PDA

View Full Version : CHANGING YOUR MIND

wombat33
12-11-2007, 01:14 AM
WITH DUE RESPECT TO ALL THAT HAVE MADE THE BRAVE CHOICE TO TRANSITION:

DO GIRLS EVER TRANSITION BACK? MAYBE THEY FIND IT WAS NOT WHAT THEY WANTED IT TO BE OR WAS TOO HARD OR JUST DID NOT FEEL LIKE BEING A GIRL ANYMORE?

I AM CURIOUS. HOPE IT HAS NOT BEEN A THREAD BEFORE.

youcancallmeclaire
12-11-2007, 01:37 AM
It has happened to a couple of my friends. It was sad to see the people I knew (and loved) disappear and be replaced by a strange foreign boy creatures... but if that is what they truly desire.. I can't do anything but support them.

I just hope that they make the right decision. I always fear that they might just be hiding in denial and hurting still on the inside.

youcancallmeclaire
12-11-2007, 01:39 AM
All three of them had been on hormones for apx a year when they decided to go back, btw.

juliana_dominguez
12-11-2007, 01:46 AM
i do have friends that did that, started transitioning very young, hormones, they're very girly, but as we grow older, they did leave transitioning behind and just be a gay man, they said, being transgender is not for them in the first place, so i figured out that yea, growing up with them i thought we we're all the same, ya know? transgenders, but some of them took a different path and i continued to transitioning cause this is what i wanted and i took all the courage with it.

BeardedOne
12-11-2007, 01:57 AM
It happens. Rare, but it happens. The most well-known one in this venue is Lisa Lawer.

wombat33
12-11-2007, 05:23 AM
It has happened to a couple of my friends. It was sad to see the people I knew (and loved) disappear and be replaced by a strange foreign boy creatures... but if that is what they truly desire.. I can't do anything but support them.

I just hope that they make the right decision. I always fear that they might just be hiding in denial and hurting still on the inside.

Thanks for sharing. Interesting. Yeah, you have to hope it brings them happiness.

wombat33
12-11-2007, 05:24 AM
i do have friends that did that, started transitioning very young, hormones, they're very girly, but as we grow older, they did leave transitioning behind and just be a gay man, they said, being transgender is not for them in the first place, so i figured out that yea, growing up with them i thought we we're all the same, ya know? transgenders, but some of them took a different path and i continued to transitioning cause this is what i wanted and i took all the courage with it.

Thank you for sharing also. I hope they are happier as gay men. P.S. you are a cutie. Have not seen you before.

bilko
12-11-2007, 06:09 AM

wow how cute are you?
sorry just had to say it :)

TrueBeauty TS
12-11-2007, 06:15 AM

DO GIRLS EVER TRANSITION BACK? MAYBE THEY FIND IT WAS NOT WHAT THEY WANTED IT TO BE OR WAS TOO HARD OR JUST DID NOT FEEL LIKE BEING A GIRL ANYMORE?

I know one or two that went back. There used to be a thing called a RLT (Real Life Test) that doctors used to suggest to would-be transsexuals. Basically, before they would do SRS on a person, they wanted that person to live full time in the would-be sex for a year or two. The hope was to see if things worked out or not. Sometimes it did, other times, things were worse. I actually think it takes MORE guts to try it and go back. It's easy for people to look at them like a loser. "Oh, that person couldn't cut it as a tranny." But I think if they try both ways and see that the first was was the right way, then that's great they found out before it was too late.

Nowadays, it seems many more girls are either waiting longer for SRS or not interested in SRS altogether, so you don't hear too much about those RLTs anymore.

As for me... I sometimes wonder what my life would have been if I stayed a boy. That's assuming that I could have lived as a boy. I had some pretty dark times before I transitioned. I haven't had any of those kind of days since then, so I take that as I made the right choice.

But now and then, I think about choices that maybe I could have/ should have made.

Nowhere
12-11-2007, 08:12 AM
I believe Lisa Lawler and Debora Dimillan have both detransitioned.

suckseed
12-11-2007, 09:41 AM
I like your current av Ari. You look happy, interesting and, to quote some movie, "not someone with whom to fuck!"

justatransgirl
12-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Post-op conversation with her doctor after the operation...

