PDA

View Full Version : WHO WATCHES GHOST HUNTERS & HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A GHOST

NewYorker
11-08-2007, 11:15 PM
I LOVE THE SHOW GHOST HUNTERS ( TAPS) HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A GHOST?

The house in brooklyn I grew up in was haunted. My mother, father, grandfather, a couple family friends, a girlfriend of mine and myself all experienced things at different times.

TheOne1
11-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Ghost Hunters is a joke of a show..but it is still entertaining

the scariest thing in this world are the people that are still alive

Night Rider
11-08-2007, 11:28 PM
My mum is convinced she saw a banshee when she was younger. She said she went to go to the toilet in the middle of the night, in their caravan, and she saw a banshee combing her sisters hair. I didn't believe her until recently. The freaky thing is she didn't know they were known for having combs until i looked them up! And it was exactly as she described. I'm a believer in supernatural stuff, how the fuck did anything start in the first place! I'm open to anything. Aparantely they are only from Scotland and Ireland, but i don't know why..

www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee

GroobySteven
11-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Many times.

biguy4tvtscd
11-08-2007, 11:45 PM
I don't believe in ghosts, goblins, or any other supernatural beings.

I don't understand the recent spate of supernatural themed tv shows. Vampire detectives, Heaven and Hell, People that can bring the dead back to life, etc...

At times it seems that we're becoming more superstitious over time, which bothers the shit out of me. In 1650 I can understand many people believing in ghosts, angels, etc..., but in 2007???

JANIRA
11-08-2007, 11:58 PM
I dont watch the show,.., but i do love,, "LISA WILLIAMS, LIFE AMONG THE DEAD" As far as seeing spriits some what, but i have felt them around me. W e are all surrounded my spirits. We our selves are spirits if you look at it. People often get scared by spirits , becase they think that all are evil, some may be , but like life itself is full of good and evil. Also to mention that we our selves may have spiritual protectors that walk with us, that help us and even have saved us, but some people tend to have that mind set " IF I CAN'T SEE IT WHY BELIVE IT" . I alwyas found it amazingly beautful & comforting to know that there is someone who is watching over me besides God, and who has walked with me throught all my gains and losses. Spirituality is a enlighting gift.

hwbs
11-09-2007, 06:57 AM
im a fan..watched the marathon wed night..my house when i was in high school was haunted..my stepfathers wife died very young of a violent heart attack. im not talking the corner of your eye...full body apparitions that would last 30-40 seconds..nothing violent but would scare the shit out of u..would see her walk into my parents bedroom..proof in the pudding was my stepfather moved out and left us..after we moved out i came over to get some things i had forgotten... my stepbrothers left the master bedroom empty ..which proves my point because it was beautiful with its own master bath plus a big deck connected to it..in fact no one lived upstairs...

Tanuki
11-09-2007, 07:27 AM
I watch every episode carefully.

There is more. There is more. I have had many experiences that have reached into " the paranormal.."
there is more.

JamesHunt
11-09-2007, 07:33 AM
I have experienced wierd phenomena in Edinburgh castle, that place is creepy.

marissaazts
11-09-2007, 07:37 AM
In 1650 I can understand many people believing in ghosts, angels, etc..., but in 2007???

agree

JamesHunt
11-09-2007, 07:41 AM
In 1650 I can understand many people believing in ghosts, angels, etc..., but in 2007???

agree

So you don't believe in parallel universes?

andyuk
11-09-2007, 07:43 AM
my late dad said he saw one,as did my brother.

marissaazts
11-09-2007, 07:52 AM
id believe in aliens long before id ever believe in ghosts or god or any of that stuff

manbearpig
11-09-2007, 10:57 AM
I dunno, you shouldn't really count ghosts out, I mean, unless you've died enough to really know what goes on there I don't think you have the experience to call bs on something that could be possible.

That said, my old house had a ghost. Every time she would come around it would start smelling like honeysuckles and she would close open doors. At first I thought it was the wind but then it kept happening when the windows were closed in the dead of winter.

