PDA

View Full Version : Are you a perfectionist?

canihavu
12-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Although perfectionism seems like a good trait to have, psychologists quoted by The New York Times say that, in extreme cases, it can lead to eating disorders, depression, and suicidal behavior. '"It’s natural for people to want to be perfect in a few things, say in their job — being a good editor or surgeon depends on not making mistakes," said Gordon L. Flett, a psychology professor at York University and an author of many of the studies. "It’s when it generalizes to other areas of life, home life, appearance, hobbies, that you begin to see real problems."'

Are you a perfectionist?

Quinn
12-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Yes, in everything I do.

-Quinn

Night Rider
12-13-2007, 07:09 PM
I was torn between No, not really and Yes, somwhat. It all depends on what I'm doing.

ottorocket
12-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Yes i'm a perfectionist, but i don't demand it from others

thx1138
12-13-2007, 11:38 PM
I was until I joined HA.

Falrune
12-14-2007, 01:00 AM
I said "Yes, somewhat." It seemed like the perfect answer... LOL :D

Night Rider
12-14-2007, 01:02 AM
I'm only a perfectionist in the bedroom...

MrsKellyPierce
12-14-2007, 01:04 AM
On certain things. Like my stage shows, I can be kind of a diva to some of my dancers if they fuck up on a move during a performance. It's about the only time I get the diva attitude lol and I get ten times more mad if I fuck a move up myself.

AllanahStarrNYC
12-14-2007, 01:05 AM
Yes- with myself.

Hence why I am never fully satisfied with anything I do.

Not with others though- well, unless they work for me

stillies77
12-14-2007, 01:05 AM
no...life is too fuckin short.

ImpulZ
12-14-2007, 01:09 AM
No ImpulZ is not a perfectionist :D

Fox
12-14-2007, 01:10 AM
It depends on what I'm doing, but generally no.

Jericho
12-14-2007, 02:09 AM
Hardly!

trish
12-14-2007, 02:26 AM
my job is to pay excruciating attention to detail...and to get EVERYTHING right. what i do is the paradigm of perfection. lucky for me, i'm able to apply a different set of standards in my more personal affairs. i play piano and i'm happy to lousy at it. when hanging out online, i often fail to use capitals. i'm not even sure if it's "capitals" or "capitols"...well, i'm pretty sure it's "capitals", but i'm not such a perfectionist that i'm going to go look it up.

okay...i'm going to go look that up now.

lust4ts
12-14-2007, 03:08 AM
When it comes to my writing I am a perfectionist, I spend hours rewriting things that I have already written. Other things probably not to so much, apart from making sure my hair is perfect when I go to a club :wink:

NYTSJulie
12-15-2007, 10:14 PM
I am a perfectionist, friends call me OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), lol. Especially with having a clean house. I like everything in its place, I vacuum everyday, you could eat off my floors.

ImpulZ
12-15-2007, 10:16 PM
I am a perfectionist, friends call me OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), lol. Especially with having a clean house. I like everything in its place, I vacuum everyday, you could eat off my floors.

:shock: 8)

BADAZZBODY
12-15-2007, 10:56 PM
HALF AND HALF..I NEED A BALANCE OF BOTH PROFECTION AND IMPERFECTION..IT GIVES U SOMETHING TO WORK ON UNTIL U GET IT RIGHT TO SATISFY U..I THINK HAVING EVERYTHING PERFECT ALL THE TIME AT THAT MOMENT WOULD BE HELLA STRESSFUL AND MAJORLY DEPRESSING..BUT IMPROVING ON THINGS TO SATISFY ONE SELF IS GOOD AND HEALTY..ANYTHING CAN BE IMPROVED SO NOFFIN IS NEVER PERFECT..EXCEPT FOR A TEST SCORE..LOL

justatransgirl
12-16-2007, 05:01 AM
Yes, I give the perfect blow job...

And I will be happy to show any and all cummers...

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

BBaggins06
12-16-2007, 05:35 AM

Well, there are lots of other things I'd rather do on your floors and you'd have to clean them for a while. ;) Mahalo

Matt

alex97
12-16-2007, 07:43 AM
i think i depends on what ur doing if its something ur good at or take pide in u want 2 be the very best at what u do. but if its something u dont care about most people including myself half ass it!

themaster
12-16-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm in school right now to work in television someday, As A final project I was suppose to produce a TV Show for 30 min. During a rehearsal before we taped I asked for the cameras to be calibrated again because the colors were off. There was a screaming match because everybody thought I was nuts. When we switched all the output of the cameras to color values on and compared it to the official color bars, the colors were notable that they were off, including the red. Once they were corrected it was smooth sailing from there.[/i]

Hara_Juku Tgirl
12-16-2007, 09:18 AM
I actually am somewhat of a perfectionist. At home, I want everything to be neat and in order. I cannot relax if things are all over the place. Bed should be made daily. I hate wrinkles on my bedsheets and or clothes. LOL The dining table must be polished, no dirty dishes in the sink etc. Just how I was raised. Unless of course, I am sick then..those things could wait. LOL ;)

~Kisses.

HTG