PDA

View Full Version : Monogamy

juliana_dominguez
12-11-2007, 01:21 AM
as posted from the other forum i go to. i want HA insights on this topic. :D

-----

I was just wondering about monogamy and why a lot of us look for it and why others don't believe in monogamy. The matter about being monogamist does it have to do with religion or with any other element? Is monogamy the ultimate right thing to practice? Are human beings monogamist by nature? What I mostly want to know through your opinions is what has made people follow monogamy and if they aren't they are pointed out as cheaters and dirty and other negative adjectives.

Discuss.

mbf
12-11-2007, 01:31 AM
my and other members take on the subject:

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=26328

juliana_dominguez
12-11-2007, 01:32 AM
haha shouldve checked the search option

youcancallmeclaire
12-11-2007, 01:33 AM
If loving boundlessly is dirty, I don't ever want to be clean.

ImpulZ
12-11-2007, 01:45 AM
monogamy is cool when you really love someone...... 8)

Quinn
12-11-2007, 01:51 AM
IMO, monogamy is largely an illusion perpetuated by collective insecurity and jealousy.

-Quinn

youcancallmeclaire
12-11-2007, 01:52 AM
IMO, monogamy is largely an illusion perpetuated by collective insecurity and jealousy.

-Quinn

IAWTC wholeheartedly.

BeardedOne
12-11-2007, 01:55 AM
my and other members take on the subject:

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=26328

Yup, my reply's there. :)

haha shouldve checked the search option

We'll give you a pass.

This time. :wink:

ImpulZ
12-11-2007, 02:00 AM

-Quinn

there you got a point,,,I think really that jealousy playing a big part in monogamy.

I noticed it from my self when i fall in love on a girl :)

youcancallmeclaire
12-11-2007, 02:06 AM
there you got a point,,,I think really that jealousy playing a big part in monogamy.

I noticed it from my self when i fall in love on a girl :)

You fell on her? That's clumsiness, not jealousy.

ImpulZ
12-11-2007, 02:10 AM
sorry my english is bad :oops: :)

bezane
12-11-2007, 02:17 AM
I like it Juliana. First because I've done the poly this and that, settling in is nicer. And second, it's become a necessity. Bareback sex is great. I mean great. And to not be able to enjoy it because you want to fuck around is not worth it. Old fashioned just got a lot more hornier.

I applaud you Juliana.

youcancallmeclaire
12-11-2007, 02:18 AM
sorry my english is bad :oops: :)

It's okay. :)
I saw the opportunity and I just had to go for it. :P

youcancallmeclaire
12-11-2007, 02:20 AM
I like it Juliana. First because I've done the poly this and that, settling in is nicer. And second, it's become a necessity. Bareback sex is great. I mean great. And to not be able to enjoy it because you want to fuck around is not worth it. Old fashioned just got a lot more hornier.

I applaud you Juliana.

You could always settle in a closed poly relationship.

Getting all the components to synchronize is the difficult part. :/

ImpulZ
12-11-2007, 02:20 AM
:lol: :wink:

juliana_dominguez
12-11-2007, 03:05 AM
I for one would want my relationship to be a monogamous one and I demand it from my man, being exclusive. It's a matter of feeling, I know how much it would hurt and imagining him with someone else would be so painful. I wouldn't be angry as much as hurt that he felt the need to go elsewhere. What is important i believe is the couple is compromising, fulfilled, feels secure, loving and caring, to one another... and if they aren't well, then we have a problem... drama. Therefore, monogamy is the only way for me in a long-term relationship.

ImpulZ
12-11-2007, 03:12 AM
I for one would want my relationship to be a monogamous one and I demand it from my man, being exclusive. It's a matter of feeling, I know how much it would hurt and imagining him with someone else would be so painful. I wouldn't be angry as much as hurt that he felt the need to go elsewhere. What is important i believe is the couple is compromising, fulfilled, feels secure, loving and caring, to one another... and if they aren't well, then we have a problem... drama. Therefore, monogamy is the only way for me in a long-term relationship.

Do you want to marry me :D :oops:

juliana_dominguez
12-11-2007, 03:14 AM

Do you want to marry me :D :oops:

i do have a boyfriend. i am in a monogamous ltr.

ImpulZ
12-11-2007, 03:18 AM
damned,your boyfriend is a lucky guy.... :D :wink:

youcancallmeclaire
12-11-2007, 03:20 AM

What if your man was with someone who you also loved? Maybe it's difficult for some people to put themselves in that situation... maybe I am just weird, but I think seeing two people who I love with all my heart loving eachother is the most beautiful thing in the world.

I mean... you know. As long as I don't get voted off the island. :?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-11-2007, 03:23 AM

-Quinn

One of the best replies I've ever read...................seriously. Well Said!

