yo thats a cool lookin mutt
I'd spoil that bastard silly
remember Rocky 1?

MrsKellyPierce
12-07-2007, 03:16 PM
lol yeah but when they get older

Jennifer_English
12-07-2007, 03:28 PM
british buldogs are sooooooo cute... i want one.

Night Rider
12-07-2007, 04:05 PM
chow chow's are cool but they can be nasty fuckers...

needsum
12-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Pugs are awesome dogs to have, especially if you love to be the center of attention--they love you to death and are loyal to a fault.

Heres one of my pugs (before he "bulked" up . . .) I had given him a pork chop bone to chew on and it wound up, well, just look at the pic .. .

muhmuh
12-07-2007, 09:03 PM

hey that 2. one almost looks like a proper chow
first one shows all that is wrong with the breed today

i really want one sometime soon but im afraid the summers have gotten a little too hot for chows round here lately :/

Night Rider
12-07-2007, 09:11 PM

hey that 2. one almost looks like a proper chow
first one shows all that is wrong with the breed today

i really want one sometime soon but im afraid the summers have gotten a little too hot for chows round here lately :/

They're a really nice looking dog, but I don't know much about them to be honest. If I get a dog it will either be a chow or a rottweiler. The problem with Rottweilers is it's illegal to get their tails docked now in UK, and they just look wierd with long tails.

muhmuh
12-07-2007, 09:23 PM
anyone who wants to cut the tail off his dog should have a similarly shaped part of his body removed in exchange... preferably with an old rusty razorblade

Night Rider
12-07-2007, 09:28 PM
anyone who wants to cut the tail off his dog should have a similarly shaped part of his body removed in exchange... preferably with an old rusty razorblade

We did, it's called an umbilical cord. They cut them off when they are just born, and the dog gives no sign of pain or discomfort. Trust me I'm from a family that is obsessed by dogs and it's just these animal rights assholes that don't allow it. It's typical of the UK. It's still legal to do it in Republic of Ireland and across Europe.

ottorocket
12-07-2007, 09:33 PM

Why's that? You do realize alot of breeds wouldn't be their unique breed without manipulating their physical traits. Is having ones foreskin removed also as barbaric? No body uses rusty implements to remove a dogs tail, usually its done under anesthetic and the dog never knows much what happened.

muhmuh
12-07-2007, 11:43 PM
We did, it's called an umbilical cord.

which is cut off for a good medical reason

They cut them off when they are just born, and the dog gives no sign of pain or discomfort.

so? its still sick to mutilate a dog because this or that bit doesnt match your furniture
heres an idea... buy a breed you like without having to cut off bits and pieces first

It's typical of the UK. It's still legal to do it in Republic of Ireland and across Europe.

illegal in germany... and for good reason

You do realize alot of breeds wouldn't be their unique breed without manipulating their physical traits.

name one where that manipulation isnt achieved by breeding

Is having ones foreskin removed also as barbaric?

if its done on a child that cant choose whether or not to do the operation without any phimosis requiring the operation? yes very but mostly utterly stupid

if you cant see how cutting off one of the dogs main methods for communication just for the hell of it is wrong youre a blithering idiot

bezane
12-07-2007, 11:55 PM
This is Pam. A rescue of mine that I adopted out to a Marine that is in Iraq. Will be tough to give her up as promised. Obviously a beauty!!!

Night Rider
12-08-2007, 01:35 AM
muhmuh, if you don't agree with docking a dogs tail, then I'm not going to try and change your opinion. The dogs can't feel a thing so what's the difference in docking tails and getting a dog clipped & groomed to "suit your furniture", as you put it?

