PDA

View Full Version : your favorite heavy metalband?

ImpulZ
11-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Clint got the hardrock and i got metal :D :wink:

My favorite metal bands are:

testament
iced earth
annihilator
pantera
slayer
metallica
antrax
arch enemy
hatesphere

and a lot more.... :D

Nikka
11-11-2007, 07:38 PM
wow I bought the last arch enemy album the past week :)

Clind
11-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Motorhead
ACDC
Cult( LP :''ELECTRIC'')

ImpulZ
11-11-2007, 07:45 PM

How is the album?
I,m gonna buy it next week 8)

Leverage87
11-11-2007, 08:05 PM
My personal favorites: Metallica, (Black album and before) Megadeth, Pantera, Judas Priest, and of course, Motorhead.

Nikka
11-11-2007, 08:43 PM

How is the album?

is excellent :wink:

angela gossow is the devil

Coroner
11-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Motorhead
ACDC

Hold on a second, gringo. Not one of these bands is Heavy Metal! Motörhead is pure fucking RnR, AC/DC Hard Rock and The Cult just a Rock band.

My favourite Heavy Metal bands are:

Assault
Missió
Judas Priest
Diamond Head
Blitzkrieg
Scanner
Stormwitch

And to the thread author: Testament is a Bay Area Thrash Metal band. Metallica were a Thrash Metal as well but their first LP "Kill ´em All" was pure Speed Metal. Anthrax were also a Thrash Metal band in their early years. Annihilator is another Thrash Metal band. Not one of the bands you named belongs into the Heavy Metal section. You have to make differences between these Metal sub-genres:

Heavy Metal
Speed Metal
Thrash Metal
Power Metal
Death Metal
Progressive Metal
Neo-classical Metal

ImpulZ
11-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Motorhead
ACDC

Hold on a second, gringo. Not one of these bands is Heavy Metal! Motörhead is pure fucking RnR, AC/DC Hard Rock and The Cult just a Rock band.

My favourite Heavy Metal bands are:

Assault
Missió
Judas Priest
Diamond Head
Blitzkrieg
Scanner
Stormwitch

And to the thread author: Testament is a Bay Area Thrash Metal band. Metallica were a Thrash Metal as well but their first LP "Kill ´em All" was pure Speed Metal. Anthrax were also a Thrash Metal band in their early years. Annihilator is another Thrash Metal band. Not one of the bands you named belongs into the Heavy Metal section. You have to make differences between these Metal sub-genres:

Heavy Metal
Speed Metal
Thrash Metal
Power Metal
Death Metal
Progressive Metal
Neo-classical Metal

8) your right...so what is your favorite metalband?
Sounds better i think :roll:

ImpulZ
11-11-2007, 09:07 PM

How is the album?

is excellent :wink:

angela gossow is the devil

She screams like hell yeah 8) :rock2

Rod la Rod
11-11-2007, 09:20 PM
The most underrated, most knocked off, (AC/DC,Quiet Riot made a career of it), metal band of the century; SLADE

Out of every major metal band of the 70's, 80's live; Sabbath, Deep Purple, Zeppelin etc. etc. etc.

The best live show ever was SLADE!!!!

I still have the residual hearing loss to prove it.

gimmeurblood
11-11-2007, 09:29 PM
definitly slayer and lets throw in some Mayhem, Morbid Angel and Carcass. Lets show some love for the extreme stuff!

oh yeah the new Gallhammer cd kicks serious

cathare
11-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Juste Slayer :rock2

Leverage87
11-11-2007, 09:56 PM
gimmeurblood, isn't mayhem the notorious death metal band from norway (I believe its norway, if im remembering correctly) with the suicidal singer named dead and the whole faux cannibalism surronding his death and the murder of another member of the band?

ImpulZ
11-11-2007, 10:04 PM
devildriver is my latest concert 8)

that night rocks because the band is pretty awesome :twisted:

iebwnj
11-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Maiden

Between the Buried and Me
Throwdown
Killswitch Engage
All That Remains
Trivium (their first two cd's)
Dragonforce
Lamb of God
Black Dahlia Murder

Then every now and then I'll listen to some Cannibal Corpse or Dying Fetus

hwbs
11-11-2007, 11:34 PM
old school anthrax

on the new side slipknot hatebreed..

Coroner
11-11-2007, 11:35 PM
gimmeurblood, isn't mayhem the notorious death metal band from norway (I believe its norway, if im remembering correctly) with the suicidal singer named dead and the whole faux cannibalism surronding his death and the murder of another member of the band?

