PDA

View Full Version : should the bbcode include youtube capability?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
11-28-2007, 12:31 PM
just curious whether or not you all would appreciate the ability to add youtube videos to your post?

MacShreach
11-28-2007, 12:47 PM
just curious whether or not you all would appreciate the ability to add youtube videos to your post?

Personally, no.

MrsKellyPierce
11-28-2007, 12:52 PM
YES

Jericho
11-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Not really.
More crap to slow things down.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
11-28-2007, 01:01 PM
I agree it would slow things down, I just figured I'd ask

KiraHarden
11-28-2007, 01:05 PM
No! they can link to them, if they want to watch. Its simple, dont clutter HA up.

MacShreach
11-28-2007, 01:29 PM
No! they can link to them, if they want to watch. Its simple, dont clutter HA up.

You're not just hot, you're practical too. Mmmm.

(Sorry, hawt. 8) )

ironx
11-28-2007, 03:35 PM

If it isn't automatically starting or preloading I would think it's a good addition... How about some more up to date emoticons ?

mbf
11-28-2007, 09:23 PM
NO

for the following reasons.

*)bandwith-killer (as stated above) - not everybody is on a T1 8)

I am checking out this board occasionally on my mobile phone, and despite the fact that it is possible to play movies on it, its painfully slow. I have already trouble reading it due to some of the "lets just quote whole pages for a one liner reply" folx :roll:

*) will (further) dumb down the interaction. instead of responding, people will just watch the vids.

everybody who desires to can post a link to some youtube vid anyways.
and PLEASE: state what the vid is about in a few words. just posting a youtube-link without info what its about stinks.

my 2 cents....

Ecstatic
11-29-2007, 12:46 AM
What mbf said! This option works well on smaller boards with less traffic (we use it on TgirlTalk to great effect), but I think with the volume of traffic on HA it would be a mistake.

And yes, please add a few descriptive words to links--I'm not going to click a link without some idea of where I'm going and what I'll find there.