Also, tell me how it is legal too fish when it's been scientifically proven that fish feel pain, but illegal do dock a dogs tail?

muhmuh
12-08-2007, 01:53 AM
The dogs can't feel a thing so what's the difference in docking tails and getting a dog clipped & groomed to "suit your furniture", as you put it?

other than thats its permanent?
since you imply that theres no difference and since you obviously dont have a tail lets consider docking ears for a moment
would you really say that if your parents had your ears cut off when you were a baby would be just the same as them cutting your nails or hair?

docking qualifies as mutilation grooming obviously does not (except for poodles maybe)

Night Rider
12-08-2007, 02:02 AM
The dogs can't feel a thing so what's the difference in docking tails and getting a dog clipped & groomed to "suit your furniture", as you put it?

other than thats its permanent?
since you imply that theres no difference and since you obviously dont have a tail lets consider docking ears for a moment
would you really say that if your parents had your ears cut off when you were a baby would be just the same as them cutting your nails or hair?

docking qualifies as mutilation grooming obviously does not (except for poodles maybe)

You're starting to talk shit here muhmuh. A dog has it's tail docked before it can even open it's eyes, so it's not going to know any different. Incase you aren't aware dogs can't have conversations with each other about why one has a tail and why one doesn't! Dogs are not going to feel insecure about having no tail, infact it can be beneficial. Talking about humans getting their ears cut off is a comlpetely different story.

alphanumeric
12-08-2007, 02:02 AM
muhmuh, if you don't agree with docking a dogs tail, then I'm not going to try and change your opinion. The dogs can't feel a thing so what's the difference in docking tails and getting a dog clipped & groomed to "suit your furniture", as you put it?

Also, tell me how it is legal too fish when it's been scientifically proven that fish feel pain, but illegal do dock a dogs tail?

cuz you don't eat the dog afterward? :shrug

Night Rider
12-08-2007, 02:04 AM

There are alot of fish you don't eat, like pike for example.

alphanumeric
12-08-2007, 02:39 AM

There are alot of fish you don't eat, like pike for example.
actually I have eaten pike. they're very tasty.

Night Rider
12-08-2007, 02:44 AM

90% of pike fishers do it as a sport. They usually unhook them and throw them back in the water after they've caught them.

alphanumeric
12-08-2007, 02:49 AM

90% of pike fishers do it as a sport. They usually unhook them and throw them back in the water after they've caught them.

Hunh. Me and my family when I was younger used to go fishing in alberta and Pike is pretty much the only fish locally worth catching. it is a very tasty fish. (Mean Bugger too)

Night Rider
12-08-2007, 02:56 AM

Hunh. Me and my family when I was younger used to go fishing in alberta and Pike is pretty much the only fish locally worth catching. it is a very tasty fish. (Mean Bugger too)

I've been pike fishing myself a few times, and neither me or any of my mates eat them. I'm not saying they're not nice because to be honest, I've never tasted them. What I'm saying is (at least in UK) they're a fish that people catch as a sport because of the good fight they give. By the way, I don't fish anymore after finding out that they do actually feel the pain. Just because they're ugly little bastards, doesn't mean you can drag them out of the water with a barbed hook and let them suffocate, and then eat them.

muhmuh
12-08-2007, 03:10 AM

mixing apples and oranges does not make a good argument

You're starting to talk shit here muhmuh.

interesting comming from a guy who likened grooming to mutilation

A dog has it's tail docked before it can even open it's eyes, so it's not going to know any different. Incase you aren't aware dogs can't have conversations with each other about why one has a tail and why one doesn't! Dogs are not going to feel insecure about having no tail, infact it can be beneficial.

in case you havent noticed dogs do a whole lot of communication with their tails... if that line of probably instinctive behavious is cut of it will at the least be confusing

Talking about humans getting their ears cut off is a comlpetely different story.

its both mutilation for no reason other than that the guy doing it is being a bit of a dick... but then again most people who own rottweilers and similar breeds are
plus it was just an extreme example to show you how uttely bereft of any good thinking your comparison of grooming and docking was

Night Rider
12-08-2007, 03:23 AM

mixing apples and oranges does not make a good argument

you've just contradicted yourself, because it was you that compared docking a dogs tail to cutting a childs ears off at birth.....

You're starting to talk shit here muhmuh.

interesting comming from a guy who likened grooming to mutilation

You keep using the word "mutilation as if you're taking the dogs head off, get a grip.

A dog has it's tail docked before it can even open it's eyes, so it's not going to know any different. Incase you aren't aware dogs can't have conversations with each other about why one has a tail and why one doesn't! Dogs are not going to feel insecure about having no tail, infact it can be beneficial.

in case you havent noticed dogs do a whole lot of communication with their tails... if that line of probably instinctive behavious is cut of it will at the least be confusing

Yes, I have noticed but making it shorter will not have any effect on its behaviour or well-being. They still shake their ass like they have a tail.

