PDA

View Full Version : michael vick gets 23 months

d
12-10-2007, 07:34 PM
what a country....for some fucking dogs....and that apologize to the young people shit the judge made him do was just as stupid....like a bunch of kids went out and started fighting pits because of him......

RICHMOND, Va. -- Michael Vick was sentenced to 23 months in prison Monday for his role in a dogfighting conspiracy that involved gambling and killing pit bulls.

The suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback could have been sentenced up to five years by U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson. Vick, who turned himself in Nov. 19 in anticipation of his sentence, was wearing a black-and-white striped prison suit.

After Vick apologized to the court and his family, Hudson told him: "You need to apologize to the millions of young people who looked up to you."

"Yes, sir,' Vick answered.

Vick acknowledged he used "poor judgment" and added, "I'm willing to deal with the consequences and accept responsibility for my actions."

[+] Enlarge
Michael Vick supporters

AP Photo/Steve Helber

Some did not waver in their support for Michael Vick on Monday. At sentencing, the judge told Vick "you need to apologize to the millions of young people who looked up to you."

Federal rules governing time off for good behavior could reduce Vick's prison stay by about three months, resulting in a summer 2009 release.

Before the hearing started, Michael Vick's brother, Marcus Vick, sat with his right arm around their mother, comforting her as she buried her head in her hands and wept.

Vick pleaded guilty in August, admitting he bankrolled the "Bad Newz Kennels" dogfighting operation and helped kill six to eight dogs. He has been held at a jail in Warsaw, Va., since he voluntarily began serving his sentence.

In a plea agreement, he admitted bankrolling the dogfighting ring on his 15-acre property in rural southeastern Virginia and helping kill pit bulls that did not perform well in test fights. He also admitted providing money for bets on the fights but said he never shared in any winnings.

Falcons owner Arthur Blank called the sentencing "another step in his legal journey"

"This is a difficult day for Michael's family and for a lot of us, including many of our players and fans who have been emotionally invested in Michael over the years," Blank said.

"We sincerely hope that Michael will use this time to continue to focus his efforts on making positive changes in his life, and we wish him well in that regard."

At a news conference after pleading guilty last summer, Vick apologized to the NFL, the Falcons and youngsters who viewed him as a role model and vowed: "I will redeem myself."

Court papers revealed gruesome details about Vick's dogfighting operation, including the execution of underperforming dogs by electrocution, drowning, hanging and other means. Those details prompted a public backlash against the once-popular NFL star and outraged animal-rights groups, which used the case to call attention to the brutality of dogfighting.

Vick was suspended without pay by the NFL and lost all of his lucrative endorsement deals.

Two of Vick's co-defendants were sentenced Nov. 30. Purnell Peace of Virginia Beach got 18 months, Quanis Phillips of Atlanta 21 months. Another co-defendant, Tony Taylor, will be sentenced Friday.

The case began in April when a drug investigation of Vick's cousin led authorities to the former Virginia Tech star's Surry County property, where they found dozens of pit bulls -- some of them injured -- and equipment associated with dogfighting.

Vick initially denied any knowledge about dogfighting on the property. He changed his story after the three co-defendants pleaded guilty and agreed to cooperate with the government.

By 8 a.m. Monday, about 50 people were in line outside the courthouse waiting for the doors to open. About two dozen animal rights activists stood across the street holding posters showing injured pit bulls and the messages, "Report Dogfighters" and "Dogs Deserve Justice."

"We want to make sure the focus on the animals in this case isn't lost," said Dan Shannon, spokesman for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Julia Novak arrived with her small beagle, Frankie, who wore a sandwich board with the message on one side: "Dogfighters use dogs like me for bait."

Ryan Eanes, 27, of Richmond, wore his No. 7 Vick jersey as he waited in line.

"We all make mistakes," Eanes said. "I don't support the situation with the animals, but I support him. I believe his apology is sincere."

Quinn
12-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Good. :D

-Quinn

suckseed
12-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Excellent.

ottorocket
12-10-2007, 07:58 PM
I hope Vick gets beat and raped in prison.

suckseed
12-10-2007, 08:00 PM
That would have to be a pretty fuckin tough cellmate.
Don't think that'll happen, or wish it on him either.

Mr_Choc69
12-10-2007, 08:01 PM

Oh yeah? Why is that?

ottorocket
12-10-2007, 08:04 PM

Oh yeah? Why is that?

I dont have any pity for animal abusers...period. They can rot in hell for all i care.

Mr_Choc69
12-10-2007, 08:06 PM

Oh yeah? Why is that?

I dont have any pity animal abusers...period. They can rot in hell for all i care.

So would the same apply to those who make make fur products? Wear fur? run slaughterhouses? etc etc etc?

ottorocket
12-10-2007, 08:09 PM

I've worked with the prison systems in my career...i've seen 5'6 Vietnamese men beat the living shit outta 6ft 220 lb "tough" brotha's and regardless of race or size, all that goes to shit in the pen. Its a whole new world for Vick. Animal abusers in prison rank almost as low as child molestors.

ottorocket
12-10-2007, 08:11 PM

Oh yeah? Why is that?

I dont have any pity animal abusers...period. They can rot in hell for all i care.

So would the same apply to those who make make fur products? Wear fur? run slaughterhouses? etc etc etc?

Thats a different argument...but i have contempt for them as well.

Quinn
12-10-2007, 08:14 PM

I've worked with the prison systems in my career...i've seen 5'6 Vietnamese men beat the living shit outta 6ft 220 lb "tough" brotha's and regardless of race or size, all that goes to shit in the pen. Its a whole new world for Vick. Animal abusers in prison rank almost as low as child molestors.

One of the other things to consider is that if you come to prison with a "tough" reputation, other inamates will seek to make a name off of you. Tyson stated that he had numerous problems with other inmates for that exact reason. Vick will almost certainly face the same issue.

-Quinn

Mr_Choc69
12-10-2007, 08:14 PM

Oh yeah? Why is that?

Interesting. How do you feel that it is different? The result is the same. The animal in question is killed.

Silcc69
12-10-2007, 08:19 PM
I don't ever hold animals in regards to human beings. I'm sorry that is just retarted in saying that someone that tortured animals is in the same boat as a chester.

ottorocket
12-10-2007, 08:19 PM

Oh yeah? Why is that?

Interesting. How do you feel that it is different? The result is the same. The animal in question is killed.

Because its a red herring. Vick tortured animals for personal pleasure and thug life status. He's a fucking scumbag and I don't care what fucking team he played for or his empty apologies. And yeah it touches a nerve with me almost as much as child molestors.

TheOne1
12-10-2007, 08:20 PM

federal is much different, they can control the gang population much more easier than state prisons, which means you won't have five little vados locos beating up a 6'4 300 gangster disciple like you have in over-crowded prisons...

and no, animal abuse doesn't even come close to child predators...the dogs weren't recruited with a creepy guy in a van offering candy and toys to someones child. and the dogs weren't raped.

Night Rider
12-10-2007, 08:26 PM

Oh yeah? Why is that?

fur products - yes they deserve to get raped badly
slaughterhouses - no

ottorocket
12-10-2007, 08:28 PM
The dogs were likely either stolen from their owners, taken from shelters, or raised to be slaughtered. Either way you cut it, Vick took immense pleasure in organizing and involving himself in a contrived act of senselessly demented theater, where he could watch other lives suffer through violence. WOw...just what society needs more of...uneducated, ignorant, death merchants. This type of culture is no different than any caged hunt...its about as un-manly and inhumane as one can get, and one of the traits of many serial killers, and murders. He's a role model of the worst kind and he's gonna get what he gets.

NYCe
12-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Lmaol @ the idea that Michael Vick will be in general pop.

Silcc69
12-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Since when did pit bulls become friendly dogs that you can raise your kids around?

Night Rider
12-10-2007, 08:34 PM
One of the other things to consider is that if you come to prison with a "tough" reputation, other inamates will seek to make a name off of you. Tyson stated that he had numerous problems with other inmates for that exact reason. Vick will almost certainly face the same issue.

-Quinn

I was thinking that too. I hope the soap slips from his grasp....

Night Rider
12-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Since when did pit bulls become friendly dogs that you can raise your kids around?

It's all in the way the dog is brought up. I know plenty of people that have pit bulls that are very friendly, even around kids. Then there are the assholes that breed them for fighting.

ottorocket
12-10-2007, 08:39 PM

Depends on the owner entirely. No dog should be left with children unattended anyways. Emergency rooms see as many dog bites from "family friendly" dogs like Terriers and Labs as they do Pits. It just happens pits are adopted by thugs for the image and raised in violent households where media attention is drawn each and every case. A few years ago it was Rottweilers that got negative attention...and before that it was Dobermans...etc..etc Pits are very loveable animals, Ceaser Milan had a show about pit bulls that proved alot of the negative stereotypes wrong.

Legend
12-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Vick better hope he doesn't get a visit from the health inspector.

http://i14.tinypic.com/6jody1f.jpg

Silcc69
12-10-2007, 08:43 PM
I've heard good pitbulls going bad hell Latrell Sprewell had a pit bull that bit his daughter and he didn't fight them. It took him a few days to have it put to sleep.

suckseed
12-10-2007, 08:50 PM
People that take sadistic pleasure in torturing an animal are very different from slaughterhouse workers, if that needed to be said. Many serial killers were found to have started with animals as a kid. It's not normal. Vick is a fucking stupid sadist, and I have no doubt that people will either emulate him or learn that actions have consequences, depending on how crazy/stupid they are.

