PDA

View Full Version : KFC Potato Wedges Are So Good!!!

Dino Velvet
12-05-2007, 09:05 AM
I've always loved KFC Potato Wedges ever since they became a side order. On the drive home, after I finished eating the biscuits, I will usually down half a box of Potato Wedges before I get home.

The other day they gave me 2 large boxes of Potato Wedges. As hard as I tried, I couldn't finish them all that night. A couple days later I was hungry and still had the Potato Wedges. I put them into the oven and cooked them until they got just a little burnt and took them out. I was able to find most of a large tub of the green diced jalapeno salsa from Tito's Tacos and used it as a dip. It was fucking awesome!

I am a fan of McDonalds fries, Carls Jr Waffle Fries, and Jack In The Box Curly Fries but the KFC Potato Wedges are the only ones that are almost as good the next day or even a few days after if you reheat them.

LBCDO
12-05-2007, 09:08 AM
I dip them shits in the gravy. What you know about that?

SarahG
12-05-2007, 09:23 AM
I've always loved KFC Potato Wedges ever since they became a side order. On the drive home, after I finished eating the biscuits, I will usually down half a box of Potato Wedges before I get home.

The other day they gave me 2 large boxes of Potato Wedges. As hard as I tried, I couldn't finish them all that night. A couple days later I was hungry and still had the Potato Wedges. I put them into the oven and cooked them until they got just a little burnt and took them out. I was able to find most of a large tub of the green diced jalapeno salsa from Tito's Tacos and used it as a dip. It was fucking awesome!

I am a fan of McDonalds fries, Carls Jr Waffle Fries, and Jack In The Box Curly Fries but the KFC Potato Wedges are the only ones that are almost as good the next day or even a few days after if you reheat them.

KFC's potatoe wedges are awesome, its the only reason why I go get kfc since the rest are too greasy for me. I've even had success reheating them in the microwave.

I used to live off of potatoes, mainly fries until I got roommates who can cook.

You think that's good? Go pickup some frozen french fries and some of that ranch oinion dip mix, put the mix and the fries in a ziplock freezer bag, shake and then bake it on a cookie sheet (minus the bag, melted plastic not so good). There are dozens of ways to make fries (or french fry variations) and making your own seasoning is so much better than alot of the crap some places try to sell.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
12-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Hmm..I love 'em too Dino! :P

;)

~Kisses.

HTG

Dino Velvet
12-05-2007, 10:01 AM
I dip them shits in the gravy. What you know about that?

That's good too. I've dunked my Potato Wedges in Mashed Potatoes and Gravy many times.

I've made a nachos like thing by reheating my Potato Wedges with sharp cheddar cheese melted over them and pour Stagg Steakhouse Chili over it with some sprinkled onions. Don't forget the Tabasco Sauce. That's a whole meal there!

NYTSJulie
12-05-2007, 10:30 AM
I went through KFC last night and got a small wedges and a water for dinner. They are good but they put on the pounds.

Nivek
12-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Potato Wedges are the shit!! I can eat them all day long, although I'm not sure if I would want to finish off two boxes, thats just too much of a good thing. As for dipping them in gravy, I prefer either honey mustard or guldens mustard, but have tried A1 sauce out of boredom, and still have a theory that if i dipped them in choco pudding snacks that they'd taste kick as as well. But that's just me.

youcancallmeclaire
12-05-2007, 02:49 PM
I went through KFC last night and got a small wedges and a water for dinner. They are good but they put on the pounds.

You had a side dish and water for dinner? Is this a serious post or a sarcastic one?

youcancallmeclaire
12-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Oh, and Arby's Roast Beef also stays tasty even after refrigerating.

Teabagger Vance
12-05-2007, 03:31 PM
I haven't been to KFC in a while. but whenever I go, I always get the potatos wedges. They're good!

BeardedOne
12-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Potato wedges, waffle fries, shoestring fries (Quag's/McDonald's comes close). Damn, I'm hungry now. What's for breakfast?

youcancallmeclaire
12-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Has anyone tried those new Bowl things at KFC? I think they have chicken, cheese, corn, and mashed potatoes in them?

Every time I see the commercial on TV I get hungry but I always forget to actually go and try one.

needsum
12-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Ok, this thread is retarted . . .

but HOLY SHIT!!!! JULIE!!! your avatar pic is out of control hot!!!!!!!! I'll take your fries and shake, baby! :jawdrop

NYTSJulie
12-05-2007, 05:19 PM

You had a side dish and water for dinner? Is this a serious post or a sarcastic one?

Ya I am on a diet

TsVanessa69
12-05-2007, 06:36 PM
I LOVVVEEE potatoe wedges, now I know what I'm having for lunch today, lol. A 2 piece with wedges!! Thanks guys!

ARMANIXXX
12-05-2007, 11:37 PM
Popeye's is better.

SarahG
12-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Popeye's is better.

Yea but they're so hard to find in the northern states. I usually don't see them unless I go down to the VA/MD area or below

ARMANIXXX
12-06-2007, 12:05 AM
Popeye's is better.

Yea but they're so hard to find in the northern states. I usually don't see them unless I go down to the VA/MD area or below

__________________________________________________ ______________

There's no Popeye's in Philly?

Dino Velvet
12-06-2007, 12:13 AM
Popeye's is better.

I love Popeye's. There was one in Santa Monica that was closed down. Now, if I want some spicy chicken, I have to drive all the way to Mau-Mau Land and either risk getting shot or being attacked by a lion. Even if I make it out alive, my chicken will be cold by the time I get back to my house in Westwood.

ARMANIXXX
12-06-2007, 12:52 AM
Popeye's is better.

I love Popeye's. There was one in Santa Monica that was closed down. Now, if I want some spicy chicken, I have to drive all the way to Mau-Mau Land and either risk getting shot or being attacked by a lion. Even if I make it out alive, my chicken will be cold by the time I get back to my house in Westwood.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

No sympathy for you though.........

You've got ROSCO'S. ......

and I don't :(

Dino Velvet
12-06-2007, 01:00 AM
Popeye's is better.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

No sympathy for you though.........

You've got ROSCO'S. ......

and I don't :(

I would settle for KFC Hot & Spicy Chicken. I think they still carry it but not at any KFCs near me. I make some good spicy fried chicken but I make a mess out of the kitchen after I'm done cooking. It's good though and I use plenty of cayenne pepper, salt, and cracked black pepper. It's hot enough to make your eyes water and your nose run while eating it.

SarahG
12-06-2007, 01:31 AM
Popeye's is better.

Used to be, haven't seen one around here in ages. There used to be one in northern NY by my moms. We used to go there every friday when I was little but they closed and left that part of the state when I was like 9. The building sat empty for years then it was torn down for one of those cheap coin operated car washes.

BBaggins06
12-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Popeye's is better.

Used to be, haven't seen one around here in ages. There used to be one in northern NY by my moms. We used to go there every friday when I was little but they closed and left that part of the state when I was like 9. The building sat empty for years then it was torn down for one of those cheap coin operated car washes.

Chicago is infested with Popeye's. Their Cajun rice is da bomb yo. You should move here. :) Mahalo

Matt

BBaggins06
12-06-2007, 04:15 PM

Ya I am on a diet

Well, you look terrific Julie. You have a terrific figure. Maybe I can take you to Culver's someday. :twisted: Mahalo

Matt