Talking about humans getting their ears cut off is a comlpetely different story.

its both mutilation for no reason other than that the guy doing it is being a bit of a dick... but then again most people who own rottweilers and similar breeds are
plus it was just an extreme example to show you how uttely bereft of any good thinking your comparison of grooming and docking was

Now this is the most pathetic statement that you've made "most people that own rottweilers are dicks"......Why would that be, elaborate? They're not bread for fighting and they are generally a friendly dog so until you know what the fuck you are talking about, continue to have an intimate relationship with your poodle/chiwawa or whatever dog that a faggot like you would have.

[/quote]

muhmuh
12-08-2007, 03:41 AM
you've just contradicted yourself, because it was you that compared docking a dogs tail to cutting a childs ears off at birth.....

1) docking ears on dogs is a common procedure
2) as i said myself it was a flawed extreme comparison to illustrate how illogical it was of you to put grooming and docking on the same level

You keep using the word "mutilation as if you're taking the dogs head off, get a grip.

Mutilation or maiming is an act or physical injury that degrades the appearance or function of the (human) body, usually without causing death.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutilation

applies just fine to docking

Yes, I have noticed but making it shorter will not have any effect on its behaviour or well-being. They still shake their ass as if they don't have a tail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docking_%28dog%29#Arguments_against_docking_dogs.2 7_tails

Now this is the most pathetic statement that you've made "most people that own rottweilers are dicks"......Why would that be, elaborate?

observations about the kind of usually authorative characters (not sure if thats a term in english but think thomas mann: untertan) that are the usual attack dog owners

or whatever dog that a faggot like you would have.

ran out of options and tried to pull that card? nice try too bad it doesnt work on me

and btw learn how to quote properly

Night Rider
12-08-2007, 03:58 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutilation [lol, you can't give a link about human mutilation ans write beside it "applies just fine to docking"]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docking_%28dog%29#Arguments_against_docking_dogs.2 7_tails I've no time to read this as I've read some discussions in the past. This is arguments against docking, not facts. I've been brought up by a dog obsessed family and it's only the people outside of the dog scene (that don't have a clue) argue against it.

muhmuh wrote:
ran out of options and tried to pull that card? nice try too bad it doesnt work on me

Everytime you write back, you contradict yourself. You said most people that own a rottwieler are dicks and that was my response.

I'm not going to argue back and forth with you about a painless act in docking a dogs tail. I suppose you're a vegeterian and a charity worker, because if you're not then you've alot more to do to be Mr. Perfect before you worry about tail docking.

Go and give your dog a walk...

muhmuh
12-08-2007, 04:26 AM
still unable to quote huh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutilation [lol, you can't give a link about human mutilation ans write beside it "applies just fine to docking"]

the bit i actually copied from that article applies just fine to any species and has human in parentheses to emphasize this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docking_%28dog%29#Arguments_against_docking_dogs.2 7_tails I've no time to read this

its a paragraph of 12 lines and you as a guy who racks up 50 posts per day want to avoid discussing it by claiming you havent got time for it? sorry to say that (well actually im not) but youre making a fool of yourself

This is arguments against docking, not facts.

do you honestly believe this little twist of words to dismiss anything against docking as mere oppinion and lift anything for it up to the status of fact will work on me?

I've been brought up by a dog obsessed family and it's only the people outside of the dog scene (that don't have a clue) argue against it.

so have i and i know the dog scene quite well including its pletora of sad individuals that take pride in all the surgeries their dogs have to endure thanks to overbreeding and those which buy dogs as status symbols and not to forget about all those which try to boost their lacking confidence with attack dogs they more often than not cant handle in the slightest

Everytime you write back, you contradict yourself. You said most people that own a rottwieler are dicks and that was my response.

your pont is what exactly? you were the one that tried to pull the gay card on a ts forum hoping it would have an effect on me

Night Rider
12-08-2007, 04:35 AM
You're nuts! I told you that I'm not going to argue back and forth with some overly sensitive poof about tail docking. I've said all I wanted to say and I won't change your mind, and you won't change my mind, so why keep going on about it. As I've said I've no time to read your shite but if you're interested in the subject, here's a link...

http://www.cdb.org/faqs.htm