in receiving a little impromptu dental work, this is the move for you.

-Quinn

Jericho
12-21-2007, 05:21 PM
People who don't indicate [or leave it to the very last second] and tailgaters - I'm going the limit as it is. I'm not getting a ticket for your lead foot, leather arse!

eggbert
12-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Driving is one of the few things that can really get me nuts these days, particularly when it relates to the following:

1) People who don't understand that the left lane is the passing lane. If I have to pass you on the right, it's because you're going too fucking slow and don't understand the rules of the road. Pull the fuck over to the right lane when you see me coming up behind you in the left lane.

-Quinn

I'd like to "Easy Rider" these people

glenntinnyc
12-21-2007, 05:37 PM
here we go in no particular order

Cell phone abuse
Going slow in the left lane
going in and out of the hov lane an yje LIE in areas you are not supposed tp
During morning rush hour actually seeing people read the paper while driving
women applying makeup while driving
tailgating
leaving you indicators on
Highlights in your mirror
landscape/construcyion trucks that dont cover there beds and spew shit allover your new car ruining the paint
all cabbies in the city
women is a bit general so here we go non pc but so true asain women, go drive in flushing if you dont believe me
and lastly what i call the pussy effect, whereby u get cutoff tailgated etc, then given the finger only to catch said person roll your window down politely ask if that finger was intended for another person and get the ubiquitous" huh, no, ohh i didnt do that blah blah bitch ass answer.

I refrain from commenting on old people on LI and in rural areas since there is little public transportation but for gods sake in the city take a bus or subway and save someone's life

, driving is a priveledge not a right,

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-21-2007, 06:08 PM
People eating while driving
http://img2.travelblog.org/Photos/11240/42884/t/226966-Adka-eating-and-driving-yea--it-is-a-scary-thought-1.jpg

People eating while driving and talking on the phone
http://image.importtuner.com/f/editorials/ca-cell-phone-driving-law/6445521+w315+cr1+re0+ar1/driving-on-cell-phone-and-eating.jpg

People passing gas while driving: folks can't concentrate when they lay a stink bomb in their own car, even with the windows rolled down that shit is like Napalm

I'm not trying to be sexist but: women under 5'4" driving any SUV with a 3-4" lift off the ground. If you need a phonebook or the power motors lifted to the max to see over the dash, sell that shit and buy an Accord

Women doing makeup while driving
http://www.edmunds.com/media/ownership/driving/multitasking.mania/lipstick.pucker.500.jpg

Men or women doing their hair: last night I had to blow my horn 2 times because this simp in front of me was combing his fuckin hair every stop sign

and this might not fit this thread BUT

idiots that put on a turn signal to go one way............................and go another
http://bp3.blogger.com/_NsjZT7T9Pdo/RtdzfmJEGHI/AAAAAAAAAxc/59YgsDaWGHk/s200/BADDRIVERS.jpg

trish
12-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Assholes who make me wait at an intersection just because they're too fucking lazy to use their turn-signal.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Women giving their man a blowjob on the West Side highway

Night Rider
12-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Assholes that drive with one arm straight holding the top of the steering wheel and the other hanging out the window.

Drivers that are so close to the frontscreen window that they can nearly see their front tyres (usually aged 65 and over)

ottorocket
12-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Pious ass Prious drivers who putter along in the carpool lanes at the speed limit to maximize their marginal rate of efficiency. MOVE THE FUCK OVER!!!! Prious drivers piss me off more than anything, there is almost are a genotype to describe the typical driver.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Drivers that can't afford their cars, and they put folks like us at risk due to their engine seizing, their brakes failing, their t-tops flying off the roof, their convertible roof accidentally lifting up while braking because they had to spend money on anything else but car maintenance.

Dino Velvet
12-21-2007, 11:55 PM
Here's one I forgot. I hate when I'm in the left turn lane that just has the green light but not the green arrow. The guy in the front spot just sits there when the light turns green and doesn't inch out toward the middle. Just seems like his only concern is that he makes the light. When I am in the front spot, I go almost all the way out to the middle so myself and the 2 cars behind me can make the light. Teamwork people!

KiraHarden
12-21-2007, 11:58 PM
People who dont know they can turn right on a red light unless other wise posted... :shock:

Dino Velvet
12-22-2007, 12:03 AM
People who dont know they can turn right on a red light unless other wise posted... :shock:

That too. They look at you like you're a jerk when you honk at them. There's no traffic at all and they still won't go.

crayons
12-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Stupid people. I have a very low tolerance for stupidity (I'm sure you can tell). Crowds. I'm in support of population control. If there is a bill for this please send me a link.

People that nervously tap their foot when their sitting. Seriously- this is beyond annoying.

Anyone that chews loudly- it's fucking annoying. People that live in apartments but have pets- or homeless people with pets. It doesn't even make sense. Animals need lots of room to play and move around- confining them to small spaces is extremely frustrating to the animal. I'm always pleased when I hear about someone mauled by their pet.
Bad movies- which pretty much includes anything hollywood like that joke I Am Legend.