Show me 2 people that really love each other, will never look at another person of the opposite sex, who know how to make each other have a collection of various types of orgasms on a regular basis without growing tired of each other through the addition of bills, children, outside friendships, the internet, and work and I'll believe in monogamy.

MacShreach
12-11-2007, 03:27 AM

Honey, you are really lovely. But believe me when I tell you, monogamy is a facet of the early stage of a relationship. Ten-fifteen years makes the difference. It's not to be sad about, it's just the way it is.

juliana_dominguez
12-11-2007, 03:29 AM
awww now you guys scare me... :(

ImpulZ
12-11-2007, 03:32 AM

Honey, you are really lovely. But believe me when I tell you, monogamy is a facet of the early stage of a relationship. Ten-fifteen years makes the difference. It's not to be sad about, it's just the way it is.

so there is maybe a day that juliana and me will see each other :P :D

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-11-2007, 03:34 AM
not trying to scare you at all, in fact i wish you the best......... what you're doing is admirable, just understand it will take an incredible amount of work to accomplish, and you will have moments when you wonder if it's worth it, just push forward knowing you're doing the right thing...........

MacShreach
12-11-2007, 03:45 AM
awww now you guys scare me... :(

No, don't be sad and don't be afraid......It's just that people change. Love is about accommodating that. Live for now and .deal with that shit later,

juliana_dominguez
12-11-2007, 03:49 AM
being young and in love makes me soooo vulnerable to get hurt...

ImpulZ
12-11-2007, 03:53 AM

your right :D 8)

MacShreach
12-11-2007, 03:58 AM

Maybe, but live it, honey, live it. Every second. Feeling can hurt, but not feeling.......is not living.

ImpulZ
12-11-2007, 04:01 AM

Maybe, but live it, honey, live it. Every second. Feeling can hurt, but not feeling.......is not living.

nice words :wink:

juliana_dominguez
12-11-2007, 04:05 AM
it's just hard because my bf is just everything that i wanted for in a man, and i don't ever wanna lose him cause i know im never gunna find a man like him ever. love him sooo much.

trannybanger
12-11-2007, 04:17 AM

I was going to mention that myself, Mac you have definitely used that line to get laid at some point in your life.

ImpulZ
12-11-2007, 04:18 AM
you love your boyfriend at the moment.......but what over 10 years :roll:

ImpulZ
12-11-2007, 04:21 AM

I was going to mention that myself, Mac you have definitely used that line to get laid at some point in your life.

get a life :D :wink:

MacShreach
12-11-2007, 04:28 AM

Can't remember, it is certainly possible-- but it would not make it untrue anyway.

And to Juliana.... Just trust your feelings. I've known you a couple of years and apart from your inexplicable (to me) passion for Madonna, (JK) I think you're a very level-headed person. You won't go far wrong.

Trogdor
12-11-2007, 06:43 AM
As I mentioned on the other Forum Juliana goes to.

No. Why....here's why. I USED to think like that as a teenager in high school, but as I got turned down each time ( tried to get a date with at least 50 different girls over the 4 years time....NOT ONE SAID YES, getting the fuckin' "Friends speech* each time ) and seeing those girls, and other I tried as well run off with hoodlems and punkers. And having only one g/f during the 14 years since I tried to get a girl, ( the one i was with vanished along with her family...and did not tell me in advance or even say good bye ), I realized.....no more.....if I go monogumus with a chick should I have been lucky to find one, I could imagine her doing whatever to hurt or back stab me like others have done before.

So no, I will not be monogomus anymore.

I swear, I hope I don't end up with issues like Micheal Jackson or other crackpots. He became fucked up by a lack of childhood....me, I'm fucked up cause of a lack of a teenagehood.

A psychiatrist could make an award winning book based on my life alone. :?

Anyone else here dig?

I agree with your stuff, Clare

bezane
12-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Juliana....the part about being vulnerable and afraid of being hurt, well nothing ventured nothing gained. Don;t be the one to become jaded because of someone else's actions. Don't become one of the callous souls on this earth. So what. You get hurt, you bleed, you get better. You will grow to choose better.

The part about not being able to find another man like him, well, that might be hard to imagine now, but they're out there. No way at a young age you found the only one. You may of found one but not the only one.

Now the part about your boyfriend being so perfect. Do you have pictures to post> Because as you probably know most of us guys here are gay.

Good luck little darling.

mbf
12-11-2007, 11:21 AM

juliana,

no one wants to scare you I am sure. Its just as you wrote, you are young, enthusiastic about your love - something that is undoubtedly more difficult to have for a T than to have for a GG - and also maybe a little naive.

Please dont be offended, I am just telling from the perspective of an older guy ( recently turned 30.....). What you do is indeed admirable, but be also prepared for the day things might take a whole different route and the once felt love so intensely is no more - for whatever reason.

most of us have been there, hopefully you never will.