PDA

View Full Version : this is a serious subject not for chuckleheads and ostriches

thx1138
11-18-2007, 03:59 PM
http://tomdispatch.com/post/174863/as_the_world_burns

DJ_Asia
11-18-2007, 04:12 PM
I didnt read the entire article but skimmed through it.

My thoughts on Global Warming/Climate Changes

Many scientists andgovernments are beginning to finally jump on the Global Warming bandwagon...joining Al Gore and Leo DiCaprio in this cry for a green earth and reversing the damage that mankind has done to the earth.While im no expert ,I've read and listened to several "experts" on the situation,most seem to point to an excessibe amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.Now im not disputing that,but last time I checked carbon dioxide was what trees and plants breathed in to give off oxygen....
It seems to me the issue at hand is 2 factors one of which we can control.Firstly..plant more damned trees and stop wiping out the rainsforests at such an alarming rate...more trees you have the less carbon dioxide remains in the atmosphere.

Secondly the planet has gone in cycles for billions of years.Ice ages followed by a warming trend and then back into an ice age...IMO its a natural cycle we are witnessing,and as the situation progresses it builds upon itself and thus creates a quickening of the process.

Personally I believe the governments worldwide understand this,but screaming "Global Warming" just gives them more ammunition to create more laws,taxes and control over the masses.

thx1138
11-18-2007, 04:21 PM
As was once said in a movie: :the people who need to know know". The world will be reforested AFTER human population has been forcibly reduced to a stable 500 million. Why the incessant warfare from WW2 on, proliferation of new deadly diseases? Human population reduction.

DJ_Asia
11-18-2007, 04:28 PM
As was once said in a movie: :the people who need to know know". The world will be reforested AFTER human population has been forcibly reduced to a stable 500 million. Why the incessant warfare from WW2 on, proliferation of new deadly diseases? Human population reduction.

Perhaps. I listen to Alex Jones radio show occasionally,and his websites are full of interesting theories as well.However he is his own worst enemy.Some of the stuff he talks about is SO way off that it casts doubt to everything else he says.Sometimes I wonder if he is actually on the air to mix truth with disinformation intentionally.

PghTGrlLvr
11-18-2007, 04:28 PM
DJ,
Clear thinking, reasonable conclusion. Thank you........now why don't you move to the States, become a citizen and vote. We could use you and your knowledge of what governments are good at.
As you said:
"Personally I believe the governments worldwide understand this, but screaming "Global Warming" just gives them more ammunition to create more laws, taxes and control over the masses."

PghTGrlLvr
11-18-2007, 04:32 PM
The Nov 1, 2007 issue of Rolling Stone had an iteresting article/interveiw with British scientist James Lovelock. He has some interesting theories on the topic of global climate change.

DJ_Asia
11-18-2007, 04:38 PM
DJ,
Clear thinking, reasonable conclusion. Thank you........now why don't you move to the States, become a citizen and vote. We could use you and your knowledge of what governments are good at.
As you said:
"Personally I believe the governments worldwide understand this, but screaming "Global Warming" just gives them more ammunition to create more laws, taxes and control over the masses."

Well mate I am an American citizen.Lived in America for a long time.Several factors led me out of the states originally,a girl brought me back,and when that ended I left again.

Im completely sickened by what is happening in the states and around the world,and frankly Ive stated it before,I'd vote for Ron Paul in a heartbeat but the press wont allow him to win....

so instead I sit here in a country that is under the control of military junta,holding my breath.hoping all hell doesnt break loose when Bhumibol Adulyadej,The King of Thailand,dies. Oddly i feel safer and more free here than I did in America..at least the America of the last 20 years.

PghTGrlLvr
11-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Interesting, thanks for the reply.
I hear ya about Ron Paul. I don't know too much about him but what I've heard I like. I see quite a few signs in peoples yards around here with his name on it. Then again, the county I live in north of Pgh is a rather conservative area.
Good luck over there, I'll bet the weather is nicer anyway. Not supposed to get above 40 and rain/possibly snow mix here today. Loved snow when I was a kid but the older I get..............................
Stay safe.

thx1138
11-18-2007, 04:49 PM
voting sounds good but there are difficukties the most prominent of which are voter fraud (electronic and otherwise). As for alex Jones and the 500 million figure. google 'the club of Rome" and read up on their position of global population expansion. I know, I know, they are conspiracy theorists too.

PghTGrlLvr
11-18-2007, 04:53 PM
And yeah, we need a change over here. Both parties are owned by the same people. Special interest and big business. I was actually hoping Newt would run this time around. Since he left the political arena he's gotten heavily involved with non partisan think tanks and organizations. Has some good new ideas about health care, foriegn policy and such.
I think he's waiting for the Hillary thing to run it's course. Maybe 2012 he'll take a run at it. Wow......2012, amazing...........boy I miss the '60s and '70s.

PghTGrlLvr
11-18-2007, 04:56 PM
LOL, everybody's a conspiracy theorist anymore thx.

DJ_Asia
11-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Make no mistake..Ron Paul is a true conservative,not a neocon fool that has ruined the States...

In the words of former Treasury Secretary William Simon, Dr. Paul is the "one exception to the Gang of 535" on Capitol Hill.

Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record:

He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

Congressman Paul introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, probably more than any single member of Congress

PghTGrlLvr
11-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Damn DJ....sign my up. I'll have to look into him a bit deeper. I used to be a political junky back in the 80's but just got overloaded on the same old shit. I'm one of those strange people who can watch C-SPAN for hours. People have told me for years that I should run for office, but I'm just an old, long haired, independent thinking hippie.

And yeah Nicole, you're probably right about the placement of thx's threads. But if they were there, nobody much would read them I guess.

DJ_Asia
11-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Damn DJ....sign my up. I'll have to look into him a bit deeper. I used to be a political junky back in the 80's but just got overloaded on the same old shit. I'm one of those strange people who can watch C-SPAN for hours. People have told me for years that I should run for office, but I'm just an old, long haired, independent thinking hippie.

And yeah Nicole, you're probably right about the placement of thx's threads. But if they were there, nobody much would read them I guess.

eventually someone here will raise the issue of his stances on same sex marriage...as has been done in other Ron Paul threads...so I will say it before they do:

While I am personally totally for same sex marriages,the USofA is in deep shit...make no mistake.America is facing slightly larger issues than whether or not Bill can marry Fred.

PghTGrlLvr
11-18-2007, 05:43 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bill & Fred...............hysterical!!

thx1138
11-18-2007, 07:01 PM
I have located the correct section (didn't know existed until istarted looking for it on the main page) and have started posting there today.

Tanuki
11-18-2007, 07:52 PM
THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR POLLUTING THE ENVIRONMENT.. FOR OVER FISHING.. FOR DESTROYING NATURAL HABITAT.. FOR OVERPOPULATING THE EARTH . BY BUILDING STRIP MALL AFTER STRIP MALL. ETC ETC..

I HAPPEN TO KNOW ONE OF THE SCIENTISTS WHO DISCOVERED THE HOLE IN THE OZONE BACK IN THE EARLY 90'S.. ITS VERY REAL. AND JUST BECAUSE "LATELY" IT HAS MADE NEWS DOES NOT MAKE IT A PASSING THING..

ITS REAL. AND WE NEED TO DEAL WITH IT.