Silcc69
12-10-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm sorry people like violence jsut like they like sex

ottorocket
12-10-2007, 09:01 PM
I've heard good pitbulls going bad hell Latrell Sprewell had a pit bull that bit his daughter and he didn't fight them. It took him a few days to have it put to sleep.

I don't see how this story... is at all relevant. To understand individual breed behaviors and deeper anthropological implications between the two takes more than allegory hearsay, and myopic fixation on sensational cases. Negative attributes highlighted in any one breed isn't necassarily a character trait because its been generalized as stereotypical behavior of said breed. Statistically you have to look at it breed by breed and by popularity of ownership, not raw numbers. Pit bulls have been increasingly popular as pets, protectors, and status symbols among a certain population...hence their frequency of delinquent behavior (bites), are disproportionate when studied against a more measured histogram that takes into account socioeconomics among other variables.

Night Rider
12-10-2007, 09:07 PM

You should only own a pit bull or any other fighting dog if you have a clue. It doesn't take much to read a book on a breed that you're interested in buying, and get invalueble info on them. Like any dog, if it's not raised the correct way then there's a chance it will be aggressive. The fact that pitbulls have lock-jaw and bite force similar to a great white shark means they're going to do damage. I repeat, if you don't know much about dogs, don't get a pit bull.

LBCDO
12-10-2007, 09:40 PM
This is the funniest thread Ive read in myy life.

Ok, out of all of you that are talking about what will happen to him when he goes to jail, have you ever been to jail? Im not proud of it, but Ive done time, recently, here in ATL. As a matter of fact, Ive done time in the same pods as some famous wrestlers, a tons of falcons players, and a couple rappers. Nobody gives a fuck if youre famous, its just if you are in the holding cell going to court that it becomes something to talk about.

Then Mike Vick is going to a federal camp, so he isnt going to be around the shit that some of you watch TV and swear by.

Then, for whoever said that the dogs were probally stolen and taken from shelters, you are wrong. You're assuming a whole lot of bullshit. When people fight pitbulls in "thug culture" or to fight, they dont do robberies on old women on the suburbs for their prize family companion. The dogs are bread by professional breeders, and Ive seen pits go for as much as $2k. In ATL all you hear about is people fighting pits. I wanted to buy one for my ex and got the crash course.

And dont think that its just a bunch of "brothas" fighting pits. Search the gwinnett daily post [the same county that Mike Vick , myself, and a ton of other falcon players lives in] and you will see the white guy that lives behind me and the pit that he was fighting that almost mauled my dog. So its not just thug culture, everyone is doing that bullshit.

I hate to hear people saying that they wish someone gets raped, beat, and killed in jail. Jail is 24/7, not something you do during the day and go home at night likea job. You lose absolutely everything. He is paying for his crime by incarceration and being called a felon for the rest of his life. Lets leave it at that

suckseed
12-10-2007, 09:44 PM

I don't see how this story... is at all relevant. To understand individual breed behaviors and deeper anthropological implications between the two takes more than allegory hearsay, and myopic fixation on sensational cases. Negative attributes highlighted in any one breed isn't necassarily a character trait because its been generalized as stereotypical behavior of said breed. Statistically you have to look at it breed by breed and by popularity of ownership, not raw numbers. Pit bulls have been increasingly popular as pets, protectors, and status symbols among a certain population...hence their frequency of delinquent behavior (bites), are disproportionate when studied against a more measured histogram that takes into account socioeconomics among other variables.
Ottorocket, you must know this chick...http://youtube.com/user/hotforwords

jmt
12-10-2007, 09:50 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ottorocket
12-10-2007, 09:52 PM

Ok, out of all of you that are talking about what will happen to him when he goes to jail, have you ever been to jail? Im not proud of it, but Ive done time, recently, here in ATL. As a matter of fact, Ive done time in the same pods as some famous wrestlers, a tons of falcons players, and a couple rappers. Nobody gives a fuck if youre famous, its just if you are in the holding cell going to court that it becomes something to talk about.

Then Mike Vick is going to a federal camp, so he isnt going to be around the shit that some of you watch TV and swear by.

Then, for whoever said that the dogs were probally stolen and taken from shelters, you are wrong. You're assuming a whole lot of bullshit. When people fight pitbulls in "thug culture" or to fight, they dont do robberies on old women on the suburbs for their prize family companion. The dogs are bread by professional breeders, and Ive seen pits go for as much as $2k. In ATL all you hear about is people fighting pits. I wanted to buy one for my ex and got the crash course.

And dont think that its just a bunch of "brothas" fighting pits. Search the gwinnett daily post [the same county that Mike Vick , myself, and a ton of other falcon players lives in] and you will see the white guy that lives behind me and the pit that he was fighting that almost mauled my dog. So its not just thug culture, everyone is doing that bullshit.

I hate to hear people saying that they wish someone gets raped, beat, and killed in jail. Jail is 24/7, not something you do during the day and go home at night likea job. You lose absolutely everything. He is paying for his crime by incarceration and being called a felon for the rest of his life. Lets leave it at that

Perhaps higher level dog fighting does pay higher value commodity for their animals... Talk to any inner city animal shelter and they get the chewed up remains of dogs that used to be someones pet that may have gone stray. ALot of inner city dog fighting Vick wannabe's don't pony up 2k per Pitt to play like the big boys. Which is exactly why Vick is such a scumbag to his community as a sports role model...and whether or not he paid 2 million per dog versus 2 dollars is moot. Also, don't think anyone specifically pointed to any one ethnicity as the harbinger of evil.. this thread is about a man...dogs...and not someones skin color.

I hope the next dog Vick ever owns is called Karma, and it bites him in his balls.

LBCDO
12-10-2007, 09:58 PM
I just brought the amount of money up because it was said earlier that these dogs that are used for fighting are strays, stolen, etc. And if ANYONE can find a pit for less than $800 with papers ANYWHERE in ATL, please let me know, becuase I am looking for one as a gift. $800 is the average price for a pure bread pitbull here in ATL.

I just saw a lot of references to thugs in the thread also.

Everything I posted was in response to something that was said in thsi thread. So... it is what it is, unless Im reading the wrong thread.

ottorocket
12-10-2007, 10:10 PM
I just brought the amount of money up because it was said earlier that these dogs that are used for fighting are strays, stolen, etc. And if ANYONE can find a pit for less than $800 with papers ANYWHERE in ATL, please let me know, becuase I am looking for one as a gift. $800 is the average price for a pure bread pitbull here in ATL.

Everything I posted was in response to something that was said in thsi thread. So... it is what it is, unless Im reading the wrong thread.

I pointed out alot of dogs that are used for fighting are exactly that. Strays, stolen, pets..etc. Certainly, the more complex and high value fights will develop their own mills for breeding and selecting the best animals...but what i know from personal experience is that the "thug" life (and thugs come in all ethnicities) portrayed by a highly paid athlete like Vick, filters down to the street level. Socioeconomic conditions prevent these people from purchasing expensive animals (We arent strictly talking Pit Bulls for the matter) for these amatuer rings where Pits may fight other breeds for training...supply meets demand from somewhere, and often its that puppy on Craigslist, or the shelter animal.

Night Rider
12-10-2007, 10:10 PM

People who fight pitbulls are thugs, that's why it's came up.

Quinn
12-10-2007, 10:20 PM

Ok, out of all of you that are talking about what will happen to him when he goes to jail, have you ever been to jail?

Unfortunately, I have, during the summer of my twenty-third birthday.

I agree. IMO, his sentence is appropriate. Think about it. His career is most likely finished, he has to do his time, and he will be a convicted felon forever (there will be no expungement in this case). He's paying for his crime, which I'm glad for, but wishing death on the guy, etc., is excessive.

-Quinn

Night Rider
12-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Wishing death is far too extreme, but for all the torture the dogs had to go through, he at the very least deserves a cock up the ass and a few slaps...

bezane
12-10-2007, 10:26 PM

You should only own a pit bull or any other fighting dog if you have a clue. It doesn't take much to read a book on a breed that you're interested in buying, and get invalueble info on them. Like any dog, if it's not raised the correct way then there's a chance it will be aggressive. The fact that pitbulls have lock-jaw and bite force similar to a great white shark means they're going to do damage. I repeat, if you don't know much about dogs, don't get a pit bull.

Many myths about pit bulls. The problem is disgusting in the shelters. As I mentioned before I run a dog rescue. What I see, Michael Vick as first time offender was treated fairly. My heart wanted him to get life. But we are a society of laws. And the attention he has brought to animal abuse has been golden for us. Prosecutions have increased ten fold for animal abuse.

I can go on forever. I've written volumes on this subject. Dogs are just dogs. Can't generalize.

These two were badly abused. I turned them around and now they share their own bedroom in Las Vegas and are constant companions to my 5 year-old niece.

ottorocket
12-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Nobody wished him death.. I wished a dog would bite him in the balls, or he'd get beaten or raped. All pretty measured consequences IMO for what he did. He was given the world on a plate and look what he did with it.

