PDA

View Full Version : It's Christmastime Goddammit!

suckseed
12-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Hello. I just got home from work and spent about fifteen minutes going over the latest bitchfests here. And for what it's worth I'd like to attempt to make an observation. It will not contain anything groundbreaking, but I'm trying to be sincere.
I think there is an unfortunate tendency for people to say things here, or on any online forum, that crosses the normal boundaries that occur in real life. I've been guilty of crossing them myself, but am trying to move beyond doing it again. For instance, about a year ago I started referring to Jamie Michelle/James Mitchell as a man...although the reason I did it was not only because he posted things that made him/her sound like a religious drug-addled nutjob, but because his signature or references frequently pointed to his/her male name, so it seemed less out of line. But I digress in an attempt to not sound like a sanctimonious hypocrite.
Lately, people who in the past I've enjoyed reading from and interacting with have been at each other's throats. Often the mud-slinging quickly degenerates into slurs on appearance or sexual orientation/etc. that serves mainly to show that someone has run out of legitimate arguments. I personally enjoy Crayons - and Nicole. Likewise with Vicky and Jen. My point in this paragraph is clear - I wish they could find a way to disagree without 'going there.'
Secondly, regarding Legend. I wasn't around or paying attention when the thread that used his pictures was first created. But honestly I felt bad for him. I don't know what he said to make so many people mad at him, but it's pretty clear to me that he's just young. The guy has had his intelligence insulted so many times that it just seems like kicking someone when they are down. Just vicious at times.
And then there is Honda. God knows I have engaged him time and time again. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't hate the guy. I feel like I said everything that I wanted to say a week or so ago. And I get the feeling that he honestly sees things from a very different perspective - one in which I emphatically do not agree, but my instincts tell me that he is not a bad person. I think he had a serious crush on Vicky - way bigger than the average guy. He actually went to all the trouble that he did, she went out of her way to not totally let the guy down, and we see the result.
(Honda - if you disagree with this, put it aside for a minute and hear me out - the details aren't important here.) It is my theory/hope/wish that if everyone would let the matter drop, it would be easier for the parties who were actually there to move past it. I've been hoping that this would happen - and yes, pm'ing various people suggesting this - but it seems to have had the opposite effect. So I'm going public - will everyone PLEASE let it drop? Just try it for a while?
So there it is - It's Christmastime goddammit. Can we stop bitching and cutting each other down over matters that are either in the past or beyond people's control - their looks, intelligence, gender orientation, or sexual preference - and limit our arguments to disagreeing about what is actually being said?
This forum is supposed to be fun and sexy and maybe educational from time to time. Can we TRY - for the rest of the month - to do what we can to move it in that direction?
If anyone thinks I'm a pussy now, all I can say is....you are what you eat, muthafuckas!

TrueBeauty TS
12-03-2007, 11:47 AM
So there it is - It's Christmastime goddammit. Can we stop bitching and cutting each other down over matters that are either in the past or beyond people's control - their looks, intelligence, gender orientation, or sexual preference - and limit our arguments to disagreeing about what is actually being said?

Sweetie, that's what HA is all about!!! Get with the program!!!

And THANKS for not answering my PM! :smh

mbf
12-03-2007, 12:15 PM

hmmm, suckseed, all that sounds like a typical christmas for the majority of people. minus the sexual preference part....

If anyone thinks I'm a pussy now, all I can say is....you are what you eat, muthafuckas!

only co-signers.......

GrimFusion
12-03-2007, 12:17 PM
I agree, but realistically, I think you're asking for the impossible. It's already been said, but I'll say it again. Hung Angels is all about unnecessary drama and low-blow insults.

