PDA

View Full Version : Who here was a Boy Scout?

justatransgirl
11-27-2007, 07:43 AM
I don't think this has been done. If so it's time to do it again... :-)

So OK, the truth. Which of you boys and girls and girlboys was a Boy Scout? And how far did you get?

I made it to "Star." Mainly because my Dad was the Scoutmaster.

Jessica was a scout too, but I don't think she stayed long enough to get a badge.

And I can still remember how much I wanted to have sex with my tent mate at summer camp, but he wasn't even aware that he was sleeping right next to a "girl."

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

Oh, god and PS I remember in typical Boy Scout fashion the whole troop camping in the dark in a clearing filled with little poison oak bushes and in the morning like 1/2 the troop woke up with rashes... Apparently I'm immune. :-)

Ecstatic
11-27-2007, 07:53 AM
I frustrated my mom and dad (both were Boy Scout leader trainers, Woodbadge instructors, and my dad was scoutmaster) because I never made Eagle. I was a Life scout about 5 merit badges short of Eagle, but hey, it was 1968 and there were more important things going down than earning badges ("we don't need no steenkin' badges").

Really, though, I loved it, at least the camping and hiking, which have remained lifelong passions of mine (though I'm woefully out of shape for serious hiking now).

GrimFusion
11-27-2007, 07:56 AM
I was in boy scouts around age 13. I can't remember what level I got to. I didn't earn very many badges. I did attend a lot of campouts, but I can't remember most of them because I was baked out of my mind most of the time. I stopped going because I was getting too old and my scoutmaster knew I smoked weed on the camping trips and hinted he was going to tell my parents.

OEMEnemyNum1
11-27-2007, 08:00 AM
Eagle Scout here

CORVETTEDUDE
11-27-2007, 08:08 AM
Eagle

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-27-2007, 09:02 AM
I did the boy scout thing back in High school. But had to quit after a year because when we went out of town camping..The boys were all trying to rape me and my friends and wouldn't leave us and our tent. It was a scary experience. :roll:

Every morning We'd wake up and things are missing on our luggage and when we go outside our tent my mascara, compact, canned food, hanky, brush etc. were all hanging by a tree. They were retarded! The scout master was in it and was asking for a buck for each item. Either that or they want me and my friends to perform and dance for the whole camp like strippers. I hated the whole experience to be honest. :evil:

~Kisses.

HTG

lust4ts
11-27-2007, 09:22 AM
I was thrown out of Cubs for fighting :twisted:

Willie Escalade
11-27-2007, 09:50 AM
I did the full Cubs Scout thing (except for the Tiger Cubs). Bobcat, Wolf, Bear, Webelos...I reached them all, collecting a lot of merit badges along the way. When it came time to be a full-fledged Boy Scout, I gave up. I lost interest in it. Pack 652 here!

tsntx
11-27-2007, 10:01 AM
i was an eagle scout... whoopie do... i fucked my scout master for merit badges

tsntx
11-27-2007, 10:02 AM
I did the boy scout thing back in High school. But had to quit after a year because when we went out of town camping..The boys were all trying to rape me and my friends and wouldn't leave us and our tent. It was a scary experience. :roll:

Every morning We'd wake up and things are missing on our luggage and when we go outside our tent my mascara, compact, canned food, hanky, brush etc. were all hanging by a tree. They were retarded! The scout master was in it and was asking for a buck for each item. Either that or they want me and my friends to perform and dance for the whole camp like strippers. I hated the whole experience to be honest. :evil:

~Kisses.

HTG

:shock:

LAGent4ts
11-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Made it to Life, then realized it was time to get one.

EyeCumInPiece
11-27-2007, 10:10 AM

Did u really? thats hot.

I dunno bout the rest of NY'ers but i dont ever remember having the opportunity of being a boy scout. Neither i or anyone i grew up with ever even had the chance the do so. Did it cost money? Perhaps i was too poor at the time :shock: Either way, doesnt sound like i missed much.

goliath_91710
11-27-2007, 11:30 AM
Eagle Scout, Troop 206.