Night Rider
12-10-2007, 10:37 PM

Many myths about pit bulls. The problem is disgusting in the shelters. As I mentioned before I run a dog rescue. What I see, Michael Vick as first time offender was treated fairly. My heart wanted him to get life. But we are a society of laws. And the attention he has brought to animal abuse has been golden for us. Prosecutions have increased ten fold for animal abuse.

I can go on forever. I've written volumes on this subject. Dogs are just dogs. Can't generalize.

These two were badly abused. I turned them around and now they share their own bedroom in Las Vegas and are constant companions to my 5 year-old niece.

Agreed, it's how the dog is raised. People just think dogs are possessions that they can neglect and not give them a good life. They need to release negative energy just as any animal does, so they need walked at least once a day. If you don't treat your dog right psychologically then it can become stressed out and aggressive.

People who breed pit bulls however, are purposely training the dogs to be viscious and attack other dogs. I'd have no problems breaking a baseball bat over there head if I knew who they were.

Nice dogs by the way...

bezane
12-10-2007, 10:39 PM
NR.....What the fuck is up with that avatar?

Night Rider
12-10-2007, 10:43 PM
NR.....What the fuck is up with that avatar?

I lost a bet on the Mayweather/Hatton fight

:cry

ImpulZ
12-10-2007, 10:46 PM
that avater is sick night rider :puke :shock: :)

Night Rider
12-10-2007, 10:47 PM
that avater is sick night rider :puke :shock: :)

don't pretend you don't love it :lol:

ImpulZ
12-10-2007, 10:52 PM
it is still sick :D i prefer a tgirl more who is do that :D

Night Rider
12-10-2007, 10:57 PM
it is still sick :D i prefer a tgirl more who is do that :D

Who is that in my avatar? It's partlycloudy, he posts here now and again.

suckseed
12-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Until you lost the bet, NR, I had no idea such pictures existed. I think I'm beginning to loathe humans sometimes. Jerry Springer audience to the left, American Idol on the right, cock mutilations, pain olympics, fat fags in diapers...are we really just going down the toilet as a civilization?

Night Rider
12-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Until you lost the bet, NR, I had no idea such pictures existed. I think I'm beginning to loathe humans sometimes. Jerry Springer audience to the left, American Idol on the right, cock mutilations, pain olympics, fat fags in diapers...are we really just going down the toilet as a civilization?

lol yeah civilization is in meltdown..

I just don't know how people could let themselves go, to the point of resembling a blubber whale.

ImpulZ
12-10-2007, 11:23 PM
i think so :lol: :P

partlycloudy
12-10-2007, 11:24 PM
:mrgreen: dickhead.

8)

bezane
12-10-2007, 11:26 PM
Tough fight NightRider. There were so many Manchester people here for the fight. The strip clubs were jammed with them. The guys seemed to have a blast but they take it to heart. One guy last night told he felt Ricky had let the world and America down. The guy is an awesome fighter. Mayweather is probably the best of all time. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Quinn
12-10-2007, 11:28 PM

8)

Hey, partly, great choice on the avatar by the way. One word: Sweet...

-Quinn

partlycloudy
12-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Hey, partly, great choice on the avatar by the way. One word: Sweet...

-Quinn
:mrgreen:

Night Rider
12-10-2007, 11:32 PM

8)

:lol: you love the exposure

Tough fight NightRider. There were so many Manchester people here for the fight. The strip clubs were jammed with them. The guys seemed to have a blast but they take it to heart. One guy last night told he felt Ricky had let the world and America down. The guy is an awesome fighter. Mayweather is probably the best of all time. Nothing to be ashamed of.

I agree, he didn't let us down at all. I knew Mayweather was the much better fighter techincally, but I thought Hatton's style would win him the fight. Those guys that said he let the country down don't have a clue about boxing.

polarstar
12-10-2007, 11:37 PM
The fucker lost his fight, so to speak, so he should enjoy the same fate as the dogs in his kennel. Those who lost were throttled, killed, by Vick. So some big fucker should strangle this rat fuck bastard.

He got off light.

castabyss
12-11-2007, 02:28 AM
I totally disagree that he got off light. 23 months may be an appropriate amount of time for his actions, but I think other NFL players have gotten off much lighter. There are murderers in the NFL that walk around free men. And there are a TON of wife-beaters, but none of them do significant jail time. Vick was an icon for the NFL and this was a chance to make some history. If a 3rd-string Defensive Back shoots somebody in the leg, nobody cares because nobody knows him. What Vick did was wrong, but his celebrity is what sealed the deal, IMHO.

62des
12-11-2007, 02:31 AM
YES only 22 months. Fuck anybody who wishes that anyone gets raped in prison. I bet you sorry asses that said it wouldn't last 2 seconds in there.

Night Rider
12-11-2007, 02:35 AM
YES only 22 months. Fuck anybody who wishes that anyone gets raped in prison. I bet you sorry asses that said it wouldn't last 2 seconds in there.

Not only does he deserve to get raped, but you do now too, so stfu

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-11-2007, 02:35 AM

Not trying to be fucked up about my reply. But we are talking about a rich man with good lawyers doing time, the only thing getting raped is his bank account.

Expect to see Vick even more muscular and toned in 2 years signed to an NFL team as a backup QB at the very least. The NFL would be foolish not to let him rejoin the league.

bezane
12-11-2007, 02:51 AM
Certainly should be allowed to rejoin. I hate the fucker. But he was sentenced. He's doing the time. he owned up so that it didn't turn into an expensive prosecution. Still hate him. But my personal views shouldn't supersede the law.

As far as the rape thing? I don't believe in Capital punishment, I certainly wouldn't wish physical revenge on anyone. I'm too sophisticated to bring myself down to the level of the offender.

APOLOGIZE TO THE DOGS!!!!!! Not your fucking teamates, mother, children....didn't beat the fuck out of them.

Only billed 1 million to help those abused dogs. In this day/age....hit 'em in the pocket.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-11-2007, 03:13 AM
Certainly should be allowed to rejoin. I hate the fucker. But he was sentenced. He's doing the time. he owned up so that it didn't turn into an expensive prosecution. Still hate him. But my personal views shouldn't supersede the law.

As far as the rape thing? I don't believe in Capital punishment, I certainly wouldn't wish physical revenge on anyone. I'm too sophisticated to bring myself down to the level of the offender.

APOLOGIZE TO THE DOGS!!!!!! Not your fucking teamates, mother, children....didn't beat the fuck out of them.

Only billed 1 million to help those abused dogs. In this day/age....hit 'em in the pocket.

Apologize to no one IMO. In various countries around the world you can go to a restaurant play with the dog out front, sit down and later on the main course is that very dog. True he did some fucked up shit to those animals but this country and it's judicial system went way over the top in prosecuting him. If you think I'm being a bit light on Vick look at previous posts about other sports athletes in this very thread and consider the multitude of bullshit they get away with annually.
All this guy did was something poor America has been doing for decades, underground dog fighting, and if you think pitbulls, rottweilers, etc. haven't been shot, hung, dragged on the back bumper of escalades, etc. since Vick was accused you are sadly mistaken.

I'll end on this note, since everyone wants to discuss brutality and death by a sports athlete. In 1999 on November 16th Rae Carruth (Carolina Panthers football player) shot his then girlfriend Cherica Adams 4 times in a drive by shooting (meaning he was too pussy to even get out of the car, he wanted to shoot & run like a lil bitch). He did this KNOWING she was pregnant with twins, with little regard of those precious lives. Adams died as well as one of the twins, the surviving child has cerebral palsy.

Carruth will be set free in 2018....................
Now if you want to wish violence on an inmate, ass rape, shanks to the groin area, etc. on a person do it on a human piece of trash like Carruth. A man that knew he was having twins with a chick he was too lazy to buy condoms to wear before he jumped in bed with and couldn't handle the "I'm pregnant" speech from. But Vick? Hell no. If Vick wasn't a football player and he got caught in the ghetto area of Virginia fighting dogs the most that would have happened to him would be possibly 6 months in prison and some community service with a fine.

johnb
12-11-2007, 03:20 AM
Leornard Little and Ray Lewis both killed people, never went to jail, and are still playing in the NFL. Vick kills dogs and goes to prison. Uh...ok

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-11-2007, 03:28 AM
exactly, and Vick did not kill every last dog himself, quite a few people got off by making him the focus of that investigation...................

suckseed
12-11-2007, 03:29 AM
Leornard Little and Ray Lewis both killed people, never went to jail, and are still playing in the NFL. Vick kills dogs and goes to prison. Uh...ok

Yep. In America people love their dogs, and human life is cheap. I lived in Colorado when Jon Benet Ramsey was killed. A journalist brought up this spot on observation: Let's see the average guy that works at the 7-11 bring his dead daughter up from the basement, stonewall the cops and walk away scot free. The only kids we hear about are the ones who are white and blonde. I live in a mixed neighborhood and see a lot of very weary black faces when I'm out. Sometimes I think that black America has been very, very patient with the Man.

bezane
12-11-2007, 03:30 AM
Yeah Johnny....lots of truth. Carruth is scum of the highest order.

Six months....maybe. But the tide is changing. Cruelty to animals has been proven in tons of studies of being part of general sociopathic behavior.

