PDA

View Full Version : Calpernia Addams

MrsKellyPierce
12-02-2007, 05:19 AM
Her new reality love show...

And her reading along with Andrea James, some of the bad reviews it has gotten on PerezHilton and Abc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIyVeBWWIkc

Nowhere
12-02-2007, 06:24 AM
Those girls have a great sense of humor. Love it! :D

tsntx
12-02-2007, 07:55 AM
i KNEW it was gonna be her... i got wind of this show a LONG time ago.... it took FOR-EV-ER to cast guys bc none of the guys wanted to come out saying theyd date a ts.... and the ones that did didnt want a post op -j

MrsKellyPierce
12-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Those legs in your avatar look too dark to be yours Kelly. taken last winter when I was tanning. I just started tanning again to get dark :) I tan in the winter cause everyone else is pale lol a pic around the same time

MrsKellyPierce
12-02-2007, 02:45 PM
i KNEW it was gonna be her... i got wind of this show a LONG time ago.... it took FOR-EV-ER to cast guys bc none of the guys wanted to come out saying theyd date a ts.... and the ones that did didnt want a post op -j You think it will go over well?

Bee
12-03-2007, 01:06 PM
i love that Soldie's Girl movie.. Its a good story!

justatransgirl
12-03-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm going to break my rule to avod posting here for awhile...

But thanks Kelly - this was too funny. But kind of sad in how people respond to beautiful post op women. I would have hoped for better. Guess there's further to go than we realize living here in San Diego where nobody really cares what's under the hood.

(Although there is a demonstration today at Jessica's school after some frat boys threw eggs at a gay wedding and stole the GLBT rainbow flag that flies at the campus for the upteenth time.)

PS: I've chatted with Andrea and Calpernia a few times at parties, but "braveman," I don't think they are quite ready for HA.

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

justatransgirl
12-03-2007, 08:38 PM
posted to wrong thread, sorry.

BrendaQG
12-31-2007, 09:40 PM
This looks like as good of a place as any to put this. This link is to a promo that shows some of Calpernia's show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfFUcDukvYk

This is precious little of it. It looks to me like this is not a serious show in any sense. Like it's more or less making fun of reality TV. Which could be funny and interesting depending on how it is done. (Kind of what "Blazing Saddles" did to the old western.) Or it could come off as hateful, spiteful, and bitchy...which will only happen if too much of Andrea James is in the show. :-p (kind of like any other movie which uses allot of the N word).

irishgirl
12-31-2007, 10:10 PM
My official stance: Calpernia and Andrea are kind of old and not good looking enough to the "bait" on a reality dating show, trans or otherwise.

Dina Delicious
12-31-2007, 10:21 PM
tsntx wrote:
i KNEW it was gonna be her... i got wind of this show a LONG time ago.... it took FOR-EV-ER to cast guys bc none of the guys wanted to come out saying theyd date a ts.... and the ones that did didnt want a post op -j

TOTALLY untrue that was not the issue at all !!!
sorry but i think you were misinformed about the casting problems for this particular project

but good luck with yours !

Dina

Legend
12-31-2007, 10:40 PM
So much for the thinking this would be above there's something about miram.This show seems to be a direct ripofff of those awful shows on vh1 flavor of love,i love new york and rock of love.I don't think the bad reviews should have dissed her for being transgendered but diss the unoriginal formula of the show.

peggygee
12-31-2007, 11:00 PM

I had heard that this show was coming. I will admit that I don't fully know
the premise of the show. Will it be limited to pre ops, or will there be post
ops as well.

It is true that in many instances that men who are interested in
transwomen are interested in them because of their having a penis.

In terms of post op women I feel that there will be more than enough
suitors from the transcommunity and the heterocommunity that there
shouldn't be any problem for the post op women to get suitable dates.

My official stance: Calpernia and Andrea are kind of old and not good looking enough to the "bait" on a reality dating show, trans or otherwise.

As I stated above, I am not fully aware of how the show will be conducted.
I'm sure there will be many contestants, and not be limited to Ms. Adams,
and Ms. James.

Having said that Calpernia and Andrea are both beautiful and intelligent
women, and there would be many, many men that would love to be their
love interest.

My hope for the show is that it is reflective of the entire transcommunity.
That it encompasses all demographics: age, race, surgical status, etc.

Hostile
12-31-2007, 11:31 PM
What the fuck does Kelly's leg color have to do with anything, morons never cease to amaze me. Some of you guys are so tranny crazy that its disgraceful, I have a TS lifemate and you guys even gross me out. No wonder why the girls attack some of you. Why couldn't you just wish the 2 girls doing the show your "Best wishes"?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-31-2007, 11:32 PM
I don't usually jump in this shit but I just saw her and in all honesty, even without makeup, she's very nice looking. Fuckin haters need to be castrated, give the broad a shot.

MrsKellyPierce
12-31-2007, 11:40 PM
Rofl at calling her old!

Again as I told you in the chatroom.

Calpernia is beautiful lady with out make up and with make up.

Very nice also.

Her body is outstanding and beautiful milky skin.

If you met Calpernia in person she's every bit a woman.

It sickens me to think another TS is hating on another TS that is giving us spotlight in the public eye.

BrendaQG
01-01-2008, 01:22 AM
@Irishgirl

36 is not "old".

In answer to Peggy's question and Legends comment.

Reading more about this show it seems obvious that this show was heavily influenced by "There's Something About Miriam". Basically subsitute "honest" Calpernia for "deceptive" Miriam. With that formula I don't see how it could be "above" TSAM. So to answer you Peggy Calpernia is the only transwoman on the show.

To answer legend. TSAM did have the "extra" show in which a psych. would analyse what happened. Which for those outside our community could be an education. It remains to be seen if Calpernia's show will have that aspect. So it could turn out to be "below" TSAM.

On second thought's this is a reality dating show. Dating by nature is instinctive and emotional. Dating is a meat market where people size up eachother and their competition. The timeframes of these shows are such that real love cannot come into play. So... sit back...crack a cold one... and take this type of show for what they are.

peggygee
01-01-2008, 01:57 AM
@Irishgirl

36 is not "old".

In answer to Peggy's question and Legends comment.

Reading more about this show it seems obvious that this show was heavily influenced by "There's Something About Miriam". Basically subsitute "honest" Calpernia for "deceptive" Miriam. With that formula I don't see how it could be "above" TSAM. So to answer you Peggy Calpernia is the only transwoman on the show.

Cool beans, a dating show about a post op woman and all the dynamics
that entails.

Fire up my Tivo, and DVR and hold my calls.

Plus I'm a big Calpernia fan, so this will be one reality show I'll watch.

8)