Ugly people- I like few of them, and I know it's not your fault you're ugly but seriously, having to look at you is annoying. Sorry.

Tanuki
12-22-2007, 12:07 AM
It seems less and less people give a shit about turn signals..
They think it means ,, they should speed up and pass you on the right instead of letting you in.. its super dangerous.. particularly if you are trying to exit off a highway..

Tanuki
12-22-2007, 12:09 AM
crayons, are you a real girl?? thats fucking awesome.! i know there was a thread about this.. but i dont pay attention to everything here ..

bassman2546
12-22-2007, 01:36 AM
For me? The following in no particular order of annoyance:

1) Shitty parking jobs. Lines are there for a reason, dipshit!
2) Parking in front of the coffee shop outside the door rather than in a spot just because "you won't be in there very long". What made you so fucking special!
3) Blocking traffic to back into a parking spot. Back out like everyone else, stupid fuck!
4) Texting while driving. This is a form of impaired driving, fuckers! There's no way you register what you see when you glance up from your fucking phone for a split second. What is so important that you have to say to your bum buddy while risking the lives of others as well as your pathetic own life!
5) People driving below the speed limit in non-passing zones. This warrants a ticket just as much as speeders.
6) School buses not pulling over to let the endless line of traffic by that they have created.
7) People stopping (out of courtesy) in multi-lane traffic to allow me to make a left-hand turn into multi-lane traffic while other lanes of traffic continue to blast through, then getting pissed off that I don't take them up on their offer and kill myself in the process. Idiots! You have the right of way, not me!

You ever want to know how good a driver is? Watch him/her with a shopping cart in the grocery store. That will tell you plenty.
5)

Willie Escalade
12-22-2007, 02:28 AM
If you're blinking to change lanes, I'll let you over. But don't poke along causing a backup behind you. Speed the fuck up! Don't do 55 in the number one lane; go the flow of traffic!

I also hate cab drivers. That's why I drove my own car up to San Francisco. Those who drive through Glendale should know what I mean.

When there's an accident on the side of the road, ignore it!

Driving at the airport can be a pain in the ass as well.

Pedestrians, you'd better be in a crosswalk or an area where it is legal to cross the street. I don't yield to jaywalkers.

Lastly, since I do drive a bus in Los Angeles, the reason we cut a lot of people off is because you do the same to us. Don't like it, huh?! When you see us blinking to get over, just let us over. We're not going to be in front of you forever. I mean, we do have to make stops once in awhile. While you're at it, don't park in our designated bus zones. That's the number one reason why we block traffic picking up passengers in the first place...because we know once we're in that zone, no one is going to let us out unless...we cut off someone.

Quinn
12-22-2007, 02:55 AM

1) People who don't understand that the left lane is the passing lane. If I have to pass you on the right, it's because you're going too fucking slow and don't understand the rules of the road. Pull the fuck over to the right lane when you see me coming up behind you in the left lane.

-Quinn

I'd like to "Easy Rider" these people

LOL... My favorite tactic, when I have the time and inclination, is to get in front of them and go slow – and I’m talking real, real slow. Then, when they try and go around me, I'll speed in front of them and do it again, never letting them from behind me until I feel that I've made my point.

-Quinn

Wombat
12-22-2007, 05:41 AM
Pious ass Prious drivers who putter along in the carpool lanes at the speed limit to maximize their marginal rate of efficiency. MOVE THE FUCK OVER!!!! Prious drivers piss me off more than anything, there is almost are a genotype to describe the typical driver.

They are the Volvo drivers of the new millenia... :wink:

Felicia Katt
12-22-2007, 07:27 AM
As George Carlin said, everyone who drives slower than you is a moron and every one who drives faster than you is a maniac

that being said, people who don't drive at the flow of traffic in the fast lane, for whatever reason are the ones who annoy me the most. Don't be a moron and save yourself from the maniacs and move over to the right to another lane

FK

cp3rb25
12-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Smokers who smoke with the window down. Just because you don't want the smoke in your vehicle doesn't mean I want to inhale it.

I don't know if that makes sense or not. But I did not see that posted yet so there it is now

Willie Escalade
12-24-2007, 11:20 AM
That goes for turning left onto one way streets as well. For those in LA, think northbound Main St. onto westbound 5th St.

lust4ts
12-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Not having a hot girl that lives under my front seat to play with my nuts while I drive :lol:

arnie666
12-24-2007, 11:49 AM
1 even though by law in the UK you must give way to a bus pulling out , you still get muppets in a hurry trying to overtake you and the double decker on very busy roads.Are they suicidal? the jurys out.

2 speed cameras. I notice where I live they never place them by schools or in suburban streets but on dual carriage ways esp on a down hill part. Most of the time they are not there to save lives but to make money. Why don't instead of cameras invest in more traffic Police as there is all sorts of dangerous behaviour on the road that goes on punished.

3 Cyclists with no feckiing lights :evil:

4 People who don't understand roundabouts.

5 Sunday drivers.Why is it that peoples driving ability is much worse on Sunday? Do they give cars to loonys on Sunday for good behaviour or what?