Mayhem is a Black Metal band and yes, they´re from Norway. Today they call themselves The True Mayhem. Dead was the one who killed himself and Euronymous (their next vocalist) was stabbed to death by Varg Vikernes who had his own project called Burzum.

Coroner
11-11-2007, 11:36 PM
Rod, Slade were a Glam Rock band, dude. I think they play Hard Rock today.

SexyMagdi
11-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Hmmm Dethklok is great. I love them. Alos Slayer, and Anthrax and others I can remember.

Jericho
11-11-2007, 11:57 PM
The best live show ever was SLADE!!!!
:rock2

Don't care how anyone wants to class 'em...Sheer class!

wombat33
11-12-2007, 12:28 AM
HEAVY METAL IS NOISE POLLUTION

Leverage87
11-12-2007, 04:47 AM
Thanks for clearing up my foggy memory Coroner, I'd heard a few different stories about that band, I've also heard since many european prisons (especially in scandanavia) are more focused on rehabilitation then punishment, the Varg guy was out in something like 10 years, and he no longer has any interest in metal at all. Thats just what I've heard.

Also, Motorhead rules! 'The Devil's Grip! The Iron Fist!'

gimmeurblood
11-12-2007, 04:54 AM

Mayhem is a Black Metal band and yes, they´re from Norway. Today they call themselves The True Mayhem. Dead was the one who killed himself and Euronymous (their next vocalist) was stabbed to death by Varg Vikernes who had his own project called Burzum.

Actually Euro was the guitar player and founder of the band and a central figure in the norwegian black metal scene. between his death, the stabbing of a man by former emperor drummer Faust and a string of church fires bought Black Metal to the forefront of extreme metal

El Nino
11-12-2007, 07:23 AM
Love Slayer here... also early Metallica, Soilwork (Swedish Band) and Napalm Death!!!

DJ_Asia
11-12-2007, 07:36 AM
My Favs

Motorhead
Iron Maiden
Metallica (pre black)
Angelwitch
Black Label Society
Ministry(yeah i know not really metal...who cares...theyre heavy and kick ass)
WASP
Scorpions
Accept
Warlock
Judas Priest
Pantera
Slayer
Venom
Ozzy
Saxon

Personally I think new metal sucks ass

Twinkie_Rameriez
11-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Fantomas
Judas Priest
Opeth
Between the Buried & Me
Cephalic Carnage
Godflesh
Cannibal Corpse
Electric Wizard
Black Sabbath (Ozzy & Dio)
White Zombie
Behold...the Arctopus
Carnival in Coal
Pan.Thy.Monium
Danzig
Drug Honkey

also some random Grindcore bands i enjoy just because:
Anal Cunt
Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in the Dilapidation
Sublime Cadaveric Decomposition

NewYorker
11-12-2007, 08:11 AM
Sepultura
Dream Evil
Black Sabbath
Testament
Naplam Death
Carcuss
Metallica

Dino Velvet
11-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Black Sabbath(Ozzy, Dio, Gillan, & Martin are all good.)
Ozzy
Dio
Motorhead
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Halford(Solo)
AC/DC
Black Label Society
Sepultura
Soulfly
Slayer
Pantera
Down
Metallica

Legend
11-12-2007, 09:10 AM
Metallica
AC/DC
Rage Against the Machine
Limp Bizkit

Coroner
11-12-2007, 11:07 AM

Actually Euro was the guitar player and founder of the band and a central figure in the norwegian black metal scene. between his death, the stabbing of a man by former emperor drummer Faust and a string of church fires bought Black Metal to the forefront of extreme metal

Yes, Euronymous came to the band in 1984 as their guitar player. He took also the vocals after Dead´s suicide until Varg killed him in 1993. Varg is an idiot and he´s more focused on politics than music. His band Burzum was the one that started a wave of Nazi-Black Metal bands. Varg killed Euronymous because some money but he also hated him for being a communist.

Galadriel
11-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Neurosis
ISIS

and don't give me any of that subgenre bullshit because A. I don't fucking care, and B. neither do either of those bands

Also:
Machine Head
In Flames
System

dandanx
11-12-2007, 11:55 AM
in no particular order

voivod
confessor
kyuss / qotsa
mastodon
entombed
clutch

and many many more

and to add to the mayhem/burzum string .......i met a few of those guys in the early 90's......payed a gig whith mayhem in the uk ...and have to say they were the oddest bunch of poeple ....and i am not surprised they started killing themselves and each other ... :?

