PDA

View Full Version : Dirty, Sexy Money - Candis

Tarissa
11-15-2007, 06:28 PM
After viewing every episode so far I can only say that this show is likely to be cancelled soon. The acting is horrendous. I would expect more from Donald Sutherland and Jill Clayburgh. Peter Krause has 4 word lines and just smirks the rest of the time. :?
The 2 actors that make watching DSM bearable are Billy Baldwin and the gorgeous Candis Cayne. I am glad that they did not digitally alter her voice again after that first show disgrace. As a TS girl she makes me proud and I hope she is nominated for an Emmy. She deserves it. The rest of the show makes me think that the writers strike actually started when they began this show.
She is a phenomenal actress and entertainer and will go far after this show. Her success in the mainstream is encouraging and should make all of her trans sisters proud of who we are.
Your thoughts?
xoxo
Tarissa

Tomfurbs
11-15-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm inclined to agree with you. This show seems like a real wasted opportunity. As soon as they started down the whole 'soap-opera' 'whose child is whose' I started losing interest. And does anybody even care about the guy's murdered dad? not really.

StaggerLee
11-15-2007, 07:44 PM
I just started watching the show last week, so i'm only two episodes into it, but I think it's great. It's different than most of what's out there, and doesn't take itself too seriously-and the acting is superb, especially Donald Sutherland.

TrueBeauty TS
11-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Of course, I love the Candis story line... the only reason I watch really.

I think the show has too many sub plots. Not enough time is given to develope the characters and story lines.

suckseed
11-15-2007, 08:01 PM
This is the beginning. When George Takei played Mr. Sulu on the original Star Trek, it was unusual to see an Asian actor on a mainstream show.

Tarissa
11-15-2007, 10:20 PM
Of course, I love the Candis story line... the only reason I watch really.

I think the show has too many sub plots. Not enough time is given to develope the characters and story lines.

. You're right TrueBeauty....it's all of those sub plots. Hopefully they will see which ones work and expand on those.

Ecstatic
11-16-2007, 01:34 AM
Subplotitis: a slew of TV today suffer unbearably from excessive subplotitis, as for example Wretched Housewives, Hiros, Grey's 'Samatterme, and far too many others. In such company, DSM actually isn't so bad, though it definitely qualifies as a soap. I love Donald Sutherland in it; he is such an oily, likable weasel. And the Baldwin/Cayne romance is fascinating; I like the way his wife reacted this week upon learning about the affair.

MrsKellyPierce
11-16-2007, 01:37 AM
Candis is definitely a talented to actress

echimandu
11-16-2007, 02:20 AM
After viewing every episode so far I can only say that this show is likely to be cancelled soon. The acting is horrendous. I would expect more from Donald Sutherland and Jill Clayburgh. Peter Krause has 4 word lines and just smirks the rest of the time. :?
The 2 actors that make watching DSM bearable are Billy Baldwin and the gorgeous Candis Cayne. I am glad that they did not digitally alter her voice again after that first show disgrace. As a TS girl she makes me proud and I hope she is nominated for an Emmy. She deserves it. The rest of the show makes me think that the writers strike actually started when they began this show.
She is a phenomenal actress and entertainer and will go far after this show. Her success in the mainstream is encouraging and should make all of her trans sisters proud of who we are.
Your thoughts?
xox
TarissaYes it will be cancelled. No, she won't get an emmy nod. She can't. Her character is a recurring character. Not a supporting. Recurring characters aren't eligible for emmy nominations. Don't look for any quantum leaps for her career or any other trans. The norm in Hollywood is to use a brilliant gg actress who can pass for trans. And thats not going to change.[/quote]

MiaIsabella1985
11-16-2007, 05:53 AM
I met Candice and watched her perform at the Ritz a couple of weeks ago in NYC and she is such a character herself. She really has "that thing" that makes people wanna watch her and be around her. I dont think Hollywood big wigs are just gonna let her slip through when they can make headlines by making her or another trans girl a record breaker. I have to disagree with the idea that we will never make it into the "Hollywood Norm" lol thats funny! Anyway, 60 years ago they made sure African American Actors and Actresses would never win an Oscar. Can we take a count now please!

xoxox Mia Isabella

echimandu
11-16-2007, 10:04 AM
I met Candice and watched her perform at the Ritz a couple of weeks ago in NYC and she is such a character herself. She really has "that thing" that makes people wanna watch her and be around her. I dont think Hollywood big wigs are just gonna let her slip through when they can make headlines by making her or another trans girl a record breaker. I have to disagree with the idea that we will never make it into the "Hollywood Norm" lol thats funny! Anyway, 60 years ago they made sure African American Actors and Actresses would never win an Oscar. Can we take a count now please!

xoxox Mia IsabellaOk miss I think I'm a mainstream star. Maybe you missed this. You know, you come off rather cocky for someone whose never worked on a major legit project. Dream on.http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=26906&postdays=0&postorder=ashttp://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=26906&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10c&stahttp://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=26906&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10rt=10

MiaIsabella1985
11-16-2007, 08:17 PM
AAAAAAAAWWW did I hurt your tiny little ego just because I actually have an opinion. God forbid! ! ! And there was nothing cocky about my response, however Im sure your a HUGE Hollywood producer right!
Suck my dick you little dick shit

JerseyBoy1
11-16-2007, 11:20 PM
Who in their right mind would ever take this Mia bitch seriously? She would be a lot better off if she just kept her big mouth shut and stroked her dick. Her personality is repulsive. I've never seen such a wannabee.

echimandu
11-16-2007, 11:27 PM
AAAAAAAAWWW did I hurt your tiny little ego just because I actually have an opinion. God forbid! ! ! And there was nothing cocky about my response, however Im sure your a HUGE Hollywood producer right!
Suck my dick you little dick shitUmm, no thank you. You can't even get fully erect. Complete turn off for me. Attitude as well.

JerseyBoy1
11-17-2007, 01:45 AM
Suck my dick you little dick shit

Very aggressive towards everyone :?: How do you say Meth addict :(

MiaIsabella1985
11-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Well Playfull John AKA THe Guardian has joined us again! Your hilarious Ray get a life you old stalker. Didnt NYCE moderator just kick you off on the 14th hmmmmmmmmm

As Danielle Foxx and many others girls have to constanly remind people, this is a forum for HUNGANGELS not CYBER TROLLS we are here to show off for the guys who admire us so if you dont like my postings read someone elses.

And while you do KISS MY ASS

RogerUK
11-18-2007, 03:12 AM
:trolls

:violin

Tranny 411
11-18-2007, 04:39 AM
I bet Seanchai is real pleased with that ass shot. You give credit to Shemale Strokers when the pic is from Shemale Yum. Dofuss :lol:

Tarissa
11-18-2007, 05:10 AM
OP here. back to the show, what do you think of it?