The way we treat the dependents of our society, animals, children, disenfranchised, well it's important. Make room in the prisons for all the violent trash and wall street thieves (peoples retirement and pension funds are getting raped....increase the penalties) by letting non-violent drug crimes out.

Night Rider
12-11-2007, 03:34 AM

Nobody's saying that they shouldn't have went to prison. Yeah, the legal system is fucked up but what can you do? Pitbull fighting is huge over here and it's something that's always disgusted me. 'The Farmers Boys' are the biggest pitbull dealers in Europe and are known as "Manchester United of the dog fighting world". I like to gamble on horse races or whatever, but dogs fighting to the death doesn't appeal to me at all. These fuckers that put dogs through this deserve to be punished, whether it's a bullet in the kneecap or a prison sentence. Just because 'whoever' got let off for whatever, doesn't make it right.

I hope he bring some poppers into prison with him, for his sake.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-11-2007, 03:37 AM
dude I'll become an advocate of abolishing dog fighting worldwide when you change that sig and avatar

LMAO

Yusef64240
12-11-2007, 03:37 AM
Shelter and stolen dogs or cats in a bag are not to fight but to train your fighting dog. To be honest these are animals not people. If some the people screaming Michaell Vick's head had the same compasion for the guy I know is hungry and without hope down the block.

Night Rider
12-11-2007, 03:43 AM
dude I'll become an advocate of abolishing dog fighting worldwide when you change that sig and avatar

LMAO

Nothing I can do, blame partlycloudy for wanting the world to see what he gets up to in his bedroom.

:lol:

LBCDO
12-11-2007, 03:51 AM
If some the people screaming Michaell Vick's head had the same compasion for the guy I know is hungry and without hope down the block.

Damn, I know thats right...

lust4ts
12-11-2007, 04:17 AM
I just a watched a program with these kids on a Council Estate (poor area), over here in the UK. They got this cat and threw it from about 5 story's up in a high-rise block of flats. They filmed in on a phone, the cunts through it off four times before it died. You could hear them all laughing and shit on the phone clip, fucking assholes!

I agree with Otto, people who harm innocent animals are almost as bad child molesters :evil:

jmt
12-11-2007, 10:15 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

tsntx
12-11-2007, 10:33 AM

thats a common media made assumption... i grew up around lots of dogs in my house... including 2 pits... the most terrible dog we had /have is a stupid ass weenie dog... it bit my hand so severely i had to get stitches... if you raise an animal to be friendly .. it will be... you raise an animal to be a killer... it will be

:roll:

justatransgirl
12-11-2007, 10:36 AM
I don't know about Vick getting rapped in prison, but what do you think the chances are he'll get a jail wife and come out looking for some trans ass on the side?

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

jmt
12-11-2007, 06:36 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-11-2007, 07:03 PM
I don't know about Vick getting rapped in prison, but what do you think the chances are he'll get a jail wife and come out looking for some trans ass on the side?

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

Vick is going to the same prison atmosphere that white collar crime folks go to. Meaning tennis at noon, tv 20 hours out of the day in the lounge area, and a cell twice the size of your typical illegal alien transvestite paying someone to run an ad for her on craigslist..........

tsntx
12-11-2007, 07:25 PM
I just a watched a program with these kids on a Council Estate (poor area), over here in the UK. They got this cat and threw it from about 5 story's up in a high-rise block of flats. They filmed in on a phone, the cunts through it off four times before it died. You could hear them all laughing and shit on the phone clip, fucking assholes!

I agree with Otto, people who harm innocent animals are almost as bad child molesters :evil:

Is There Any Evidence of a Connection Between Animal Cruelty and Human Violence?

Absolutely. Many studies in psychology, sociology, and criminology during the last 25+ years have demonstrated that violent offenders frequently have childhood and adolescent histories of serious and repeated animal cruelty. The FBI has recognized the connection since the 1970s, when bureau analysis of the life histories of imprisoned serial killers suggested that most, as children, had killed or tortured animals. Other research has shown consistent patterns of animal cruelty among perpetrators of more common forms of violence, including child abuse, spouse abuse, and elder abuse.

http://www.sniksnak.com/ac/abuse.html

As a child, serial killer and rapist Ted Bundy—ultimately convicted of two killings but suspected of murdering more than 40 women—witnessed his father’s violence toward animals, and he himself subsequently tortured animals.

Earl Kenneth Shriner, who raped and stabbed a 7-year-old boy, was known in his neighborhood for hanging cats and torturing dogs.

David Berkowitz (a.k.a. “Son of Sam”), who pleaded guilty to 13 murder and attempted murder charges, shot a neighbor’s Labrador retriever.

Brenda Spencer, who opened fire at a California school, killing two children and injuring nine others, had repeatedly abused cats and dogs, often setting their tails on fire.

Serial killer and cannibal Jeffrey Dahmer impaled the heads of dogs and cats on sticks.

http://thebosun.wordpress.com/2006/08/01/serial-killers-and-animal-abuse/

chefmike
12-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Sickvick got off easy IMO. I'll reserve my sympathy for people who deserve it. Sickvick deserves only contempt. People who abuse animals are among the lowest of the low...fuck that sadistic SOB. It would make me even happier if he never plays football again.

LBCDO
12-11-2007, 11:08 PM
I seriously doubt that Mike Vick even had as much involvement that people make it out to be. I used to see him here in ATL all the time, so i doubt that he was there , hook dogs up to battery chargers, smoking a cigar, counting money.

Realistically, he probally had some friends that said "Hey, I think we can make money breeding pits" and thats what it evolved into. I dont think that he is this evil man who sits in a room and his dick gets hard from seeing a dog being murdered.

I think he did the crime so hes doing the time. People are like "He should be put to death, blah blah blah. Well, what should a murderer get? A rapist? Serial killer? Drug kingpin? Everyone should be raped in the ass with a hot poker and put to death? Come on, get real.

I think hes got a very good sentence. 2 years is a fair amount of time. 2 years isnt as short as people think. What were you doing 2 years ago, and how much have you accompished in that time? Im not saying that he was right, but im saying that hes being punished, leave it at that.

Night Rider
12-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Realistically, he probally had some friends that said "Hey, I think we can make money breeding pits" and thats what it evolved into. I dont think that he is this evil man who sits in a room and his dick gets hard from seeing a dog being murdered.

Yeah, like he's strapped for cash.

Have you ever seen a pitbull fight? They can last for hours on some occasions and get real fucking ugly. It's animal cruelty at its worst and 2years is the absolute minimum that fucker should get. This isn't like robbing a post office or hi-jacking cars, it's a cowardly act which he had no need to commit for any other reason than greed and cruelty.

Why would you stick up for an asshole like that, I could understand maybe if you knew him well.

bezane
12-11-2007, 11:54 PM
I seriously doubt that Mike Vick even had as much involvement that people make it out to be. I used to see him here in ATL all the time, so i doubt that he was there , hook dogs up to battery chargers, smoking a cigar, counting money.

I think he did the crime so hes doing the time. People are like "He should be put to death, blah blah blah. Well, what should a murderer get? A rapist? Serial killer? Drug kingpin? Everyone should be raped in the ass with a hot poker and put to death? Come on, get real.

I think hes got a very good sentence. 2 years is a fair amount of time. 2 years isnt as short as people think. What were you doing 2 years ago, and how much have you accompished in that time? Im not saying that he was right, but im saying that hes being punished, leave it at that.

Because of the laws the way they are and being a first time criminal.....I'll live with the sentence. So I agree with that point.

As far as Vick being a guy that was just approached by others and pulled into.....NO WAY. Based on what's happening here and what has been testified to, he was a sadistic bastard. This so-called sport is rooted in culture, a demented one at that but nonetheless a culture. it was the sport of Backwood boys and farmers as someone here has pointed out about his homeland in UK. But huge here among Southern Backwood boys. Look up "Cajun Rules" its so rooted in the good 'ol boy culture it' sickening.

But like many bad habits, that of this sick dog-fighting thing or ways of organized crime syndicates like the Italian/Jewish/Irish/Russian Mafias, the Thug Culture has adopted it as their own. It has become a sign of prestige much like a Bentley or one too many gold chains. Another black eye for an already out of control portion of society.

There is no way on Heaven's Earth that this guy pleads knowing he is getting two years unless he was stone guilty of a lot more.

He could have been tried under the RICO Act is my understanding. Gambling, animal abuse, money laundering, state line violations etc etc. So I do disagree with some here that think he was prosecuted because he was famous. He was discovered and investigated by the media because he was famous, but once the cat was out his very smart lawyers got the plea and ran with it.

This year dogs were responsible for 8 human deaths. Humans, not counting accidents or acts of war were responsible for in excess of 100,000 worldwide. Dogs are better than people. On many levels. They bring unconditional love and happiness to MILLIONS. Cultures that are cruel to animals should not get a free pass because "That's their way." We are an advanced sophisticated society in the west. Cultures need to rise to our level, not set a backward movement toward the midieval. And that goes for sub-cultures here as well.

62des
12-12-2007, 01:03 AM

I'm sure you already have been. :twisted:

Night Rider
12-12-2007, 01:22 AM

I'm sure you already have been. :twisted:

only in your imagination 8)

biguy4tvtscd
12-12-2007, 02:03 AM
9 pages and everyone still misses the point.