Coroner
11-12-2007, 12:16 PM
in no particular order

voivod
confessor
kyuss / qotsa
mastodon
entombed
clutch

and many many more

and to add to the mayhem/burzum string .......i met a few of those guys in the early 90's......payed a gig whith mayhem in the uk ...and have to say they were the oddest bunch of poeple ....and i am not surprised they started killing themselves and each other ... :?

They are the Axl Roses of Black Metal. Arrogant people were never intelligent people. I never recognized Black Metal as a sub-genre of Metal because there´s not one riff, power chord or soli that makes it belong to Metal. All the freak show is some bullshit to me that began to stink more with those killings and political bigotry. Black Metal was born with Venom and Mercyful Fate/King Diamond when it still was a mixture of Rock N Roll and Heavy Metal and is completely different from today´s Black Metal. Those Scandinavian guys are intepreting everything their own way.

DJ_Asia
11-12-2007, 03:45 PM
in no particular order

voivod
confessor
kyuss / qotsa
mastodon
entombed
clutch

and many many more

Black Metal was born with Venom and Mercyful Fate/King Diamond when it still was a mixture of Rock N Roll and Heavy Metal and is completely different from today´s Black Metal. Those Scandinavian guys are intepreting everything their own way.

Yeah you forgot Hellhammer/Celtic Frost...they werent as funny as Venom or as goofy as King Billy but they were out at the same times.The new Black Metal is just silly IMO

Coroner
11-12-2007, 03:51 PM
in no particular order

voivod
confessor
kyuss / qotsa
mastodon
entombed
clutch

and many many more

Black Metal was born with Venom and Mercyful Fate/King Diamond when it still was a mixture of Rock N Roll and Heavy Metal and is completely different from today´s Black Metal. Those Scandinavian guys are intepreting everything their own way.

Yeah you forgot Hellhammer/Celtic Frost...they werent as funny as Venom or as goofy as King Billy but they were out at the same times.The new Black Metal is just silly IMO

Yeah, Hellhammer, Maniac Butcher and stuff like this is the early era of today´s Black Metal.

Wombat
11-12-2007, 03:58 PM
I like to listen to Rammstein while I plan my next move for world domination... :twisted:

DJ_Asia
11-12-2007, 04:28 PM
I like to listen to Rammstein while I plan my next move for world domination... :twisted:

Well shit man if youre gonna put in Der Rammstein then dont forget to add...

Birmingham 6
KMFDM
Ministry(the lords of all this shit)

almost forgot

Thrill Kill Kult and Lords of Acid(boy they suck ass)

gimmeurblood
11-12-2007, 04:28 PM
i totally forgot about Darkthrone, probably my favorite black metal band of all time.
also i believe former Aboyrm singer and current mayhem singer Attilla Chishar took over vocals after deads suicide. hahaha whoever started this thread thank you for finally giving me somethign to talk about

PghTGrlLvr
11-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Gotta be THE GODZ, Eric Moore's band from Columbus OH.

TJT
11-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Blue Oyster Cult circa '71 to '75. No one was close to them in those days.

Then they found that damned cowbell in '76.

goldtop
11-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Immortal are the best Black Metal band imho

GanglandBankstownSoldier
11-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Black Sabbath
Motorhead
Slayer
Iron Maiden
Mastodon
Lamb Of God

And a few others i cant think of right now

GanglandBankstownSoldier
11-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Pantera
Sepultura
Slipknot
AC/DC (there more rock than metal but ah well)

CORVETTEDUDE
11-13-2007, 03:10 PM
"BLACK SABBATH" (Tony Iommi)

"GROUNDHOGS" (T.S. McPhee)

yorkshireguy
11-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Well my fave heavy metal band has got to be the awsome Helloween :D

manbearpig
11-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Hmmm Dethklok is great. I love them. Alos Slayer, and Anthrax and others I can remember.

Dethklok! WOO!!!

and In Flames
Killswitch Engage
Megadeth
Iced Earth
Mudvayne
Blind Guardian
Rammstein
Maximum the Hormone (I dunno, guess theyd be more hardcore? Japanese band, check em out. Especially "Zetsubou Billy".)
Kittie (nothin hotter than chicks that rock out. right, Nikka? :wink: lol)

Azanti
11-13-2007, 11:38 PM
Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast Album, 1980s

shiwarrior
11-14-2007, 12:11 AM
Sepultura and Machine Head probabally

OlenkaDC
11-15-2007, 05:48 AM
Six Feet Under
Mercyful Fate
King Diamond
Hellhammer