SarahG
11-09-2007, 11:28 AM
I don't believe in ghosts, goblins, or any other supernatural beings.

I don't understand the recent spate of supernatural themed tv shows. Vampire detectives, Heaven and Hell, People that can bring the dead back to life, etc...

At times it seems that we're becoming more superstitious over time, which bothers the shit out of me. In 1650 I can understand many people believing in ghosts, angels, etc..., but in 2007???

Amen. Ghosts are as real as Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, angels and the Devil.

Add to that bullshit: Alien abductions, John Edwards, Silvia Browne, psychics, mediums, palm readers.

choose reason, not superstition.

Oh come on, John Edwards is totally real.

MacShreach
11-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Aparantely they are only from Scotland and Ireland, but i don't know why..

Because they're Gaelic. Banshee= ban sith, "White spirit."

The word "fairy" is often used to translate sith but it conjures up images of little sprites floating around the bottom of the garden. Even the Irish ones are often human-sized or bigger, and most definitely not to be trifled with, and the Scottish ones include Each Uisge, water horses or kelpies, horse sized spirits that live in lochs and rivers and feed on people. (There is reputed to be a kelpie living under a 900-year old church close to where I am right now, but so far as I know it hasn't eaten anyone for at least a couple of centuries. I still wouldn't walk past it at samhain (Halloween) unless I had to.) We also have selkies--seals who turn into people; they frequently appear as beautiful women who entice their human lovers under the waves to drown. There's a range of others.

See

http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/folklore/scotsfairies.html

These spirits are very, very old and they probably appeared with the arrival of Celtic culture at least 3000 years ago, if they were not here before.

Scotland and Ireland share the same Celtic culture. In what is now England, the Celtic culture (which was in any case different) was supplanted by first Roman then Anglo-Saxon culture over a thousand years ago. Most of the spirits there probably disappeared because of that.

They must like people they can talk to....

DJ_Asia
11-09-2007, 01:01 PM
never seen a ghost but i dont doubt their existence at all....speaking of ghosts..

Where u been Mega?

Night Rider
11-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Because they're Gaelic. Banshee= ban sith, "White spirit."

The word "fairy" is often used to translate sith but it conjures up images of little sprites floating around the bottom of the garden. Even the Irish ones are often human-sized or bigger, and most definitely not to be trifled with, and the Scottish ones include Each Uisge, water horses or kelpies, horse sized spirits that live in lochs and rivers and feed on people. (There is reputed to be a kelpie living under a 900-year old church close to where I am right now, but so far as I know it hasn't eaten anyone for at least a couple of centuries. I still wouldn't walk past it at samhain (Halloween) unless I had to.) We also have selkies--seals who turn into people; they frequently appear as beautiful women who entice their human lovers under the waves to drown. There's a range of others.

See

http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/folklore/scotsfairies.html

These spirits are very, very old and they probably appeared with the arrival of Celtic culture at least 3000 years ago, if they were not here before.

Scotland and Ireland share the same Celtic culture. In what is now England, the Celtic culture (which was in any case different) was supplanted by first Roman then Anglo-Saxon culture over a thousand years ago. Most of the spirits there probably disappeared because of that.

They must like people they can talk to....

Very interesting stuff MacShreach. I'm convinced there is some sort of spirit world we go to when we die. And let's hope it's a wecoming place. The few ligitiment physcics that know so much that they aren't scam artists know that there is a spirt world that ur soul goes to, that consists of 7 spheres (i think). They don't know the location but there guess is it's in some realm near Earth. You're put into a sphere depending on the purity of ur soul and work ur way up over time, untill u reach eternal bliss and enlightenment. Sounds fun if u miss the bottom sphere. Anyway banshees and those freaky Scottish ones u were talking about are not to be fucked with. Aparantelt banshees have different purposes, as in, if they are wailing then it's a sign that there'll be a death. If several banshees came at once it indicated the death of someone great or holy.

