PDA

View Full Version : I think so many people need to be educated

Luna555
12-07-2007, 05:07 AM
on transgender people. Ignorant stupid people, ugh.

"If you want to be transgender when you get out of the house..."

Why would someone choose this if it was an option. I saw a documentary with a friend of my friend who was asked by her grandmother...If you could have been born a regular guy and not be transgender would you choose that instead of being a transsexual girl? Angelika( I think thats her name) said yes. And I would too. If there was a choice to be made by me to either be a transsexual girl or a cisgender male. I woudl definitely choose a cisgendered male. But this is not a choice...again...why would someone choose to be transsexual if it was an option...Im not talking about the guys that get cosmetic surgeries and live a transsexual livestyle for reasons like wanting to sleep with hot "straight" men or being able to get more money, I am talking about actual transsexual girls.

I do agree with her to a certain extent though. I agree to an extent with her because I think it would be confusing to a boy that is not transgender to be encourage to put on a dress if he is not transgender. But if the child wants to wear a dress every day then I think its something to take into consideration. I would never tell my childds teachers to tell my child not to wear certain things...it would single my child out from everyone else and make my child a target because my child would be seen as different, wrong and picked on for that. I think if my child were to constant wear or want to wear "girls" things I would let them be themselves if its something they do constantly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRy8GJaSgw8

Okay wow that was a rant...I wrote somethign similar on the comments on the video page...if you want to read it.

Luna555
12-07-2007, 05:27 AM
Totally agree Nicole!

Luna555
12-07-2007, 05:31 AM
Opps Lol. The last part was to the making a difference to so many lives...But yeah she doesnt seem like avery good mother. :D! Oh BTW I love your Youtube videos! They are on my faves!

CORVETTEDUDE
12-07-2007, 05:34 AM
It's not just an education that's required, although it's a start. To many people are so much into themselves these days, they think they're the only ones in the world! Assholes!!!

trish
12-07-2007, 05:36 AM
i don't follow these shows closely, but isn't she the same idiot who wasn't sure the earth was round?

Luna555
12-07-2007, 05:39 AM
Yeah is seems really nice, intelligent and kind. I wish her the best too. Cant wait to see her in "t"!!!!

Luna555
12-07-2007, 05:40 AM
Well I never said it would end at education...thats hopefully just the start. :)

Luna555
12-07-2007, 05:42 AM
I have no idea Trish, I dont follow these shows either but it showed up on my subscriptions page because a key word is transgender. I thought it was going to be about Candis Cayne because she was on The View.

andyuk
12-07-2007, 06:03 AM
well as a parent of a 2 year old i can only say the way that i will bring up my son.
i will back him 100% no matter what he wants to do with his life.and that is the important matter,its HIS life at the end of the day.as for ignorance u will always get that .
not just on this subject but many other matters too,i have had racism thrown at my soon to be ex,my brother made fun of because of his mental illness,etc etc.
sometimes i get really tired of people thats the truth.

Fox
12-07-2007, 06:06 AM
This is why I was happy to see that transgender episode of Primetime air on nationwide TV. I noticed my mother's awareness level raised which was cool to see.

Also, although I don't watch shows like The View often, I've noticed the audience is little more than sheep. They'll clap for an irrational opinion if it's delivered right. Then clap for the counter-argument. Choose a side, damnit! lol

Luna555
12-07-2007, 06:10 AM
Lol Fox, its funny to watch but yeah pic a fucking side already.

Luna555
12-07-2007, 06:48 AM
Nicole...my mom is the same way. Showing her programs like these have made a difference for her.When I first transitioned (15) my mom kicked me out of the house. But after we watched together Normal at the end of the movie she just cried and have me a hug and told me that she supports me and accepts me and that she will be here for me. Whenever she reads something in a mag. or newspaper about transgender things she saves them for me to read. :) I LOVE MY MOTHER she is one of my heroes.

Nowhere
12-07-2007, 07:54 AM

Why would someone choose this if it was an option. I saw a documentary with a friend of my friend who was asked by her grandmother...If you could have been born a regular guy and not be transgender would you choose that instead of being a transsexual girl? Angelika( I think thats her name) said yes. And I would too. If there was a choice to be made by me to either be a transsexual girl or a cisgender male. I woudl definitely choose a cisgendered male. But this is not a choice...again...why would someone choose to be transsexual if it was an option...Im not talking about the guys that get cosmetic surgeries and live a transsexual livestyle for reasons like wanting to sleep with hot "straight" men or being able to get more money, I am talking about actual transsexual girls.

I do agree with her to a certain extent though. I agree to an extent with her because I think it would be confusing to a boy that is not transgender to be encourage to put on a dress if he is not transgender. But if the child wants to wear a dress every day then I think its something to take into consideration. I would never tell my childds teachers to tell my child not to wear certain things...it would single my child out from everyone else and make my child a target because my child would be seen as different, wrong and picked on for that. I think if my child were to constant wear or want to wear "girls" things I would let them be themselves if its something they do constantly...

Okay wow that was a rant...I wrote somethign similar on the comments on the video page...if you want to read it.

I saw that clip and was INCREDIBLY annoyed.

Do you see how that woman just LOVED controlling and belittling her child?

Insane.

MacShreach
12-07-2007, 12:29 PM
i don't follow these shows closely, but isn't she the same idiot who wasn't sure the earth was round?

ADR trish, but it isn't. Technically it's an oblate spheroid.... :D

GrimFusion
12-07-2007, 12:45 PM

Although her point of view is totally fucked, she does raise a good issue. I mean, many (and I'd stretch to say most) parents feel that until their child is age 18, they're allowed to instill opinions and beliefs on them, even if it is by force.

The argument becomes evident when you realize how many children are introduced to religion before they have the capability to really think and act independently. So, I guess the question is; Where does a parent's rights to mold and shape their child end? Where should it end, moralistically?

If a mother has a son who enjoys playing in women's clothing at a young age, what makes it unacceptable to tell or force the child not to, and yet somehow acceptable to take that child to a church as a toddler and have them baptized unknowing of their will or opinion on the subject of religion and faith?

In my opinion, I think a child does need a good deal of instruction, but where does the instruction end and brainwashing begin?