Vick is not doing 23 months for "dog fighting" or "killing dogs"
Vick is doing 23 months for operating an organized crime syndicate. Coupled with obstruction of justice and pissing off a federal judge. (note to readers...DO NOT piss off a federal judge)

Here's an interesting article on Yahoo. CLICKY (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AiS_Xw_zr9brEOEygxRVXQ05nYcB?slug=dw-vicksentencing121007&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
Read it, and you will understand that it is most certainly not a case of "23 months for killing dogs"
Had he handled the situation properly from the beginning, he'd have been looking at no more than 12-18 months. He decided to mess with the bull, and as such, he got the horns.

bezane
12-12-2007, 02:18 AM
Nobody missed the point big guy. I stated that it could have turned into a RICO case. This criminal enterprise had to do with gambling on illegal dogfighting.

bassman2546
12-12-2007, 02:33 AM
Hope he rots in jail and then burns in hell.

biguy4tvtscd
12-12-2007, 02:35 AM
Nobody missed the point big guy. I stated that it could have turned into a RICO case. This criminal enterprise had to do with gambling on illegal dogfighting.

LOL

Benzane, your one of the only posters that my comments weren't directed at. You obviously didn't miss the point, but the majority of the other posters seem to have.

Including the OP, nearly every response was along the lines of "He got what for killing dogs? People get less for killing people". Which is simply not what happened here.

Night Rider
12-12-2007, 02:46 AM
People get less for killing people". Which is simply not what happened here.

Nobody compared the two but he got what he deserved, end of story.

CORVETTEDUDE
12-12-2007, 05:39 AM
Since I've said it once... I may as well say it again.

FUCK, MICHAEL VICK!!! HE NEEDS THE SAME TREATMENT HE GAVE THOSE DOGS!!!

hellboy3
12-12-2007, 06:05 AM
He better lube up, if u know what I mean.

TJ347
12-12-2007, 06:14 AM
I was hoping from the start Vick would be punished severely, understanding that animals, specifically dogs in this case, were inhumanely and cruelly killed, which I believe any human being with the proper respect for living creatures should find upsetting. Of course, we all know that some human beings are less human than others, so we get people minimizing the fact Vick took part in drowning seven dogs as if all he did was behead seven chickens that he subsequently fed to his poor family. These are the same people who step over the homeless at the subway station without an afterthought though, so what do you expect? Anyway, clearly I'm pleased Michael Vick was treated as harshly under the law as he was.

That said, if you inserted Bret Favre here in place of Michael Vick, do you think you'd get a 23 month sentence? I sure as hell don't...

LBCDO
12-12-2007, 06:21 AM
Naw, I dont know Mike Vick personally, but I live in ATL. I know a lot of people who he hangs [well hung] out with. But I think that he got his time and thats that. The way it was always explained to me is that his involvement was putting the money up for his friends to breed pits and it bit him in the ass. His friends were more into the fighting it. I think its far fetched that Mike Vick was involved in the process in getting the dogs trained and fighting the dogs. Thats all Im saying

When you have money, people try to "keep it real" and give friends money to start businesses and shit and they fuck up. But do you try and blow it up as Joe Blow fighting pits, or Mike Vick fights pits wiht out of town mob clients? Just be smart enough not to fall into that trap, thats all Im saying

Its like if you meet a TS, fuck her, and you let her stay in your house. While you're away from work shes turning tricks and it gets kicked in. Yea, you knew it was happening, but when the shit hits the fan, you're fucked because youre hit with a pimping charge, and the media blows you up that like how pimps do, and pimp culture, you mentally abused a girl and beat her with a stick made of coat hangers

I think that the only person who really knows what goes on is Mike Vick. None of us were there, and even I am guilty of getting second hand info. Nowadays, you plead guilt means only that you plead guilty, not that you actually are guilty. Could have been the best situation for him, seeing how he is the only celebrity involved, he had 3 snitching ass co-de's [part of a deal is ALWAYS truthfully testify against CoDefendants], and the house was in his name. So, it could have been a smart move to cop out instead of fight it and lose

All Im saying. Plus Ive done time before, and I know EXACTLY how it feels to do some time like that. Its not fun, and its not "just 23 months"

LBCDO
12-12-2007, 06:23 AM
BTW, Bill Campbell, former mayor of Atlanta got sentenced to 2 years a couple of months back for corruption. Just thought Id throw that out there

PatrickFromNYC
12-12-2007, 07:45 AM

-Quinn

At last count 43% of the STR8 guys on this board are "Soap Droppers" :P

beatmaker
12-12-2007, 09:36 AM

Ok, out of all of you that are talking about what will happen to him when he goes to jail, have you ever been to jail? Im not proud of it, but Ive done time, recently, here in ATL. As a matter of fact, Ive done time in the same pods as some famous wrestlers, a tons of falcons players, and a couple rappers. Nobody gives a fuck if you're famous, its just if you are in the holding cell going to court that it becomes something to talk about.

Then, for whoever said that the dogs were probally stolen and taken fromshelters, you are wrong. You're assuming a whole lot of bullshit. When people fight pitbulls in "thug culture" or to fight, they dont do robberies on old women on the suburbs for their prize family companion. The dogs are bread by professional breeders, and Ive seen pits go for as much as $2k. In ATL all you hear about is people fighting pits. I wanted to buy one for my ex and got the crash course.

Perhaps higher level dog fighting does pay higher value commodity for their animals... Talk to any inner city animal shelter and they get the chewed up remains of dogs that used to be someones pet that may have gone stray. ALot of inner city dog fighting Vick wannabe's don't pony up 2k per Pitt to play like the big boys. Which is exactly why Vick is such a scumbag to his community as a sports role model...and whether or not he paid 2 million per dog versus 2 dollars is moot. Also, don't think anyone specifically pointed to any one ethnicity as the harbinger of evil.. this thread is about a man...dogs...and not someones skin color.

I hope the next dog Vick ever owns is called Karma, and it bites him in his balls.

Otto, since this thread isn't about color, why is Vick somehow influencing the "inner city"? He fought pitbulls on a huge estate and nobody outside of his inner circle for the most part knew about it, until PETA, the media and law enforcement went after him. What's this "brothas" getting their asses beat in jail, by some short Vietnamese guy nonsense. Your use of words seems contradictory to your "it have nothing to do with race" drivel, that I hear incessantly on HA. When a black man fucks up and everyone wants to strap him into the electric chair. I was talking to one of my coworkers the other day, about how that white kid, that killed those 8 people in the mall was depicted by the mainstream media vs. a black kid that might rob and kill someone in the media. He was "humanized", with the whole "he's troubled", "he was ostracized by everyone", " he was all alone in the world" and other psychobabble, that never seems to find it's way into the pages of stories relating to black and latino murderers. We're savages, barbarians, thugs and unfit to live to the media, when we shoot up the joint. It's not just blacks and browns, as the media described the Virginia Tech shooter the same way. "The face of evil", "Pure Evil" and all this other shyt. Sure, it might be true, but he was a loner and outcast too. The white kid Asa Coons who shot up the school in Cleveland got the same "humanization". That "Trenchcoat Mafia" clown from Columbine recv'd that same news angle from the media. I'm sick of this double standard shyt and people wanna play dumb, like it doesn't exist. The publicity came from PETA and the mainstream media. I didn't know shyt about Michael Vick fighting dogs, nor did my friends who live in Atlanta. White boys in the South have been fighting dogs way longer than Vick and his ilk. But as usual, Blacks are the face of crime in America, so following that line of thinking, Vick is the face of dogfighting, Barry Bonds is the face of steroids, Isiah Thomas is the face of misogyny and male chauvinism in pro sports and O.J Simpson the face of domestic abuse and violence towards women.

To all you bastards that want to see Vick hanged, lynched and raped. Following that line of thinking, for some of you that have ancestors or older family members who participated in Jim Crow terrorism, the Jewish Holocaust and other atrocities throughout the world directed at actual human beings, how would you like if somebody hung and raped your great-granddaddy or uncle. Most whites nowadays are more disturbed by what Michael Vick did, yet have all kind of excuses for downplaying the mental and physical subjugation that African-Americans endured from the 1600's to the 1960's in America. Slavery happened 400 years ago, get over it, go back to Africa if it was so good over there etc. Let's not talk about the hundreds of innocent black men murdered by police departments across the United States.

Let me be clear, I'm not excusing Vick's actions. But why can the caucasians who expose animals to extreme cruelty, so some rich bitch can wear a Chinchilla coat to some red carpet gala, not be held with the same contempt as Michael Vick? Why can V.P Dick Cheney have the heads of deers he shot down in cold blood hanging on the wall of the study in his house and it's not considered animal cruelty? Innocent animals that were shot down with a high powered rifle, then thrown in the back of some scumbags Ford F-150 pickup truck, while the life oozes out of their body. Some of you same bastards who want to string up Vick and profess to be animal lovers, would probably reelect him and Bush if you could. Sure, I can understand slaughterhouses on some level, but you have people who own fur coats or have wives, sisters and mothers with fur coats, yet want to act self-righteous towards Michael Vick. Have you ever seen a mouse trap? Well picture a huge one with pointy steel teeth and that's how many animals used in the fur industry are captured. How is this more humane than what Vick did? Most of these pitbulls that were killed, would maim you, your mama, your daddy, or your children if given the chance. Yet, some deer, mink or chinchilla deserves to die a horrible death and it be legal, because some white man is getting rich somewhere. This is bullshyt and you fake animal lovers are full of shyt! If you are going to throw Vick under the bus, then do it to everyone that's torturing animals under the guise of industry.

