PDA

View Full Version : Any Proven cold remedies the HA family Know's of

tall, dark & Handsome
11-18-2007, 06:03 AM
Any Proven cold remedies the HA family Know's of that has eluded The medical community.

If I don't get better in 15 mins my Saturday night is at stake.

Tick-tick-tick Time may be running out for me unless some one can help

I tried having my bartender administer 2 shots of Jack daniels every half hour for 2.5 hours last night......I don't think I need to tell you all how that went.

marissaazts
11-18-2007, 06:06 AM
chicken soup and sleep
its just one saturday

tall, dark & Handsome
11-18-2007, 06:12 AM
Like one bowl of chicken noodle soup and 10 minutes of sleep? Sweet!!
Thanks Man!!!!!

tsmandy
11-18-2007, 06:33 AM
apple cider vinegar +cayenne +ginger + lemon+ honey,

that will cure just about anything

whatsupwithat
11-18-2007, 06:36 AM

yep! used this cure myself a few times. sweat it out, tdh!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
11-18-2007, 06:37 AM
Sweat...............................
wrap yourself up in some sheets you really dont like anymore, and sweat it out, either wash them twice afterwards or throw them out

keep a gallon of water nearby and constantly replenish

dan_drade
11-18-2007, 06:38 AM
Try a handfull of advil and a some daytime Theraflu or some other antihistamine. It won't make you feel 100% better, but it will make you feel about 50% better. The antihistamine will clear your head, and if you take about 1600mg of advil, it will dull the ill feeling.
I do it all the time and it helps me get through the day when I feel lousy. Nothing works like rest and time, but this will help for sure.

johnie
11-18-2007, 06:42 AM
Here's your cure for the common cold...suck on one of these...

:D :D :D

tall, dark & Handsome
11-18-2007, 06:46 AM
I am going to do the belt and suspenders approach and do both.

I am in for the night so i may as well relieve myself of any excess bodily fluids as well just to be sure it is not affecting me.

DJ_Asia
11-18-2007, 06:46 AM
We have a few here in Thailand

1. Deep fried Scorpions..(seriously)
2.This chinese cough syrup that contains "Ass Glue" AKA boiled donkey skin residue

One that you can try in the states:

Fresh Ginger root sliced thin like chips
Lemon
honey
Cayenne or hot chilis

Boil the ginger into a tea...add the rest to taste,drink liuke theres no tomorrow...

tall, dark & Handsome
11-18-2007, 06:47 AM
Here's your cure for the common cold...suck on one of these...

:D :D :D

Now your talking I'll take two of these and worry about the cold in the morning :D

tall, dark & Handsome
11-18-2007, 06:51 AM
We have a few here in Thailand

1. Deep fried Scorpions..(seriously)
2.This chinese cough syrup that contains "Ass Glue" AKA boiled donkey skin residue

One that you can try in the states:

Fresh Ginger root sliced thin like chips
Lemon
honey
Cayenne or hot chilis

Boil the ginger into a tea...add the rest to taste,drink liuke theres no tomorrow...

I had Lemon grass soup, a spiced up pad Thai, and Ginger tea (instead of my usual Singha) earlier, but I wish I had known about the cayenne they probably had it at the restaurant

johnie
11-18-2007, 07:21 AM
Swallow one of these....and DON'T call me in the morning.....

tall, dark & Handsome
11-18-2007, 07:22 AM
HAHA

justatransgirl
11-18-2007, 12:39 PM

If it doesn't kill you first....

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

Isn't anyone in the 21st century? Scorpions?

Take a Benedryl every 4-6 hours along with an ounce or so of Nyquil when you are stuffed up - drink about 1/3 a botle a day, not the tablespoon they suggest. Thereaful, etc works too.

And if you have a sore throat get some Cloroseptic and some eculaptyus lozenges.

Some Vit C crystals may help reduce the length.

And you will be good to go.

And PLEASE, PLEASE don't have sex or kiss anyone, or go to school or work and give it to everyone else, that's just rude.

dderek123
11-18-2007, 02:51 PM
lots of rest, neo citron before bed, and a good nights sleep.

wombat33
11-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Any Proven cold remedies the HA family Know's of that has eluded The medical community.

If I don't get better in 15 mins my Saturday night is at stake.

Tick-tick-tick Time may be running out for me unless some one can help

I tried having my bartender administer 2 shots of Jack daniels every half hour for 2.5 hours last night......I don't think I need to tell you all how that went.

GARLIC!!!!!!!!!

FOR ANY COLD, FLU OR VIRUS.

EAT 4-5 PEICES OF RAW GARLIC. JUST CHOP IT AND DRINK IT DOWN WITH WATER. A HEALTH NUT TOLD ME THIS AND I HAVE DONE IT WHEN I FELT SOMETHING COMING ON. THEN I GOT TO BED EARLY. BOTH THINGS ARE GREAT FOR YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM.

GARLIC I ONE OF THE GREATEST NATURAL ANTI BIOTICS EVER.

DON'T BELIEVE ME? i have been doing this for 5 years and i never get a cold.

FREEFALLL666
11-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Ok first tilt your head backwards so you are looking upwards at 45 degrees, next the tip of the bone before it turns cartlilage push in gently whle humming for a second. Do this approx 45 times continuously, IT WILL UNBLOCK THE NOSE.

Dont know about sore throats but I use throat sprays.

Anyone else get perverted images of old 70's US TV shows when they see THE HA FAMILY? I can see it now the girls are in a room with the guys, lighting goes soft as slightly cheery music starts to play one girl opens her legs showing her length "Now you see boys, remembering todays lesson with the Ice Lolly, it may be nice all alone, but its nicer when you share"...

tall, dark & Handsome
11-18-2007, 03:11 PM
[

GARLIC!!!!!!!!!

FOR ANY COLD, FLU OR VIRUS.

EAT 4-5 PEICES OF RAW GARLIC. JUST CHOP IT AND DRINK IT DOWN WITH WATER. A HEALTH NUT TOLD ME THIS AND I HAVE DONE IT WHEN I FELT SOMETHING COMING ON. THEN I GOT TO BED EARLY. BOTH THINGS ARE GREAT FOR YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM.

GARLIC I ONE OF THE GREATEST NATURAL ANTI BIOTICS EVER.

DON'T BELIEVE ME? i have been doing this for 5 years and i never get a cold.

Oh yea, I forgot about garlic.
thanks

Trogdor
11-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Sage and Thyme tea.
It's very bitter, though, so some honey and lemon juice to flavor it is ok to use, and might help even more.

Drink some and then tough out the cold while it does the work.

tall, dark & Handsome
11-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Sage and Thyme tea.
It's very bitter, though, so some honey and lemon juice to flavor it is ok to use, and might help even more.

Drink some and then tough out the cold while it does the work.

On it.
thnx

TJT
11-19-2007, 12:22 PM
An herbal supplement called Echinacea. Take it when you feel the cold first coming on.

There's some controversy over whether it works in the press. However,my wife is a nurse and everyone on the staff there uses it routinely when they feel a cold coming on. They swear by it. As many cold bugs as they see in a season,if it's good enough for them,it's good enough for me.

tall, dark & Handsome
11-19-2007, 12:30 PM
An herbal supplement called Echinacea. Take it when you feel the cold first coming on.

There's some controversy over whether it works in the press. However,my wife is a nurse and everyone on the staff there uses it routinely when they feel a cold coming on. They swear by it. As many cold bugs as they see in a season,if it's good enough for them,it's good enough for me.

I used to have some years ago, if it is still lingering tomorrow I'll pick some up. Actually if it is still lingering tommorrow I may even try Euthanasia.
:)