It sounds like i've just popped a few acid tabs but this is what i believe. I'm not paraniod or scared of death. If u rule out supernatural existence then ur closed minded.

wombat33
11-09-2007, 03:40 PM
in my opinion

life on other planets

free lunch

honest politicians

and so on.

Where I work (been there 14 years) everyone says they see a ghost. All say the same thing, male, white shirt, looks at you and then splits.

Well I have been there longer than anyone there, including in my office at the wee hours of 12:00 midnight, 2:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. alone. Never saw a thing.

I think those shows are all bullshit, just like Chris Angel's contacting the dead.

No ghosts and If I could afford it I would buy the ammityville horror house ands move in tomorrow and sleep like a baby.

SarahG
11-09-2007, 06:32 PM
The few ligitiment physcics that know so much that they aren't scam artists know that there is a spirt world that ur soul goes to, that consists of 7 spheres (i think). They don't know the location but there guess is it's in some realm near Earth....

They "Know" this?

I'd love to see the science journal that accepted that one...

Night Rider
11-09-2007, 06:37 PM
The few ligitiment physcics that know so much that they aren't scam artists know that there is a spirt world that ur soul goes to, that consists of 7 spheres (i think). They don't know the location but there guess is it's in some realm near Earth....

They "Know" this?

It's not like they can prove it SarahG but i've watched phycics do readings on celebs and they were bang on. I'm very skeptical with most physcics but there are a few ligit ones (Sally Morgan etc) not many.

If u don't believe it then how do they know stuff that they possibly couldn't any other way that physcic readings. Do research.

SarahG
11-09-2007, 06:40 PM

They "Know" this?

It's not like they can prove it SarahG but i've watched phycics do readings on celebs and they were bang on. I'm very skeptical with most physics but there are a few ligit ones (Sally Morgan etc) not many.

If u don't believe it then how do they know stuff that they possibly couldn't any other way that physcic readings. Do research.

How many readings do you hear about when things weren't "successful"?

It's like people who claim to know the future, we only hear about it when someone's lucky guess is spot on and that- is in the far minority.

Humanity has a long history of believing in stuff like this, and a long history of (with time) figuring out how people put on these kinds of shows to fool people... the Oracle for instance.

Night Rider
11-09-2007, 06:44 PM

They "Know" this?

It's not like they can prove it SarahG but i've watched phycics do readings on celebs and they were bang on. I'm very skeptical with most physics but there are a few ligit ones (Sally Morgan etc) not many.

How many readings do you hear about when things weren't "successful"?

It's like people who claim to know the future, we only hear about it when someone's lucky guess is spot on and that- is in the far minority.

Humanity has a long history of believing in stuff like this, and a long history of (with time) figuring out how people put on these kinds of shows to fool people... the Oracle for instance.

Yes Sally Morgan had delivered bad news, in fact a lot of it is, and then it happens. How do u explain that?

I don't understand how people rule out after life when it's the core of every relegion. There's a lot more to reality that u can see.

SarahG
11-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Yes Sally Morgan had delivered bad news, in fact a lot of it is, and then it happens. How do u explain that?

I don't understand how people rule out after life when it's the core of every relegion. There's a lot more to reality that u can see.

Denial is a powerful thing. People seek out religion because it is comforting to know that their crappy lives aren't meaningless, that it will (supposedly) get better, and that the unexplainable has tangible causes or meanings.

Why do you think that the more advanced we as a race become (technologically, scientifically) religion has existed to "explain away" less and less? Egypt doesn't have Pharaohs anymore for controlling or predicting the weather, they have meteorologists.

Progress, science and technology are the supposed death of faith because it shows just how baseless many belief systems are. Why do you think any fundamentalist religion to exist acts to prohibit or restrict technological advancement? This is not by chance, these religious leaders KNOW that science limits their ability to survive as a religion.

Why do you think the core of Christianity and Judaism have the story about the apple? The whole story behind the garden of eden was that these humans were enslaved by a higher power to be ignorant animal-like slaves. Science & knowledge was restricted, hence the whole thing about the apple being forbidden fruit. Why do you think fundamentalist islam killed their empire and banned the telescope & printing press in the middle east? Even the Chinese had fundamentalism destroy their technological superiority.