I can understand the shit talk. It's all kinda patriarchal and authoritarian and whatnot, but it was where I, as a boy, was socialized, and where I felt comfortable and unashamed of being a boy. It's where I learned how to camp, cook in the wilderness, the hilarity of a fart, and how to burn things safely. A profound sense of love, gratitude, and respect for nature, God, and my fellow beings are the things I got most from it...

Oh, and now I'm a pothead, shroomer, and hippie because of my aforementioned love of nature.

Do any of the other Eagle Scouts remember the "secret hand shake?"

biguy4tvtscd
11-27-2007, 11:36 AM
I was a Cub Scout for about a year. Lost interest, and stopped going.

I was never much for organized anything. The fire would burn bright for a few weeks, then burn out.

lust4ts
11-27-2007, 11:38 AM
I was a Cub Scout for about a year. Lost interest, and stopped going.

I was never much for organized anything. The fire would burn bright for a few weeks, then burn out.

:shock: A few weeks, jees someone got their fire building badge...........Yes I know what you meant :wink:

NewYorker
11-27-2007, 06:20 PM

~Kisses.

HTG

I'm surprised they even let you in/stay what with the way Boyscouts frown on homosexuality and Transexualism.

I made it to Webelos then lost interest.

Tomfurbs
11-27-2007, 06:24 PM
I was the only guy in my troop to get a gardening badge. I was very proud about it at the time

Hmm....

BBaggins06
11-27-2007, 06:27 PM

:shock:

Though now you're probably getting bombarded with PMs of guys wanting to be your scout master .... Mahalo

Matt

trish
11-27-2007, 06:31 PM
i was a very cute little cub scout and made it to weeblo (i think that's what it was). after that i was a boy scout for about three weeks, but the scout master got arrested for drunk and lewd behavior, the troop broke up and there were no more boy scouts in our town.

BBaggins06
11-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Yeah, I did the Cub/Boy Scout thing too for a couple of years. My dad was an assistant scoutmaster or something and I did it just to go camping and hang out with the old man and my brothers. Didn't get too far, maybe First Class. Mahalo

Matt

sparksplus
11-27-2007, 06:34 PM
eagle scout

Leverage87
11-27-2007, 06:38 PM
I was never in the scouts, although I was in something similar that was church related called cadets or something, my parents a fairly religious. I made it to the 2nd rank, like pathfinder or some such crap, got bored with it, left.

All I had ever heard was "Oh you get to do all this stuff like archery and this and that" yeah, that never happened for us, we would've had to sit through the other crap for about 4 years first.

Bleh. I ended up learned most of the crap they were going to teach us on my own, with my dad, or with friends anyways.

BrendaQG
11-27-2007, 07:16 PM
I was a cub scout. I made it to be a webelo. That year all but one other scout moved out of the town I lived in. With my friends gone I did not want to continue.

NewYorker
11-27-2007, 07:20 PM
I dunno bout the rest of NY'ers but i dont ever remember having the opportunity of being a boy scout. Neither i or anyone i grew up with ever even had the chance the do so. Did it cost money? Perhaps i was too poor at the time :shock: Either way, doesnt sound like i missed much.

There were dues but when I started it was a quarter and by the time I left it was dollar. There are troopers all over NYC, or at least used to be, with a large number in brooklyn.

Quinn
11-27-2007, 07:20 PM
I was a cub scout back when I used to live in Monterey, California. I made it to Webelo, which seems to be the point where most people quit.

-Quinn

fhsjazztrumpet2
11-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Made it to Star scout, then I decided I wanted to do well in school rather than camp out all the time.

SkyTwo
11-28-2007, 01:01 AM
That many Eagle Scouts? I only made first class before it occurred to me that there was something wrong with the whole scenario.

Hiking ten miles to mosquito heaven in order to spend a weekend eating half-cooked food in the rain with a bunch of guys is no way to spend adolescence. And I wasn't even one of the poor slobs being picked on all the time. :smh

stevenb43
11-28-2007, 01:48 AM
Eagle Scout and proud of it, long time ago but only 1 out of 100 make it....Doesn't do me any good but I am still proud that I stuck with it....

