PDA

View Full Version : Awesome tgirl movie ... why no AVN nomination?

xrey
11-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Just saw Shemales Invade Italy ... WoW.

The girls in the movie are amazingly beautiful and skilled!

rvince
11-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Because in order to get an AVN nomination for one of its movies or model, it helps A LOT if a company has bought any advertising space in one of AVN publications... :-)

GroobySteven
11-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Because in order to get an AVN nomination for one of its movies or model, it helps A LOT if a company has bought any advertising space in one of AVN publications... :-)

Not just a lot...

Also they have to nominate it ... themselves (ahem).

seanchai

xrey
11-27-2007, 10:22 AM
So it has nothing to do with quality or public demand ... gee, sounds like a political election.

Who ever has the most money / influence wins? The awards are then nothing more than self promotion and a reason to get together and pat each other on the ass. I may sound naive but it is mostly sarcasm.

thx1138
11-27-2007, 10:32 AM
money, money, money, it's a rich man's world.

MrsKellyPierce
11-27-2007, 10:34 AM
lol so negative

xrey
11-27-2007, 10:37 AM
Senchai ---

Do the "nominees" and "winners" honestly believe that the award represents anything other than influence?

I guess I am trying to understand the excitement over the nominations.

GroobySteven
11-27-2007, 11:31 AM
To be fair, the specific nominees awards are pretty cool - they were nominated by the companies they worked with - I put forward three girls this year out of the dozens we've worked with and they were all nominated.

Nobody could deny the past Transsexual Performers Winners for their awards.

The best DVD or series - now that truly, is a load of bollocks and if we ever win it, I will eat my hat (or Yasmin Lee's hat ... or anything else of hers).

Willie Escalade
11-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Evil Angel always spends a lot on advertising; their ads are usually near the front.