PDA

View Full Version : Any House Heads on This Board?

LarryFromNYC
11-21-2007, 06:35 AM
Anyone into House music on this board? I personally like old school house music and would like to get my cd collection up to date. Who and what is hot in House nowadays? It seems like there are so many catergories of House music now, what are the major differences?

lust4ts
11-21-2007, 06:49 AM
I used to be back in 1998 - 2002, the scene kind of died over here, it got way too commercial and full of those cyber freak types.

I used to go raving all over the UK, every weekend. Whether it was House, Industrial Techno, Hardcore, Jungle or Garage, as long as I was wrecked it was all good!

LBCDO
11-21-2007, 07:10 AM
I am, but mostly into Chitown shit. And its usually too regional, people dont really like it outside of chicago

but I love Jungle and Drum and Bass. Thats what I listen to pretty much 24/7

Quiet Reflections
11-21-2007, 07:16 AM
I love trance myself
Armin van burin
Ferry Corsten
Armin Van Helden
George Acosta and so on

LarryFromNYC
11-21-2007, 07:19 AM
LBCDO,

List some artists and songs I need to check out? Thanks.

I am, but mostly into Chitown shit. And its usually too regional, people dont really like it outside of chicago

but I love Jungle and Drum and Bass. Thats what I listen to pretty much 24/7

LarryFromNYC
11-21-2007, 07:20 AM
Thank you. I will check out those artists.

I love trance myself
Armin van burin
Ferry Corsten
Armin Van Helden
George Acosta and so on

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
11-21-2007, 07:21 AM
I was sneaking into the paradise garage at age 13 thanks to one of my older brothers, I'm a die hard house music fan, Jennifer Paris hates the shit I was playing it in the car while she was with me and she couldn't stand it..........

di.fm has 2 different house music channels although they often play the same artists

and here in NYC Dj Reuben Toro plays new & old house music every Saturday night from 12 to 5am

lust4ts
11-21-2007, 07:24 AM
I love trance myself
Armin van burin
Ferry Corsten
Armin Van Helden
George Acosta and so on

If you like trance DJ Taucher is pretty damn good. I saw him at Ministry Of Sound over here in London, fuck that was a good night :twisted:

Quiet Reflections
11-21-2007, 07:31 AM
I love trance myself
Armin van burin
Ferry Corsten
Armin Van Helden
George Acosta and so on

If you like trance DJ Taucher is pretty damn good. I saw him at Ministry Of Sound over here in London, fuck that was a good night :twisted:
Taucher is great too
also try Judge Jules, Carl Cox and Deep Dish

LBCDO
11-21-2007, 07:40 AM
I was sneaking into the paradise garage at age 13 thanks to one of my older brothers, I'm a die hard house music fan, Jennifer Paris hates the shit I was playing it in the car while she was with me and she couldn't stand it..........
Sounds like me when I was 13 and 14 getting flyers from the mall and going and seeing all the events when I ahd no business taking my ass there.

di.fm has 2 different house music channels although they often play the same artists

Thats what Im listening to right now. Go to shoutcast.com and I usually just type "drum bass" in the search and di is like the 2nd feed. I just downloaded the playlist file and everytime im on the computer it pops up.

If you want some ChiTown jungle, Danny the wildchild, DJ DaDa, and Phantom 45 will have you straigt

If you want some juking music, DJ Sluggo, DJ PJ and you're good

Jennifer_English
11-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Absolutly!

I LOVE house music...

I Started listening way back in 1987 with tracks such as:

Nitro Deluxe 'This brutal House'
Jungle Brothers ' I'll house you'
Raze 'Jack the Groove'
Housemaster boyz and the rude boy of house 'House Nation'
Hithouse 'Jack to the sound of the underground'
The DTI 'Keep This Frequency Clear'

More modern day favourites would include:

LNR 'Work It To The Bone'
Talizman 'Only You'
Pulse 'The Lover That You Are'
The Program 'Love & Affection'
MAW presents INDIA 'To Be In Love'
Kings of Tomorrow 'Finally'
Allison Limerick 'Where Love Lives'
Praxis feat Kathy Brown 'Turn Me Out'
Fish Go Deep feat Tracey K ' The Cure & The Cause'
ATFC 'Bad Habit'

To be honest though I have WAY to many favourites to list.... I mix at home and have a couple of thousand records. Some of my favourite labels are in my Sig.

I would agree that all the sub-genres of music can be confusing and seems to keep people from having open minds towards new tracks that don't fit exactly into their particular favourite genre.

Seems nowdays that a lot of people have forgotten what it was all about... ie:having a good time and listening to some great music.

rbso13
11-21-2007, 07:28 PM
for all relative muzic..TIESTO is at the top of the list
2) Deep Dish
3) Danny Tenaglia
4) Victor Calderone
5) Sandra Collins (her newest shit is off da charts)
6) Armin Van Burin
7) Black N Jones
Tiesto, tiesto, tiesto,

Night Rider
11-21-2007, 07:31 PM
rbso13 that's trance, I like most of them too.

House is completely different and if I'm being honest, it's shite.

kazee69
11-21-2007, 07:43 PM
if you want good house or any electronic music check out www.beatport.com they have all the good shit :)

Jennifer_English
11-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Great site and MUCH cheaper than Hard to find records...

thanks!!
x

LBCDO
11-21-2007, 07:58 PM
I dont know about there, but everyone here in the states is using Serato to mix with. A lot easier than carrying crates and cases and handtrucks to a gig. It just sucks digitizing your music

Jennifer_English
11-21-2007, 08:27 PM
A lot of the clubs over here have Pioneer CDJ1000 decks as opposed to Technics 1210's, some have have both... Personally I much prefer vinyl .

I think the next thing on my shopping list will be a pair of the Pioneers..

Can't say I've ever heard of Serato... I'll have to do some digging...

I

LBCDO
11-21-2007, 08:37 PM
Yea, really nobody hear uses 1200s. Wait, for house, yea, but I do a different scene, and only like 5% of the music comes out on Vinyl. I spin on CDJs and I love them, but I never tried vinyl.

The way Serato works you can use vinyl or CDs, its your choice. You buy a box that comes with both of them. Then you hook your your computer and your setup to the box. You choose the song you want to cue up on your computer, and you can manipulate the mp3 just like a vinyl with the special serato CDs/Vinyls. It worth checking out