I can guarantee if Vick fought pitbulls and killed them via lethal injections, public outrage would be almost as virulent as it is now. While you muthafuckas whine about Michael Vick and how he should meet the same fate as Saddam Hussein, I'll being worrying about the NYPD cops who murdered Sean Bell on his wedding day, shot down like the proverbial "dog in the street".

P.S: LBCDO, I agree with everything you said bro!

ottorocket
12-12-2007, 10:06 AM

Ok, out of all of you that are talking about what will happen to him when he goes to jail, have you ever been to jail? Im not proud of it, but Ive done time, recently, here in ATL. As a matter of fact, Ive done time in the same pods as some famous wrestlers, a tons of falcons players, and a couple rappers. Nobody gives a fuck if you're famous, its just if you are in the holding cell going to court that it becomes something to talk about.

Then, for whoever said that the dogs were probally stolen and taken fromshelters, you are wrong. You're assuming a whole lot of bullshit. When people fight pitbulls in "thug culture" or to fight, they dont do robberies on old women on the suburbs for their prize family companion. The dogs are bread by professional breeders, and Ive seen pits go for as much as $2k. In ATL all you hear about is people fighting pits. I wanted to buy one for my ex and got the crash course.

Otto, since this thread isn't about color, why is Vick somehow influencing the "inner city"? He fought pitbulls on a huge estate and nobody outside of his inner circle for the most part knew about it, until PETA, the media and law enforcement went after him. What's this "brothas" getting their asses beat in jail, by some short Vietnamese guy nonsense. Your use of words seems contradictory to your "it have nothing to do with race" drivel, that I hear incessantly on HA. When a black man fucks up and everyone wants to strap him into the electric chair. I was talking to one of my coworkers the other day, about how that white kid, that killed those 8 people in the mall was depicted by the mainstream media vs. a black kid that might rob and kill someone in the media. He was "humanized", with the whole "he's troubled", "he was ostracized by everyone", " he was all alone in the world" and other psychobabble, that never seems to find it's way into the pages of stories relating to black and latino murderers. We're savages, barbarians, thugs and unfit to live to the media, when we shoot up the joint. It's not just blacks and browns, as the media described the Virginia Tech shooter the same way. "The face of evil", "Pure Evil" and all this other shyt. Sure, it might be true, but he was a loner and outcast too. The white kid Asa Coons who shot up the school in Cleveland got the same "humanization". That "Trenchcoat Mafia" clown from Columbine recv'd that same news angle from the media. I'm sick of this double standard shyt and people wanna play dumb, like it doesn't exist. The publicity came from PETA and the mainstream media. I didn't know shyt about Michael Vick fighting dogs, nor did my friends who live in Atlanta. White boys in the South have been fighting dogs way longer than Vick and his ilk. But as usual, Blacks are the face of crime in America, so following that line of thinking, Vick is the face of dogfighting, Barry Bonds is the face of steroids, Isiah Thomas is the face of misogyny and male chauvinism in pro sports and O.J Simpson the face of domestic abuse and violence towards women.

To all you bastards that want to see Vick hanged, lynched and raped. Following that line of thinking, for some of you that have ancestors or older family members who participated in Jim Crow terrorism, the Jewish Holocaust and other atrocities throughout the world directed at actual human beings, how would you like if somebody hung and raped your great-granddaddy or uncle. Most whites nowadays are more disturbed by what Michael Vick did, yet have all kind of excuses for downplaying the mental and physical subjugation that African-Americans endured from the 1600's to the 1960's in America. Slavery happened 400 years ago, get over it, go back to Africa if it was so good over there etc. Let's not talk about the hundreds of innocent black men murdered by police departments across the United States.

Let me be clear, I'm not excusing Vick's actions. But why can the caucasians who expose animals to extreme cruelty, so some rich bitch can wear a Chinchilla coat to some red carpet gala, not be held with the same contempt as Michael Vick? Why can V.P Dick Cheney have the heads of deers he shot down in cold blood hanging on the wall of the study in his house and it's not considered animal cruelty? Innocent animals that were shot down with a high powered rifle, then thrown in the back of some scumbags Ford F-150 pickup truck, while the life oozes out of their body. Some of you same bastards who want to string up Vick and profess to be animal lovers, would probably reelect him and Bush if you could. Sure, I can understand slaughterhouses on some level, but you have people who own fur coats or have wives, sisters and mothers with fur coats, yet want to act self-righteous towards Michael Vick. Have you ever seen a mouse trap? Well picture a huge one with pointy steel teeth and that's how many animals used in the fur industry are captured. How is this more humane than what Vick did? Most of these pitbulls that were killed, would maim you, your mama, your daddy, or your children if given the chance. Yet, some deer, mink or chinchilla deserves to die a horrible death and it be legal, because some white man is getting rich somewhere. This is bullshyt and you fake animal lovers are full of shyt! If you are going to throw Vick under the bus, then do it to everyone that's torturing animals under the guise of industry.

I can guarantee if Vick fought pitbulls and killed them via lethal injections, public outrage would be almost as virulent as it is now. While you muthafuckas whine about Michael Vick and how he should meet the same fate as Saddam Hussein, I'll being worrying about the NYPD cops who murdered Sean Bell on his wedding day, shot down like the proverbial "dog in the street".

For you to extrapolate such an ignorant diatribe of personal resentment so far out of context from the OP is quite amazing... We all need to vent sometimes.

DJ_Asia
12-12-2007, 11:10 AM
MV killed dogs who were beaten in the fighting ring,or who "underperformed"..gunshots,drowning,electrocution or simply being slammed to the ground until they were dead....

The word "underperformed" really sticks out in my mind.

In 3 years when he is playing in Oakland and throws an interception or loses a game,or othewise "underperforms"I'd like to see MV locked in a room with a dozen pissed off attack dogs....see how he likes it.

Hes a fucking piece of shit!

Mr_Choc69
12-12-2007, 01:45 PM
I was hoping from the start Vick would be punished severely, understanding that animals, specifically dogs in this case, were inhumanely and cruelly killed, which I believe any human being with the proper respect for living creatures should find upsetting. Of course, we all know that some human beings are less human than others, so we get people minimizing the fact Vick took part in drowning seven dogs as if all he did was behead seven chickens that he subsequently fed to his poor family. These are the same people who step over the homeless at the subway station without an afterthought though, so what do you expect? Anyway, clearly I'm pleased Michael Vick was treated as harshly under the law as he was.

That said, if you inserted Bret Favre here in place of Michael Vick, do you think you'd get a 23 month sentence? I sure as hell don't...

T- You are right - Mr Green Bay would have been given a pass!!! They would have come up with some elaborate excuse and he would still be tossing passes in the NFL.

Mr_Choc69
12-12-2007, 01:50 PM

Beat Maker - Well said!!! Nice arguments.

If I were you I would not expect a reply to your points. Those who can't "debate" in normal fashion typically just hurl "insults" and try to belittle your viewpoint without actually defending their position.

SugaSweet
12-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Put him on the fifty yard line and 11 attack trained Rottweillers,Dobermans,and German Shepherds on the forty.Give him the ball and if his stupid thug ass makes it to the end zone........reinstate him.

Night Rider
12-12-2007, 05:32 PM

-Quinn

At last count 43% of the STR8 guys on this board are "Soap Droppers" :P

That's being generous! That figure needs multiplied..

Put him on the fifty yard line and 11 attack trained Rottweillers,Dobermans,and German Shepherds on the forty.Give him the ball and if his stupid thug ass makes it to the end zone........reinstate him.

That would be keeping it real ! Throw in a couple of pits too, just for revenge..

LBCDO
12-12-2007, 05:33 PM

Proving Mr_Choc's point exactly...

DJ_Asia
12-12-2007, 06:17 PM

with those breeds you'd need all 11!

Just gimme MV and 1 Bandogge or 1 Fila Brasiliero...promise you he aint coming out alive.

El Nino
12-12-2007, 06:30 PM
He will probably get killed in there...

TheOne1
12-12-2007, 06:39 PM
He will probably get killed in there...

he is serving little time, and he will have a low-custody status, which means even if they do put him in a pop. area, and not in pc which they probably will, he will most likely be in with people serving little time as well...
people who are in prison or jail are not smart, but they do not kill each other when they know they'll be getting out in a few years or less.

hope to see him back in the league.... he was sentenced to this punishment for what he did, I hope everyone else does not punish him for the rest of his life (hopefully people will forget about it in a month like they do everything else).

BADAZZBODY
12-12-2007, 07:48 PM
I PERSONALLY THINK ITS A LIL EXTREME OF A SENTENCE ..EVEN THOUGH HE WAS WRONG ..YES THEY SHOULD PUNISH HIM TO SHOW OTHERS THAT ANIMAL FIGHTING AND CRUELTY IS IS WRONG BUT THATS A SENTENCE IS REALLY FUKED UP..

HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER BEING A PROFESSIONAL AND BEING IN THE MEDIA EYE THAT CERTAIN BEHAVIOR WILL GET THE BOOK THROWN AT U..