You'd have to get rid of all the forum trolls, every noob, shut down forum signups, and end up playing babysitter-mod to half the people around here, constantly threatening to IP-ban them all. It'd take a lot of time and effort from the forum mods and site owner, and frankly, things just aren't bad enough to warrant that kind of action. It'd simply be a waste of effort.

suckseed
12-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Bump
I'm not suggesting that everyone suddenly get on the Ecstacy train and have a group hug. Just that the recurring battles don't seem to serve any purpose, and in fact may have the effect of prolonging old news that's better left in the archives. I think Honda continues to incite the forum purely for his own entertainment, and I don't want to give him the satisfaction any longer. The evidence that Vicky isn't interested in him has been made plain to all; let him make a fool of himself until he finds something else to occupy his time. In the final analysis, he is to be pitied.

hondarobot
12-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Bump
I'm not suggesting that everyone suddenly get on the Ecstacy train and have a group hug. Just that the recurring battles don't seem to serve any purpose, and in fact may have the effect of prolonging old news that's better left in the archives. I think Honda continues to incite the forum purely for his own entertainment, and I don't want to give him the satisfaction any longer. The evidence that Vicky isn't interested in him has been made plain to all; let him make a fool of himself until he finds something else to occupy his time. In the final analysis, he is to be pitied.

You spelled Vicki incorrectly.

tall, dark & Handsome
12-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Great post Suckseed

lisaparadise
12-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Hello. I just got home from work and spent about fifteen minutes going over the latest bitchfests here. And for what it's worth I'd like to attempt to make an observation. It will not contain anything groundbreaking, but I'm trying to be sincere.
I think there is an unfortunate tendency for people to say things here, or on any online forum, that crosses the normal boundaries that occur in real life. I've been guilty of crossing them myself, but am trying to move beyond doing it again. For instance, about a year ago I started referring to Jamie Michelle/James Mitchell as a man...although the reason I did it was not only because he posted things that made him/her sound like a religious drug-addled nutjob, but because his signature or references frequently pointed to his/her male name, so it seemed less out of line. But I digress in an attempt to not sound like a sanctimonious hypocrite.
Lately, people who in the past I've enjoyed reading from and interacting with have been at each other's throats. Often the mud-slinging quickly degenerates into slurs on appearance or sexual orientation/etc. that serves mainly to show that someone has run out of legitimate arguments. I personally enjoy Crayons - and Nicole. Likewise with Vicky and Jen. My point in this paragraph is clear - I wish they could find a way to disagree without 'going there.'
Secondly, regarding Legend. I wasn't around or paying attention when the thread that used his pictures was first created. But honestly I felt bad for him. I don't know what he said to make so many people mad at him, but it's pretty clear to me that he's just young. The guy has had his intelligence insulted so many times that it just seems like kicking someone when they are down. Just vicious at times.
And then there is Honda. God knows I have engaged him time and time again. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't hate the guy. I feel like I said everything that I wanted to say a week or so ago. And I get the feeling that he honestly sees things from a very different perspective - one in which I emphatically do not agree, but my instincts tell me that he is not a bad person. I think he had a serious crush on Vicky - way bigger than the average guy. He actually went to all the trouble that he did, she went out of her way to not totally let the guy down, and we see the result.
(Honda - if you disagree with this, put it aside for a minute and hear me out - the details aren't important here.) It is my theory/hope/wish that if everyone would let the matter drop, it would be easier for the parties who were actually there to move past it. I've been hoping that this would happen - and yes, pm'ing various people suggesting this - but it seems to have had the opposite effect. So I'm going public - will everyone PLEASE let it drop? Just try it for a while?
This forum is supposed to be fun and sexy and maybe educational from time to time. Can we TRY - for the rest of the month - to do what we can to move it in that direction?
If anyone thinks I'm a pussy now, all I can say is....you are what you eat, muthafuckas!that is one of the best post ive ever read in any forum ,thank you so much for being real

BeardedOne
12-03-2007, 11:44 PM

alphanumeric
12-04-2007, 12:37 AM
to true, to quote Jack Nicholson in Mars Attacks,

"can't we all just... get along?!!"

Steve-Oh
12-04-2007, 03:05 AM
Very nice post.
Insightful, compassionate, empathetic and in step with the Holidays.

NOW LET'S SEE SOME NAKED TRANNIES!!!

tall, dark & Handsome
12-04-2007, 12:26 PM
to true, to quote Jack Nicholson in Mars Attacks,

"can't we all just... get along?!!"

A long what? :D