PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Girls regarding travel ...

xrey
11-30-2007, 05:43 AM
When you are travelling by air, either domestic or international, what / how do you go about providing identification?

Maybe the better question is ... what does your ID, drivers license, or passport have for your sex and what about your photo?

Probably a naive question but after reading that Wendy arrived in London it got me wondering.

MrsKellyPierce
11-30-2007, 05:48 AM
lol I travel like any normal girl

KiraHarden
11-30-2007, 05:52 AM
When you are travelling by air, either domestic or international, what / how do you go about providing identification?

Maybe the better question is ... what does your ID, drivers license, or passport have for your sex and what about your photo?

Probably a naive question but after reading that Wendy arrived in London it got me wondering.
I travel female of course, my id says female and I changed my name legally. Im sure its the same for the others girls as well.

JANIRA
11-30-2007, 06:22 AM
Well as far i know in florida.. they will change your name to your name of choice, but it will still say male. I travel and i am never really botherd with the male sex on my I.D. , actually i have met 2 guyswho worked somewere were they required my ID while i was traveling , they were so dumfounded that i was a transgender, i hooked up with 1 of them. I dont really get insulted with the male thing on my ID, sure it would be great if they would come out with TW, (TRANSGENDERED WOMAN)on aID, instead of male. I know who i am so why let it bother.

lust4ts
11-30-2007, 08:29 AM
You know what I never really thought about that, I do think there should be a law where transwomen are accepted fully as women, I guess views on that would change from state to state though!

justatransgirl
11-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Jessica and I have both run the paperwork gauntlet. It took about 2 years total, though can be done much quicker if you really get on it. All our ID's, say "female." Except for SSI and birth certs which require an SRS completion letter. We got our passports lised as Female by surprise. Probably whoever processed them just looked at the pictures and saw girls and put down "F." Who am I to complain... giggle

NOW the problem is when they implement those new X-ray scanners at the airport and see a girl with a dingle dangling down there we will probably be subjected to a reverse freak out by the security bozos.

Along with prison reform, employment protection, bathroom and general civil rights, and all the rest, I think our community needs to bring legislation and lawsuits to force states and the Fed to modify BC, and SSI documents to one's reflective gender on request - and with supporting documents.

Hugs,
TS Jamie :-)

MacShreach
11-30-2007, 11:50 AM
actually i have met 2 guyswho worked somewere were they required my ID while i was traveling , they were so dumfounded that i was a transgender, i hooked up with 1 of them

Attagirl Janira, spread the word. :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps

daleach
12-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Janira is so hot!
I wish I worked someplace where I would need to check her ID :D