PDA

View Full Version : South America

suckseed
11-29-2007, 12:01 AM
Winter's here and the time is right for dancing in the streets of a South American country. What's it like to live south of the border?
My understanding is that it's difficult to live and work in Europe, visa wise.
Can anyone just pack up the truck and move south?
If I currently make $30k as a caterer/musician....what does that tell you about my future employment prospects? (Also did video editing for seven years...skillz need an upgrade, and restaurant management.)

More importantly...what is life like there?
Does a change of country have a profound impact on one's life, or do people tend to do the same things as before? I'm thinking about adventure, community, romance, the good and simple life. Tell me!
Here is a Brazilian natural resource...

Night Rider
11-29-2007, 12:05 AM
You're doing something that I do all the time: thinking with your cock :D

iloveshemales77
11-29-2007, 12:11 AM

:P :P :P

Go 4 it man! Southern climes, the sweet smell of politas, and endless sex with beautiful girls. Oh heaven, I await you!!!

suckseed
11-29-2007, 12:14 AM
Heh, I hear you...but she's just a little reward for anyone with the facts to spill. I work with an Irish lass that speaks fluent Spanish, and has spent about a year on a ranch in Argentina. Recently while talking to her I started idly wondering about what it would be like to try it for myself. I've had many friends tell me that the US is actually kind of depressing to come back to after living in other, older, more culturally rich countries. I was born in Florida, love the sea and sun. Right now I'm about the color of Ossumpei's ass though.

iloveshemales77
11-29-2007, 12:15 AM
Winter's here and the time is right for dancing in the streets of a South American country. What's it like to live south of the border?

Does a change of country have a profound impact on one's life, or do people tend to do the same things as before? I'm thinking about adventure, community, romance, the good and simple life. Tell me!

You'll do the same things, only better, and more, and with less guilt!

suckseed
11-29-2007, 12:19 AM
Where have you lived, I<3SM? Details!

Night Rider
11-29-2007, 12:22 AM
Heh, I hear you...but she's just a little reward for anyone with the facts to spill. I work with an Irish lass that speaks fluent Spanish, and has spent about a year on a ranch in Argentina. Recently while talking to her I started idly wondering about what it would be like to try it for myself. I've had many friends tell me that the US is actually kind of depressing to come back to after living in other, older, more culturally rich countries. I was born in Florida, love the sea and sun. Right now I'm about the color of Ossumpei's ass though.

Go for it man. I myself am escaping this shithole of a place called Belfast within the next few years. A lot of people say they want to move but don't have the balls to go through with it. It's worth a try and if you don't like it, you'll no doubt have beded plenty of tgirls while you were there anyway, for buttons.

suckseed
11-29-2007, 12:29 AM
Is Belfast really a shithole?
Tell me the best and worst parts of it, I'm really interested. I'll tell you about Portland, lol...

iloveshemales77
11-29-2007, 12:37 AM
Where have you lived, I<3SM? Details!

Lived in BA and Bogotá as a kid. My dad was in the Foreign Office.(Service) if you must know. BA is hot I hear esp. Punta del Este in Uruguay in December. If you're in the music business even as a dj and fancy a few months sojourn in foreign climes, you could do worse.

Night Rider
11-29-2007, 12:37 AM
Belfast is the worst capital in the UK....it's an absolute shithole. It's littered with murals (below) and the night life, restaurants and general living are really bad..

..there are obviously nice areas too, but in general it's a hole.

Appreciate Portland lol

iloveshemales77
11-29-2007, 12:43 AM
Tell me the best and worst parts of it, I'm really interested. I'll tell you about Portland, lol...

shit! that looks a lot nicer than a lotta places I can think of!

Night Rider
11-29-2007, 12:49 AM

lol that's just a couple of google images, there's much worse...Belfast and Glasgow are both shitholes compared with London and Cardiff, the difference being Belfast doesn't have anything to do in it. At least Glasgow has a couple of quality nightclubs and two good football stadiums..

iloveshemales77
11-29-2007, 12:52 AM

lol that's just a couple of google images, there's much worse...Belfast and Glasgow are both shitholes compared with London and Cardiff, the difference being Belfast doesn't have anything to do in it. At least Glasgow has a couple of quality nightclubs and two good football stadiums..

Yea...any comments MacShreach? :? :o

suckseed
11-29-2007, 12:57 AM
What about the average Irish girl? And what do they call a lass/bird/wench in Scotland? Probably something unpronouceable with 2 apostrophes.

Night Rider
11-29-2007, 12:58 AM

haha I thought you were taking about the images I posted. Forgive me, I've been smoking the herb..

Night Rider
11-29-2007, 01:00 AM
What about the average Irish girl?

I can't complain about the women, they're all sluts too may I add! But it doesn't make up for the depressing, cold climate..

iloveshemales77
11-29-2007, 01:04 AM
What about the average Irish girl? And what do they call a lass/bird/wench in Scotland? Probably something unpronouceable with 2 apostrophes.