BUT LETS BE REAL FOR A MINUTE..ANIMAL CRUELTY ...U GOT PEOPLE GOING OUT GAME HUNTING SHOTTING DUCKS. BEARS, DEERS. RABBITS..ETC PEOPLE KILLING COWS CHICKES PIGS GOATS...AND ALOT OF THOSE ANIMALS WE EAT AND THEY'VE BEEN DOMESTICATED TO AS HOUSEHOLD PETS TOO..

I REMEMBER MY MOM TOLD ME A STORY OF HER HAVING A PET RABBIT AND HER FATHER BEFORE SHE GOT HOME FROM SCHOOL COOKED IT FOR DINNER.
DINNER WAS ON THE TABLE IT WAS HER RABBIT ..AFTER DINNER SHE WAS LOOKING FOR IT AND SHE ATE IT...LOL OMG ..SHE GAGGED

IM SURE THAT JUDGE ISNT EATING VEGGIES ALL DAY HE DONE ATE AN ANIMAL THATS GOT KILLED..AND SO HAVE U WHO IS READING THIS ..

I HAVE A DOG AND IM FAR FROM AN ADVICATE OF DOG FIGHTING AND ANIMAL CRUELTY ..AND I KNOW ANIMALS HAVE FELLINGS TOO..BUT WE CHOP THEM UP AND EAT THEM ..WEAR THEM ON OUR BACK ..I JUST DO VIEW ANIMALS AND HUMANS ARE EQUAL..

AND I DONT THINK HE SHOULD GET THE BOOK THROWN AT HIM FOR THE SAME FOR SHIT THAT OTHER PEOPLE DO FOR SPORT, FASHION, FOOD, SURVIVAL ETC

BLAH BLAH BLAH I THINK THEY NEED A REALITY CHECK GIVE THAT MAN A FINE MAYBE 30 DAYS TAKE AWAY SOME PAY..THATS ABOUT IT..

IM HUNGRY NOW IMMA BOUT TO COOK UP SOME CHICKEN SOME ANIMAL SOMEONE JUST CHOPED UP IN PEICES JUST FOR ME TO EAT..AND IT WAS PROBABLY SOME CHILDS PET ON A FARM BEFORE HAND LOL..

chefmike
12-12-2007, 10:39 PM
White boys in the South have been fighting dogs way longer than Vick and his ilk.There have been some widely publicized cases of whites convicted for dogfighting that were mentioned when Sickvick was arrested. I recall reading that at least one of them received a larger sentence than Sickvick just got.
And as far as Sickvick being demonized because he is black, what other celebs, etc. have been convicted of such sadistic acts toward animals? If Brett Favre had been convicted instead of Sickvick, he would have been vilified in the same manner, and deservedly so.

bezane
12-12-2007, 11:24 PM
So now we have the Racial aspects of the Michael Vick excuse.

We will compare slaughter for food to "dog fighting" for kicks.

And we will use underlying racist rants including the socially accepted racial slur "White Boys," and because others have done it then Black Michael Vick gets a pass.

I'm White. I hate White scumbag dogfighters. I hate White scum murderers. I hate White scum rapists. My outrage doesn't exist along racial lines.

Unless the Black community is going to hold someone like Michael Vick accountable, and the like, it will be part of the continuing destruction of any advancement made my generations of Civil Rights Leaders and Black Activists. This is disgusting for anyone to turn this onto a Racial subtext.

Continue to blame others. Continue to make excuses for the breakdown in the nuclear family. Continue to live in a world thats turns a blind eye to the collective horror of the human condition historically in this world, suffered by nearly every ethnicity. Make people's ire rise and then press the government to legislate love.

Michael Vick did a disgusting thing. That sounds a hell of a lot more fair than Michael Vick, Black man, was harshly sentenced for the equivalent to slaugtering chickens, something Tyson does 4 million times a day.

Now to excuse these horrible acts we should put Fido in the crosshairs. Let's victimize something, anything, as long as it's not Michael Vick.

chefmike
12-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Well said, bezane.

Mr_Choc69
12-13-2007, 01:40 AM

Proving Mr_Choc's point exactly...

Of Course!!! You know how they are - Ha Ha

Quinn
12-13-2007, 01:46 AM
Well put, Bezane. His apologists will argue for anything, so long as it’s not personal accountability. One word: weak….

-Quinn

Night Rider
12-13-2007, 02:07 AM
Why am I not surprised racism got brought into this? Bullshit.

Mr_Choc69
12-13-2007, 02:33 AM
Gee - Where do I start?

First - I don't think I ever stated that I "condoned" what Mr. Vick did in regards to his acts with the Gambling or the Animal Abuse. I am a dog owner and find the actions of ANY dog fighter reprehensible.

However - I laugh at the hypocrisy of it all. I will stand by my earlier point - We live in a country where grown men, women and although I can not believe it CHILDREN go out and hunt and kill various animals and we condone that as the "American Way". I for one am Anti-Hunting and I think all of you should find this behavior just as appalling and you should be calling for these "hunters" to be lined up and "raped" "beaten" killed" etc etc etc. But I am going to guess that you will not - just a hunch. I see that some of you jumped on my "slaughterhouse" comment. My point in that was that we kill/destroy animals everyday in an inhumane way (if any of you think that they do it in a civilized manner I would be more than happy to send you some pics/vids/literature to make you think otherwise).

Race - You know I would not expect any of you to see race as a factor in the public outcry about Mr Vick. (again - in case you forgot - I don't condone his actions). But you must realize that race IS a factor and will most likely always be a factor in the treatment of AA Males on a Micro and Macro level. But that is a whole different subject that will and can be debated for infinity. But for someone who says that the "race issue" is BS...I really don't expect much out of you...your mind is looking at this from a point of view that has never had to deal with that on the same level.

We are losing sight of the the Crime that is putting him behind bars.....

Gambling - An illegal act - No argument there. If the gambling portion of this indictment was removed he would be looking at a lot less time in the Federal Correction System. This is what is actually taking him to prison. Why is there not the same level of outrage about that? Would some call it a faceless/victimless crime? That's up for debate.

Night Rider
12-13-2007, 02:56 AM
He got the same sentence as any other person would get, and why shouldn't he. These celebs get away with far too much these days and it's about time there was some justice. Because he's high profile it will make people think twice before they get involved in dog fighting. If this was just some guy off the street, then everyone would have forgotton about this by now. There's no point in saying "oh but look at what else is going on in the world" because that's completely irrelevant. We're talking about a man that was involved heavily involved in pitbull fighting, let's stay on topic. I've heard enough excuses trying to defend him when it's clear to the majority, he deserves everything he gets and more.

I just find it hard to believe that a white man would get less of a sentence. I remember hearing about a white guy doing slightly more time over dog fighting, but that was in UK. I'll take your word for it if USA is different in that respect.

Gambling on the other hand shouldn't be classed as a crime. People should be allowed to do whatever the fuck they want with their money. We pay taxes but we have restrictions to what we can do with our money...it's bullshit.

TJ347
12-13-2007, 06:19 AM
He got the same sentence as any other person would get, and why shouldn't he. These celebs get away with far too much these days and it's about time there was some justice. Because he's high profile it will make people think twice before they get involved in dog fighting. If this was just some guy off the street, then everyone would have forgotton about this by now. There's no point in saying "oh but look at what else is going on in the world" because that's completely irrelevant. We're talking about a man that was involved heavily involved in pitbull fighting, let's stay on topic. I've heard enough excuses trying to defend him when it's clear to the majority, he deserves everything he gets and more.

I just find it hard to believe that a white man would get less of a sentence. I remember hearing about a white guy doing slightly more time over dog fighting, but that was in UK. I'll take your word for it if USA is different in that respect.

Gambling on the other hand shouldn't be classed as a crime. People should be allowed to do whatever the fuck they want with their money. We pay taxes but we have restrictions to what we can do with our money...it's bullshit.

First off, you're not from America, so you really don't have a good perspective on the American justice system. Thus, while you may find it hard to believe a white man would get less of a sentence, the fact is that here it has happened for centuries and still happens today all too often, particularly if the white man in question has money. That's why I used the Bret Favre comparison previously versus using some random white guy nobody knows, like Wally Wallenby or somebody... A millionaire black guy is guilty from the time charges are first suggested, whereas a millionaire white guy is given the benefit of the doubt, and while any number of people will subsequently post their reasons for disagreeing with that statement, I'm willing to bet none of them will be black.

It's uncomfortable for a lot of white people, particularly liberals, to admit that justice in America is applied differently depending on several factors, race and economic status chief among them, but the statistics bear that out, which I would love to see those claiming race is immaterial disprove in their subsequent rebuttals to what I've said. Of course, it won't happen, because even the Supreme Court has investigated the role racism has played in death penalty cases, and surely we don't have any Justices here, now do we?

I believe Michael Vick should have gotten a harsher sentence, personally. I have no tolerance for animal cruelty in any form or fashion. Nonetheless, the fact is that were we talking about Tom Brady, a public apology and a donation to the ASPCA along with a fine from the NFL and a suspended sentence would make many of the white people pissed at Michael Vick forgive and forget in short order, in my opinion and in my experience.

