PDA

View Full Version : Kanye West's mother dies after 'cosmetic procedure' :-?

BrendaQG
11-12-2007, 09:52 PM
My heart goes out to her and to Kanye. Everyone probably knows this is theoretically possible. I had just never heard of this happening to anyone for real.

CNN:Kanye West's mother dies after 'cosmetic procedure'. (http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/11/12/obit.west/index.html)

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- The mother of hip-hop mogul Kanye West died following a "cosmetic procedure" in Los Angeles this weekend, her publicist told CNN Monday.
art.donda.west.ap.jpg

Kanye West and his mother, Donda West, in May 2006.
more photos »

But Patricia Green, the publicist for Dr. Donda West, did not give details about the procedure or exactly what the cause of death was.

West died Saturday at the age of 58, confirmed a representative of West's record label, Island Def Jam, who added that "the family respectfully asks for privacy during this time of grief."

Donda West was a major influence on her son's life, as the music producer-singer-songwriter has often acknowledged. Video Watch Donda West talk about "Raising Kanye" »

She was the inspiration for the song, "Hey Mama," on Kanye West's 2005 album "Late Registration." Among the lyrics: "Hey Mama, I wanna scream so loud for you, cuz I'm so proud of you ... I appreciate what you allowed for me. I just want you to be proud of me." (Story: West's mother a model of support)

Earlier this year, she released a book she co-authored called "Raising Kanye: Life Lessons From the Mother of a Hip-Hop Superstar." Video Watch how Kanye West is mourning »

West retired from her post as professor and chair of the English Department at Chicago State University in 2004 to become her son's manager, according to the Kanye West Foundation Web site. Photo Gallery: Donda and Kanye West »
advertisement

Kanye West's writing partner Rhymefest lamented Donda West's death Sunday in an appearance on Chicago radio station WCGI, the AP reported.

"She was everyone's mom," Rhymefest said. "A spirit never dies, a spirit lasts forever."

lust4ts
11-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Shit that is sad, you don't expect these sorts of things to happen with cosmetic operations. The poor man must be in so much shock. I like Kanye he is good guy and quite funny too, I feel for him.

TJ347
11-12-2007, 11:18 PM
It's always a possibility. Remember the same thing happening to James Brown's wife a few years back? Sad thing is that it too was elective surgery. Vanity has its price, and occasionally it's steep. So it goes.

lust4ts
11-12-2007, 11:26 PM
It's always a possibility. Remember the same thing happening to James Brown's wife a few years back? Sad thing is that it too was elective surgery. Vanity has its price, and occasionally it's steep. So it goes.

Yep, I know someone who's mum only went into hospital for minor key hole surgery on her knee, the doctor made a major error and left something inside her leg, it got infected and they had to amputate, which is fucked. She got a huge conpensation, but no amount of money can really put something like that right.

LBCDO
11-13-2007, 12:10 AM
Yea, my cousins in chicago called me yesterday and told me, and I heard the interview with Rhmefest on WGCI

thx1138
11-13-2007, 06:45 AM
Anesthesia kills.

AllanahStarrNYC
11-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Yes it does.

Anesthesia complications are what usually kill you during surgery-

But if she was not having anesthesia- the surgery thst can be the most dangerous is lipo.

Very Sad.

daleach
11-16-2007, 04:21 AM
Thats pretty sad. I can not imagine being in his shoes right now. It's turned into such tabloid news story which must make it even harder on that poor family.

andyuk
11-16-2007, 04:41 AM
always a danger in any operation,very sad.
a foootballers wife alomost died a while back over here.
http://www.irwinmitchell.com/News/cosmetic-surgery-compensation.htm

BrendaQG
11-16-2007, 09:29 PM
What's more disturbing now is hearing about how the doctor she used wasn't even board certified. How he took 8 hours to do an operation that should have taken 4 and just sent her home. I would thnk that Kanye's mother would have done more homework...or had someone looking out for her.

I guess the moral of the story is take no surgeon on faith; check their references.

crayons
11-16-2007, 09:45 PM
I hope this makes him a little more humble. In the mean time, we can look forward to some "dear mama" dedications.

jimbobw2
11-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Charlie Weis almost died from stomach bypass

andyuk
11-17-2007, 05:10 PM
I hope this makes him a little more humble. In the mean time, we can look forward to some "dear mama" dedications.

i dont think thats called for.