They're usually called Brenda, Morag, Susan or Sheilagh. Or just plain Slapper! :)

ottorocket
11-29-2007, 01:07 AM
My understanding is that it's difficult to live and work in Europe, visa wise.
Can anyone just pack up the truck and move south?
If I currently make $30k as a caterer/musician....what does that tell you about my future employment prospects? (Also did video editing for seven years...skillz need an upgrade, and restaurant management.)

More importantly...what is life like there?

My new desktop background... 8)

MacShreach
11-29-2007, 01:25 AM

Wha...Who me? Oh, okay. Glasgow has plenty of attractions, good music scene, some decent night-life, great restaurants. Good facilities, theatres, art galleries, excellent subway (the shooglie.) I lived there for a few years and it was great.

I have to say I do prefer Embro though. It's very compact. Glasgow really sprawls even though in population terms it's not that much bigger. The other thing about Embro is it has traditionally been a safe haven for people from all over the world-- has its own "Little Italy." It has a really cosmopolitan feel. I met my first South Americans, exiled Chilenos as a matter of fact (hi Nikka) there, and that led to many other things....

Anyway I'm an east coaster-- I can't be doing with all that fucking rain they get on the west.

Don't care for London too much. Lived there a while. Far too sprawling and diffuse. Don't get me wrong, it's a great city, but for choice, Paris, Barcelona or Rome any day of the week. Any day.

Belfast has a long way to go but it's a lot better than it was 20 years ago, believe me. It was a scary place. Dublin's very very cool, but a bit expensive.

MacShreach
11-29-2007, 01:27 AM

They're usually called Brenda, Morag, Susan or Sheilagh. Or just plain Slapper! :)

Oi! Never Sheilagh. That's not one of ours. Either Sheila or Sile.

And Suckseed, only English people put apostrophes in Scots.

Mr_Choc69
11-29-2007, 01:29 AM
Don't just move somewhere for the "women" LMAO. Big Mistake. Look into the legality of a foreigner being able to own land and or a car. Simple things like utility bills and permits etc etc. All in all SA is a GREAT place to live albeit temporarily or permanent.

iloveshemales77
11-29-2007, 01:33 AM
I went to Uni in Embro in the 70s, when Gordon Brown was head of the S.U. My Mum still lives there. It's come a on a mile since then, they even have a Brooks Bros. outlet there now!!!!. Love it now! Hated it back then!

Night Rider
11-29-2007, 01:34 AM
Glasgow has plenty of attractions

I'm sure it does, I've been a couple of times but only to watch football matches. I thought iloveshemales77 was taking to me when he said he's seen a lot worse. I thought he was talking about Scotland being a shithole the way N. Ireland is.

That's why it's not smart to smoke green and chat at the same time!

:smoking

MacShreach
11-29-2007, 01:40 AM
I went to Uni in Embro in the 70s, when Gordon Brown was head of the S.U. My Mum still lives there. It's come a on a mile since then, they even have a Brooks Bros. outlet there now!!!!. Love it now! Hated it back then!

Ever heard that song by the Proclaimers "I'm on my Way?" I'm campaigning for it to be adopted as the national anthem. The whole place feels like things are happening now.

MacShreach
11-29-2007, 01:42 AM

:D

iloveshemales77
11-29-2007, 01:43 AM
Glasgow has plenty of attractions

I'm sure it does, I've been a couple of times but only to watch football matches. I thought iloveshemales77 was taking to me when he said he's seen a lot worse. I thought he was talking about Scotland being a shithole the way N. Ireland is.

yea youse is rite NR, gotta quit!! Man I'm outta it :? Naaw...I was talking about that pic of Potland fucking Oregon...seems like such a cool place :) :)

Night Rider
11-29-2007, 01:50 AM
I was talking about that pic of Potland fucking Oregon...seems like such a cool place :) :)

Yeah it does seem nice..

:)

iloveshemales77
11-29-2007, 01:51 AM

on second thoughts tho... Brooks Bros movin' in...fuck that shite... really bad sign!

trannybanger
11-29-2007, 01:56 AM
i would just say no matter where you consider going, make an concerted effort to learn the language first. your reception there and your experience will be a million times better.

suckseed
11-29-2007, 01:59 AM
I moved to Portland for the natural beauty and the music business. Which are indeed here in abundance, and I've finally met a bunch of ambitious musicians, so next year should be interesting. But there's not much sunshine from November to April, as Mandy was lamenting. My last gf is in mexico right now, in fact I just realized that was a factor in starting this topic...she's been loving it.
Now let's get this thread back on track. South America...GOGOGO

iloveshemales77
11-29-2007, 02:02 AM
I moved to Portland for the natural beauty and the music business. Which are indeed here in abundance, and I've finally met a bunch of ambitious musicians, so next year should be interesting. But there's not much sunshine from November to April, as Mandy was lamenting. My last gf is in mexico right now, in fact I just realized that was a factor in starting this topic...she's been loving it.
Now let's get this thread back on track. South America...GOGOGO

Well, if that is a pic of your GF, anywhere near her should do!

LBCDO
11-29-2007, 02:38 AM
I hear that you can get by in Brazil speaking spanish, but not as if you spoke portugese. But for the rest of South America, never been there. I can tell you that if you pack up and try driving you wouldnt make it to Ecuador. Everything you owned would be stolen