PDA

View Full Version : What is love...

JamesHunt
12-08-2007, 08:39 AM
... to you. This aint meant to be some deep & meaningful question, but the word 'LOVE' is thrown around a lot when it comes to relationships, know wot I mean :wink: But what does it mean to you :?: Does it really exist, or is it a pigment of our imagination :?: Do you really care????

JamesHunt
12-08-2007, 09:42 AM
everyonoes avoiding this quesion, lol

OEMEnemyNum1
12-08-2007, 09:43 AM
everyonoes avoiding this quesion, lol

Yep!

lust4ts
12-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Just can't be bothered James, I've never been in love, unless you count with myself of course :wink:

JamesHunt
12-08-2007, 09:45 AM
fuck it, lets move on....

....thread dies..... :lol:

OEMEnemyNum1
12-08-2007, 09:47 AM
i'm waiting for Honda to jump in.

hippifried
12-08-2007, 10:13 AM
If i knew what "love" is, I would have already written the definitive book on the subject & be too busy counting my money to be talking to any of y'all.

Seriously though: I can't think of of another subject that has been so widely discussed, written about, & portrayed in the arts throughout the history of humankind as this one, & still nobody can answer the question "What does it mean?".

Fox
12-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Chris Rock said you have to love the crust of a mofo, not just the white part of the bread. Loving in spite of him/her squeezing the toothpaste from the middle, leaving the toilet seat up/down, in spite of them wanting to watch that annoying talk show or sports game even though you had no intention to watch TV, in spite of them not picking up after themselves, you know, the day to day shit. When you want them to be happy even if it's not with you.

That's what I generally think of when I think of love in a intimate relationship. It's easy to fall in lust, be infatuated and romantic and all that jazz, so I tend to look past it. Just my thoughts.

EDIT: I just realized I didn't touch on love outside of intimate relationships. Um... as far as family/friendships and whatnot, I don't know. All I know is it must come from within, like a planted seed and grow from there.

peggygee
12-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Chris Rock said you have to love the crust of a mofo, not just the white part of the bread. Loving in spite of him/her squeezing the toothpaste from the middle, leaving the toilet seat up/down, in spite of them wanting to watch that annoying talk show or sports game even though you had no intention to watch TV, in spite of them not picking up after themselves, you know, the day to day shit. When you want them to be happy even if it's not with you.

That's what I generally think of when I think of love in a intimate relationship. It's easy to fall in lust, be infatuated and romantic and all that jazz, so I tend to look past it. Just my thoughts.

EDIT: I just realized I didn't touch on love outside of intimate relationships. Um... as far as family/friendships and whatnot, I don't know. All I know is it must come from within, like a planted seed and grow from there.

I'll go for that!

And if Chris and Fox said it is must be true. :wink:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/chris-rock.jpg

Fox
12-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Haha, I still don't fool around in the champagne room. ;)

yodajazz
12-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Love is making someone elses happiness as important as your own. The thing that gives you to most joy is to see them happy. Giving not just because you get something in return, but giving for the sake expressing love.

But in a larger spiritual sense, every material item created by man was a result of Love. For example people loved problem solving and invented the computer. Or someone loved their family enough that they worked and made the chair you are sitting in. They wanted the pay to make a home for thier loved ones, etc.

Love is making a positive dream become reality. Doing the work to accomplish it is just another way of giving for the sake of expressing love.

arnie666
12-08-2007, 12:18 PM
I have only truly loved someone once. I think it was love anyway.I certainly felt more for this girl for any other. Even when we were in a relationship I got butterflies everytime I saw her. The sex never got boring. I never cheated. When she was away I pined for her. One time when she was sick I was by her bedside mopping her brow.Now normally I am a bit of a hypochrondriac but for her I didn't care about her passing the bug to me. I remember often sitting outside in the garden talking all night about anything.

Then I asked her to marry me and she said no and it turned out she was engaged to someone else, I was just a bit of rough not rich and not marriage material to her. I actually physically puked. I got totally played. I wanted to murder the other bloke. But when I met him I didn't and I didn't tell him about her and me.I didn't have the heart too.I just wanted out to be honest. Since then I have never had great relationships. Because other girls just don't compare. And I have a slight problem with trust issues now too.