??????????????????

VOTE VOTE VOTE..THANKS

Clind
11-11-2007, 06:43 PM
vote

:(

Leverage87
11-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Zepplin for me out of that list, although it was close, I love sabbath too.

Clind
11-11-2007, 07:02 PM
why out Led Zeppelin?
i believe that Zeppepin have for sure hard rock sound but i want to listen your opinion(nice poll with pussy's :) )

ImpulZ
11-11-2007, 07:03 PM
where is metallica :roll:

Leverage87
11-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Well, I feel that they brought about a whole new form of music, and the begining of what can be called metal, by tweaking the output and reverb and such from the guitars, experiments with other instruments (See: Battle of Evermore, Jimmy Paige plays a mandolin) and even with a mobile outdoor recording studio (Later used by Bad Company to record the song... Bad Company) really just a revolutionary band.

Clind
11-11-2007, 07:14 PM
ok i believe that all this characteristic belongs to the Hard Rock scene ,besides Heavy Metal took all this music ideas and transform them to the Heavy sound also i believe that of course ALL this bands put something to create Heavy Metal

i regard as Heavy Metal Bands groups like:
Scorpions,
ACDC(fantastic group),
Judas Priest,
Accept,Saxon,
Alice Cooper,
Wasp,
Twisted Sister,
Motorhead(unique but Heavy Metal band for me)

Clind
11-11-2007, 07:16 PM
where is metallica :roll:
i
i dont think that Metallica is a Hard Rock band

if i was talking about Metallica i would say that is clearly a Heavy Metal band

bassman2546
11-11-2007, 07:18 PM
I say none of the above. And only one artist produces new music today, albeit shit. Therefore, not sure how they can be classified as currently the best hard rock bands in the world.

I have to laugh at Aerosmith since most of the crap they've produced over the last fifteen years is barely strong enough for the easy-listening market.

Leverage87
11-11-2007, 07:18 PM
^^ Correct, to be technical, in most genre types ive seen, Metallica (along with the other members of the unholy rectangle of metal, Megadeth, Anthrax and slayer) are usually classified either as Thrash Metal, or Speed Metal, sometimes both.

Clind
11-11-2007, 07:33 PM
I say none of the above. And only one artist produces new music today, albeit shit. Therefore, not sure how they can be classified as currently the best hard rock bands in the world.

I have to laugh at Aerosmith since most of the crap they've produced over the last fifteen years is barely strong enough for the easy-listening market.

i m sorry but you just dont like Hard Rock and i m not sure if you have listen all this super bands i m sayiing that because if Aerosmith is a very good band is because of the works that did in 1970
besides you must laugh for Deep Purple too and so other bands that they want to earn money with crap songs
but here we dont judge the bad times of the groups but the good moments

Even Pink Floyd made an album named Final Cut that is nothing but this not mean too much...we all are staying in ''Dark side of the moon''
,''Wish you were here '' :)

Clind
11-11-2007, 07:39 PM
1973: Aerosmith
1974: Get Your Wings
1975: Toys in the Attic
1976: Rocks
1977: Draw the Line
1979: Night in the Ruts
1982: Rock in a Hard Place
1985: Done with Mirrors
1987: Permanent Vacation
1989: Pump

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerosmith

Clind
11-16-2007, 06:28 PM
i m just refreshing the thread

saifan
11-17-2007, 01:14 AM
I went with Zep, only because out of all those listed they were the most consistent. I love Sabbath but after Sabotage they really started to stink. Surprised that the Rolling Stones or AC/DC weren't choices.

eddie03
11-17-2007, 10:51 AM

So the one band you are referring to is Aerosmith & yes they have gotten softer & softer over the years. The thing that really puzzles me is that if a band stops getting commercial airplay then suddenly they havent released new music. I know some my favorite artists have done recent albums that are just as good if not better than there classic albums. However due to commercial radio promoting bands that they hand pick the albums get very little airplay. Lets take a peek at Clind's list & I am not endorsing any of these bands "new" music as I am only a true fan of two of the bands.

1. Led Zepplin - No new music, however they are playing a concert for charity this year (see info on Kerang.com) and there is rumor of a new album, however I really doubt it.
2. Black Sabbath - Latest New music, 3 new tracks released this year with returning vocals from Dio. "And the Devil Cried" to me is a new instant classic. New album will be coming in 2008 with Dio staying on vocals.
3. Deep Purple - Latest album 2005
4. Rainbow - Latest album 1995, and is officially over.
5. Uriah Heep - Latest album 1998, new album coming 2008
6. Aerosmith - Latest album 2004
7. Grand Funk Railroad - Latest 1983, allthough they tour still
8. Nazereth - Latest album 2003
9. UFO - Latest album 2006
info from wikipedia.

Like I said I am only a big fan of Zep & Sabbath, but just because it isnt played on the radio doesnt mean its not there. My two favorite bands have released albums I really enjoyed in the last couple years, yet most people think that Iron Maiden & Judas Priest arent around anymore. Sad since they are doing really good work lately. Maiden's 2001 release of "Brave New World" was ranked by Kerang as the 24th best metal album of all time. However it received no comercial airplay. Also Judas Priest's "Angel of Retribution" (2005) and Iron Maidens "A Matter of Life & Death" (2006) were the bands highest charted releases in the US at #13 and #9 respectively, yet still no airplay.