Night Rider
11-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Denial is a powerful thing. People seek out religion because it is comforting to know that their crappy lives aren't meaningless, that it will (supposedly) get better, and that the unexplainable has tangible causes or meanings.

Why do you think that the more advanced we as a race become (technologically, scientifically) religion has existed to "explain away" less and less? Egypt doesn't have Pharaohs anymore for controlling or predicting the weather, they have meteorologists.

Progress, science and technology are the supposed death of faith because it shows just how baseless many belief systems are. Why do you think any fundamentalist religion to exist acts to prohibit or restrict technological advancement? This is not by chance, these religious leaders KNOW that science limits their ability to survive as a religion.

Why do you think the core of Christianity and Judaism have the story about the apple? The whole story behind the garden of eden was that these humans were enslaved by a higher power to be ignorant animal-like slaves. Science & knowledge was restricted, hence the whole thing about the apple being forbidden fruit. Why do you think fundamentalist islam killed their empire and banned the telescope & printing press in the middle east? Even the Chinese had fundamentalism destroy their technological superiority.

Science is getting proven wron time after time and scientists are having to re-write science. Did u hear about the boy that wanted to be a buddah and meditated under a tree for over 9 months without food or water? He used yogic techniques to feed and hydrate of the positive energies of the mind. BBC had cameras on him for days and he hardly flinched. I'm with u in the fact that Christianity, Islam, Pharoes etc are bullshit but my point is every relegion believes in afterlife. More people than not, relegious or not. There is so much we don't know about and haven't discovered. But im not preaching, just telling u how it is.

hondarobot
11-09-2007, 08:10 PM
I haven't seen the show, but I believe the're forces at work everywhere that humans don't fully understand currently. I don't that's a scary thing (why would deceased humans want to simply scare people? Doesn't really make sense to me), I think it's interesting.

I have no idea if fragments of human beings remain on earth after death, either. I've never encountered Casper or Jacob Marley or anything. If I ever do I'll ask "Sooooo, what the hell is the deal here? You dead or what?" Phenomena commonly thought of as hauntings could be something else entirely.

I do know that I've experienced many situations where activity couldn't be rationally explained in a scientific way. At least not modern day science, these things will probably all be figured out eventually, but that could be hundreds or thousands of years from now.

:slimer

TheOne1
11-09-2007, 08:18 PM
isnt the brains perception of reality limited, and can only intake about a fraction of what is really in front of you? i think i read that somewhere...

or maybe it was lyrics... or i might have made it up...dunno

i believe in supernatural, but not ghosthunters

TomSelis
11-09-2007, 08:42 PM
I've never seen a ghost, but I have had a paranormal experience.

When my father passed in early '92, we came back from the hospital and there was a black bird in the house. One of my brothers and I shooed it out and a couple of days later, it was back.

redtiger
11-10-2007, 04:39 AM
I'm skeptical to say the least. But at the same time I think ghosts exist. Although I would think they'd have better things to do on the other side of the vail than stick around and haunt an old house or whatever.

But anyway, the Discovery Channel has a show that's on around noon on most weekdays called, "A Haunting". It's supposed to be about true hauntings. And, IMHO, it's a lot more entertaining than Ghost Hunters.

hondarobot
11-10-2007, 04:51 AM
The important thing to keep in mind, even by the estimations of most of the scientific community, is we only have a very loose understanding of what 4% of matter/energy even IS in the visible universe. 96% falls into the "dark" energy and matter definition (which actually means: we have no fuckin idea what's going on out there).

The 4% of "known" material should probably be reduced by 3/4 or lower. We don't really know what all is living in the ocean, how far Pi can be carried out, or what actually causes gravity. We don't know shit about our own planet, and we've still yet to get very far away from that, even.

Maybe the ghosts know something, and they just don't want to tell us yet.

Maybe nobody bothered to ask them.

:shrug