"DOCTOR - WHAT THE #%&*@$% DID YOU DO TO ME? I was here for a penis EXTENSION!"

So far I know three "girls" who've gone back to living as men. I find it confusing, because while being a woman sucks a lot (and being trans can suck more) I can't imagine un-transitioning.

I think some people confuse sexual interests with gender dysphoria. They transition without proper education and information. I have been amazed at how many girls in transition don't have a clue about what they are doing. I've talked to numerous girls who have never heard of the Standards of Care, etc.

As we all know, you don't "choose" to be trans. People may "choose" to transition, and some of those may find that it's not the panecea they expected, or they find that while they like the fun of dressing up, they really aren't female inside after all. And that's OK. Better to find out before doing something they would regret.

I think the best thing we can do is to support such people, as I think they have a harder time than anyone.

Hugs,
TS Jamie :-)

yodajazz
12-11-2007, 01:49 PM
I saw one on television. I even had a photo but I cant locate it now. Anyway he was involved in the ex gay movement but then turned around and said that it was a fraud also. So basically his identity is that of a gay male. It was kind of hard to believe that it was the same person, but so much is possible these days.

I also remember reading a story in the late 80's in Details Magazine. The person was living with a soldier on base as man and wife and passed. But 'she' could never bring herself to get the final op, even though her 'husband' supported the move. She eventuallly went back to being a gay male named Brian. One of her NYC party names was Trish DeVere.

odelay24
12-11-2007, 02:02 PM

I know one or two that went back. There used to be a thing called a RLT (Real Life Test) that doctors used to suggest to would-be transsexuals. Basically, before they would do SRS on a person, they wanted that person to live full time in the would-be sex for a year or two. The hope was to see if things worked out or not. Sometimes it did, other times, things were worse. I actually think it takes MORE guts to try it and go back. It's easy for people to look at them like a loser. "Oh, that person couldn't cut it as a tranny." But I think if they try both ways and see that the first was was the right way, then that's great they found out before it was too late.

Nowadays, it seems many more girls are either waiting longer for SRS or not interested in SRS altogether, so you don't hear too much about those RLTs anymore.

I thought that test was required was all those seeking SRS?

peggygee
01-12-2008, 07:47 AM

Few are chosen, and even fewer get to go.

People often transition for the wrong resons. Butch queens will attempt
to transition because they think it will get them more 'trade' or for
economic reasons.

When they are young they may be fairly passable, but as they age and
if they don't put in the work, they won't be able to continue to pass.

In my time in 'the life', I have known many that have de-transitioned.

KiraHarden
01-12-2008, 05:34 PM
I saw one on television. I even had a photo but I cant locate it now. Anyway he was involved in the ex gay movement but then turned around and said that it was a fraud also. So basically his identity is that of a gay male. It was kind of hard to believe that it was the same person, but so much is possible these days.

I also remember reading a story in the late 80's in Details Magazine. The person was living with a soldier on base as man and wife and passed. But 'she' could never bring herself to get the final op, even though her 'husband' supported the move. She eventuallly went back to being a gay male named Brian. One of her NYC party names was Trish DeVere.
That looks like the guy who was on Maury a few yrs ago. He posted his female pics and he did have SRS and realized he wasnt happy since he couldnt orgasm any longer and sex was unsatisfying, so he started taking testosterone again. Hes like this really hunky guy now with a vagina.

I noticed he still had the silcoln hips and ass.

KiraHarden
01-12-2008, 05:43 PM
I have a question after some girls have so much surgery on the face to look feminine, and decide to go back to living as male. Can a Dr correct that after all that radical surgery and give them a male face again, or would they even do it.

El Nino
01-12-2008, 05:54 PM
I tried to change my mind once and just like GG's again, however this was futile and I have accepted my fate of being crazy for Tgirls...

KiraHarden
01-12-2008, 05:58 PM
I could never go back to living as a guy, just the thought has brought tears to me eyes :cry:

trish
01-12-2008, 06:26 PM
to me it's just unimaginable...outside the realm of possibilities. it's like asking, "do you think you might rather be a sea bass?"

i feel sorry for those who did apparently make the wrong decision and i wish them well...but i really can't understand it.