PDA

View Full Version : When does someone become self-conscious to be transsexual?

NeoXtrim
12-06-2007, 05:58 PM
what is the age when someone realises that (s)he belongs to the "wrong" sex?
a lot of ts take female hormones right? when do most start to take these, in puberty, or later?

do hormones cause problems to the body wheter in puberty or later?

and how do they threat themselve and appraise the gap between self-identity (gender i would say) and seen-as-identity (sex) and respectively their mix of transsexual identity?

Caleigh
12-06-2007, 09:10 PM
I think you have a bunch of questions there Neo and the answer to most of them is "It depends on the person".

I think most girls who need to transition knew that they spiritually, emotionally, psychologically didn't gel with their physical gender from an early age.

When people start with hormone therapy depends on so many factors including location, social situation, economics, family, availability, access to information and some people transition without ever taking hormones and use surgery to create the physical changes they desire.

Hormones can have a range of side effects that depend on the person and the age at which they start them.

That last question is too big for me to even approach.

rvince
12-06-2007, 10:04 PM
A TS friend of mine told me that when she was 7-8yo she already was a girl while she was dreaming at night... On the other hand, some well-known TS (Vicki, Jade) said they never thought about it until their late teen years...
It depends a lot on the individuals I guess.

NeoXtrim
12-14-2007, 02:04 AM
but does anyone know what is the average of the age when taking hormones?

Ecstatic
12-14-2007, 03:24 AM
I agree with Caleigh and rvince, it depends upon the individual and also the culture. I know girls who have known they were girls from early childhood. One, a Thai, was very upset when she had to go to school dressed as a boy when she started school, but her dad was understanding and said she could dress like a girl at home. She then started hormones around puberty, which is quite common for Thai and Pinay girls, but much less common in the US.

Here I think many have questions from a very young age but often don't come to understand what they are until late teens or as adults. But this is changing, with much greater social awareness today, and I think the average age is trending well downward in the US compared to a decade ago.

MrsKellyPierce
12-14-2007, 03:26 AM
ever since I can remember I never felt right with my parts I had.

TrueBeauty TS
12-14-2007, 03:58 AM
ever since I can remember I never felt right with my parts I had.

There are no wrong parts, only wrong actors.

Wait a minute.... what are we talking about???

:?

Nowhere
12-14-2007, 04:22 AM
but does anyone know what is the average of the age when taking hormones?

This is such a conditional question. Each nation and society has their own norms, based on their own social interpretation of transsexualism.

Just looking at the host country of this forum - If American society looked on transsexuality with ZERO stigmas (simply seeing it as part of life) and people's insurance picked up the tab, I have no doubt that the average age would be right before the onset of puberty.

However, in 2007, everything is in the dark ages, with girls being thrown on the street by their families, with jobs refusing to hire them, forcing a high amount of them to be involved in the sex trade and a complete self-awareness of this fact holding tons of them from doing it the moment they become self-aware (or to deny it for long) until slightly to much later.