DJ_Asia
12-13-2007, 10:00 AM
This whole racist twist is BS! MV commited multiple heinous crimes,and then had the nerve to lie to a federal judge about it....dude is lucky all he got was 23 months.

Someone else wrote that if a millionaire black man is tried in a court of law he is presumed guilty...yup...tell that to Ron and Nichole.

This isnt a racist thing...its a cultural thing...thug life/culture,just so happens to attract ethnic minorities to this lifestyle,but certainly thug life does not exclude whites.Yall need to stop confusing the two.MV was not found guilty of being black,he was found guilty of being a dog fighting piece of shit...deal with it.

If a white or latino thug was convicted of the crimes MV commited then they should also be strung up by the balls and have a pissed off Fila turned loose on em...

Night Rider
12-13-2007, 04:05 PM

First off, you're not from America, so you really don't have a good perspective on the American justice system. Thus, while you may find it hard to believe a white man would get less of a sentence, the fact is that here it has happened for centuries and still happens today all too often, particularly if the white man in question has money. That's why I used the Bret Favre comparison previously versus using some random white guy nobody knows, like Wally Wallenby or somebody... A millionaire black guy is guilty from the time charges are first suggested, whereas a millionaire white guy is given the benefit of the doubt, and while any number of people will subsequently post their reasons for disagreeing with that statement, I'm willing to bet none of them will be black.

It's uncomfortable for a lot of white people, particularly liberals, to admit that justice in America is applied differently depending on several factors, race and economic status chief among them, but the statistics bear that out, which I would love to see those claiming race is immaterial disprove in their subsequent rebuttals to what I've said. Of course, it won't happen, because even the Supreme Court has investigated the role racism has played in death penalty cases, and surely we don't have any Justices here, now do we?

I believe Michael Vick should have gotten a harsher sentence, personally. I have no tolerance for animal cruelty in any form or fashion. Nonetheless, the fact is that were we talking about Tom Brady, a public apology and a donation to the ASPCA along with a fine from the NFL and a suspended sentence would make many of the white people pissed at Michael Vick forgive and forget in short order, in my opinion and in my experience.

I stated in my post that I'll take people's word if the American justice system is somewhat different to the UK. The fact of the matter is he hasn't been harshly sentenced taking into account the crimes he commited. You've already acknowledged that in your posts so I'm not sure why racism was brought into the thread in the first place. The case you pointed out about Tom Brady must leave a bitter taste in the mouth for African Americans, but that's not to say that he wouldn't have been sentenced equally by the same judge. I don't know anything about that case but if he had similar charges against him, then he should've been sentenced in the same manner, and also ass raped for being such a coward. I know not everyone here agrees with that, but that's justice in my opinion.

stillies77
12-13-2007, 04:05 PM
that fuckin asshole needs to get 23 years either that or get the ike turner.

LBCDO
12-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Nobody made it a race issue, in reguards to the time that michael vick got, its just that a couple people here tried to make it "thug culture" and it got called on

Night Rider
12-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Nobody made it a race issue, in reguards to the time that michael vick got, its just that a couple people here tried to make it "thug culture" and it got called on

I can't comment on what other people have said, but I personally don't associate thug culture with one particular race. A thug is a thug.

LBCDO
12-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Yea but when someone says its "thug culture" and "the bruthas think x" in the same paragraph, its hard to argue who someone was talking about

Night Rider
12-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I understand what you're saying, but I'm just saying from my point of view that thug culture is thug culture no matter what.

I missed that post but I know where you're coming from.

chefmike
12-13-2007, 10:06 PM

As far as sickvick is concerned it is most definitely thug culture. As far as rural whites are concerned it is most definitely redneck culture. So what's your point? While we're on the subject, sickvick's little brother is an even bigger thug wannabe. Deal with it, sport.

chefmike
12-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Nobody made it a race issue, in reguards to the time that michael vick got, its just that a couple people here tried to make it "thug culture" and it got called on You got called on it, slick.

ottorocket
12-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Yea but when someone says its "thug culture" and "the bruthas think x" in the same paragraph, its hard to argue who someone was talking about

I think its just YOU thats hung up on the race issue... Its a common tactic for the defenseless to argue race to defend a scumbag criminal like Vick when there arent any other valid points to go to.

LET ME REITERATE. I COULD GIVE A SQUAT FUCK FOR HIS COLOR. THUG CULTURE ISNT ABOUT COLOR!!

You deftly try and take isolated examples i've given and extrapolate it into something it isn't. Had this been Brett Favre...i'd have said exactly the same shit...so deal with it.

LBCDO
12-13-2007, 10:16 PM
I know a lot of quote-unquote "thugs" and they never fought a pitbull. Is it tranny culture to sniff coke? Is it tranny culture to rob people while they sleep?

I was pointing out that people were saying "thug culture" and "bruthas" as if it were the same thing. Dont be naive. You walk into a room bar and say "Yea, where are all the bruthas at" and who do you think is going to respond.

I didnt get called on shit

chefmike
12-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Sure you didn't... :roll:

LBCDO
12-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Whatever, Im not going to get into this online tit for tat shit. Search the thread, I dont have time to.

bezane
12-14-2007, 06:03 AM
I know a lot of quote-unquote "thugs" and they never fought a pitbull. Is it tranny culture to sniff coke? Is it tranny culture to rob people while they sleep?

I was pointing out that people were saying "thug culture" and "bruthas" as if it were the same thing. Dont be naive. You walk into a room bar and say "Yea, where are all the bruthas at" and who do you think is going to respond.

I didnt get called on shit

I would say yes. There are certain idiosyncrasies in every "culture." Thug culture much as I've previously stated has gravitated to many things "Mafia", many things "ostentatious", and yes "dog-fighting."

The elements of defining something like a contemporary "culture," especially one with a negative connotation will include negative stereotypes. The word "Tranny" culture while not exactly as common as "thug" culture would include things like drugs, outrageous fashion etc., and at the same time not be synonymous with "Transsexual" culture much the way "Thug" culture has very little to do with "Black" culture.

Race doesn't scare me. And I think many here feel the same way. In discussing issues I don't feel compelled to walk a semantic minefield. I find the people here that brought up the race issue as somewhat of an excuse or as something that we HAVE to consider, are in fact, whether knowing or unknowing, to be racist themselves. They are inferring that Blacks are unable to navigate life, society and its laws because of a White death grip on their fate. That in and of itself is quite racist. To not allow individuals to independently navigate their lives without regard to an affiliation clearly bleeds the idea of their incapability.

BBaggins06
12-14-2007, 07:43 AM
LOL :popcorn:

This is the funniest thread I've read here in a long time. We've got two of the most sanctimonious groups duking it out for moral supremacy, the PETA whackos vs. the race apologists. I truly don't know who I have more contempt for, the jerkoff who thinks hunters should be executed or the asshole who thinks race should be an automatic Get Out of Jail Free Card. Then you have posters who think dogs are better than people and people who conveniently forget about all the celebrities who do get away with murder irregardless of race.

All this thread needs is for someone to get salvagely beaten and we'll be up to 100 pages in no time. Keep up the great work fellas. Mahalo

Matt

chefmike
12-14-2007, 10:14 AM

This is the funniest thread I've read here in a long time. We've got two of the most sanctimonious groups duking it out for moral supremacy, the PETA whackos vs. the race apologists. I truly don't know who I have more contempt for, the jerkoff who thinks hunters should be executed or the asshole who thinks race should be an automatic Get Out of Jail Free Card. Then you have posters who think dogs are better than people and people who conveniently forget about all the celebrities who do get away with murder irregardless of race.

All this thread needs is for someone to get salvagely beaten and we'll be up to 100 pages in no time. Keep up the great work fellas. Mahalo

Matt

So anyone who condemns vick is a PETA whacko? Fuck you and fuck PETA, Matt. I cook tasty animals everyday, but I don't torture them first. Mahalo, douchebag!

BBaggins06
12-21-2007, 02:07 AM

Matt

So anyone who condemns vick is a PETA whacko? Fuck you and fuck PETA, Matt. I cook tasty animals everyday, but I don't torture them first. Mahalo, douchebag!

LOL Isn't it a rite of passage here on HA to have you tell someone to fuck themselves? I'm honored I finally crossed that Rubicon. Since you don't know how to read between the lines, I guess I have to spell it out for you. The PETA whackos are the ones "who think hunters should be executed". Mahalo

Matt

LBCDO
12-21-2007, 03:17 AM
All I got to say is learn how to read. If you want to know why I said anything in this thread, learn how to read. Dont fucking assume, dont make assumptions, just read the post before mine and you will see why I wrote everything I wrote. But personally, my life goes on, so I can really care less.

chefmike
12-21-2007, 08:12 AM

Matt

LOL Isn't it a rite of passage here on HA to have you tell someone to fuck themselves? I'm honored I finally crossed that Rubicon. Since you don't know how to read between the lines, I guess I have to spell it out for you. The PETA whackos are the ones "who think hunters should be executed". Mahalo

Matt

Let me spell something out for you(again), slick. I don't give a flying fuck through a rolling donut what PETA thinks, or what the sickvick apologists think. Both groups are made up of equally deluded fools. End of story.

Mahalo*smirk*

Helvis2012
05-24-2009, 05:00 PM
He'll be on his knees in a matter of days.