PDA

View Full Version : Surgery question for the girls

dc_guy_75
11-13-2007, 02:28 AM
After seeing a "A Soldiers Story" a while back, I wanted to more about the tragic story and I did a little research. Calpernia Addams mentioned in an interview that she probably wouldn't of gotten SRS if her bf Barry Winchell had still been alive since he liked her pre-op.

I understand that many (if not most) transsexuals plan on getting surgury one day, but if you feel in love with a guy who feel in love with you while you were still pre-op (and he liked you that way), would you still go through with SRS?

I realize this is a personal question, but It would be great to know the girls thoughts on this...

MrsKellyPierce
11-13-2007, 02:32 AM
No I wouldn't, if he truly loved me. He'd love me either way. I live for me.

dc_guy_75
11-13-2007, 02:46 AM
Kelly,
Makes perfect sense, just wondering in case (hopefully, when) I fall in love... its good to be prepared.
Thanks for your insight.

TrueBeauty TS
11-13-2007, 03:16 AM
After seeing a "A Soldiers Story" a while back, I wanted to more about the tragic story and I did a little research. Calpernia Addams mentioned in an interview that she probably wouldn't of gotten SRS if her bf Barry Winchell had still been alive since he liked her pre-op.

I understand that many (if not most) transsexuals plan on getting surgury one day, but if you feel in love with a guy who feel in love with you while you were still pre-op (and he liked you that way), would you still go through with SRS?

I realize this is a personal question, but It would be great to know the girls thoughts on this...

Well..... never say never. As it is, I have no desire to go for SRS. However, I think post-ops have a better chance of meeting quality men (No offence to the guys here) and as the years go by, I see that it's mostly true.

So...... right now I'm happy being pre-op, but who knows what the future holds?

justatransgirl
11-13-2007, 03:34 AM
I agree with Kelly, that I will do what I need for myself.

But also that in my own life and transition, a previous partner, a previous career and social aspects, and my present occupation have influenced (delayed) my surgery and transition decisions.

Sigh,
TS Jamie :-)

mbf
11-13-2007, 03:35 AM
but who knows what the future holds?

a romantic marriage under the spring-sun at the Prater

and a devastating divorce two, three ys later

:shock:

dc_guy_75
11-13-2007, 05:07 AM
The resposes are great. I suppose it depends on the circumstances, the person you were with, the stages in people's lives etc.

No clear answers here, as with most significant questions in life. The best rule is probably to support a person's decision, whether it be SRS or anything (non-harmful).

I think its difficult to go wrong when you support your partner, with any decision.

Danielle Foxxx
11-13-2007, 05:10 AM
Surgery is for me, so is my transition. Passibility helps me to avoid the mean people who go out of their way to hurt others.

I don't do anything else to get people to accept me, at the end of the day I go to bed alone so it really doesn't matter. The only people I answer to are those whom I love and care for and they want my happiness.

SRS will not change the person I am, and if a man will like me then it will have to be every aspect of me and not just a body part. If he asked me to keep it I would tell him to go date a pre-op who has no plans on having SRS

KiraHarden
11-13-2007, 05:19 AM
I will have the surgery, If he loves me he will support this decision, otherwise he never loved me he loved the dick. I agree with Danielle

["quote=Danielle Foxxx"]SRS will not change the person I am, and if a man will like me then it will have to be every aspect of me and not just a body part. If he asked me to keep it I would tell him to go date a pre-op who has no plans on having SRS[/quote]

www.youtube.com/kiraharden
www.myspace.com/kiraharden

MacShreach
11-13-2007, 11:51 AM
I will never trust a guy who I developed a physical relationship with while pre-op, to feel the same if and when I am post op. I don't think it would be fair to either of us to predict the outcome. He could have all the best intentions in the world, but that's not something you can promise someone.

Would you stop being reasonable and making statements that make sense like that?

FWIW I know of no case where the relationship survived the SRS surgery.

peggygee
11-14-2007, 02:12 AM

Well..... never say never. As it is, I have no desire to go for SRS. However, I think post-ops have a better chance of meeting quality men (No offence to the guys here) and as the years go by, I see that it's mostly true.

So...... right now I'm happy being pre-op, but who knows what the future holds?

I didn't have SRS strictly to attract a mate, though it has had the added
benefit of more men being open to the potential of a relatioship with
me.

The harsh reality is the vast majority of men in the world would prefer not
to be in a committed relationship with a woman who has a penis.

Factor in the fact that I was never comfortable with my penis, that I am
legally a woman, and it is an overall better situation for me.