Quinn
11-28-2007, 02:31 AM
Eagle Scout and proud of it, long time ago but only 1 out of 100 make it....Doesn't do me any good but I am still proud that I stuck with it....

That's funny. I was proud of myself for doing precisely the oppositte: not sticking with it. :lol:

-Quinn

arnie666
11-28-2007, 02:45 AM
I were a sea scout. Although I think we went on the water once and that was the 'river thames'. Got kicked out in the end for trying to set fire to the scout hut with a few other lads.

I joined the army cadets after that. Much better as they had lots of things that went bang plus they had girls :D .

StaggerLee
11-28-2007, 03:27 AM
I still regret not attaining Eagle...I made Life just as my father took over the troop, and all my focus went into helping him with that (that's my excuse, anyway). But with the scouts I went hiking,biking,swimming,diving,exploring and much more. We learned how to camp,to cook and clean for ourselves, and even to survive in the wilderness (all these new survival shows on tv, and I see things we learned when i was 12-can't beat that). I learned how to handle a gun, to appreciate nature and wildlife, and I am grateful for all of it! When I have a son, he will be a scout-what better way to learn as a boy?!

Tomfurbs
11-28-2007, 03:31 AM
I were a sea scout. Although I think we went on the water once and that was the 'river thames'. Got kicked out in the end for trying to set fire to the scout hut with a few other lads.

I joined the army cadets after that. Much better as they had lots of things that went bang plus they had girls :D .

Hey! yeah I was in the cadets at school too. It rocked because the squaddies who led us from Catterick let us smoke - afternoon sorted. I was a Lance-Corporal ... what a joke.

KiraHarden
11-28-2007, 03:32 AM
I was a Cub Scout and a Boy Scout, but I wanted to be a Brownie

Quiet Reflections
11-28-2007, 04:14 AM
eagle scout

CORVETTEDUDE
11-28-2007, 04:57 AM
Scout Jamborees is where I learned how to light farts around the old campfire.....What a talented bunch of fucks we were!!!

KiraHarden
11-28-2007, 05:02 AM
Scout Jamborees is where I learned how to light farts around the old campfire.....What a talented bunch of fucks we were!!!
Now that sounds so gay! JK

CORVETTEDUDE
11-28-2007, 05:11 AM
Now that sounds so gay! :shock: By talented fucks what exactly are you implying,,,,

Nothing gay implied....just a guy thing. We would also conduct panty raids on the Girl Scout Camps and wear them on our heads the next morning. Later in life, I was in the fraternity that "Animal House" was patterned after. Lightin' farts...just gettin' started!!!

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-28-2007, 06:52 AM

~Kisses.

HTG

I'm surprised they even let you in/stay what with the way Boyscouts frown on homosexuality and Transexualism.

Like I said way back, I attended an all boys catholic school. And with the difference in culture (west and east), gays and tg's in general are widely accepted. Except, they do like to do pranks on you! :twisted:

~Kisses.

HTG

Ecstatic
11-28-2007, 07:17 AM
It's the Boy Scouts of America that are homophobic; I believe you were a scout in the PI, right Hara?

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-28-2007, 07:30 AM
Correct! LOL ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

justatransgirl
11-28-2007, 08:54 AM
HTG - too funny... I can't imagine what would happen if an american boy scout got caught with lipstick and such stuff - they'd probably burn her at the stake... I don't think there are too many out TS girls in the US boy scouts...

Well, I would have fucked my Scoutmaster but it was my Dad. Giggle. eewww god can you imagine...

Though I'm pretty sure one of the other fathers had his eye on me but nothing ever came of it.

As an amusing aside... many years later when I was freelancing for the LA Times I covered a story on gay boy scouts and the guy leading the demonstration was a guy I knew from high school.