Also there is the whole hard rock/metal debate. To me Sabbath is Heavy Metal, they are the inventors of the genre IMO. But some people credit Zep, others Judas Priest to me it doesnt really matter as long as it ROCKS!

As for the poll I picked Zep as I said before to me Sabbath is Metal.

Clind
11-17-2007, 11:07 AM
I went with Zep, only because out of all those listed they were the most consistent. I love Sabbath but after Sabotage they really started to stink. Surprised that the Rolling Stones or AC/DC weren't choices.

Rolling Stones is not in the list because they are not a hard rock band is the definition of classic Rock music ,about ACDC is not so clear but i regard that is better to say that is a Heavy Metal bandi believe in fact that is the main bands of Heavy Metal i wrote before about it , read the other post of the thread.

Clind
11-17-2007, 11:13 AM

So the one band you are referring to is Aerosmith & yes they have gotten softer & softer over the years. The thing that really puzzles me is that if a band stops getting commercial airplay then suddenly they havent released new music. I know some my favorite artists have done recent albums that are just as good if not better than there classic albums. However due to commercial radio promoting bands that they hand pick the albums get very little airplay. Lets take a peek at Clind's list & I am not endorsing any of these bands "new" music as I am only a true fan of two of the bands.

1. Led Zepplin - No new music, however they are playing a concert for charity this year (see info on Kerang.com) and there is rumor of a new album, however I really doubt it.
2. Black Sabbath - Latest New music, 3 new tracks released this year with returning vocals from Dio. "And the Devil Cried" to me is a new instant classic. New album will be coming in 2008 with Dio staying on vocals.
3. Deep Purple - Latest album 2005
4. Rainbow - Latest album 1995, and is officially over.
5. Uriah Heep - Latest album 1998, new album coming 2008
6. Aerosmith - Latest album 2004
7. Grand Funk Railroad - Latest 1983, allthough they tour still
8. Nazereth - Latest album 2003
9. UFO - Latest album 2006
info from wikipedia.

Like I said I am only a big fan of Zep & Sabbath, but just because it isnt played on the radio doesnt mean its not there. My two favorite bands have released albums I really enjoyed in the last couple years, yet most people think that Iron Maiden & Judas Priest arent around anymore. Sad since they are doing really good work lately. Maiden's 2001 release of "Brave New World" was ranked by Kerang as the 24th best metal album of all time. However it received no comercial airplay. Also Judas Priest's "Angel of Retribution" (2005) and Iron Maidens "A Matter of Life & Death" (2006) were the bands highest charted releases in the US at #13 and #9 respectively, yet still no airplay.

Also there is the whole hard rock/metal debate. To me Sabbath is Heavy Metal, they are the inventors of the genre IMO. But some people credit Zep, others Judas Priest to me it doesnt really matter as long as it ROCKS!

As for the poll I picked Zep as I said before to me Sabbath is Metal.

about Black Sabbath it s something that many times i m in dilima ifwe can put them in a Hard Rock list some times i say "they are Heavy Metal " other times i say "they are Hard Rock" , i think that the reallity is that they are a Heavy Metal band is just that i like to factionalism this band with the other Hard Rock bands beacause they are in the same period(and this something that i do only for Sabbath's)

alpha2117
11-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Rammstein is the best Hard Rock band in the world.

Clind
11-17-2007, 12:01 PM

come on men Rammstein is a super band but they are not Hard Rock....

i m starting to think that maybe Nirvana was playing ,Ska and Sepultura are playing Calypso

CORVETTEDUDE
11-17-2007, 02:57 PM
No contest - ZEP!!!

alpha2117
11-17-2007, 03:32 PM

i m starting to think that maybe Nirvana was playing ,Ska and Sepultura are playing Calypso

Well what the hell would you call Rammstein. They definitly aren't heavy metal (they use keyboards) and they are definitly a hard sound (hell their name even means that sort of thing).

Volkersball proved once again that in the modern era few bands can match them for live shows.

As for Nirvana - as much as people labeled it Grunge as if it was new it was basically punk, Sepultura would fall under Heavy Metal which is such a large group it is really seperate to hard rock.

PghTGrlLvr
11-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Out of your list I would say Zep is the most recognizable and popular, but personally I can't ever get enough of UFO. Saw them in (June 13) '79 at The Stanley Theatre in Pgh. I believe it was Angel, AC/DC, UFO.

Clind
11-19-2007, 06:52 PM

Well what the hell would you call Rammstein. They definitly aren't heavy metal (they use keyboards) and they are definitly a hard sound (hell their name even means that sort of thing).

Volkersball proved once again that in the modern era few bands can match them for live shows.

As for Nirvana - as much as people labeled it Grunge as if it was new it was basically punk, Sepultura would fall under Heavy Metal which is such a large group it is really seperate to hard rock.

Rammstein are playing Intustrial this is the right term for me....
as for Nirvana and Sepultua i told that just to say that is very wrong to telll somebody that Rammstein is Hard Rock