PDA

View Full Version : The euro...

ImpulZ
12-01-2007, 12:17 AM
i hate the fucking euro.........

fuck the politics and give me my dutch valuta back(the gulden)

what do you think about the euro still after 6 years now :cry: :?

Quiet Reflections
12-01-2007, 12:27 AM
its worth more than the dollar but i guess alot of money is now

BottomBoySlave
12-01-2007, 12:28 AM

Wasn't it "Guilders" ?

ImpulZ
12-01-2007, 12:28 AM
at the moment yeah :D

Night Rider
12-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Guilders were far better for exhanging pounds....I say bring them back

ImpulZ
12-01-2007, 12:30 AM

Wasn't it "Guilders" ?

america has the dollar and holland before the euro,the gulden :)

ImpulZ
12-01-2007, 12:32 AM
damned read it wrong.........the alcohol is working just like the joint :D :peanutbutter

Quinn
12-01-2007, 12:35 AM
I love the euro. I converted a considerable portion of my portfolio to euro-denominated assets almost two years ago (in addition to buying some real estate in Germany not too long after). If my government doesn't care about the dollar falling to a value approximating that of toilet paper, then there's no reason I should care either. Let it fall. I'll just continue to make money shorting it.

-Quinn

iloveshemales77
12-01-2007, 12:57 AM
shrewd move Quinn. Saw a research piece showing the Elliot Wave chart of USD vs. Euro (DM prior to Euro) since the early 60s. Target is 1.50, then correction, then on to 1.70. Plus real estate in Germany is incredibly cheap vs. US, UK France and Spain.

Quinn
12-01-2007, 01:26 AM
shrewd move Quinn. Saw a research piece showing the Elliot Wave chart of USD vs. Euro (DM prior to Euro) since the early 60s. Target is 1.50, then correction, then on to 1.70. Plus real estate in Germany is incredibly cheap vs. US, UK France and Spain.

Thanks, 77. Elliot Waves are always interesting. If you've read any of Robert Prechter, Jr's books, you'll see them applied in a fairly effective manner. I find them useful for helping to predict overall long-term trends in certain markets, but they're not nearly as good for timing (IMO). As for Germany, yeah, some people told me I was wrong when I made the call. Now, a lot of the money that was going into other Western European real estate markets is going to Germany. We'll see though.

-Quinn

Trogdor
12-01-2007, 02:13 AM
Wait till we get stuck with the smeggin' Amero I keep hearing about. :P