I had absolutely no idea he liked boys. We could have had sooo much fun in high school. I came out to him a few years ago and he was like, "yeah, I know..." "and so did everyone else..."

Sigh, Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

OEMEnemyNum1
11-28-2007, 09:11 AM
I remember we always did the camp trips, and the "Klondike" trips. We would always go in the middle of winter, and we had 4 foot of snow one year and got stuck for a week. Scouts totally rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're a bunch of farm and ranch kids out here, so we learned "gun safety" in scouts. We all knew how to shoot before the trip, lol.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-28-2007, 09:24 AM
HTG - too funny... I can't imagine what would happen if an american boy scout got caught with lipstick and such stuff - they'd probably burn her at the stake... I don't think there are too many out TS girls in the US boy scouts...

True. But then my family would SUE (As is any American would)!! LOL ;)

That's nothing tho compared to near being kicked out of high school for being femme. The priest/principal didn't like that I was wore short shorts as volleyball uniform and made me pull them down after being pulled out of a game. :evil:

~Kisses.

HTG

TJT
11-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Did the Cub Scout thing. I wasn't allowed to move on to Scouts due to rumors about the scoutmaster and certain boys. (It was true,he did time for it about a decade later.)

Just think of all the circle jerks I missed out on.

NewYorker
11-28-2007, 07:00 PM

~Kisses.

HTG

Like I said way back, I attended an all boys catholic school. And with the difference in culture (west and east), gays and tg's in general are widely accepted. Except, they do like to do pranks on you! :twisted:

~Kisses.

HTG

Sorry, I don't know your background. Where did you grow up?

marissaazts
11-28-2007, 07:07 PM
cubscout kicked outat weblos for curseing the den mother

PghTGrlLvr
11-28-2007, 07:16 PM
I made it about 2 weeks or so back in the early to mid '70s (probably about 12-15 yrs old). The Scouts weren't exactly my cup of tea...a bit too straight laced and gay "well, not GAY, just gay" :wink: for a young hippie wannabe.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Sorry, I don't know your background. Where did you grow up?

NP. I grew up in Manila NewYorker.

~Kisses.

HTG

JANIRA
11-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Belive it or not, my mom signed me up for it when i was about 7 and she was very surprisedi wanted to join, because my father always tried to make me go out and do "BOY THINGS" instead of playing my jump rope with my girl friends down stairs in the buliding complex were we lived. My dad enroled my in soft ball , 5 days later i got realeased the coach told my dad i was too femmine,,, my dad also enrolled me in judo, i sprained my anklea week later doing so stupid ass chop suey kinda move,,lol.... So my parents kinda didnt try anymore with me to to "BOY THINGS".. so when i approcahed my mom about joing the boy sccouts, she was thrilled it was like if she saw God herself, so to make a long stpry kinda short, we when to the registration for the boy scouts,, and my parents are all proud that their lil efemmeinate child was "GOING TO DO BOY THINGS",. the leader asked my folks some question, and then they were interviewing me and that asked my "WHY DO YOU WANT TO JOIN THE BOY SCOUTTS OF AMERICA?" i said: i really like the long socks and i want alL the patches you people wear are so pretty,, when do i get them????... ................... I never recived the approval letter. :oops:

SkyTwo
11-30-2007, 02:29 AM
my dad also enrolled me in judo, i sprained my anklea week later doing so stupid ass chop suey kinda move,,lol.

OK, I think I see what the problem might have been. No reputable instructor would be teaching chop suey after just one week. :D

Anyway, now I'm all surprised that so many people learned gun safety in the Scouts. I'm not exactly from a major metropolitan area, but that isn't something that even came up.

And to the lucky bastard who got to camp in close proximity to Girl Scouts, I'm surprised and pretty jealous. Then I might have made it beyond first class.

Instead, no guns, no girls, and no me.

tall, dark & Handsome
11-30-2007, 06:17 PM
"[b] i really like the long socks and i want alL the patches you people wear are so pretty,, when do i get them????... ................... I never recived the approval letter. :oops:

You are so adorable Janira