PDA

View Full Version : Transformers

El Nino
12-02-2007, 05:32 AM
Hey, I finally got around to watching the Transformers movie and thought it was of high quality. I enjoyed it and think that they did a good job at creating a creative plot. What are all your opinions??

Legend
12-02-2007, 05:44 AM
I thought the movie was garbage,i hated all the human scenes and it's like they throw in some generic teen drama.Megatron OMG i'm not even gonna spoil it for everyone but you probably was disappointed like me.

KiraHarden
12-02-2007, 05:53 AM
I agree no HUMANS should be in this movie

El Nino
12-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Why not?

Baron Of Hell
12-02-2007, 08:21 AM
I thought it would be crap but ended up really digging it. The humans were the weak link but I looked past that to enjoy the greatness of the film.

At no point did I think those robots weren't really there. The cgi work was just great.

SmashysmashY
12-02-2007, 08:32 AM
yeah, including in the theater.

Falrune
12-02-2007, 09:22 AM
I enjoyed it. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

stillies77
12-02-2007, 09:33 AM
it was amazing.

lupinIII
12-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Thought it was fantastic, it did a good job of bringing the franchise to the new generation.

I was expecting a trainwreck, I don't mean Astrotrain crashing into shit, I mean a piece of shit movie.

Trogdor
12-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Why not?

Simple, the humans always are in the way, and it's called "TRANSFORMERS" not "The US Millitary Fighting a Bunch of Alien Robots" Any Bay film is pretty much gonna have 2 things.....a large emphasis on the american millitary, and explosions.

Beast Wars was my favorite series.....good stories, and we only had human in 2 or 3 stories...and they were more of a proto-human or apemen if you will.

Another problem with the movie was they looked nothing like their original selves.....Bay wanted 'realistic' stuff.....how does one make alien robots from another world look 'realistic' I mean....there was ALOT of exposed internal parts showing on these guys...which is not good when in combat.

The good thing was that they got Peter Cullen, the original Optimus Prime, to do the voice of Optimus. The makers fell to fan pressure since originally, they wanted to do the typical hollywood thing and hire some celebrity to do the voice ( there was a rumor they wanted to get Cloony to be optimus *vomits* ), I am glad they did not since hollywood celbs can't voice act if they lives depend on it. Odd how they got Cullen and not Frank Welker to do Megatron......I'm sorry but agent smith/elrond is not Megatron. Least in the video game both Welker and Cullen do the voice work...and I heard a rumor you can unlock G1 Optimus and Megatron in the game.

TF 2 and 3 have already been given the ok and we shall see if any improvements can be made. Though I would hope to have a director and other staff who won't just make a film for joe 6 pack and alienate the long time fans. I mean if Peter Jackson can make a series of films based on a book series, and have both fans and joe 6 pack happy, Transformers outta be the same way.

Anyone else dig? :?:

KiraHarden
12-02-2007, 01:21 PM
yeah, including in the theater.
LMAO :lol:

KiraHarden
12-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Why not?

Simple, the humans always are in the way, and it's called "TRANSFORMERS" not "The US Millitary Fighting a Bunch of Alien Robots" Any Bay film is pretty much gonna have 2 things.....a large emphasis on the american millitary, and explosions.

Beast Wars was my favorite series.....good stories, and we only had human in 2 or 3 stories...and they were more of a proto-human or apemen if you will.

Another problem with the movie was they looked nothing like their original selves.....Bay wanted 'realistic' stuff.....how does one make alien robots from another world look 'realistic' I mean....there was ALOT of exposed internal parts showing on these guys...which is not good when in combat.

The good thing was that they got Peter Cullen, the original Optimus Prime, to do the voice of Optimus. The makers fell to fan pressure since originally, they wanted to do the typical hollywood thing and hire some celebrity to do the voice ( there was a rumor they wanted to get Cloony to be optimus *vomits* ), I am glad they did not since hollywood celbs can't voice act if they lives depend on it. Odd how they got Cullen and not Frank Welker to do Megatron......I'm sorry but agent smith/elrond is not Megatron. Least in the video game both Welker and Cullen do the voice work...and I heard a rumor you can unlock G1 Optimus and Megatron in the game.

TF 2 and 3 have already been given the ok and we shall see if any improvements can be made. Though I would hope to have a director and other staff who won't just make a film for joe 6 pack and alienate the long time fans. I mean if Peter Jackson can make a series of films based on a book series, and have both fans and joe 6 pack happy, Transformers outta be the same way.

I dont know! I watched the commentary and Bay said he wants to go with smaller transformers like that one that turned into the radio, and do more close ups of the their faces. Watch the commentary you can hear this guy didnt learn anything from the fans, its his way or no way...

Trogdor
12-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Why not?

I dont know! I watched the commentary and Bay said he wants to go with smaller transformers like that one that turned into the radio, and do more close ups of the their faces. Watch the commentary you can hear this guy didnt learn anything from the fans, its his way or no way...

That's cause Bay is a pompous ass who thinks he's the next speilburg or something. I seen the previews and snippits on the 20th aniversary DVD of the 1986 movie....and I seen how this guy wanted to make anything BUT something the fans would go for. Another mistake is.....WHERE ARE THEIR FACES in this film? o.O This is the same guy who brought such masterpieces like Armagedden and Bad Boys.......and only Sean Connery was able to take a pile of smeg like The Rock and make it somewhat watchable....I mean even he could only do so much.

I even heard Hasbro had a nightmare trying to take the designs from the film and make them into toy form....oh.....and many of the movie toys I got are a bitch to handle with that darn automorph gimmick.

And to make things even scarier.....the next animated series is gonna be using teen titans style animation....and I heard Optimus might be voice by the guy who does Sponge Bob.... :shock:

Thank goodness least we're getting the Classics/Universe toy line to collect....getting classic characters using modern toy engineering.

iebwnj
12-03-2007, 09:08 AM
I thought it was alright, but Bay is just an awful director.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone sum up Bay perfectly in a Team America (basically a spoof of Bay movies) song:

I miss you more then Michael Bay missed the mark
When he made Pearl Harbor
I miss you more than that movie missed the point
And that’s an awful lot girl
And now, now you’ve gone away
And all I’m trying to say is
Pearl Harbor sucked, and I miss you

I need u like Ben Affleck needs acting school
He was terrible in that film
I need u like Cuba Gooding needed a bigger part
He’s way better than Ben Affleck
And now all I can think about is your smile
and that shitty movie too
Pearl Harbor sucked and I miss you

Why does Michael Bay get to keep on making movies?
I guess Pearl Harbor sucked
Just a little bit more than I miss you